Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Random Thinking..

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 6:42 pm

Do you think that a majority of the school shootings since columbine were inspired by columbine? School shootings have seemed to increase excessively over the years. The Virginia Tech shooter had an obsession with columbine, correct? Along with the Sandy Hook school shooter. I often wonder if columbine never happened if school shootings would be as common as they now are.

This is my first post. I am Adam from New York. I stumbled across this forum while looking up articles about Virginia Tech. I know it is a columbine forum but I would imagine other school shootings are often discussed too? Nice to meet everyone.
Back to top Go down
Mj2beat

Contribution Points : 94329
Forum Reputation : 24

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:29 pm

Hi Adam, welcome to the board.

Actually, I share that thought with you because after Columbine, the school shootings increased a lot and you can read about recent mass shooters inspired on Columbine or about kids planning massacres very similar to Columbine. I think that Columbine marked a generation and influenced another, maybe another similar case would started the same or not but the impact of Columbine and the popularity of the case, definitely made that many guys could feel attracted to the case because they feel identify with Eric and Dylan and share many of their thoughts or experiences and not only them, many other people too. However, we dont know exactly, if another school shooting would cause the same like Columbine but I believe that Columbine really started something and if Columbine wouldnt happened at all, then another similar case would have to be like Columbine, have that same impac to caused the same and that case would happen sooner or later because there were other shootings before Columbine and that idea already existed.

The most terrifying fact about the universe is not that it is hostile but that it is indifferent; but if we can come to terms with this indifference and accept the challenges of life within the boundaries of death — however mutable man may be able to make them — our existence as a species can have genuine meaning and fulfillment. However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light
Back to top Go down

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitimeWed Jul 16, 2014 7:35 pm

I guess E&D are considered the 'profile' of a school shooter and people try living up to that (or dying up to that. I don't even know anymore.)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 6:40 am

The Sandy Hook shooter used to post on the old Columbine forum. There are a few threads about Adam Lanza in the "other shootings" section.

Back to top Go down

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 8:34 am

Mj2beat wrote:
Hi Adam, welcome to the board.
Thank you. It is great to be here.
Jenn wrote:
The Sandy Hook shooter used to post on the old Columbine forum. There are a few threads about Adam Lanza in the "other shootings" section.
Thank you. I will most certainly have a look in that section.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Random Thinking.. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Random Thinking..   Random Thinking.. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Random Thinking..
Page 1 of 1