Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

On this day in...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 12, 2015 4:16 pm

On this day (August 12) in 1999, Anne Marie Hochhalter left Craig Hospital.

Think about it - she was stuck in that hospital for almost four months.

"To all the people who have cared about me from the day I was hurt:
I am leaving Craig Hospital today and didn't want to have a press conference, but wanted to write my own press release. I have wanted to be private during my recovery, and I appreciate the media's respect for my wishes.
I have many thanks to share. First, I wish to thank my family who has loved and supported me all through my recovery. I would like to thank the paramedics and staff at Swedish Medical Center who saved my life. I want to thank the Craig Hospital staff who taught me the skills to be independent again. I want to thank my many friends who have visited me and cared about my well-being from the very beginning.
Thanks also to the families who have brought meals to my family every night, and to all the caring people across the country who prayed for me, and who sent wonderful gifts and cards. They meant a lot to me. Your loving care and support have helped me tremendously to get through my recovery.
I still have many obstacles to overcome, but I know that I can do it, and God will give me strength along the way.
Once again, I give my thanks to all of you."

Anne Marie Hochhalter
August 12, 1999
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 9:36 pm

On Monday, August 16, 1999, kids went back to Columbine for the first time since 4/20.

(Well, some of them went back in the summer to get their bookbags. But 1999-08-16 was the first day of the new year)

eli27

Contribution Points : 83832
Forum Reputation : 135

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 18, 2015 2:54 am

LPorter101 wrote:
On Monday, August 16, 1999, kids went back to Columbine for the first time since 4/20.

(Well, some of them went back in the summer to get their bookbags. But 1999-08-16 was the first day of the new year)

I wish that they had never reopened the school. Made a new one. (If it were possible of course). Even today Columbine high seems like a shitty place to be.

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97892
Forum Reputation : 440

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 am

eli27 wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

I wish that they had never reopened the school. Made a new one. (If it were possible of course). Even today Columbine high seems like a shitty place to be.
Well, the shittyness (or lack of it, depending on who you believe on this) is because of the people and their actions, not the shool building or its history. Same people going to a different school with same teachers would imho behave the same.

Columbine is a huge, relatively modern school. I think it would have been a waste to bulldoze it and invest in a new one only because of Eric and Dylan. The past is one thing, but I can't blame the local community if they also want to look to the future.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 10:53 am

LPorter101 wrote:

Did every year start on August 16th, or did it vary?
Here we're starting on September 8th.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2015 7:51 pm

Lananas wrote:
LPorter101 wrote:

Did every year start on August 16th, or did it vary?
Here we're starting on September 8th.

It was a different day in mid-August every year.

The public schools where I live start on Monday (the 24th).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

On this day in... Empty
PostSubject: Re: On this day in...   On this day in... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

On this day in...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: