Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric's psychological profile

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Eric's psychological profile Empty
PostSubject: Eric's psychological profile   Eric's psychological profile Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2014 7:55 pm

How does one diagnose a person postmortem?
Eric Harris had sympathy for his parents and he openly stated in both his journal and on the basement tapes that he loved them and worried about how what he was about to do would affect them. He was bothered over the fact that law enforcement and others would blame his parents for what he was about to do and he didn't want that to happen. Harris wanted the blame on himself and not on his family. Eric Harris also wrote about his love for animals, especially dogs. That doesn't sound like a psychopath, but instead a disturbed and troubled person
I think that he wanted look "badass" , and he never showed his real feelings in his diary (his anxiety , .. )
He developed into a narcissistic largely due to his experience at columbine but probably due to earlier childhood trauma as well. He came to columbine already shaky but the bullying teasing and exclusion propelled him into a frightening reality of no love no morality and no hope for the future.
Self-hatred , rejection played a huge role in his life ..
And for Cullen's fans how you can explain that Dylan shot Lance to his face and said "Sure I'll help you"
If you feel as if the whole world is against you, it makes it easier to start attacking random individuals – and then kill yourself.
I think they wouldn't do that if they had any girl who showed love to them ..
How you can explain that almost every shooter is a virgin ?

Back to top Go down
Wideawake

Wideawake

Contribution Points : 101051
Forum Reputation : 0

Eric's psychological profile Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric's psychological profile   Eric's psychological profile Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2014 9:37 pm

columbine22 wrote:
How does one diagnose a person postmortem?
Eric Harris had sympathy for his parents and he openly stated in both his journal and on the basement tapes that he loved them and worried about how what he was about to do would affect them. He was bothered over the fact that law enforcement and others would blame his parents for what he was about to do and he didn't want that to happen. Harris wanted the blame on himself and not on his family. Eric Harris also wrote about his love for animals, especially dogs. That doesn't sound like a psychopath, but instead a disturbed and troubled person
I think that he wanted look "badass" , and he never showed his real feelings in his diary (his anxiety , .. )
He developed into a narcissistic largely due to his experience at columbine but probably due to earlier childhood trauma as well. He came to columbine already shaky but the bullying teasing and exclusion propelled him into a frightening reality of no love no morality and no hope for the future.
Self-hatred , rejection played a huge role in his life ..
And for Cullen's fans how you can explain that Dylan shot Lance to his face and said "Sure I'll help you"
If you feel as if the whole world is against you, it makes it easier to start attacking random individuals – and then kill yourself.
I think they wouldn't do that if they had any girl who showed love to them ..
How you can explain that almost every shooter is a virgin ?

You can't diagnose someone postmortem. Which is probably why we continue to speculate.  Question Especially since we have a very limited view of the boys. Some journal pages, police reports, photographs, a few videos. You can't boil down 17/18 years of life into those things and get the full picture.

As far as love/sex saving them, maybe it could have helped in the early stages of the plot. Particularly if it came with acceptance from their peers and a solid support system. But as NBK got closer, I don't think anything other than being caught by police could have stopped them. Why are most school shooters virgins? I imagine that it has something to do with the fact that they can't connect emotionally with their peers. The same thing that makes them a target for bullies, an outcast, a pariah among their communities also makes them undesirable/offlimits to the people who they would want to pursue sex with. I can't say what that thing is precisely. For Dylan, shyness was a big factor and Eric, narcissism.

On the other hand, surely there were some nice TCM girls who would have been interested in hooking up with them. Many of the girls who were associated with the TCM were attached, but surely they had friends that might have wanted to date the boys. Why didn't that ever happen?
Back to top Go down

Eric's psychological profile
Page 1 of 1