Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?

Go down 
+10
em81
04daviszoe
Dunkelziffer
eli27
meenwhile
Draw_It_White
queenfarooq
philosopher_king
Jenn
14 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 10:26 am

Is this why the old forum shut down?
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102187
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 02, 2014 11:13 am

queenfarooq wrote:
819234 wrote:
Was Shocked Beyond Belief closed because people found out that Smiggles was Adam Lanza?

No.
I think this was discovered some time after the board closed down. I don't think any users on SBB had any idea about 'Smiggles' real life persona.

Radioactive_Clothing wrote:
Is this why the old forum shut down?

There are a couple of threads on here that go into a little more detail as to why SBB was shut down that you may find interesting:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm sure there's more as i remember the question been asked within other threads a couple of times. In short it seems to have been closed due to people arguing and causing drama on the board etc. Nothing to do with Smiggles.
Back to top Go down
meenwhile

Contribution Points : 83161
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 9:29 pm

silent

Last edited by meenwhile on Mon Aug 31, 2015 11:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83382
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 20, 2015 3:03 am

Sabratha shared this link of two private messages sent by Adam:

The second down is about adult/child relationships and child rights etc.

The thread Sabratha started about the messages is here:

Contribution Points : 98635

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 2:29 pm

bump.
Back to top Go down
04daviszoe
Banned

Contribution Points : 78945
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2015 2:06 pm

I decided to go through the screenshots of posts he made on the old forum out of curiosity & was quite surprised to see we commented on the same posts & stuff. Feel a bit weird. Anyone else feel weird about his presence? bounce
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118575
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2015 8:39 pm

04daviszoe wrote:
I decided to go through the screenshots of posts he made on the old forum out of curiosity & was quite surprised to see we commented on the same posts & stuff. Feel a bit weird. Anyone else feel weird about his presence? bounce
I never spoke with him because by the time I joined the old forum in early 2012 he had pretty much stopped posting. But my boyfriend was a member on the old forum and was actively posting at the same time as Adam and he (my boyfriend) spoke with Adam a few times. He said he didn't think much of him. That he thought he had a weird sense of humor but nothing really stuck out about him. That he was just another member on the forum. He never gave off any signs that he would become a school shooter.

It's eerie when you think about just how many people you interact with on a daily basis over the Internet. You never know who could be the next Adam Lanza. I know myself personally, I don't think to myself when I speak to people on the forum that they could turn out to be a school shooter. But it is very possible that they could be.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 101049
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2015 7:59 am

Jenn wrote:
04daviszoe wrote:
I never spoke with him because by the time I joined the old forum in early 2012 he had pretty much stopped posting. But my boyfriend was a member on the old forum and was actively posting at the same time as Adam and he (my boyfriend) spoke with Adam a few times. He said he didn't think much of him. That he thought he had a weird sense of humor but nothing really stuck out about him. That he was just another member on the forum. He never gave off any signs that he would become a school shooter.

It's eerie when you think about just how many people you interact with on a daily basis over the Internet. You never know who could be the next Adam Lanza. I know myself personally, I don't think to myself when I speak to people on the forum that they could turn out to be a school shooter. But it is very possible that they could be.

that´s creepy but i have to agree.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 10:49 am

Currently perusing thread. Beyond interesting stuff you guys.

But how was the initial discovery that Smiggles was Lanza? Like who was the first one who put two and two together and went back on here and brought it up? Was it about that phone call thing?

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2016 5:58 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Currently perusing thread. Beyond interesting stuff you guys.

But how was the initial discovery that Smiggles was Lanza? Like who was the first one who put two and two together and went back on here and brought it up? Was it about that phone call thing?
That was me who originally figured out it was Lanza. And I figured it out when I was reading through evidence from Lanza's computer that said he went by the online handle 'Smiggles'. It didn't say what sites he was a member of or that it was the Columbine forum but I remembered that when I first joined SCMRPG which Danny sold to Desti who renamed in SBB in mid 2012, there was a member on there called 'Smiggles' that no one really liked. By the end of 2011 he wasn't posting that much anymore.

I put 2 and 2 together and pretty much figured it was him. Not long after I posted here on this forum that I believed Smiggles was Lanza, as usual someone came along, stole that information from my forum, took credit for it as their own and created this entire blog about Lanza being Smiggles and did not credit me or my forum for taking that information that I know they got from here.

I mean if anyone wants to prove me wrong and show me where someone else said this publicly before the date I did, then I'm all ears but I do not believe there was anyone before me.

Woundfucker likes this post

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 6:53 am

Jenn wrote:
That was me who originally figured out it was Lanza. And I figured it out when I was reading through evidence from Lanza's computer that said he went by the online handle 'Smiggles'. It didn't say what sites he was a member of or that it was the Columbine forum but I remembered that when I first joined SCMRPG which Danny sold to Desti who renamed in SBB in mid 2012, there was a member on there called 'Smiggles' that no one really liked. By the end of 2011 he wasn't posting that much anymore.

I put 2 and 2 together and pretty much figured it was him. Not long after I posted here on this forum that I believed Smiggles was Lanza, as usual someone came along, stole that information from my forum, took credit for it as their own and created this entire blog about Lanza being Smiggles and did not credit me or my forum for taking that information that I know they got from here.

I mean if anyone wants to prove me wrong and show me where someone else said this publicly before the date I did, then I'm all ears but I do not believe there was anyone before me.

Ah so you perused through the evidence report that stated about him being part of a Columbine-related online community sth like that right? and it stated his username 'Smiggles'. Did your heart jump on the inside initially after reading that? It must've been like whoa, wait a minute, don't tell me....Hahahah.
Either way this was a crazy case! And there's many people on here now who are from SBB and I think of you guys like pioneers, hahah. You guys went a long way from there till here upon reading this thread and the Sandy Hook thread. Quite dramatic.

Jenn

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 10:35 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Jenn wrote:

Ah so you perused through the evidence report that stated about him being part of a Columbine-related online community sth like that right? and it stated his username 'Smiggles'. Did your heart jump on the inside initially after reading that? It must've been like whoa, wait a minute, don't tell me....Hahahah.
Either way this was a crazy case! And there's many people on here now who are from SBB and I think of you guys like pioneers, hahah. You guys went a long way from there till here upon reading this thread and the Sandy Hook thread. Quite dramatic.
Yes, one of the members here posted some links to documents that were found on Lanza's computer. As I was reading through the documents, I read that one of the user ID's that Lanza went by online was "Smiggles". It did not say anything about him using that name in the Columbine community, it just said that he had several accounts where he used that name. A friend of mine and I had discussed this several of times after Sandy Hook happened (whether or not we thought Lanza may have been on the old Columbine forum) and sure enough as I was looking through the documents, the name "Smiggles" popped up. And I automatically thought of "Smiggles" from the old forum. Once I realized it was him, I shared that information here on this forum on January 1, 2014.

About a week or so later a person who was a member here on my forum opened up a blog discussing how he found out that Adam Lanza had been posting on 'Shocked Beyond Belief' as the name "Smiggles", but not once did he mention that he used my forum for his research nor did he credit any of the people who posted the original documents. He also forgot to mention that I was the one who first shared it publicly that Adam Lanza was "Smiggles". And I have a serious problem with that. I do not mind if people want to use my forum for their research and I also don't mind if people want to use information that they have gotten from my forum but I most certainly have a problem when people take that information and use it as their own and never give credit to the people they got it from.

And I cannot tell you how many times that has happened over the past 3 and a half years. People from Tumblr stealing content they've taken from someone here on the forum and basically writing it out word for word on their own blogs, claiming it as their own work. This person who took all the info about Smiggles from this forum and created their blog, once again not giving credit for the information they took from here. And this is exactly why we will no longer allow any videos or content from "Cleaning Columbine" on this forum. I lost count at how many times I've opened up a video of Cleaning Columbine's and it contains content, nearly word for word from something he's taken from the forum. I've also seen screenshots that he's stolen from here as well. He also admitted publicly on this other page he runs that he uses this forum for his 'research' but I've never once seen him give credit to any of the members here he takes it from. And then he's got all these people thinking how great and wonderful his videos are when they're not even his own work.

We have no problems working with people and allowing them to use information they get from here as long as they give credit where credit is due. Some of the contributor's on the forum have been here for years and have put in hours and hours of research and ideas and it pisses me off when someone just comes along and uses other people's words as their own.

Anyhow, sorry the reply ended up being so long but I just wanted to explain it in a little better detail. And in case you would like to see the thread where I shared the info about Smiggles, it is here in this thread. And if anyone has any proof that someone did mention this before I did, I of course will take back that I was the first to mention it but I'm almost certain no one else did before me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (it's like the 20th or so response down).

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2016 10:53 am

Jenn wrote:

Yes, one of the members here posted some links to documents that were found on Lanza's computer. As I was reading through the documents, I read that one of the user ID's that Lanza went by online was "Smiggles". It did not say anything about him using that name in the Columbine community, it just said that he had several accounts where he used that name. A friend of mine and I had discussed this several of times after Sandy Hook happened (whether or not we thought Lanza may have been on the old Columbine forum) and sure enough as I was looking through the documents, the name "Smiggles" popped up. And I automatically thought of "Smiggles" from the old forum. Once I realized it was him, I shared that information here on this forum on January 1, 2014.

About a week or so later a person who was a member here on my forum opened up a blog discussing how he found out that Adam Lanza had been posting on 'Shocked Beyond Belief' as the name "Smiggles", but not once did he mention that he used my forum for his research nor did he credit any of the people who posted the original documents. He also forgot to mention that I was the one who first shared it publicly that Adam Lanza was "Smiggles". And I have a serious problem with that. I do not mind if people want to use my forum for their research and I also don't mind if people want to use information that they have gotten from my forum but I most certainly have a problem when people take that information and use it as their own and never give credit to the people they got it from.

And I cannot tell you how many times that has happened over the past 3 and a half years. People from Tumblr stealing content they've taken from someone here on the forum and basically writing it out word for word on their own blogs, claiming it as their own work. This person who took all the info about Smiggles from this forum and created their blog, once again not giving credit for the information they took from here. And this is exactly why we will no longer allow any videos or content from "Cleaning Columbine" on this forum. I lost count at how many times I've opened up a video of Cleaning Columbine's and it contains content, nearly word for word from something he's taken from the forum. I've also seen screenshots that he's stolen from here as well. He also admitted publicly on this other page he runs that he uses this forum for his 'research' but I've never once seen him give credit to any of the members here he takes it from. And then he's got all these people thinking how great and wonderful his videos are when they're not even his own work.

We have no problems working with people and allowing them to use information they get from here as long as they give credit where credit is due. Some of the contributor's on the forum have been here for years and have put in hours and hours of research and ideas and it pisses me off when someone just comes along and uses other people's words as their own.

Anyhow, sorry the reply ended up being so long but I just wanted to explain it in a little better detail. And in case you would like to see the thread where I shared the info about Smiggles, it is here in this thread. And if anyone has any proof that someone did mention this before I did, I of course will take back that I was the first to mention it but I'm almost certain no one else did before me.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] (it's like the 20th or so response down).

Thank you thank you thank you! I'll check it out. and yeah I know what blog you're talking about...>_> I've read an article or two myself on it. The only thing the person deserves credit on is their presentation or formatting I'd say, but they were pretty vague on where the root of the source was taken from.

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 12:47 am

I don't believe he was a pedophile. I believe he was interested in the concept, but I do not think that he himself was a pedophile. He owned pornography that was not of children or child related things such as that. He was on the autism spectrum which generally lowers your sexual appetite.
Back to top Go down
abstractsmigs

abstractsmigs

Contribution Points : 71773

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 5:09 am

hate99 wrote:
He owned pornography
What is known of him owning pornography? I don't recall.
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82861
Forum Reputation : 548

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 27, 2017 1:57 pm

abstractsmigs wrote:
hate99 wrote:
He owned pornography
What is known of him owning pornography? I don't recall.
This is what one report says about the subject of pedophilia and pornography.
Office of the Child Advocate Report wrote:
At some point, AL crafted an undated and lengthy essay, which he identified as a college admission application text, outlining a position that pedophilia should not be considered abhorrent or illegal. His essay, academic in tone, references varying cultural norms across the span of time to support a premise that  our  modern  day  attitudes  about  pedophilia  are  arbitrarily  constructed.  Authors  are  careful to note that there are no other writings that speak to a preoccupation he may or may not have had  with  pedophilia.  There  are  no  records  and  there  is  no  evidence  that  he  had  pedophiliac tendencies. Authors note that there is evidence that he was in possession of video pornography, but that the contents of the pornography was not pedophiliac in nature. It is possible that the essay he drafted  constituted  an  academic  exercise  that  was  not  submitted  for  review  by  any  educational professional.  As with the “Big Book of Granny”, it was obsessive in both length and tone, 34 pages long even though he stated that the “requirement” was 500 words.
Two interesting notes about these remarks.
1) We apparently have more information on this subject than the people who wrote this report because we all know that there definitely were other materials in his possession that suggested a preoccupation with pedophilia. Aside from the private message he sent on the topic, he talked about it on the forum and he also had materials on his computer that included a screenplay about a relationship between a 10 year old boy and 30 year old man along with a movie called Voor Eeen Verloren Soldatt that depicted a romantic relationship between a man and a boy.
2) The essay that the police reviewed was much longer than the 2010 essay that was meant to be posted on the forum so his interest in the subject was ongoing. In the late 2010 essay, he also explicitly stated that he had never "intentionally seen any adult pornography," when he was denying latent pedophilia or having watched child pornography himself. This either means that Adam was lying in his original essay or that at some time between the ages of 18 and 20, he started watching pornography. He could have been telling the truth, given that in late 2011 he also said that he used to think he was asexual, primarily because his BMI was so low (at that point it would have been even lower than it was when he died, but he does not specify the time frame he was referring to).

Edit: I was reading through this thread and I want to add something that I just thought of regarding my second point. If I am not mistaken, the pornography they found was not actually located on Adam's hard drive. It was a CD that contained pornographic photos and videos. Another possibility is that Adam was telling the truth and that he never watched pornography before or after making the statement. This CD could have actually belonged to his brother, back when he lived at home during high school, but left in his room along with many of his other belongings. This would make a lot more sense in reference to his statement about not having watched pornography of any sort, especially given the release of the FBI documents suggesting that Adam had been attracted to one or two people in his entire life and was probably not inclined to watch pornography because he was not very interested in sex at all (or, at least, not interested in the concept of sex outside of a loving relationship, as he suggested in his essay).

nrmnfckngrckwll and anna444 like this post

Back to top Go down
Taquill

Taquill

Contribution Points : 14065

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2022 10:19 pm

Poor dude could've been a good partner if he dropped the insane shit. Not many men out there actually decent enough to not be hungry for sex outside of a loving relationship.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?   Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Smiggles status as pedophile at SBB?
Page 1 of 1