Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83413
Forum Reputation : 0

E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back" Empty
PostSubject: E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"   E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back" Icon_minitimeSat Sep 12, 2015 2:49 pm

So when was E & D's first exposure to hanging around the TCM & when did they engage in discussion with its members about fighting back?

In interviews it's mentioned that TCM members or those surrounding that click "often talked revenge & killing the jocks etc.. but it was all talk & no one considered it reality". Are those references prior to E & H's writings?

I've always thought E&H being younger were influenced by the bond & the reason for the creation of the bond of TCM (self defense/camaraderie) & wonder if not assume they fostered their NBK ideology from the TCM.

All part of the perfect storm that created 4/20?
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 83565
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"   E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back" Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2015 11:45 pm

It probably played a part. I know that the TCM group talked about it enough to use it as a conversation topic.

In Tim Kass's book, there are a few different occasions where others in the school even joke about Eric and Dylan being the prime candidates for the next school shooting.

It got talked about commonly among a lot of the students and faculty also because there was a rash of school shootings in the preceding years, and it was the trendy moral panic for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 97740
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"   E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back" Icon_minitimeMon Sep 14, 2015 7:59 am

Yeah people talked about potential shootings, becaus eit was on the news. Most people of course did not mean it in any serious manner. I imagined it was the same sort of: "So, when will someone fly a plane into our school?" type talk that took place after 9/11.

My point is: the fact that someone somewhere mentioned a shooting in a casual conversation doesn't mean much. Certainly its no proof that anyone was "in the know" or that serious homicide plans were common among students, or even that CHS was unique in that sense.

When I was a wee young kid, kids in my school would often say stuff like: "It would be fun if someone blew this school up" or "I'm gonna bring a bomb to the enxt math test, this teacher sucks so bad someone should make mince meat out of him".

Of course there was nothing to it, nobody was "in the know", nobody ever attempted any homicide or bombing.

I think its one of the reasons why E&D could get away with violent writing and angry talk so easily. People were used to it being done in an innocent way by harmless kids.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"   E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

E & D's first exposure to the TCM & "fighting back"
Page 1 of 1