Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Columbine related Tattoos

Go down 
+18
sororityalpha
tommydee89
Lizpuff
Love
browneyes11
bigj
eli27
Rebdoomer
WendlaBergman
Draw_It_White
TheFragile
tfsa47090
areyoulistening
JDM87
deathmedic
JayJay
maninthebox
Mj2beat
22 posters
AuthorMessage

Columbine related Tattoos Empty
PostSubject: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:48 pm

Hi everyone !

I've searched if a topic on Columbine related tattoos was already created and I could not find anything (I might be wrong, I'm not sure)

Anyway, I've been browsing tumblrs these days (maybe I should not have...) and I found rather disturbing pictures of Columbine related tattoos gotten by fan girls.

I think this was a Dylan's journal entry
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

I don't know about you but assuming that most of these girls are teenagers or young adults, I think it's sad that they are going to keep such tattoos for the rest of their lives. It reminds me a little of Manson's girls that got tattooed a swastiska on their foreheads as a sign of support. What do you think ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 5:53 pm

They probably will regret that decision in some years.
Buuuut....that half-heart is not that bad as a motive. And I say that as someone, who doesn't like Tattoos at all, especially on girls.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:06 pm

I don't really like the half-heart, it was mainly a doodle I guess (and I think Dylan was not very good at drawing), although I must agree that it's the most acceptable. My main concern is :

1) How can parents of these girls let them get such tattoos. I mean, I'm in my mid-twenties and my mom would still probably smash my head if I wanted to get or actually got a tattoo referring to a killer.

2) A responsible tattoo artist would try to convince the person not to get such tattoo or would refuse to tattoo such motive (some tattoos artists refuse to perform for less than that, i.e. barcode tattoos etc.)

I am wondering how they will deal in 20 years from now when they will explain why they got it, or for a job application for instance...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 6:45 pm

Halcyon_Days wrote:
I don't really like the half-heart, it was mainly a doodle I guess (and I think Dylan was not very good at drawing), although I must agree that it's the most acceptable. My main concern is :

1) How can parents of these girls let them get such tattoos. I mean, I'm in my mid-twenties and my mom would still probably smash my head if I wanted to get or actually got a tattoo referring to a killer.

2) A responsible tattoo artist would try to convince the person not to get such tattoo or would refuse to tattoo such motive (some tattoos artists refuse to perform for less than that, i.e. barcode tattoos etc.)

I am wondering how they will deal in 20 years from now when they will explain why they got it, or for a job application for instance...

I think the tattoo artist doesn't necessarily have to be aware of what these things mean, as well as the parents. Who in the "normal world" sees a broken heart and thinks "Oh, that looks like it could be from a school shooters diary!" ? ;) 
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94329
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 7:02 pm

I bet that many of these girls are gonna be so regret in 20 years. I like tattoos I even have one but you cant transform everything you want to a tattoo because it means that you will have something on your skin probably all your life and it can effect many things like find a job, even the place where you want it have to be carefully chosen specially if it is something like these ones about school shooters. I understand that when someone is young, anything can mean a lot for the immaturity of the person but then they will be so regret because have a tattoo implicate a lot of things and is something you have to think very well before do it. Maybe the people with those tattoos are young adults and their parents don't even know what it means but if they know, these people should be embarrassing because it can offend other people and also relatives

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 98752
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm

Ok, the half-hearts and "Beautiful" aren't that bad, but "Dylan Klebold"? Really? I know I'd find it creepy if someone I met had a tattoo with Adam Lanza's or some other mass murderer's name. Well, I guess, at least they didn't tattoo their portraits... That would make for some ugly tattoos lol (not implying that E&D were ugly, it's just that I never saw a nice portrait tattoo)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:04 pm

maninthebox wrote:
Well, I guess, at least they didn't tattoo their portraits...

I would not be surprised if a fan girl actually does (if it's not the case already, these are just a few examples found on tumblr, who knows...)  ;) 
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 98752
Forum Reputation : 8

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Feb 02, 2014 8:06 pm

Halcyon_Days wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
Well, I guess, at least they didn't tattoo their portraits...

I would not be surprised if a fan girl actually does (if it's not the case already, these are just a few examples found on tumblr, who knows...)  ;) 
Please post it here, if you ever see one  affraid 
Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96189
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:46 am

Holy s..., Dylan's signature and hearts as tattoos? I didn't think it was even possible. The more I see, the crazier it gets.

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 8:41 am

Tattoo artists don't care what they tattoo, even if they disagree with it most will still do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:12 am

Look at this idiot! I wonder if she'll regret this in a few years? (This is a she, right?)

Back to top Go down
JayJay

Contribution Points : 96189

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 9:43 am

Unsurprisingly, Dylan's writings seem more popular for tattoos. I'd like to see someone with a tattoo that uses some of Eric's beautiful and lyrical poetry  Suspect  such as ''Move it or Lose it'' or ''If it moves, kill it, if it doesn't burn it''. Or still, a Jo Mamma joke with a ''Reb'' signature. Oh, people...

"Is evil something you are? Or is it something you do? My pain is constant and sharp and I do not hope for a better world for anyone. In fact, I want my pain to be inflicted on others. I want no one to escape."
- American Psycho - Bret Easton Ellis (1991)
Back to top Go down
JDM87

Contribution Points : 100881

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 12:22 pm

I just don't get this, at all. My gawd, these fangirls are stupid. The "Dylan Klebold signature" tattoo is probably the funniest... oh well, have fun trying to remove these in the next few years!  ;)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 2:49 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
(This is a she, right?)

There is room for doubt  Laughing ! I don't know where you found that but this is probably the worst I've ever seen !

Anyway, I think too that Dylan's writings attract more, probably because he is considered to be much more "romantic" than Eric (I can hardly imagine a fan girl getting a "KILL MANKIND" tattoo or a "YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE ?!" one).
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101072

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 5:53 pm

Halcyon_Days wrote:
(I can hardly imagine a fan girl getting a "KILL MANKIND" tattoo or a "YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE ?!" one).

You'd be surprised.

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 6:15 pm

Weren't Dyl's hearts modelled after the hearts from the Smashing Pumpkins? The design looks similar enough..

That said, I really cannot fathom the urge to get a tattoo like these. It is something permanent that you are not going to be able to explain away forever. It is the folly of youth to me that almost borders on disrespect -- it would feel very different to me if someone who knew the boys got an unobtrusive memorial tattoo, whereas this fangirl thing feels like it diminishes and trivialises the trauma and the hurt suffered on all fronts involved in the case.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:46 pm

JayJay wrote:
Unsurprisingly, Dylan's writings seem more popular for tattoos. I'd like to see someone with a tattoo that uses some of Eric's beautiful and lyrical poetry   Suspect  such as ''Move it or Lose it'' or ''If it moves, kill it, if it doesn't burn it''. Or still, a Jo Mamma joke with a ''Reb'' signature. Oh, people...

How about some "you know what I hate..." tattoos.

You know what I hate....TATTOOS!!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2014 10:47 pm

Now maybe if I can find my favorite Dylan thought-box and tattoo that on my upper arm, that'd be real cool............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Rolling Eyes 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:33 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Now maybe if I can find my favorite Dylan thought-box and tattoo that on my upper arm, that'd be real cool............riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.  Rolling Eyes 

Oh, c'mon. You know you want to. ;) Dylan's TB's are bizarre, whimsical little Rorschach ink blot Humanity Tests. People would go 'what the heck is that on your arm?' Great convo starters. Make 'em ponder.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100313
Forum Reputation : 91

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 2:26 pm

areyoulistening wrote:
Halcyon_Days wrote:
(I can hardly imagine a fan girl getting a "KILL MANKIND" tattoo or a "YOU KNOW WHAT I HATE ?!" one).

You'd be surprised.

Oh, indeed. More like they'd be inclined to get something along the lines of "Natural Selection" when attempting to "honor" Eric. What a gargantuan majority of them fail to realize is that Eric didn't remotely comprehend what the concept of the natural selection process actually is, hence, neither do they.

thedragonrampant wrote:
Weren't Dyl's hearts modelled after the hearts from the Smashing Pumpkins? The design looks similar enough..

That said, I really cannot fathom the urge to get a tattoo like these. It is something permanent that you are not going to be able to explain away forever. It is the folly of youth to me that almost borders on disrespect -- it would feel very different to me if someone who knew the boys got an unobtrusive memorial tattoo, whereas this fangirl thing feels like it diminishes and trivialises the trauma and the hurt suffered on all fronts involved in the case.

How exquisitely put, thedragonrampant. A lot of these "gestures" are utterly disrespectful, and they do absolutely trivialize the pain these two kids carried within themselves, and then selfishly created for so many others with their final actions.
Back to top Go down
TheFragile

Contribution Points : 96309

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2014 3:03 pm

K.F.C. wrote:
Look at this idiot! I wonder if she'll regret this in a few years? (This is a she, right?)

It is in the leg, right?

She even sign with a "Dylan" at the end. WTF.

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2014 11:32 am

I have no doubt in my mind, within 10 years that Dylan Klebold signature will be covered up with something else.

Imagine explaining that one to the kids!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 7:30 am

It's clear that you can't really explain these tattoos... People would definitely judge you, and it would be even worst if they know the meaning. Actually, the beautiful and the hearts could be ok, as you need to know where they come from and I don't think alot of people do. Well, except if you go to CHS and say 'hey! Look at my new tattoo!'

Anyway, I got a friend who's born april 20 1999 and she tattoed it, without obviously knowing anything about CHS so I guess it's kinda ok...
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 10:26 am

I have a feeling most of these will be covered up.... The hearts and beautiful unless you really know what it's for (99.9% of ppl will not know) are fine.
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89249

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Feb 06, 2015 10:25 pm

If I had anything Columbine related tattooed on me it would either be one of Dylan's hearts or "To love is to enter a completion of oneself" and have it attributed to "D.B.K.". I have the whole "Love is more valuable than anything I know. To love is to enter a completion of oneself." on the Quotes section of my Facebook profile, with his full name and dates attributed, and nobody has ever said anything about it.

Last edited by WendlaBergman on Sat Aug 29, 2015 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Rebdoomer

Rebdoomer

Contribution Points : 78628

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 11:28 am

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 82832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 12:02 pm

cringing

Contribution Points : 89249

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2015 10:53 pm

I don't see why the hearts, "Beautiful," or crosses are cringeworthy. The way I see it, Eric and Dylan DID write/say things besides killing people - some of which may have had a profound impact on those who read them. For example, reading Dylan's journal and seeing the way he talked about love made me realize "Hey, if someone this sick who did something this deranged has an understanding of love, why shouldn't we?" It made me realize that even he had good in him. Thanks to Dylan's writing, I have a new outlook on life and am not as judgmental, hateful, or vengeful as I was before. If I get a tattoo, it well may be his quote about love being more valuable than anything he knew and a completion of oneself. Those two sentences turned my life around.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 82832
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeSun Aug 30, 2015 3:35 am

WendlaBergman wrote:
I don't see why the hearts, "Beautiful," or crosses are cringeworthy. The way I see it, Eric and Dylan DID write/say things besides killing people - some of which may have had a profound impact on those who read them. For example, reading Dylan's journal and seeing the way he talked about love made me realize "Hey, if someone this sick who did something this deranged has an understanding of love, why shouldn't we?" It made me realize that even he had good in him. Thanks to Dylan's writing, I have a new outlook on life and am not as judgmental, hateful, or vengeful as I was before. If I get a tattoo, it well may be his quote about love being more valuable than anything he knew and a completion of oneself. Those two sentences turned my life around.

I was cringing at the full letter on leg, and the shooters with bullet holes.

Contribution Points : 80071

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2015 11:58 pm

Why would you deface yourself like that...
GL explaining those to people
Back to top Go down
browneyes11

browneyes11

Contribution Points : 83894

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Sep 01, 2015 4:43 am

I can't say I'm shocked. I've seen worst tattoos than those (not Columbine related)

To experience life after death, in solitude, in compassion, in love.-
Back to top Go down
Love

Love

Contribution Points : 66891
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:03 pm

I'll just leave it here... Shocked silent  

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:06 pm

I have seen all but the first tattoo. That "best day ever" is very callous and extremely gross. I don't like that tattoo regardless of the suicide shot. Calling it the best day ever is really disgusting

tommydee89

Contribution Points : 80762

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 4:52 am

I think "Best Day Ever" was a direct quote from Eric
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 12:13 pm

tommydee89 wrote:
I think "Best Day Ever" was a direct quote from Eric

I don't think so, I have not been able to find any reference to it.
Back to top Go down
thenight_watchman

thenight_watchman

Contribution Points : 64522

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 2:35 am

Okay, I'm a bit shocked by the "Best Day Ever" one. Ya' know, each person their own. I'm open minded, but can admit some tats are a bit much here. All in all, I don't have too much of a problem with the other tattoos. Some are cringy, yes. But other I've seen, I can see where there's some kind of importance in it to the person getting it.
I'm open to whatever I might get from my honesty here, but I've actually thought of getting a Columbine related tattoo. Not because I idolize them, but because of personal importance. It would just be the 3 barred cross because I really enjoy the meaning Dylan put behind it. Good, bad, and everything in between.

Holloka

Contribution Points : 65898

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 12:02 pm

Not an expert on tats, but the second one in LOve's post (below the best day ever one) looks like one of those child tattoos that you put on with water. If you enlarge the picture, you see as if it's covered in something shiny, like the kiddie tats lol

Check this one in its original size
Love wrote:
I'll just leave it here... Shocked silent  

Oh yeah, and the pic on the first page, where a woman in a dress is posing with Dylan's poem: if you look at her hand, her skin looks like she could be somewhat older, like in her 30s already. That would also explain the mum dress she's wearing.

Note her hand, and her somewhat dull, older skin around the tat
Guest wrote:

Last edited by Holloka on Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Quoted the pics for clarification)
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71131

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 3:05 pm

I just wonder what these people try to express by getting these tattoos? And how will they feel a few years later about them?

Yes, some of the tattoos seem to be these child tat type ones. Again, I wonder where do they get them? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Contribution Points : 70444
Forum Reputation : 486

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2019 8:03 am

Why are they all female? Is this that "women are attracted to murderers" thing again?

And I didn't know about Manson's girls getting swastikas tattooed on their foreheads. Richard Ramirez (IIRC) had that one woman who wrote to him for months without a reply, declaring her complete, absolute love for him, saying she'd do anything he wanted. When was the last time a woman treated her law-abiding husband like that? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Columbine related Tattoos   Columbine related Tattoos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Columbine related Tattoos
Page 1 of 1