Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
maninthebox

Contribution Points : 98752
Forum Reputation : 8

Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeWed Feb 19, 2014 11:51 pm

From this article [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Several students expressed anger at the jocks for spreading rumors to defame the two in death with the same slurs that dogged them through life. Dustin Gorton, a good friend of Harris and Klebold, was particularly outraged. “I think it’d be really funny if you tried to tell their girlfriends that they were gay,” he said. Gorton, a brawny 6-foot senior dressed in camouflage pants, said prom pictures had been taken with Harris and Klebold and their girlfriends, but hadn’t been developed. He promised that the media would never see the pictures, or find the two young women.

“You’re never going to get those names. [The girlfriends] are so far hidden, and they are so screwed up right now,” he said. Gorton described himself as a “nontraditional jock” who played Doom on the Internet with the two killers, as well as baseball with a team outside the school. He said he was not a member of the Trench Coat Mafia.

Do you think he was mistakenly referring to Robyn and someone else? Wasn't Dustin their close friend to be so misinformed?  
PS the author is Cullen
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

Contribution Points : 101072
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:01 am

maninthebox wrote:
PS the author is Cullen

Says it all then doesn't it?

captainbaculum likes this post

Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 1:15 am

areyoulistening wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
PS the author is Cullen

It's a direct quote, I don't think they can make this up.. even if it's Cullen
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:00 am

maninthebox wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:
maninthebox wrote:
PS the author is Cullen

It's a direct quote, I don't think they can make this up.. even if it's Cullen

Maybe so. It's an interesting thought though, could explain the absence in journal entries.

I liked this part the most:

Eddie doesn’t condone what Harris and Klebold did, but said he understood what drove them to it. “I think that those two kids were tormented, and finally one day they just snapped. They couldn’t take it anymore, and instead of taking it out on themselves, they took it out on other people. I took it out on myself. But it was a daily thought: ‘Boy would I really like to hurt someone. Boy would I like to see them dead.’ If you don’t get help for it, you’ll always think that.”

Of course we know now it was planned for a long time but I like the sentiment behind it.

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 2:30 am

areyoulistening wrote:

Maybe so. It's an interesting thought though, could explain the absence in journal entries.
Do you mean that they actually could have had girlfriends?

Quote :
I liked this part the most:

Eddie doesn’t condone what Harris and Klebold did, but said he understood what drove them to it. “I think that those two kids were tormented, and finally one day they just snapped. They couldn’t take it anymore, and instead of taking it out on themselves, they took it out on other people. I took it out on myself. But it was a daily thought: ‘Boy would I really like to hurt someone. Boy would I like to see them dead.’ If you don’t get help for it, you’ll always think that.”

Of course we know now it was planned for a long time but I like the sentiment behind it.
Me too. I feel really bad for Eddie.
Funny how Cullen interviewed these jocks himself and then downplayed the bullying factor in his book.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 5:32 pm

maninthebox wrote:
areyoulistening wrote:

Do you mean that they actually could have had girlfriends? [

No, I don't think they did. There's no evidence to say they had besides Eric dating Susan.
I just meant that it would be an interesting idea of they had and we didn't know about it.

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 9:45 pm

areyoulistening wrote:

No, I don't think they did. There's no evidence to say they had besides Eric dating Susan.
I just meant that it would be an interesting idea of they had and we didn't know about it.
Ah, I see. I agree. That's why I posted this link, I was hoping maybe there's more evidence about these girlfriends than what Dustin had said.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 20, 2014 10:33 pm

I think the article tends to just generalize "Prom" when it could be "After Prom" just as well.  My guess is that Dustin crossed paths with E & D at the After Prom and observed them posing in pics with girls.  Dylan was with Robyn, maybe posed in a pic or two with Devon as according to Devon, they were good friends and had slow danced to "Take My Breath Away" by Berlin at Prom.  While, Eric probably had some snapshots taken with the girls he associated with at Black Jack: Alyssa Sechler, Kim Carlin, Sara Arbogast and also Kristi Epling who was with Nate.  So, from Dustin's teenage perception, E & D had taken pictures with "girlfriends".

"Klebold seemed happy at the prom, and even surprised some friends by venturing onto the dance floor with Anderson - an uncharacteristic move that seemed like a favor to his date."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Nate, Christy, Alyssa Sechler and her boyfriend Derek Malin (whom she later married and divorced) went to Denny’s after they left the party..."
"Alyssa was a friend of Eric’s, although they didn’t really get to talk until his junior year. Every time Eric saw Alyssa at school he would run up to her and give her a huge hug, and tell her she was beautiful. Eric had a crush on Alyssa, but always felt somewhat inferior, always making comments about how he will never be like Derek."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Alyssa reported that she had been to Eric’s house twice and had German class with Eric from 9-11th grade. She considered Eric a friend and added that she did not know Dylan very well. Alyssa’s father made a copy of a photograph that Alyssa had taken of Eric Harris while at the after prom party at about 2:00 am. 

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:16 am

The same Cullen who claimed that Linkin Park was a favourite band of Dylan's, even though they didn't release their first album until 2000, nearly a year after he died?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 5:30 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
The same Cullen who claimed that Linkin Park was a favourite band of Dylan's, even though they didn't release their first album until 2000, nearly a year after he died?

cheers   cheers   cheers 
Back to top Go down
maninthebox

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeSun Feb 23, 2014 6:49 am

gustopoet wrote:

Juicy Jazzy wrote:

cheers    cheers    cheers 
I know lol. But, as I said earlier, he uses direct quotations in his article, surely he can't flat out lie? Couldn't someone sue him for that

InFiNiNcEX5

You're right, Dustin probably just wrongly assumed they were girlfriends. I was just under the impression he was close enough to E&D to know that these girls were just friends
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:03 pm

This makes me wonder why we've (or at least I) never seen more photos from prom/after prom of E & D. Even back then people took pictures like crazy, especially at something like that. I'd love to see the ones Alyssa has, as well as everyone else.

On a side note it's a shame that dylanklebold.com is defunct.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2016 6:12 pm

Columbine_obsessed wrote:
This makes me wonder why we've (or at least I) never seen more photos from prom/after prom of E & D. Even back then people took pictures like crazy, especially at something like that. I'd love to see the ones Alyssa has, as well as everyone else.

On a side note it's a shame that dylanklebold.com is defunct.

IDK. I would also like to see the prom photo, but perhaps the Klebold's are keeping that as a personal memory of Dylan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"   Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric and Dylan's "girlfriends"
Page 1 of 1