Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?

Go down 
+3
Juicy Jazzy
Jenn
Venganza
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Venganza

Contribution Points : 91488
Forum Reputation : 3

Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Empty
PostSubject: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 8:28 pm

I know a lot of them were in different grades, but I suppose it's plausible they had classes with some of their older victims.

Can anyone confirm or deny this?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 12, 2014 9:45 pm

There was some speculation that Dylan and Eric were in a class with Rachel Scott because on the Basement Tapes they mentioned a girl named Rachel that they wanted to kill. It was later confirmed that it was a different girl named Rachel. And also, Rachel Scott participated in some kind of school play or talent show and Dylan was working on the technical crew for it and he helped her out with a skipping cassette tape or something like that. I think that was the year prior though.

Other than that, I really don't know of any of their other victims being in any classes with them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97794
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 am

Jenn wrote:
There was some speculation that Dylan and Eric were in a class with Rachel Scott because on the Basement Tapes they mentioned a girl named Rachel that they wanted to kill. It was later confirmed that it was a different girl named Rachel. And also, Rachel Scott participated in some kind of school play or talent show and Dylan was working on the technical crew for it and he helped her out with a skipping cassette tape or something like that. I think that was the year prior though.

Other than that, I really don't know of any of their other victims being in any classes with them.
To add to what you said, her dad also wrote in one of his books that apparently Rachel had a go at Eric and Dylan for making violent videos. So I'm assuming if true they at least shared a multimedia/video class.

anna444 and Lexi Was An Outcast like this post

Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 101438
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 11:26 am

Here's a related question.

Besides John Savage and Brooks Brown, did Eric and Dylan see anyone they knew by name?

Who?
Back to top Go down
Venganza

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:24 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
her dad also wrote in one of his books that apparently Rachel had a go at Eric and Dylan for making violent videos. So I'm assuming if true they at least shared a multimedia/video class.

Do you remember which book it was?

Also, I wonder if conflicts with Rachel in the past might have been why Eric shot her first, or if it was just a matter of her being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Back to top Go down
Venganza

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 12:26 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Here's a related question.

Besides John Savage and Brooks Brown, did Eric and Dylan see anyone they knew by name?

Who?

I remember an interview with Evan Todd where he recalled exchanging words with the gunmen, when he said "You know I've always treated you respectfully" or something like that, so if accurate, that would imply they knew Evan to some extent.
Back to top Go down
em81

Contribution Points : 100499

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 2:32 pm

I know that Tim Castle, who knew Dylan and was a friend of brooks (if i remember right), saw him with his gun.

I know that Rachel and Dylan knew each other since kindergarten. Also I donĀ“t know anything about that they had classes with the dead ones. But injured Makai Hall had a class with Dylan. Also Valeen Schnurr had a class with him too. And they talked during class. Jeanna Park also knew him.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2014 6:26 pm

Venganza wrote:
Do you remember which book it was?

Rachel's Tears, last paragraph of the chapter entitled 'Creative Compassion':

Quote :
Rachel did reach out, even to the killers. She shared a photo-video class with them. When the boys turned in their violent video they depicted their fantasies of death and destruction. Rachel turned in a photo assignment of the hand picture that is illustrated in this book. Months before April 20, there was a spiritual battle waging between good and evil in the halls of Columbine. The teachers did not challenge the boys' project, the administration did not check it out, and their parents were not aware of what they had produced. But Rachel knew. Rachel stepped out on a limb and challenged Eric and Dylan about why they were so obsessed with killing and death. She tried to find out why they would produce something of that nature. She wanted to help them and possibly paid with her life for daring to do what no one else was willing to do.

Darrell Scott also brought up her challenging Eric and Dylan in 'The Untold Stories of Columbine'.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2014 11:58 pm

Tim Castle (Kastle) claimed he saw Dylan poke his head up through the ceiling tiles above a bathroom in the school kitchen area while he was trying to escape by crawling through the ceiling space. The time frame may work, as Dylan & Eric briefly visited the kitchen just before noon, but his description of the event seems highly unlikely to me. You can read about it in his witness statements starting on p. 3415 of the witness reports. I think it is more likely he saw a law enforcement officer, if he saw anyone at all.

I have great respect for Rachel Scott, and the story about Dylan helping her out during some kind of performance is repeated by several people who would know. But I'm skeptical of stories that she "challenged" E&D in video class. Wouldn't other students or teachers have noticed?

As others have pointed out, they did have classes with some of their victims and the survivors too, but I get the sense that outside their own circle of a dozen or so friends, they didn't give a rip about anyone else.

I am haunted by the exceedingly vicious attack on, I think it was called Table 1 in the library - the table with the girls including Lauren Townsend and Valeen Schnurr. Maybe it was because more screams were coming from that table - there were witnesses who noted this. But maybe Dylan, who inflicted the most damage here, was taking out his frustrations on this particular group of high-profile young women. If that's the case, then he was at least aware of them. Remember, many of the students reported that they sat in more or less the same spots every day in the library. This particular table of girls may have been familiar to them.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 5:21 am

blue02 wrote:
As others have pointed out, they did have classes with some of their victims and the survivors too, but I get the sense that outside their own circle of a dozen or so friends, they didn't give a rip about anyone else.

I'm at a point with the Scott family where I'm not sure I believe much of what they say anymore, simply because they peddle two or three things still which I believe are false. Firstly, evidence suggests that she was not asked about her religious beliefs before she was shot. Dylan most likely did not have a crush on her, he rushed to fix the music during Rachel's performance as it was his job as sound technician! Lastly, they peddle the lies that Eric and Dylan targeted her, even though the Rachel that Eric and Dylan refer to in the leaked basement tape sound clip is most likely a different Rachel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2014 6:41 am

Agreed on all counts above.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:41 pm

How do we know E&D weren't talking about Rachel Scott in The Basement Tapes?
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 82271
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 pm

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
Jenn wrote:

To add to what you said, her dad also wrote in one of his books that apparently Rachel had a go at Eric and Dylan for making violent videos. So I'm assuming if true they at least shared a multimedia/video class.
According to one witness statement, Eric and Dylan not only shared a video production class with Rachel, they had also picked her to sit at a table with them during that class (6132). There is no followup to this information and this witness also said that she didn't personally know Eric or Dylan before the incident so maybe this was inaccurate secondhand information but it does back up the Scotts' claim that Rachel had a video production class with them.

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 118020
Forum Reputation : 1004

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 5:01 pm

MoRiBunD wrote:
Because of the quote that was something along the lines of "Dustin, everything you say is pointless" and the quote "Nick shut up, you laugh too much and those 2 girls sitting next you want you to shut the fuck up too. Rachel and Jen or whatever".

The only class that had Dylan, Eric, a Dustin, a Nick, a Rachel and a Jen was their 5th period Psychology class.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

anna444 likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 5:41 am

Jenn wrote:
MoRiBunD wrote:
Because of the quote that was something along the lines of "Dustin, everything you say is pointless" and the quote "Nick shut up, you laugh too much and those 2 girls sitting next you want you to shut the fuck up too. Rachel and Jen or whatever".

The only class that had Dylan, Eric, a Dustin, a Nick, a Rachel and a Jen was their 5th period Psychology class.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Interesting. Looking at that list it would appear that the Nick would be Nick Foss. I had always heard it was Nick Baumgart (sp?)

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?   Did E & D have classes with any of their victims? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did E & D have classes with any of their victims?
Page 1 of 1