Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 "We Would Have Been Friends"

Go down 
+11
Littlelo
munchkinphone
VoDKaComeHere
spidEr
Screamingophelia
42099_4EVA
Wideawake
Laeda
areyoulistening
tragedy79
BurnIt
15 posters
AuthorMessage
BurnIt




Posts : 170
Contribution Points : 86067
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-18

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 11:58 am

I hear that a lot of girls saying they relate to E&D and would have been their friends, they would have had a lot in common.
Do you guys, a group of people who actually grasp the situation in it's entirety, think you can,still relate to Eric and/or Dylan? Would you have been friends with them, do you think?

I cant say that I would be friends with them; most likely not.. I wouldn't pick on them or anything. I think Eric was funny and smart. I like funny, smart people. But he would have hated me probably. He had such a mean streak and I'm thin skinned.
Dylan was so tall. I get intimidated by tall guys. Especially in that trench coat/duster, he looks scary to me
But he's been described as soft spoken. And the story of him passing cookies around to kids sitting next to him in class...I love cookies. The cookies would have made me want to be his friend and I think I could have been his friend until I heard him yell and then I'd run away very fast and that would have been the extent of our friendship. Cookies with no yelling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
tragedy79




Posts : 242
Contribution Points : 86395
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-15
Age : 43
Location : The Netherlands

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:17 pm

I was a depressed teen myself, completely caught up in my own little depressing thoughts...so the last two years of highschool I had very little friends in school, quite a lot outside though. They were older and/or attending another school. And there was lots of drinking and partying to forget about the pain. I actually can't remember much..I was sleeping in class or smoking outside(sounds familliar, huh?!)
So...would I be their friend? I highly doubt it, maybe some small talk over a cigarette. I was really into gangsta rap, so I guess Eric would have hated me: and I would have probably hated him, because I don't like people constantly ranting and complaining.
When I read how most people saw Dylan, I guess I would have found him adorable in a very platonic way. I had such a shy and akward friend: we had so much fun together!

_________________
Ignorance is bliss!-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 12:20 pm

Haha BurnIt this made me laugh!! Smile
If I knew Eric and Dylan in high school I probably would have wanted to be friends with the both of them. Eric was funny smart, attractive and some girls even described him as very sweet. Plus to me they both seemed really cool, unique and interesting. If we weren't friends than I would always be nice to them and would tell others to be nice to them as well.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 86197
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:04 pm

As much as I'd love to say no I wouldn't, I think that I would be.

It's easy to say now looking back, absoloutely not, I'd have nothing to do with them but given the sitcuation and not knowing what I know now. Yes I would be.

I'm a lot more similar to Eric than to Dylan just with general humor and temperment, so that would either help us get along better or we'd be constantly at each others throats. I do think that over time I would develop a crush on him that would be one sided.

He probably wouldn't stand me though, I'm a slow walker, a Star Wars and country music fan, heaven forbid us be friends.

Dylan I don't think I'd be great pals with but I have heard that he was incredably sweet (when he wasn't killing people and having a great time doing so) I think that I'd talk to him when he was around, I don't like excluding people so I'd never ignore him. Couldn't see us being best friends or anything though.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:15 pm

I think it's more difficult to know with Eric. He seemed to have a lot of falling outs with friends. Plus I get the feeling that he could like you one moment and then you could say or do something that he would take the wrong way and would hold a grudge.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 1:17 pm

In case of Eric, I dont think its likely, we would had build a good friendship. Sooner or later we would probably have some arguments about something and he would start hating me.
In case of Dylan, however, its definitive thinkable, we could been friends. I like weird people, and besides that boring Rammstein+KMFDM stuff, we have a lot similar taste in music (Autechre, Atari Teenage Riot, The Prodigy, The Future Sound of London...I often wonder, I he knew/liked Aphex Twin).
Furthermore, our personalities are similar to some extent. I also prefer to live in some kind of fantasy-world with a lot things, which has only a special meaning for me.
Back to top Go down
areyoulistening




Posts : 299
Contribution Points : 86197
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-17
Location : Ireland

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 2:20 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
I think it's more difficult to know with Eric. He seemed to have a lot of falling outs with friends. Plus I get the feeling that he could like you one moment and then you could say or do something that he would take the wrong way and would hold a grudge.

Yeah I get that to, I don't think it would be a strong bond type of thing but I think we'd at least trade sarcastic comments. How serious he'd take it, I'm not sure.

_________________
If Frodo can get the ring to Mordor, you can get out of bed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Laeda




Posts : 132
Contribution Points : 85906
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-21
Location : Europe

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 3:01 pm

Probably, probably not.
I could get along with people like them if you don't count the homicidal thoughts.
Around their age I was a depressed teenager too, had/enjoyed that 'gallows humor' you were talking about in the other thread, a lot into videogames, similarities in music tastes and more with Dylan's personality.
Though I'm a loner myself, won't talk to strangers if I'm not asked to and I'm generally not interested in new people, so all the 'getting to know them and eventually develope a friendship' would've had very small chances to happen

_________________
Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Wideawake

Wideawake


Posts : 320
Contribution Points : 86176
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-20
Location : US

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:29 pm

I am pretty sure I would be friends with them. Not besties or anything like that, but more than casual acquaintances. In high school, I hung out with a group of guys who were pretty similar to E/D...except for that whole shooting up the school thing, of course. In fact, we were listed (in an informal jock sponsored poll) as the group most likely to pull a Columbine when it happened.

We pulled little stunts similar to the Rebel Missions and drank a lot of vodka. As the only girl consistently with the group, I ended up driving the getaway car most of the days. Ah, good ole days.

In all seriousness, though - we were angry at the world for reasons unknown, and we hated our school and it's culture. So I think I would have bonded with E/D over that, but that's as far as it would go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BurnIt




Posts : 170
Contribution Points : 86067
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-18

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 4:42 pm

I want to say I'd have been Eric's friend. Maybe he dropped the mean streak around people who he thought were going to be nice back?
But he was intimidating. Not as physically intimidating as Dylan, but the I HATE ALL YOU PEOPLE vibes were intimidating.
Maybe if he had cookies too.

_________________
"If it moves kill it, if it doesn't burn it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 5:24 pm

Well in an interview a TCM member Alex Marsh said that E/D were the sweetest guys in the world if they liked you but if they hated you- you better watch your back. I think you are right and Eric only had a mean streak with people that he didn't like. I also heard somewhere that they both would bring flowers and give them to certain girls. I'm not sure how true that is though.
Back to top Go down
BurnIt




Posts : 170
Contribution Points : 86067
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2013-03-18

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 8:03 pm

Quote :
Well in an interview a TCM member Alex Marsh said that E/D were the sweetest guys in the world if they liked you but if they hated you- you better watch your back. I think you are right and Eric only had a mean streak with people that he didn't like. I also heard somewhere that they both would bring flowers and give them to certain girls. I'm not sure how true that is though.

Well reading that hit me a bit harder than I thought it would.
Maybe because I'm sort of like that myself.
Every once in a while I sort of look sideways at the whole thing and I can see glimpses of me in Eric and Dylan and I have to say, I don't like it one bit.

_________________
"If it moves kill it, if it doesn't burn it."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 9:03 pm

The interview where she talks about it is on Columbine understanding why which I thought was a really great documentary and can be found on Youtube or Netflix incase you haven't watched it already.
Back to top Go down
42099_4EVA

42099_4EVA


Posts : 275
Contribution Points : 48934
Forum Reputation : 28
Join date : 2017-12-09
Age : 38
Location : Vancouver, Canada

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:43 pm

if I had went to school with Eric, I would have been the one, who would have just loved to be Eric's friend but would have been too nervous to approach him lol. I think too though that Eric would be the one who would have you cracking up laughing. I think between him and Dylan, Eric was the more entertaining one. Dylan would be too quiet for me, jmo.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:45 am

I haven't heard of the flowers but I heard of cookies, Dylan would bring cookies to class and there was a friend of Eric's, a girl, who said he would give her a hug and tell her how beautiful she was but it was platonic because she was engaged. I think Bree was engaged too... lots of girls back then were engaged at such a young age. I wonder if that all worked out

Just from visiting the area seems so much more accepting in many ways but it is very homogenous too. It's an interesting place none the less.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 433
Contribution Points : 53976
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 99
Location : germany

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 4:02 am

At school I wouldn't shut up about Doom, even though nobody knew the game aside from me. It raced through my mind constantly. I would play it until I was physically sick and my vision would sway back and fourth like the movements of the game to the point where I had to hold onto the ground and lost track of where I was because the dizziness was so severe it felt like the world was shaking. I would then sit in a hot bath to calm down and still not know where I was and would see demons from the game in front of me clear as day. My nickname was 'Doom Boy' and i'd spend the entire class drawing pictures of the game and thinking of it. It was beyond an obsession to me. When I didn't play it I would be thinking about it.

So yeah I think back then, had I been 17, 18 I could have talked 48 hours with Eric about that game. And since they were friends with people like Mike V and Erik Veik who were utter dweebs and didn't have anything interesting to talk about other than fixing their cars, I think Eric would have talked to me for sure. I'd often think or say things too, then read Eric's journal and word for word he'd have the same views as me which would shock me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
VoDKaComeHere




Posts : 134
Contribution Points : 44515
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-12-24

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 3:56 am

Honestly, I would of been friends with Eric. We’re drastically different in overall personality but I can see us relating on having conversations while being sarcastically edgy since I was like that throughout high school and still am sometimes since I’m only 19. like if we both happened to be rubbed the wrong way by the same bully, I could see him making fucked up jokes about how he wants to shoot up the school and me sarcastically agreeing (obviously if I didn’t know he was serious)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone




Posts : 564
Contribution Points : 48214
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-31

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 7:24 am

I wouldn't have been friends with them. I would have thought they were too immature and weird. However if I met them at a party I would probably love to be the one to confront them if they say some stupid nazi shit and have an actual discussion. I'm a bit of a drama queen just like Eric so he would have liked that too. Life as an Aries. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:03 am

I'm not sure about Eric but I would have probably gotten along with Dylan. At least I'd know him through theatre. I was pretty shy too but knowing HS me, I would have liked Dylan from what I know about him.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:06 am

There's a picture of Richard Castaldo that I remember seeing, and one of the stickers he has decorating his wheelchair is a NIN logo. Something about that really gets to me because E&D really thought they were so different from their peers. But one of Dylan's favorite bands who's music resounded with him was also liked by one of their victims.

I wonder who in Columbine had things in common with them and may have actually gotten along with them, had they gotten a chance to just talk, outside of all the cliques.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:13 am

Littlelo wrote:
There's a picture of Richard Castaldo that I remember seeing, and one of the stickers he has decorating his wheelchair is a NIN logo. Something about that really gets to me because E&D really thought they were so different from their peers. But one of Dylan's favorite bands who's music resounded with him was also liked by one of their victims.

I wonder who in Columbine had things in common with them and may have actually gotten along with them, had they gotten a chance to just talk, outside of all the cliques.

Probably more than they possibly realized

Wasn't there a story that a girl was singing a Rammstein song and Eric just made fun of her? Instead of being like, I love that band it's my favorite
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 9:16 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
There's a picture of Richard Castaldo that I remember seeing, and one of the stickers he has decorating his wheelchair is a NIN logo. Something about that really gets to me because E&D really thought they were so different from their peers. But one of Dylan's favorite bands who's music resounded with him was also liked by one of their victims.

I wonder who in Columbine had things in common with them and may have actually gotten along with them, had they gotten a chance to just talk, outside of all the cliques.

Probably more than they possibly realized

Wasn't there a story that a girl was singing a Rammstein song and Eric just made fun of her? Instead of being like, I love that band it's my favorite

I've never heard that one, but I think I heard a story about a girl wearing a Rammstein shirt or having a sticker on her car and Eric leaving a note on her car because he realized she liked them too. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Edit: it was Megan Minger
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:22 am

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
There's a picture of Richard Castaldo that I remember seeing, and one of the stickers he has decorating his wheelchair is a NIN logo. Something about that really gets to me because E&D really thought they were so different from their peers. But one of Dylan's favorite bands who's music resounded with him was also liked by one of their victims.

I wonder who in Columbine had things in common with them and may have actually gotten along with them, had they gotten a chance to just talk, outside of all the cliques.

Probably more than they possibly realized

Wasn't there a story that a girl was singing a Rammstein song and Eric just made fun of her? Instead of being like, I love that band it's my favorite

I've never heard that one, but I think I heard a story about a girl wearing a Rammstein shirt or having a sticker on her car and Eric leaving a note on her car because he realized she liked them too. I'll have to see if I can find that.

Edit: it was Megan Minger

Thank you!!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:25 am

I was a bit of a bully when I was in High School but it was because I got heaps of crap for years -- pushing me to that.

Yeah in a way I guess I could see myself getting along with Eric and Dylan. They were kinda like that pre-shooting.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:26 am

Jennifer Harmon was the one from my story. I think Dylan told Eric to knock it off.

That seems to be a theme sometimes when it comes to Eric. Eric being a jerk and Dylan telling him to knock it off.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Jennifer Harmon was the one from my story. I think Dylan told Eric to knock it off.

That seems to be a theme sometimes when it comes to Eric. Eric being a jerk and Dylan telling him to knock it off.
Yet Dylan was the one ranting and raving, making fun of people's races, looks, and everything about them come the day of the shooting. Eric was stone faced and unemotional.

I think Dylan was a real nasty piece of work too.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:01 am

Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:09 am

Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).

That is another thing that shocked people about Dylan. Which is why Dylan was scarier in many ways. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He was known to be a gentle, shy and goofy kid then unleashed his own cruel hell on people.

I still don't think Dylan was 100% evil, just like I don't think Eric was a psychopath devoid of emotions. They were both equally culpable. I was more speaking of how they were at school day to day.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:27 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).

That is another thing that shocked people about Dylan. Which is why Dylan was scarier in many ways. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He was known to be a gentle, shy and goofy kid then unleashed his own cruel hell on people.

I still don't think Dylan was 100% evil, just like I don't think Eric was a psychopath devoid of emotions. They were both equally culpable. I was more speaking of how they were at school day to day.

I agree that they were both culpable. I just don't feel right assigning more blame to one than the other. They both did what they did, both took part in the shooting and planning, and enjoyed doing it.

I know there is tons of evidence to look over to form an opinion on who's idea it was, but we will never know for certain, so I don't feel right making that claim.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).

That is another thing that shocked people about Dylan. Which is why Dylan was scarier in many ways. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He was known to be a gentle, shy and goofy kid then unleashed his own cruel hell on people.


I still don't think Dylan was 100% evil, just like I don't think Eric was a psychopath devoid of emotions. They were both equally culpable. I was more speaking of how they were at school day to day.
You just described a sociopath to a tee. That to me makes Dylan evil.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:31 am

Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).

That is another thing that shocked people about Dylan. Which is why Dylan was scarier in many ways. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He was known to be a gentle, shy and goofy kid then unleashed his own cruel hell on people.

I still don't think Dylan was 100% evil, just like I don't think Eric was a psychopath devoid of emotions. They were both equally culpable. I was more speaking of how they were at school day to day.

I agree that they were both culpable. I just don't feel right assigning more blame to one than the other. They both did what they did, both took part in the shooting and planning, and enjoyed doing it.

I know there is tons of evidence to look over to form an opinion on who's idea it was, but we will never know for certain, so I don't feel right making that claim.

Exactly . Just because Dylan wrote about it first doesn't mean that the boys didn't talk about it well before.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:33 am

Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).
Eric cared way too much what people thought of him. Dylan honestly could not care less what the guy next door thought. He just wanted to kill people then himself.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:34 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Dylan probably just didn't like the awkward social interactions that Eric may have gotten into, so he tried to minimize it. But when it came down to it and he had nothing to lose, he was extremely cruel during the shooting. He was also cruel when writing or talking privately to Eric (you can see in his yearbook writings, and as seen on TBT transcripts).

That is another thing that shocked people about Dylan. Which is why Dylan was scarier in many ways. He was a wolf in sheeps clothing.

He was known to be a gentle, shy and goofy kid then unleashed his own cruel hell on people.

I still don't think Dylan was 100% evil, just like I don't think Eric was a psychopath devoid of emotions. They were both equally culpable. I was more speaking of how they were at school day to day.

I agree that they were both culpable. I just don't feel right assigning more blame to one than the other. They both did what they did, both took part in the shooting and planning, and enjoyed doing it.

I know there is tons of evidence to look over to form an opinion on who's idea it was, but we will never know for certain, so I don't feel right making that claim.

Exactly . Just because Dylan  wrote about it  first doesn't mean that the boys didn't talk about it well before.
Are you kidding me? Why was he off ranting about Zach being his go-to-guy then and not Eric?

Eric was always the second choice. He and Dylan weren't talking about it "well before". Evidence seriously suggests this.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:36 am

And I'm not suggesting Eric wasn't evil. He was a nasty piece of work along with Dylan. But I think Dylan's sociopathic tendencies are overlooked time and time again.

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:40 am

I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:47 am

Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Dylan DID originally plan to do the shooting with Zach. @Jenn will provide proof of this as she has done many times in the past.

Dylan didn't get the chance to bring the idea to Zach because he got a girlfriend and they drifted apart.

Yeah, Eric talked about "killing" Brooks Brown. He wasn't sitting around talking about killing 50 people then himself NBK style like Dylan.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo


Posts : 1210
Contribution Points : 50828
Forum Reputation : 40
Join date : 2017-04-26

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:50 am

Ivan wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Dylan DID originally plan to do the shooting with Zach. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will provide proof of this as she has done many times in the past.

Dylan didn't get the chance to bring the idea to Zach because he got a girlfriend and they drifted apart.

Yeah, Eric talked about "killing" Brooks Brown. He wasn't sitting around talking about killing 50 people then himself NBK style like Dylan.

Huh, I guess I never saw that proof, I'd be very interested to see.

Eric did talk about wanting to kill almost all of Denver's residents, too. Although I don't know at what point he wrote that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia


Posts : 6251
Contribution Points : 176623
Forum Reputation : 1138
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 40

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:56 am

Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.

Exactly.

We also will never know what they talked about in their day to day lives. One can't assume because something wasn't written down it wasn't talked about. Zach also seemed to have his own temper.. leaving a nasty note in Devons exes locker, getting into a fight with her that was so bad one of them tried jumping out of a moving car..

Dylan also wanted to do NBK with a girl too... they both wanted to kill.






_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:57 am

Littlelo wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Dylan DID originally plan to do the shooting with Zach. @Jenn will provide proof of this as she has done many times in the past.

Dylan didn't get the chance to bring the idea to Zach because he got a girlfriend and they drifted apart.

Yeah, Eric talked about "killing" Brooks Brown. He wasn't sitting around talking about killing 50 people then himself NBK style like Dylan.

Huh, I guess I never saw that proof, I'd be very interested to see.

Eric did talk about wanting to kill almost all of Denver's residents, too. Although I don't know at what point he wrote that.
After he already started his journal... It was in some point in July 1998, the same time he talked about how he was watching National Geographic or something and how it showed animals were meant to kill.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3053
Contribution Points : 102348
Forum Reputation : 809
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 6:49 pm

Ivan wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Dylan DID originally plan to do the shooting with Zach. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] will provide proof of this as she has done many times in the past.

Dylan didn't get the chance to bring the idea to Zach because he got a girlfriend and they drifted apart.

Yeah, Eric talked about "killing" Brooks Brown. He wasn't sitting around talking about killing 50 people then himself NBK style like Dylan.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - During the time that you were taking a break from Columbine, I made a thread about this topic. I never really talked to you about it because you weren't really into Columbine at the time and we'd always talk about other crime stories and watch the forensic crime shows. Anyways, for the longest time, I did think that Dylan's original choice was to go on a shooting with Zack, but after I went through his journal again, I noticed something. It was actually some girl that was Dylan's first choice.

Dylan wrote this on February 2, 1998:
Dylan Klebold wrote:
Soon... either ill commit suicide, or I'll get w. [edited] & it will be NBK for us. My hapiness. her hapiness. NOTHING else matters.

He refers to the person he wants to go on a shooting with as "her" and then it made perfect sense to me because I remembered how you told me all about "Natural Born Killers". You know, the movie you watched that I wouldn't watch with you because it looked too violent and you still told me everything that happened anyways, lol.

Well I remembered you telling me that it was a guy and the girl he was in love with that went on the shooting spree and Dylan was obsessed with that movie. His original idea was that he actually wanted to go shoot people with this girl, not with Zack and not with Eric. And that is why Dylan called his idea for the shooting "NBK" because he wanted to copy the movie with this girl. We don't know which girl it is but he definitely made it clear that it was a girl.

For the longest time, I must have overlooked that it said "her" and I was certain he was talking about Zack because he had mentioned how upset he was that Zack got a girlfriend and wouldn't do missions with him anymore.

Once I figured out it was actually a girl and not Zack and with you telling me what actually happened in the movie, it made so much sense to me why Dylan named it "NBK". And now I have no doubts whatsoever that the idea originally was Dylan's and that he wanted to do it with his love interest and he wanted to name it after his favorite movie, "NBK".

Dylan wrote about him and the girl in February. And then 2 months later is when Eric started his journal. I'd be willing to bet that sometime between February and April is when Dylan started mentioning his idea for "NBK" to Eric. I think Dylan knew realistically he wasn't going to go on a shooting spree with this girl because she probably didn't even know he existed since all the girls he seemed to like were ones he never even really talked to.

And I know Eric loved to write stuff down. He had all kinds of things he wrote down - like jokes, like his missions, like his hate for Brooks, his blogs, his stories, he had multiple profiles on AOL. I have no doubt that once Eric was let in on this idea and agreed that he wanted to do it, he would have immediately started writing about it. He never mentioned a word about it prior to April of 1998 because he was not the one thinking up the idea, Dylan was.

Here's the link to my thread if you wanna read it.  https://columbinemassacre.forumotion.com/t2528-dylan-s-journal

So what do you think? Do you believe this too? Don't get me wrong, I do still think that if Dylan could pick a friend to do it with, it would have been Zack but I think he knew Zack wouldn't be willing and that Eric probably would. And besides, Zack had been drifting away and spending more time with his girlfriend than he was with Dylan so at that point, I doubt he would have even brought it up to Zack because he knew Zack would probably tell Devon and he wouldn't want to get caught, you know?

You know what boyfriends are like, they like to talk their girlfriend's ear off about everything.

_________________
"Someday, you will ache like I ache".
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Guest
Guest




"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 8:53 pm

Jenn wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
I don't know if Zach being called a "go to guy" suggests that Dylan originally planned to do the shooting with him though. Plus if he had brought the idea to Zach in a serious capacity, wouldn't he have said something to someone out of concern?

There is definitely compelling evidence that points to Dylan bringing Eric into the plan first, but I don't see anything concrete enough to confirm this. Especially considering how much Eric wrote about killing people too.
Dylan DID originally plan to do the shooting with Zach. @Jenn will provide proof of this as she has done many times in the past.

Dylan didn't get the chance to bring the idea to Zach because he got a girlfriend and they drifted apart.

Yeah, Eric talked about "killing" Brooks Brown. He wasn't sitting around talking about killing 50 people then himself NBK style like Dylan.

@Ivan - During the time that you were taking a break from Columbine, I made a thread about this topic. I never really talked to you about it because you weren't really into Columbine at the time and we'd always talk about other crime stories and watch the forensic crime shows. Anyways, for the longest time, I did think that Dylan's original choice was to go on a shooting with Zack, but after I went through his journal again, I noticed something. It was actually some girl that was Dylan's first choice.

Dylan wrote this on February 2, 1998:
Dylan Klebold wrote:
Soon... either ill commit suicide, or I'll get w. [edited] & it will be NBK for us. My hapiness. her hapiness. NOTHING else matters.

He refers to the person he wants to go on a shooting with as "her" and then it made perfect sense to me because I remembered how you told me all about "Natural Born Killers". You know, the movie you watched that I wouldn't watch with you because it looked too violent and you still told me everything that happened anyways, lol.

Well I remembered you telling me that it was a guy and the girl he was in love with that went on the shooting spree and Dylan was obsessed with that movie. His original idea was that he actually wanted to go shoot people with this girl, not with Zack and not with Eric. And that is why Dylan called his idea for the shooting "NBK" because he wanted to copy the movie with this girl. We don't know which girl it is but he definitely made it clear that it was a girl.

For the longest time, I must have overlooked that it said "her" and I was certain he was talking about Zack because he had mentioned how upset he was that Zack got a girlfriend and wouldn't do missions with him anymore.

Once I figured out it was actually a girl and not Zack and with you telling me what actually happened in the movie, it made so much sense to me why Dylan named it "NBK". And now I have no doubts whatsoever that the idea originally was Dylan's and that he wanted to do it with his love interest and he wanted to name it after his favorite movie, "NBK".

Dylan wrote about him and the girl in February. And then 2 months later is when Eric started his journal. I'd be willing to bet that sometime between February and April is when Dylan started mentioning his idea for "NBK" to Eric. I think Dylan knew realistically he wasn't going to go on a shooting spree with this girl because she probably didn't even know he existed since all the girls he seemed to like were ones he never even really talked to.

And I know Eric loved to write stuff down. He had all kinds of things he wrote down - like jokes, like his missions, like his hate for Brooks, his blogs, his stories, he had multiple profiles on AOL. I have no doubt that once Eric was let in on this idea and agreed that he wanted to do it, he would have immediately started writing about it. He never mentioned a word about it prior to April of 1998 because he was not the one thinking up the idea, Dylan was.

Here's the link to my thread if you wanna read it.  https://columbinemassacre.forumotion.com/t2528-dylan-s-journal

So what do you think? Do you believe this too? Don't get me wrong, I do still think that if Dylan could pick a friend to do it with, it would have been Zack but I think he knew Zack wouldn't be willing and that Eric probably would. And besides, Zack had been drifting away and spending more time with his girlfriend than he was with Dylan so at that point, I doubt he would have even brought it up to Zack because he knew Zack would probably tell Devon and he wouldn't want to get caught, you know?

You know what boyfriends are like, they like to talk their girlfriend's ear off about everything.
There's just no way Eric thought of this before Dylan brought it to him. Zero percent chance.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder


Posts : 2241
Contribution Points : 70261
Forum Reputation : 340
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 6:53 am

spidEr wrote:
At school I wouldn't shut up about Doom, even though nobody knew the game aside from me. It raced through my mind constantly. I would play it until I was physically sick and my vision would sway back and fourth like the movements of the game to the point where I had to hold onto the ground and lost track of where I was because the dizziness was so severe it felt like the world was shaking. I would then sit in a hot bath to calm down and still not know where I was and would see demons from the game in front of me clear as day. My nickname was 'Doom Boy' and i'd spend the entire class drawing pictures of the game and thinking of it. It was beyond an obsession to me. When I didn't play it I would be thinking about it.

So yeah I think back then, had I been 17, 18 I could have talked 48 hours with Eric about that game. And since they were friends with people like Mike V and Erik Veik who were utter dweebs and didn't have anything interesting to talk about other than fixing their cars, I think Eric would have talked to me for sure. I'd often think or say things too, then read Eric's journal and word for word he'd have the same views as me which would shock me.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

spidEr


Posts : 433
Contribution Points : 53976
Forum Reputation : 145
Join date : 2016-12-03
Age : 99
Location : germany

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeWed Jan 31, 2018 4:02 pm

Yes, that is for sure what I had when I was a little kid. Thank you, I am sure Eric may have had that in some form, he did say that Doom was burned into his mind and everything have a relation to it, but he also said that about N.B.K too.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2678
Contribution Points : 80475
Forum Reputation : 1140
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 34

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am

Jenn wrote:

And I know Eric loved to write stuff down. He had all kinds of things he wrote down - like jokes, like his missions, like his hate for Brooks, his blogs, his stories, he had multiple profiles on AOL. I have no doubt that once Eric was let in on this idea and agreed that he wanted to do it, he would have immediately started writing about it. He never mentioned a word about it prior to April of 1998 because he was not the one thinking up the idea, Dylan was.


I had not read this part of the thread before but I like this paragraph.  It makes so much sense


Last edited by Lizpuff on Thu Feb 01, 2018 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : correcting quotes)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MalonsMilk

MalonsMilk


Posts : 46
Contribution Points : 43658
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-11-03

"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 01, 2018 12:57 pm

Yeah Dylan was the originator of the plan without a doubt. Dylan lived and breathed the film Natural Born Killers down do his dress style, attitude and also how he handled the actual shooting.

Would I have been friends with them? Well my friendship group was actually labelled 'the weirdos' as we dressed differently - goth, emo, skater, listened to 'different' music and were at the bottom of the pile socially. So yeah I'm guessing that if they were going to join a group in my country, at my time it would have been mine. I'd probably have been more comfortable talking to Eric if he was super nice and kind to the people he liked. As Dylan seemed much more aggressive in class etc I think I would have been a little bit scared of him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content





"We Would Have Been Friends" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "We Would Have Been Friends"   "We Would Have Been Friends" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
"We Would Have Been Friends"
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Best Friends/Friends/Acquaintances
» Friends
» Looking for tcc friends?
» Their friends
» E&D's Friends?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: