Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rare Picture?

Go down 
+2
queenfarooq
rebel2013
6 posters
AuthorMessage
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 103010
Forum Reputation : 0

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:38 pm

While searching the internet I ran across this picture has anyone seen it?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101662
Forum Reputation : 10

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 6:43 pm

Yes, it was recently posted in the 'Columbine Photos' section on this forum:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At a guess i would say the photograph came from this thread, as soon as it was posted on here by tfsa47090 it seemed to be cropping up everywhere online.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 100338
Forum Reputation : 91

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 7:37 pm

queenfarooq wrote:

At a guess i would say the photograph came from this thread, as soon as it was posted on here by tfsa47090 it seemed to be cropping up everywhere online.

Yes, indeed, queenfarooq, it was, and multiple people on tumblr have been informed as to where they came from, but for whatever reason, they pretend to not know/not acknowledge it. Typical.

ABC news deserves all the credit, and then it'd be Cyn Shepard of acolumbinesite for offering the news clips from whence the photos came. But, all the same, they do this over and over on tumblr; they get anonymous messages asking where the "new" photos are from, people (who must be on this forum) answer and tell them that someone from this forum posted them first, and they pretend to not know the next time they're asked, or they say "well, I don't know if that's true".

Oh, really? How about you come and look on the forum yourself, for the love of God. It's all here, dates and all.

Whew....sorry for that.

Thank you, queenfarooqVery Happy 
Back to top Go down
rebel2013

Contribution Points : 103010
Forum Reputation : 0

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:17 pm

Sorry I haven't been on the forums in awhile due to being in school.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 9:29 pm

rebel2013 wrote:
Sorry I haven't been on the forums in awhile due to being in school.

You don't need to be sorry about that at all.

I was just making a point about some things I've seen going on after queenfarooq made her post.

I was glad to share those screenshots, and I knew people were going to be shocked to see them, as I was incredibly shocked myself when I saw them on the news clip cds I purchased from acolumbinesite.com. (You should get them if you're interested. They are the last option on the "donations" page).

They posted them all over tumblr, which is what I expected to happen, and that is fine overall. It's simply ridiculous that when a great deal of them asked and/or were asked by others where they came from over and over, and they've been given the answer/source repeatedly, they pretend to not know or attempt to contest it. It is so petty and moronic.

I'm glad people have them and that lots of you like them. If there were more, I would post them here right away. That's what I did when I posted those. I was watching the particular segment that showed those photos, took screenshots, and posted them here immediately after.
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 101662
Forum Reputation : 10

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 9:39 am

tfsa47090 wrote:

They posted them all over tumblr, which is what I expected to happen, and that is fine overall. It's simply ridiculous that when a great deal of them asked and/or were asked by others where they came from over and over, and they've been given the answer/source repeatedly, they pretend to not know or attempt to contest it. It is so petty and moronic.

Very true, i did notice as soon as the pictures were posted on this forum many Tumblr posts starting cropping up proclaiming "oh look at this new picture of Dylan" with people insisting they have no idea where it was from, when it was clearly the same picture that had been posted on here.
As mentioned if anyone wanted to check the source of the picture they could easily do so via this forum. However i guess many people just want to have the "best" Columbine Tumblr page so don't really care where they get their information from, and are quite happy to claim that they are the original source of everything on their page.

Many bits and pieces get posted on Tumblr that are from this site, there have been a few times i had noticed a post or two of mine had seemingly been copied and pasted onto someones Tumblr page a short time after i had posted the message on this forum Very Happy  I'm not too concerned though if it was something i had backed up with evidence and it didn't include my personal opinion. It's much nicer seeing that on Tumblr as opposed to the repeated insistence Eric HARRIS ordered the ciniminis  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118045
Forum Reputation : 1004

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:33 am

tfsa47090 wrote:
queenfarooq wrote:

Yes, indeed, queenfarooq, it was, and multiple people on tumblr have been informed as to where they came from, but for whatever reason, they pretend to not know/not acknowledge it. Typical.

ABC news deserves all the credit, and then it'd be Cyn Shepard of acolumbinesite for offering the news clips from whence the photos came. But, all the same, they do this over and over on tumblr; they get anonymous messages asking where the "new" photos are from, people (who must be on this forum) answer and tell them that someone from this forum posted them first, and they pretend to not know the next time they're asked, or they say "well, I don't know if that's true".

Oh, really? How about you come and look on the forum yourself, for the love of God. It's all here, dates and all.

Whew....sorry for that.

Thank you, queenfarooqVery Happy 

I also posted this picture on my Facebook Columbine page. Don't worry, I did state that I got it from "a friend". No names though because I didn't think you'd appreciate that. Anyhow, I've noticed that a lot of fan pages on Facebook are now using this "new" photo of Dylan as wallpaper and as default pictures. Same goes for the picture of Eric but it seems as though the Dylan picture has gotten way more attention.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97193
Forum Reputation : 104

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2014 11:40 am

Speaking of pictures - the ones that were pictured in the local press of the dead - are they the ones widely available online? Or were there more and nobody has a copy of the paper anymore?
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2014 1:24 am

queenfarooq wrote:

Very true, i did notice as soon as the pictures were posted on this forum many Tumblr posts starting cropping up proclaiming "oh look at this new picture of Dylan" with people insisting they have no idea where it was from, when it was clearly the same picture that had been posted on here.
As mentioned if anyone wanted to check the source of the picture they could easily do so via this forum. However i guess many people just want to have the "best" Columbine Tumblr page so don't really care where they get their information from, and are quite happy to claim that they are the original source of everything on their page.

Many bits and pieces get posted on Tumblr that are from this site, there have been a few times i had noticed a post or two of mine had seemingly been copied and pasted onto someones Tumblr page a short time after i had posted the message on this forum Very Happy  I'm not too concerned though if it was something i had backed up with evidence and it didn't include my personal opinion. It's much nicer seeing that on Tumblr as opposed to the repeated insistence Eric HARRIS ordered the ciniminis  Very Happy

queenfarooq,

I do see a LOT of that over there; the "need" to try "to be the best" and never be wrong.

Oh, don't even get me started about the bits and pieces from here that end up over there.

I completely agree with you when it comes to them copying and pasting things that you and others have copy and pasted from sources, yourselves (11K and so on), but some of them DO basically copy personal quotes from users here, they just slightly re-word it to make it seem like it's their own thoughts. It's as plain as day, although these sorts seem to think the opposite. I've seen it more times than I can count, and I can name a number of posters they have done this to right off the top of my head.

Imitation is not always the best form of flattery. In cases such as this, in my opinion, it blatantly implies an utter lack of imagination and sheer laziness.

However, we did and still do have a few incredibly intelligent, insightful, open minded people who have put an immeasurable amount of time and thought into their posts and even essays, who are also tumblr users. We're very lucky to have them, and in other cases, to have had them. Additionally, there are others on tumblr who don't post here who are brilliant, insightful, and even incredibly humorous. As I've said elsewhere, however, they (meaning those who post both here and on tumblr, as well as some of those who only post on tumblr) are few and far between.

And, oh YES, as long as it isn't slightly re-worded rip offs of others' posts and essays here, it is a relief to see them move away from convincing themselves that it was Harris and not Jackson who ordered the damn ciniminis. Good grief.

****** And again, this applies to SOME of the people who use that network and post in that tag, NOT ALL OF THEM.

^That obnoxious color and text is not directed at anyone in this thread, it is just being used for emphasis with the hope that certain people who might read this will be able to make it register. That's all.

Jenn wrote:

I also posted this picture on my Facebook Columbine page. Don't worry, I did state that I got it from "a friend". No names though because I didn't think you'd appreciate that. Anyhow, I've noticed that a lot of fan pages on Facebook are now using this "new" photo of Dylan as wallpaper and as default pictures. Same goes for the picture of Eric but it seems as though the Dylan picture has gotten way more attention.

Oh, I know you posted it there, Jenn! You told me and I saw it. I know you didn't mention my name, and I do deeply appreciate that.

I'm glad you shared it. I was happy to make the screenshots and share them here myself.

It's just idiotic that some people have to get "possessive" over where something they didn't find came from. They should just be happy that someone found them, and that someone else had an archive which contained them that they are offering for sale. Good lord.

It's truly insane, actually. It's so impossibly stupid.

Also, to be as fair as I can, the day I posted them, and then right after you posted them on your page, someone DID post both of them and sourced your page. I was really happy to see that. HOWEVER, that person deleted their post, I think. After that, many of them started asking/were being asked about the source, people told them, and a large majority are still doing what I mentioned earlier in this thread and post; pretending not to know/contesting the source.

I got them, as I've said numerous times, from taking screenshots of news clips which are on cds that Cyn Shepard from acolumbinesite.com is offering for sale. If you click on the "donate" link, it is the last option.

You'd think people who whinge endlessly about not having anything "new" concerning the case would be happy to know these were in existence, and would go buy them from her, and pass the information on. She transferred/digitized her homemade VHS tapes that she had made during and right after the incident. They are "only" news footage clips and news programs, but it's better than nothing, you know? And to top it all off, they contained these never before seen photos in question.
Back to top Go down
gutenfxckintag

Contribution Points : 91904
Forum Reputation : 8

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:28 am

officially no longer a rare photo Razz for the past month or so, that image has constantly popped up.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2014 2:42 am

gutenfxckintag wrote:
officially no longer a rare photo :Pfor the past month or so, that image has constantly popped up.

Yes, it's been showing up for about a month.

The image of Dylan (along with the one of Eric) has been available since [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] when I created them by taking screenshots from the news reports that aired days after the shooting that showed them, which can be purchased here.

As we've been discussing in this thread, I am the source; hence, the forum is the source.

If I hadn't done it, I am sure down the road someone else who purchased these news reports would have seen them and made screenshots. The point we are all making here is that I am the one who made them and they originate from here, and the only reason I was able to make them is because Cyn Shepard decided to digitize her homemade vhs tapes from 1999, which is where I found them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Rare Picture? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rare Picture?   Rare Picture? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rare Picture?
Page 1 of 1