Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Basement Tapes Destroyed

Go down 
+83
Primate Murder
Stallo
vio1ette
Norwegian
EthanEmerson
Carnifex879
khscarymovie4part4
REBELVODKA
Jaymie
Onyx
noodlesoldier
kblu
mbiholding
jada887
SandraSmit19
properground
thelmar
rocdk
Okay-Okay
slippy123
QuestionMark
Jea
silentprocess
Cemetery Jones
Guest83142
Screamingophelia
1Mare1
InsaneIntruder
starrwilliams
jodie-b
iforgotmyoldname2
MrAdventure
FrenchObserver
Scarletmoon
Lizpuff
spidEr
ZCD99
wawbeast44
edgelord
knightzero
FIBAgent
GreenGrayDay
Jbow89
H311ish.B3ast
afrrs
EGSandrew
myshame
KatieJean1988
meowitscow
rebelgoddess
bubbles
shades
aquillina
Koltin
Archvile
ChoSeungHui
eli27
Rebdoomer
lio45
radaddio
ThoughtBox
Extanil
KitKat2013
Sabratha
em81
LPorter101
Mr_Chagrin
MysteryMan
lol
carrie12
rebgirl
Cezar
szuzanna
Jenn
philosopher_king
Draw_It_White
Wideawake
gasolinechild
deathmedic
sororityalpha
Juicy Jazzy
Gonz
87 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:57 pm

Gonz wrote:
I recently watched a 20/20 documentary on Elliot Rodger that showed the videos he made, and they were so embarrassing and cringey… I was like, this guy is so pathetic… And I think we have this mythicized image of the basement tapes since almost everybody has been doing the most to keep them from the public, but actually, what Eric and Dylan supposedly say in the tapes is similar to what Rodger said in his videos, so I'm pretty sure that releasing them would actually help to demystify the shooters and show how lame they were, since copycat attacks are going to keep happening anyway.

I mean, just thinking of Rodger's videos being kept "secret" and having people speculate about them like has happened to the basement tapes (in a low key way of course, since it wasn't so relevant), when they are so pathetic… lol

i'll have to agree with you there
Back to top Go down
wawbeast44

Contribution Points : 63370
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 8:29 pm

If the Tapes were actually destroyed, all the news stations or news sites would've covered it. In the case of the basement tapes, only westword covered it. Lets compare it to the Christine Chubbuck Suicide tape, when this was "allegedly" leaked online. People made a big deal over it. Muiltiple news sites covered it, but only a local Colorado news site covered the Basement tape destruction.
Back to top Go down
iforgotmyoldname2

iforgotmyoldname2

Contribution Points : 62142
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 9:56 pm

wawbeast44 wrote:
If the Tapes were actually destroyed, all the news stations or news sites would've covered it. In the case of the basement tapes, only westword covered it. Lets compare it to the Christine Chubbuck Suicide tape, when this was "allegedly" leaked online. People made a big deal over it. Muiltiple news sites covered it, but only a local Colorado news site covered the Basement tape destruction.
I know that a lot of people on this forum are huge on keeping up with news regarding the shootings, but I'm not sure it'd be national news if the tapes were destroyed.

Even if they weren't, there's really no benefit at all for the FBI to release them. Would they be interesting to see? Sure. Does it do any good to release them though? Hardly.
Back to top Go down
wawbeast44

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 19, 2017 10:21 pm

If anything, the one thing it would show is how they acted alone together. All the other tapes are of their friends filming them or them with their friends. These tapes show how they acted together, also we should be allowed to see these tapes, as the FBI as the efoia or Freedom of information act. You can message them here about a request for the tapes. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jodie-b

Contribution Points : 64800

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 11:27 am

As much as I would love to see the tapes, I'm totally fine at accepting the fact I will never see them.

I'm not sure why, or what it is, but part of me is almost glad that they haven't been released?

Which is strange seeing how much I want to see them...
Back to top Go down
starrwilliams

starrwilliams

Contribution Points : 65499

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 4:25 pm

Releasing them might wake up these fangirls who think Eric and Dylan are Gods. From what I've read and seen, they were vicious. Poor Sue Klebold nearly threw up when she was watching them. She just couldn't believe the vile coming from her son's mouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 9:54 am

(deleted)

Last edited by Andromeda on Fri Jan 12, 2018 6:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 122083
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 1:43 pm

If it were possible I would have watched the COMPLETE ~2-3 hours of Basement Tapes!!
Back to top Go down
wawbeast44

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

In many articles it says there are 5 Basement tapes, however there are only 3 missing. Would Rampart range and Hitmen for hire be considered the found 2. Also on evidence item 298, Radioactive clothing was on it, would that be considered a basement tape?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 11:42 pm

hmmm I don't think so because Hitmen for hire and Radioactive clothing were just school projects... those tapes must be something else entirely
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 5:44 am

I don't see the point in releasing them. The only reason people want to see them is probably just because they want new pictures of Eric and Dylan to post on tumblr and masturbate to.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61369
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 9:35 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
I don't see the point in releasing them. The only reason people want to see them is probably just because they want new pictures of Eric and Dylan to post on tumblr and masturbate to.

Agreed. Basement tapes are just Eric and Dylan boasting around, and releasing Eric's bomb tutorials included in them would not be a very good idea at all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 9:47 am

I think the main reason people want to see the tapes is mainly to try to get a sense of their dynamic together. I personally want to see them simply because I am a very skeptical person, and would rather see and hear for myself rather then rely on the released transcripts. Very Happy  

But I also have no doubt that there are fangirls/fanguys that just want new content to fantasize over. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 10:53 am

There has been such a air of mystery around them for so long that I want to see what the fuss is about.

Contribution Points : 70123
Forum Reputation : 163

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:31 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:41 pm

MrHorror93700 wrote:
Please, who I must contact to get the full tape of the cafeteria in HIGH QUALITY

"JCSO-Record" told me that he does not own it, they lie ?....

It's really annoying  confused , it's not a problem if I have to pay 1000$, I want it !

Sorry for my bad english

Have you searched Youtube? Also ask CVA, he may have it.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 1:49 pm

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 2:02 pm

MrHorror93700 wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Have you searched Youtube?  Also ask CVA, he may have it.

Thanks you for your reply,
but the video in high quality has never been public

Then maybe CVA could point you in the right direction on how to track it down. He has come up with some pretty rare Columbine related things. Would be worth a shot. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 3:54 pm

Jefferson County Archives
3500 Illinois St., Suite 2350
Golden, CO 80401
(303) 271-8448
E-mail: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Website: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

APPLICATION FOR COLUMBINE DOCUMENTS
RECORDS UNIT 303-271-5542 FAX 303-271-5552
200 Jefferson County Parkway, Golden, CO 80401
Attn: Records Email: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 3:59 pm

Last edited by Guest83142 on Wed Jul 05, 2023 1:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:00 pm

You could always order the Cafeteria Surveillance from Jeffco and see for yourself.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:01 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

Agreed. Basement tapes are just Eric and Dylan boasting around, and releasing Eric's bomb tutorials included in them would not be a very good idea at all.

It wouldn't be a terrible idea if people copied Eric's bomb tips cause they were pretty shit.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:02 pm

If given the chance, I would watch the Basement Tapes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:06 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

It wouldn't be a terrible idea if people copied Eric's bomb tips cause they were pretty shit.

Yeah, he was overly confident in his bomb making knowledge and expertise.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:09 pm

Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:11 pm

Can you upload it please?

I would like to download your copy [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] please.
Back to top Go down
1Mare1

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61369
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:15 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

That's the point, people would hurt themselves from an accidental explosion. He got most of his bomb ideas from the Anarchist Cookbook, which is proven to be bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Guest83142

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97793
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 06, 2017 4:31 pm

1Mare1 wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:
1Mare1 wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:

That's the point, people would hurt themselves from an accidental explosion. He got most of his bomb ideas from the Anarchist Cookbook, which is proven to be bullshit.

That'd be good then - better the people making the bombs hurt themselves than other people.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery Jones

Contribution Points : 60680

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 6:08 am

Gonz wrote:
I recently watched a 20/20 documentary on Elliot Rodger that showed the videos he made, and they were so embarrassing and cringey… I was like, this guy is so pathetic… And I think we have this mythicized image of the basement tapes since almost everybody has been doing the most to keep them from the public, but actually, what Eric and Dylan supposedly say in the tapes is similar to what Rodger said in his videos, so I'm pretty sure that releasing them would actually help to demystify the shooters and show how lame they were, since copycat attacks are going to keep happening anyway.

I mean, just thinking of Rodger's videos being kept "secret" and having people speculate about them like has happened to the basement tapes (in a low key way of course, since it wasn't so relevant), when they are so pathetic… lol

I agree! I think the exact same with Randy Stair/Andrew Blaze, Cho and Riccardo (Bjork Stalker). All of their tapes made people think less of them, like Elliot. I really think releasing the Basement Tapes would do the same thing at this point. It would show Eric and Dylan playing big for the camera and ultimately looking silly and hopefully dissuade copycats. I think keeping them makes people's imaginations fill in the blanks and those blanks are dangerous.

A few people on this thread mentioned making an foia request to the FBI. Has anyone actually done it? If they have a copy they will release it under a foia request, but we can also ask for transcripts of the tapes or redacted versions if they have a problem with releasing some of the info (Names, bomb making instructions etc). I will write out the request if someone else will send it in to them and any other org that may have a copy. (Personally I think the FBI would not destroy any copy they have as they have a person who studies mass shooters etc and they would find it useful for profiles).
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 11:32 am

I'm surprised the other videos released didn't dissuade the "godlike" status they had. It makes me see E&D as really normal kids who went astray. Rampart range could even be taken lightly as a bunch of guys playing with guns and saying violent things like they're just playing around. It's only dark now because of what they did.

Just like the picture of Eric in the year book "Eric Harris sits in the cafeteria observing the activity" meh.. but we know they were planning to set bombs off in the cafeteria when the maximum amount of students where having lunch, plus he has NBK on his backpack, it's faint but there. Now it gets REALLY eerie.

The transcripts even sound pretty tame to me. By refusing to release any of these and giving this aura of mystery it does, I agree, cause us to fill in the blanks and wonder what is so bad?

I really want to see the whole "Dude, you're Jewish" thing because both SK and Judy said Dylan looked scared...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 11:53 am

I agree. If you knew nothing about Columbine then the videos themselves would seem to most as just normal male teen shenanigans. E&D act very similar to a lot kids that I went to school with, although these people didn't plan and then carry out a mass murder.

By keeping the basement tapes from being made public, Jeffco unintentionally assured that they would always be sought after. People are skeptical and want to see things for themselves, especially since Jeffco proved to be untrustworthy during the investigation.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 3:45 pm

The Basement Tapes, if released, certainly would not have made people think less of Eric/Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 15, 2017 5:02 pm

It would be more like "Look at them being all tough drinking their Jack Daniels. Too bad they decided to do a massacre instead of making a fuck ton of money creating videos on youtube a few years later, making movies, making apps.. anything instead of what they did... wow Dylan has pretty eyes... hmmm" maybe not everyone would think the last part but I threw it in their for good measure, because you know there would be people who thought that. Me, no, not at all. No.

Honestly, we know what they did. 99.9% of us are disgusted by it. The Basement tapes aren't a streaming video of the library murders.

Now if something like that was videotaped and released, THAT would be a game changer.
Back to top Go down
Cemetery Jones

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 1:08 am

I don't think the Basement Tapes would cause copycats either... if they were released back then. And maybe even now. There have been so many copycats in the last 18 years that I doubt it would have made a lick of difference. I just think Jeffco dosen't want them released because in it I suspect the boys talk about how many times were missed to stop them and how hopeless Jeffco are and it probably hurts their feelings...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 1:20 am

Would anyone agree that no one can really copycat Columbine? You can't recreate the time, the victims and the lore about them.. were they killed because they were Christians, black, because they were just there? Who was asked what? At risk of sounding like a fangirl... you can't recreate Eric and Dylan either. No one will be them, no one will have the friends that they had. They had something about them that was interesting, we are all trying to pick their brains after nearly 20 years. I don't think there will be a school shooting that captures the world like Columbine.

There will always be violence and I agree they probably aren't released because JeffCo feels embarrassed that 2 high schoolers bested them.

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 3:20 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Would anyone agree that no one can really copycat Columbine? You can't recreate the time, the victims and the lore about them.. were they killed because they were Christians, black, because they were just there? Who was asked what? At risk of sounding like a fangirl... you can't recreate Eric and Dylan either. No one will be them, no one will have the friends that they had. They had something about them that was interesting, we are all trying to pick their brains after nearly 20 years.  I don't think there will be a school shooting that captures the world like Columbine.

There will always be violence and I agree they probably aren't released because JeffCo feels embarrassed that 2 high schoolers bested them.

I completely agree. 'copycats' is the lamest excuse.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 8:45 am

I have said this before, but there are copy cats right now.  Maybe not to the exact details of course but how many shooters or attempted shooters looked up to Eric and Dylan?  How many had read their journals and decided to shoot people?  We had Randy Stair right here under our noses.  He idolized Eric.  He had never seen the tapes but he still did what he did.

The release of the tape wouldn't cause any more copycats than already exist or will exist.  In fact I think for a lot of genuine researchers it would show Eric and Dylan in a much different light.  We could see them being stupid kids using cuss words and pointing guns at each other while they drink Coke and eat Slim Jims....

Maybe they are afraid of humanizing them. Having people realize these were just 2 boys not total monsters....

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:15 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Maybe they are afraid of humanizing them.  Having people realize these were just 2 boys not total monsters....

Agreed. Much easier to let people believe monsters just do monstrous things.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 12:18 pm

Liz, that could be it, people at large still think of them as complete monsters. Researchers I think have a more nuanced understanding of them. Sue's book has helped with Dylan though.

No one wants to think their loved one could be capable of such things. We all want to believe we could know who the "bad guys" are.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85628
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 6:16 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Would anyone agree that no one can really copycat Columbine? You can't recreate the time, the victims and the lore about them.. were they killed because they were Christians, black, because they were just there? Who was asked what?
Alvaro Castillo tried...
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 18, 2017 6:31 pm

A lot of the shooters were Eric Harris wanna be's....

Columbine itself though will be in its own zeitgeist so people can try to be copycats but it won't have the same affect. Just my humble opinion ;)

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 61884

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 10:20 am

Be cool to have a different timeline in an alternate universe where the only difference was that the basement tapes were released. I'd love to know what it would/wouldn't change.

Would kids relate more to them? Would it have made columbine mainstream? Would it have demystified them? Would people idolize them enough to mimic their actions?

Out of all Jeffco did, I think not releasing those tapes caused way more damage. It made them mysterious and way more misunderstood. Something people are actually drawn to, especially when they are also misunderstood.

Eric and Dylan were going to be famous because of how columbine was portrayed by the media, but Eric and Dylan have been made legendary by Jeffco.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:20 pm

Agreed. There's still the mystique around them and the things they have released and have been leaked have only added to people thinking they were pretty 'normal' guys.

A couple questions.

-Was Rampart Range part of the "basement tapes"?

-Were all of the short films they made (except for Nate and Dylan which as we know Nate sold) released by JeffCo or leaked by others? There's one short one with Dylan just quoting a monologue from Pulp Fiction and one of him in theatre class when someone dusts his trench coat and he is NOT happy about this.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:37 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Agreed. There's still the mystique around them and the things they have released and have been leaked have only added to people thinking they were pretty 'normal' guys.

A couple questions.

-Was Rampart Range part of the "basement tapes"?

-Were all of the short films they made (except for Nate and Dylan which as we know Nate sold) released by JeffCo or leaked by others? There's one short one with Dylan just quoting a monologue from Pulp Fiction and one of him in theatre class when someone dusts his trench coat and he is NOT happy about this.

Tech not part of the BT afaik.

I know some of the very short clips were things that were aired on TV documentaries and news shows. I think for the most part things were released by Jeffco or friends and family

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:43 pm

Thanks!

I think the Browns and Klebolds saw Rampart Range pretty early on. I could be confusing stories from AMR though.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:47 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Thanks!

I think the Browns and Klebolds saw Rampart Range pretty early on. I could be confusing stories from AMR though.

IIRC the Rampart Range tape was found at the Harris home and was labelled as such but you know it has been well over a year since I went over the evidence so I get things wrong all the time

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 3:26 pm

When did they release Radioactive Clothing, Hitmen for Hire, Car Wax and Rampart Range.

Not sure the validity of this there is a site with a VERY brief transcript of the Basement Tapes

2nd Tape
Evidence item [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

This tape contains footage possibly filmed for school by Dylan and Eric. Both boys are seen in the footage, along with two other people identified as Tex and Browsky
.(Bowsky)

That's Radioactive Clothing.

So did they include this as the "Basement Tapes" or were those JUST Eric and Dylan at Erics house and also the one at Dylan's

The houses must have been huge or the boys were quiet because when I had sleepover my parents heard EVERYTHING. We were loud though, I'm still pretty loud... Smile

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 3:30 am

Am I to believe the FBI was involved in this investigation? If so would they not have a copy in some File 13?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 28, 2018 8:43 am

CaptainObvious wrote:
Am I to believe the FBI was involved in this investigation? If so would they not have a copy in some File 13?

They were involved and I am sure they have/had a copy

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Basement Tapes Destroyed   Basement Tapes Destroyed - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Basement Tapes Destroyed
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next