Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share | 

I wish...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
AceOfCards

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:57 pm

"Fan-girls" make me sick, bet you most of them wouldn't even given them a time of their day to talk to either Eric or Dylan.

View user profile
jettfyre80

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Feb 01, 2014 2:33 am

A date with Dylan Klebold would be very awkward. He was painfully shy as we all know and he would probably barely talk. The only exception would be if he was dating a girl he had been friends with for years, like Devon. Dylan most likely was not the type to call a girl, especially in those days since only a few kids had cell phones. He'd have to risk getting the girl's father answering the phone and have to deal with him. lol

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Wed Mar 05, 2014 4:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Dylan would not have wanted to "cuddle, hug and kiss" you. Dylan would have shot you in the head along with everyone else. I know a lot of the fans say "Oh, he wouldn't have shot me". Yes, he would have. They didn't care if their own friends got blown up that day. It is a shame that these fans cannot grasp that concept; they wanted to destroy the whole school and everyone in it.

Sure, there were probably a few people they didn't want to intentionally kill, but if they became collateral damage, that didn't matter to them. The way Dylan talks in his journal, it is almost as if he hoped to kill his true love so that they could live together in bliss in the afterlife.
This.  During most school shootings, the shots are fired at random.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Love

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:13 am

Totally agree with you. I think it is much easier to concentrate their "love" on some idealized character than a real person, with all its advantages and disadvantages. Most teenage girls suffer this kind of nonsense. It's a pity that not all people it goes away with time. We are all to some extent interested in the details of life of famous people or any of the events, listen to gossip or the news, apparently curiosity is part of human nature. It's OK if not go into obsession. There is always a line that cannot be crossed, a line where curiosity turns into madness.

bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 7:34 am

I don't know why girls only like the bad guys, it's like the real good guys get the short end of the stick.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Scarletmoon

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:59 am

When I first got into this subject earlier this year and started doing some research and searching online I came across Tumblr and thought to myself "what the actual f*ck did I just see" when I saw all these teens basically declaring their love for kids (who killed) and have been dead for 17 years because of the memories of these boys that are second hand memories. I couldn't comprehend it, they were talking of Eric and Dylan as if they were guys in a teen magazine. I do fully agree with what ThoughtBox said regarding the fact that these girls who are drooling over DK and EH probably ignore and maybe bully (because they seem to bully people even on Tumblr from what I've noticed) the kids that are like them now, not seeing the irony in what they are doing. I had a point I was getting to but I completely forgot it so ill leave it at that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:28 pm

I remember posting a comment in another thread similar to this one a while back, and I just went through all my posts to find it b/c I thought it would be appropriate here too:

The reality is that if E&D never committed the massacre and were just guys that happened to go to the same school as a lot of their followers/admirers/fangirls/whatever, these girls/guys most likely wouldn't have given them the time of day. They would have seen Eric as weird and Dylan as having greasy hair. Just like the real people who went to school with them and actually knew them in Real Life saw them.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:33 pm

These girls love the fantasy, not the person. They create a person in their head and attach a name/face to that.
Nothing to do with reality.

I feel like this is pretty much what Dylan did with the people he had crushes on as well
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Huh, good that you brought up this older topic! Many good thoughts, again.

I really like [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] 's idea. This would be a really constructive thing to do, if someone wishes to transform their Eric and Dylan fandom into something positive.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], these are very sensible thoughts! Maybe the fangirls who fantasize about Dylan not wanting to shoot them should do the same amount of research as you did.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], amen to that. In a certain age, this fangirl attitude is considered normal, and I agree it is sad that this does not always goes with time. And living in one's fantasies is sometimes easier...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I assume their being dead plays an important role in the whole fandom thingy. An ideal is supposed to be unreachable - so that the fangirls' fantasies may never conflict with reality. A dead ideal is one who never causes any disappointments.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], yes! This is what "projecting and idealizing" is about!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: yeah. He seems to have been living in a fantasy world and had this black-and-white type thinking, either idealizing or demonizing/loathing someone. Maybe the idealizing part attracts so many fangirls? Don't know.

I have an ambivalent attitude towards fangirls.
It is very irritating to see them being so crazily in love with two dead guys. I wonder if any of these girls began to wonder "it's high time I grew up"? (The same goes for other fangirls, not only Eric and Dylan's.)
But.
Fandom and having ideals is a natural part of growing up. In a certain age, it is healthy to have an unreachable ideal who can be a subject of projections and fantasies.
In healthy cases, these ideals gradually get a lesser importance and the person integrates the qualities - that they used to project onto the ideal's image - into their own personality.

The other problem - here - is that it is not too healthy to choose murder-suicide teens as one's ideals. What were their values that do worth admiring?

There are many Erics and Dylans out there, I am pretty sure about it. Just not all of them are potential school shooters. And they surely deserve the girls' attention.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 8:53 pm

I just wish girls didn't like the "bad boys" and started going for the real good guys. I bet some of the women on this forum were the same way in high school. I mean why do women only want to date jocks and not nerds? they can be nice looking too or why can't a jock date a nerdy girl? Their is so much stereotyping.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It works both ways and not all girls like jocks and "bad boys". I sure as hell didn't in high school and I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people than you think that don't care about athletic, sporty jock types. I was more of an outcast and most of the people I was interested in (who weren't even close to "jock status") didn't care for me, and that's just how it works sometimes.

Part of e&d's problem with girls is that, for one, Eric seemed to be drawn to shallow, superficial girls that he thought were cute but couldn't carry on a deep conversation (deep convos were pretty important to him, but he didn't seem to have a problem sacrificing that for looks). Dylan's love interests are more up for speculation, but he spent more time admiring them from a distance and creating fantasies about them in his head instead of approaching them, which is what held him back. After the massacre a couple people who knew Dylan claimed to have been interested in him. But even e&d set standards and were too good to date nerdy girls or girls more on their social level or whatever.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:48 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] It works both ways and not all girls like jocks and "bad boys". I sure as hell didn't in high school and I'm pretty sure there are a lot more people than you think that don't care about athletic, sporty jock types. I was more of an outcast and most of the people I was interested in (who weren't even close to "jock status") didn't care for me, and that's just how it works sometimes.

Part of e&d's problem with girls is that, for one, Eric seemed to be drawn to shallow, superficial girls that he thought were cute but couldn't carry on a deep conversation (deep con were pretty important to him, but he didn't seem to have a problem sacrificing that for looks). Dylan's love interests are more up for speculation, but he spent more time admiring them from a distance and creating fantasies about them in his head instead of approaching them, which is what held him back. After the massacre a couple people who knew Dylan claimed to have been interested in him. But even e&d set standards and were too good to date nerdy girls or girls more on their social level or whatever.
Exactly, if you love the person with all your heart, it doesn't matter what type of "social class" you're in. Besides we cute nerds are probably better in bed lol Very Happy
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bradt93
Permanently Banned

PostSubject: Re: I wish...   Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Also, I wasn't all nerdy in H.S. I got best student and most improved rewards. I almost got voted the guy most likely to succeed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

I wish...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: