Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The cinematic Cullenista

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

The cinematic Cullenista Empty
PostSubject: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 3:17 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quote :
That notion becomes increasingly sinister after Owen receives some attention from a longtime crush. An increasingly alienated Matt retreats further and further into character, wearing a Catcher in the Rye T-shirt, checking out blueprints of the school, reading Dave Cullen’s Columbine and visiting a gun range. Might his tormentors and sexual jealousy be pushing him over the edge?

Good God, even fictional characters are reading his fucking book! Where does it all end?
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94354
Forum Reputation : 24

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 3:48 pm

I watched the trailer, It looks like the parody of some school shooting movie or something like that. And could be possible if one of the characters read Cullen's book  Very Happy 

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
perpetual state

Contribution Points : 91242
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2014 8:39 pm

I seen the movie and yes one of the characters was shown reading Cullen's book. The character start questioning if he's a psychopath or something.
Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101076
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:18 am

Yes, he was reading Cullen's book. Sad but true.

Honestly, I really enjoyed the movie. I rented it off of Amazon and didn't regret it.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 12:52 am

Wideawake wrote:

Honestly, I really enjoyed the movie. I rented it off of Amazon and didn't regret it.

If its not so bad, I will give it a try then

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147950
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 2:11 am

Wideawake wrote:

Cullen has been urging his Twitter followers to boycott Amazon, a company with whom his publisher is currently locked in a contentious dispute.

I say, buy and rent as much stuff from Amazon as you can. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 95841
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2014 4:10 am

Let's unendingly hope that the proposed movie of Cullen's book is never ,ever made.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeMon Jun 30, 2014 7:42 pm

I really enjoyed The Dirties, but I felt kinda iffy about the book being used. Then again, I guess the character was kind of rushed in his whole plan... I imagine it went from when he suggested it to actually CARRYING IT OUT in less than 10 weeks... probably around 6?? I don't think he was really all that much of a mastermind. Matt also did Dylan's whole 'three-fingered wave' thing in the car before he and Owen went shooting. That kinda jarred me. There are a lot of jarring moments in the film, I guess... one of the only films I've seen where they made shooting (at the range) into a FUN kinda act that you catch yourself laughing along with before you think "wait, what the fuck am I doing?"
I think it's worth watching, along with reading "Soundtrack of the School Shootings" by Tomi Kiilakoski, 'cause I feel as if it's relevant in a kind of... abstract way. While Matt doesn't spend his time worrying what the MEDIA thinks of him per se, he gets super focuseed on how to go about his shooting with great cinematic effect, going as far as having t-shirts printed with the phrase we're only here for the bad guys embellished across the chest. He also spent a great deal of time pondering the phrases he'd shout at each victim as they died. It's... shocking, almost. Reminds me of Barry Loukaitis and the Frontier Middle School shooting.

I enjoyed his character, though. Matt Johnson also starred in one of my favourite web series', Nirvana The Band The Show. Check that out, too. I think Matt once mentioned they were set in the same universe, I can't remember. The ending makes you go "wtf?"
Sorry for rambling on. Just I felt like this film kicked ass. Could've chosen ANY book other than Cullen's, though, couldn't they?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2014 1:25 am

I watched it today and I had to stopped the movie when Cullen's book appeared twice. I thought it was ironic because Matt want to take revenge againts his bullies and in the book, bullying or rejection are not true facts and Cullen doesnt take that in consideration. Maybe the reason why the phychopathy part was the only one mentioned. But in that case, they must use another book about Columbine and not that one. I also expected more from the shooting scene and I will always wonder what happened with Owen but It always happens in some movies and it didnt dissapointed me so much like the fact of the book there. Matt and Owen also remiended me Eric and Dylan many times.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cinematic Cullenista   The cinematic Cullenista Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The cinematic Cullenista
Page 1 of 1