Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Triflers_Escrow3-25

Triflers_Escrow3-25

Contribution Points : 24627
Forum Reputation : 60

What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Empty
PostSubject: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 04, 2022 12:58 am

Eric said his mom should stay in the kitchen (Because she was a woman) and like other stuff. Was Dylan sexist in any way? What caused Eric to view girls like objects?
Back to top Go down
DireX

DireX

Contribution Points : 16149
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2022 8:05 pm

Well the thing with Eric is that he seemed to want to look tough and exaggerate to do so.
Yes, he was a teenager with anger issues, but a lot of what he said could be seen as an act to look ''cool''.
For exemple,if one was to take a look at his journal, they would probably conclude that he was a racist (mentions of the n-word and other things) yet in his blog (you can find a version of it online) he states that racists are stupid and irrational. He's a hypocrite, something that he acknowledges in his blog too,I believe.
People write in their journal for different reasons: Eric seemed to write in it when he was angry and Dylan, when he was sad. When you're angry, you don't always say things you mean.
That doesn't mean that Eric was any less suicidal than Dylan or that Dylan was any less angry than Eric, it's just that that's the version of them we see in their journals.

For Dylan, I don't believe he's been found of saying anything sexist,but some witnesses claim that he called the black kid he killed the n-word before shooting him.
Of course though, it wouldn't be suprising if they both were actual sexists considering their age and the time.

NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 43382
Forum Reputation : 720

PostSubject: Re: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 2:50 pm

Considering that people wouldn't hang out with them because they would strike nazi salutes during bowling, I think being edgy was just a part of their personality, and they didn't truly mean any of the racist, sexist, and homophobic things they said. It was their own little way of communicating with one another.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Triflers_Escrow3-25

Triflers_Escrow3-25

Contribution Points : 24627
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2022 5:36 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I sent you a private message.

DireX likes this post

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193796
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2022 1:03 pm

It was the time period too, I know it is a dumb excuse that no one likes, but it is true.

They wanted to be edgy and seem bad ass, maybe as a defense mechanism? Who knows?

In the BT Eric does talk about how a woman should go make him a sandwich and his mom belonged in the kitchen where women belonged... but he also seemed to really love his mom.

I think Eric loved and liked his family more than Dylan liked his. I don't think Dylan was sexist but he did put women on a high pedestal, and I feel like if she sneezed the wrong way he'd be like "well I thought she was my true love but her sneeze is so dumb, f her. I will be alone forever"

BlackAndWhiteKittenz

Contribution Points : 24731
Forum Reputation : 125

PostSubject: Re: What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?   What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2022 9:25 am

That one VHS tape of Eric trying to kidnap a girl/keep her tight as a prank. Probably thought it was an easy victim compared to a male.
Back to top Go down

What are some Instances of E&D's Sexism?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: