Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Clues left by Eric and Dylan?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 82489
Forum Reputation : 80

Clues left by Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Clues left by Eric and Dylan?   Clues left by Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 12:31 am

This subject is one of the most interesting IMO. Whether playing mind games or secretly hoping to get caught they sure did leave some big clues behind in hindsight. I've heard they had left more behind then JeffCo was willing to admit. Off the top of my head I can think of:

*Dylan's school paper about the man in black shooting
*CHS, bomb(drawing), clue" written on Eric's bedroom wall
*Joking about it openly in school
*Pretending to aim guns in senior class picture
*The "Nixon" tape left by Eric
*Uploading plans to school computers
*BUYING GUNS? (Youre telling me 2 white teenagers from a wealthy town in middle America can get guns, and not even their friends thought that was suspicious?)

I'd like to know of any more as well as what you're opinions are on this subject. Where they just sloppy or was it all left on purpose? Was it a big F-U left behind to show how "smart" they were for getting away with it and how dumb the world was for missing the signs? Or could it have been a way for them to get caught without having to admit to one another they didnt want to go through with it? I can't ever settle on a definitive answer myself. I don't believe they were careless personally. I know the consensus seems to be it was an F-U to everyone, but I'm not so sure.
Eric leaving the "Nixon" tape out in the open and also adding the plans to the school computers seems like a huge risk to take. Especially for a reward he wouldn't see. Someone finding either of those would have put an end to NBK, at least it would have for Eric. On the other hand Dylan doesn't seem like he wanted to get caught, although I'm sure he dug the thought of leaving clues for people to miss and realize it later. Is it possible Eric did those things without Dylan's knowledge? I'm pretty firmly convinced Dylan was the more homicidal of the two. I don't think he would have been cool with putting his neck out there like that. He was gonna have his fun and die, then meet his love in the Halcyon. Why would he want anyone to stop him?

What do you guys think was the real purpose behind all their clues?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97193
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Clues left by Eric and Dylan?   Clues left by Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 2:56 am

I think if ever it was going to have been stopped it would have been when Wayne received the phone call from the gun shop.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Clues left by Eric and Dylan?   Clues left by Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeMon Apr 27, 2015 6:13 am

I think Dylan and Eric's "clues" are fundamentally different. Dylan ws just imho venting out his fantasies in creative writing, because that's how he was.

Eric imho was leaving many if not all of the clues deliberately. Wether it was a "cry for help" or a smug "up yours idiots!" statement depends on your diagnosis of Harris's personality. I opt strongly for the latter.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clues left by Eric and Dylan?   Clues left by Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Clues left by Eric and Dylan?
Page 1 of 1