Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Insider information

Go down 
+4
Grayscale
Archvile
WendlaBergman
Sabratha
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96534
Forum Reputation : 440

Insider information Empty
PostSubject: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 7:11 am

Well, there's been many people in soem way connected to E&D. We all know Brooks Brown wrote a whole book about it, even though he had only limited contact with E&D during the last HS years.

Out of all CHS students, who do you think would have the most interesting insight and "insider info" into the case? Who would you like to see to speak out about the case or write a book?

I personally would like to hear more (Though I fully understand if some don't want to talk and just go on with their lives and forget about the shooting) from:

- Zach Heckler. He was close to Dylan in particular, even as far as taking part in the night missions. I doubt he knew about the atatck, but I'm sure he is the one who knew most about the early days of E&Ds friendship - how they interacted with one another. Also about the early pyromania - firecrackers, if any improvised explosives were used during missions etc.

- Nate Dykemann. He wa sclose to them during their senior year, prolly one of the people who knew them best. I wonder how did he look at their friendship and how did he see the school, how he and E&D felt in it etc.

- Becca Heins. She's somewhat of a shadowy figure, but who nevertheless comes up in all sorts of accounts regarding C&Ds senior year. She was a friend of Robyn Anderson and is afaik the person sitting near E&D on their group photo. The day before the shooting, she was out with E&D at some fast food joint. Then there were the unsubstanitated stuff about her and Eric being closed during their sophomore and junior year, though I'm not all taht sure its true. Still would be interesting to ehar from her.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
WendlaBergman

Contribution Points : 89024
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeSun Sep 20, 2015 6:13 pm

I would like to hear from Robyn Anderson about her emotions regarding giving them the guns and her thoughts on Dylan and Prom. I have wondered if she actually had a crush on Dylan (I can see why she would!) or if that was just something Brooks Brown said.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 78761
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:53 pm

I'd like to hear from their black jack boss to see what they got up to in work and what a day in work was like with them
Back to top Go down
Grayscale

Contribution Points : 81407

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeTue Sep 22, 2015 11:39 pm

Not so much for insider information but I'd like to hear from Eric Veik. The dude was in a really bad place post massacre. After he made threats of a possible repeat attack on the school/being jailed and police finding alarming evidence at his home, he has somewhat disappeared. If he really was resentful towards E&D for leaving him out on 4/20, I would like to know what was going through Veik's mind at the time and if he was ever able to fight off his demons.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82440
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 2:37 pm

Was it Zach or Nate who used to talk with Dylan every night via phone? In True Crime, there is mention that Dylan talked with one of them every night until 12-1 am. I imagine they would have a ton of info.

My main unicorn find would be to finally prove the rumor that Eric or Dylan made a Quake or Doom map that resembled their school. I know it has to be out there, or that someone besides E/D played it.
Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 78431

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeWed Sep 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Imagine a Brooks Brown type of book but with people who knew them really well like Heckler or Dykeman.

That would be interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96534
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 7:55 am

1891 wrote:
Imagine a Brooks Brown type of book but with people who knew them really well like Heckler or Dykeman.

That would be interesting.

Yeah that would probably be best. Could be good if it was Heckler, Dykemann and Anderson joining up with some news reporter who knows how to write and would help them make a smooth narrative.

Not gonna happen though. i think all 3 just want to go on with their lives and move past columbine. Can't blame them, I imagine it must feel a bit like getting stuck perpetually in senior year.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeThu Sep 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Yeah. Maybe we could get a kick-starter going to entice them all to write it : )

Honestly, I've had some success with just emailing people involved that day and asking them politely. I had contact with a Pulitzer prize winning journalist who showed me in the right direction to look for other photos form that day. Unfortunately, I can't go to the Denver Public Library to look through the archives.

But, it might behoove us to see if we can track them down and just ask politely. After all this time, they may be willing to have their side of the story heard.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 100899

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 12:37 pm

CharlesWhitman wrote:
I'd like to hear from their black jack boss to see what they got up to in work and what a day in work was like with them

I know there is an interview with him out there.

Heh... a quick google search and it brought me back here....

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Good read Charles.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeTue Oct 13, 2015 1:31 pm

Yeah, if it's legit it's a pretty insightful interview.

I still think we could get results if we just tracked whomever we wanted to speak with, and just asked them nicely. The worst they can say is no...
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 82239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 9:27 pm

radaddio wrote:
Yeah, if it's legit it's a pretty insightful interview.

I still think we could get results if we just tracked whomever we wanted to speak with, and just asked them nicely. The worst they can say is no...

I agree contacting some people may be ok, but please don't contact people who actually witnessed first hand any of the violence that day. That's a damn fine way to set off a PTSD episode. Most of the people in the library who want to talk about it already have. A decent amount of their friends eventually came out and spoke out as well. If someone hasn't spoke about it now they aren't going to. I know we find this case interesting and we crave more information, but these people lived through it. While I will admit its different for journalists to contact them and offer a (compensated) interview, as forum researchers I don't think its our place to do so. If anyone does chose to go down that road please treat the subject matter sensitively.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2015 11:14 pm

That is a good point.

So far, I've only contacted journalists. One was a no reply, and the other told me basically the same. It was traumatic for him, but he's seen worse since then.

I've always been polite and courteous, to the point of being apologetic for even asking.

Frankly, I would be more interested in just the day to day goings on at the school. It would be nice to have more texture of what it was like to be an average student there in 1999. Not a jock, or an outcast, just a typical fly on the wall scenario.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Insider information   Insider information Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Insider information
Page 1 of 1