Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!"

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 152136
Forum Reputation : 2754

"Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!" Empty
PostSubject: "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!"   "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 4:53 am

I found a transcript of an online chat (remember those?) with Jen LePlante and Nick Schumann, two Columbine students, from the day after the massacre:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Neither LePlante nor Schumann had anything terribly profound or earth-shattering to say, but it was still interesting to read their recounting of memories that were still very fresh.

Schumann was in the school store at the time of the massacre. He reported hearing someone say the following:
"Oh god yes, I'm so glad we're here."

This is the first I've heard of this - "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!"
Back to top Go down
queenfarooq

Contribution Points : 102762
Forum Reputation : 10

"Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!"   "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!" Icon_minitimeSun Jun 29, 2014 8:33 am

In the chat it sounds like Nick is saying he heard the statement himself.

Nick's 11k interview is on pg(4335 - 40) He was interviewed on May 6th 1999.
He arrived in the cafeteria at approximately 11:00a.m. Nick worked in the store in Rebel Corner and entered the stores office approximately 10 minuets later. After a student ran in informing them there was someone with a gun, Nick says he entered the cafeteria to look for his brother. Nick says he looked out of the window and saw a gunman, described as: wearing white T Shirt, white bandanna covering short blonde hair, dark pants and was of stocky build.
He and several others hid in the "Business" room. Nick says he lost track of time but heard what sounded like gunshots coming from the cafeteria. He said later he heard more gunshots and voices "whooping and hollering."
A note at the bottom on Nick's interview states that he had also been previously interviewed and that his previous interview had been videotaped. It's possible he could have mentioned hearing the statement in question in a different interview that is not included in the 11k.

Nick's girlfriend Tina who was located in a similar area was also interviewed pg(2454 - 2460). But does not report hearing the statement "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!."  
She only mentions hearing two distinct voices saying "yeah, yeah, yeah" but doesn't remember anything else that was said.

From what I've read it doesn't seem like any of the other students who were hiding in the same area heard this statement either.

Nick's brother was also in the cafeteria when the shooting first started but left via the stairs, he does not mention he heard the above statement.

I could be wrong but i don't think any of the cafeteria witnesses reported hearing the statement  "Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!" when they were interviewed. This isn't to say it didn't happen of course, there are plenty of tidbits students mention when interviewed by the media or in chat logs that they do not mention in their official statements.
Back to top Go down

"Oh, God, yes! I'm so glad we're here!"
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: