Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Why the 'merch'?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
evans12gauge

evans12gauge

Contribution Points : 18192
Forum Reputation : 10

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2022 9:45 pm

I'm sorry if this has been discussed before but
I just want to know why someone would buy serial killer/mass shooter action figures or t-shirts with their faces on them. This also goes for those who own "Natural Selection" or "Wrath" t-shirts. I'm not sure how else to explain this, I just don't understand what makes someone wear a mass shooter on their chest or own dolls of them.
Like, why?

CanIHelpYou likes this post

Back to top Go down
pinkclams

pinkclams

Contribution Points : 17995
Forum Reputation : 0

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 12:03 am

i found a good quote while listening to a podcast discussing columbine. i think it went a long the lines of "you know how people 'stan' certain artists and bands? like taylor swift merch or ariana grande? thats what the columbiners are. 'stans' of columbine"
i think that quote goes well due to the fact that most columbiners, especially twitter and tumblr girls, are obsessed with these people because they see an edgy emo dude and relate to them. just like how teens relate to swift and such. so, they buy merch that will make them feel "connected" to not only the killers but their little fanbase. that's just my guess!
Back to top Go down
NookAndCranny

NookAndCranny

Contribution Points : 18005
Forum Reputation : 0

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 8:44 am

Clothing is clothing, if it looks nice on you, wear it! I personally own a WRATH shirt because it looked dope without the context. (Also, nobody cares about US shootings where I'm from)
Back to top Go down
Kinkeloukaitis

Kinkeloukaitis

Contribution Points : 43205
Forum Reputation : 102

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 3:29 pm

I don't have a natural selection or Wrath t-shirt.
I have a t-shirt with E&D on it, not that I'm a fan of them, but I thought the t-shirt was particularly cool. I haven't worn it yet though.

And maybe for the slightly provocative side, the masses don't wear those kinds of shirts.

Engel likes this post

Back to top Go down
Spoobie

Spoobie

Contribution Points : 16818
Forum Reputation : 25

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2022 5:41 pm

It’s cool looking
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Why the 'merch'? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Why the 'merch'?   Why the 'merch'? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why the 'merch'?
Page 1 of 1