Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Rampart Range Evidence?

Go down 
+6
Draw_It_White
Fatheroftwo
radaddio
human_abstract
alt reality
10 posters
AuthorMessage
alt reality

Contribution Points : 77040
Forum Reputation : 0

Rampart Range Evidence? Empty
PostSubject: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 8:03 pm

Has anyone here visited Rampart Range? Particularly the very spot where E/D did their target shooting? If so, I wonder if there is any left over items there? Such as the bowling pins? Perhaps spent shell casings? Or even the slug in the tree? Or perhaps even just being able to locate that particular tree?

I'm sure jeffco, cleared all evidence and shell casings as evidence, but who knows? Maybe that slug is still lodged in that tree? Maybe there are spent shell casings that could be found with a metal detector? Or maybe you will trip over an old bowling pin on your walk down there?

Back to top Go down

Contribution Points : 78656

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 8:41 pm

You do know it wasn't yesterday they went target shooting, right? 16 years have passed, you really think you would find a bowling pin there?

Add sixteen Colorado winters to that too.
Back to top Go down
alt reality

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 9:54 pm

Haha perhaps not. However I recently visited my old hometown recently and visited some of men and my childhood friends old haunts, and found plenty of old relics(granted only 12 years went by as opposed to 16) found old beer cans, and fire pits, carvings on trees, etc. So its possible some remnants may remain at rampart range, if you could nail down the right location .

Also, pleased to meet you. I'm new at the forum. I appreciate your reply.
Back to top Go down
human_abstract

Contribution Points : 80846

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 22, 2015 10:27 pm

I believe it would be possible to find some old remnants of their trip to the range, but differentiating their spent shells and slugs from the countless others who have gone there would be nearly impossible. I imagine after 16 years (and even the years prior) so many remnants have accumulated you could point a metal detector almost anywhere and find something.

I think the best bet would be viewing the video and determining their exact location / trees they shot. Even that would be super difficult since so many years of gone by that the trees may look different, have died, etc. For all I know certain areas might have even been demolished.
Back to top Go down
alt reality

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 4:03 am

Thank you for the reply human abstract, I suppose you are correct. But I wonder, what are the chances that someone stood in that exact spot, and shot the exact type of ammunition? Ehh, perhaps the chances are high, after all. Those to types of ammunition are very common.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 8:58 am

alt reality wrote:
Haha perhaps not. However I recently visited my old hometown recently and visited some of men and my childhood friends old haunts, and found plenty of old relics(granted only 12 years went by as opposed to 16) found old beer cans, and fire pits, carvings on trees, etc. So its possible some remnants may remain at rampart range, if you could nail down the right location .

Also, pleased to meet you. I'm new at the forum. I appreciate your reply.

Well, one can't know for sure how it looks unless one visits it, so.

I have not seen a more recent picture from that area where they were shooting, only pictures from the Rampart Range Rd, so it's hard to know how close it is if you haven't been there.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

Contribution Points : 82665
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 2:05 pm

I suppose you could find something. But, like 1891 said, it would be hard to distinguish it from the other stuff that accumulated there. However...

...They did find a hundred year old rifle leaning up against a tree in the desert.

Also, there was a team that went into the famed La Bianca house where the occupants were murdered by the Manson clan. Using black light or something, they were able to find the messages on the wall that were written in blood. I never thought about finding the bowling pin, or anything like that. My gut says that they would have left it there, since it would be hard to explain to their parents, and it was stolen property from the bowling alley maybe.

Also welcome to the forums : )
Back to top Go down
alt reality

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 2:53 pm

I apprecaite the welcome, my friend!

So I guess the moral of the story is that, there very well could be remnants left at the site, but locating them, and the spot, could be tricky.

So, which one of our forum members, in the Littleton area is up for the task?! Perhaps you could record your journey and share it with the rest of us? I would do the honors, but I'm over 1,000 miles away...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 2:54 pm

Someone must have visited the spot. It's hard to know from only pictures if that is the so called range or if they walked in a bit into the forest. My initial feeling is that they did. And they are just shooting into the woods, aren't they? I have only been shooting once in my life, I know nothing about guns basically.

Some Columbine-"nerd" must have located it? Any picture?
Back to top Go down
alt reality

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2015 3:02 pm

Well we have a fairly good marker, in the tree Eric blasted with the slug. But then again, if its a popular hunting spot, I'm sure its not the only tree with a slug in it.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 82513

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 1:09 am

I believe Rampart Range travels over 60 miles. The portion E&D were @ was in Douglas County, but even that encompasses countless acreage.

I'm not sure they were legally shooting vs randomly finding a spot in which to fire their weapons. Any casings would be underground by this time I would imagine. It's possible you could run across the bowling pins if you could locate the area they were actually @.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 3:09 am

Quick question for any of my American brothers....

When you guys go out shooting randomly in the woods (ie like Eric & Dylan in the topic title) - is it not a little bit dangerous!? Do you not constantly get accidents occurring whereby people are getting hit by stray bullets?

I know the guns are loud and would serve as an indication someone is shooting nearby, but what say, someone takes his first shot of the day so there's no sound warning and he misses his target?
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 101124

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 24, 2015 12:12 pm

No. You never hear about accidents like this. Usually if you go out to shoot you find a spot that you know nobody really goes to. Also you don't just randomly start spraying bullets around. Like they did in the video you setup targets and aim at those. Any "Stray" bullets will be caught by the surrounding trees, or if you are somewhere like the video you are most likely aiming at somthing thats down hill from you which the bullets will just go into the ground.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 1:20 am

Illegal shooting an issue in the area where E/D filmed their shooting. Has been for a while and getting worse as the Denver and surrounding are continue to rapidly grow.

A 60 yr old man lost his life this summer, took a stray bullet to the chest as he was camping in RR.

The prevalent concern has been littering/toxic waste, but a fatality occurred recently.
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96835
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 25, 2015 9:58 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
Illegal shooting an issue in the area where E/D filmed their shooting.  Has been for a while and getting worse as the Denver and surrounding are continue to rapidly grow.

A 60 yr old man lost his life this summer, took a stray bullet to the chest as he was camping in RR.

The prevalent concern has been littering/toxic waste, but a fatality occurred recently.

Wow pretty shitty. Was it a hunter, or some douche target shooting without a plce to satch stray bullets?

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 26, 2015 4:16 pm

deathmedic wrote:
No. You never hear about accidents like this. Usually if you go out to shoot you find a spot that you know nobody really goes to. Also you don't just randomly start spraying bullets around.  Like they did in the video you setup targets and aim at those. Any "Stray" bullets will be caught by the surrounding trees, or if you are somewhere like the video you are most likely aiming at somthing thats down hill from you which the bullets will just go into the ground.

These accidents do happen, but it's not as common as you would think. Usually, just hopping out of you vehicle at a desolate location to start "plinking" is irresponsible at best, and will get you a fine/sheriff's car ride in some cases. I live in California though, so other states might be more lax on this.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:00 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
Illegal shooting an issue in the area where E/D filmed their shooting.  Has been for a while and getting worse as the Denver and surrounding are continue to rapidly grow.

Wow pretty shitty. Was it a hunter, or some douche target shooting without a plce to satch stray bullets?

Stray, source unknown.. but it's believed to be random shooters practicing illegally. As the metro area expands a lot of these remote areas are becoming less remote.. more illegal firing of weapons.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:22 pm

I heard it's all over grown with plants now and isn't quite the same as it was then, I also hear that area is both popular with dirtbikes and guns, so I you probably will find loads of items used in target practices, but nothing from Eric and Dylan.. even more reason not to go there if people are randomly spraying bullets everywhere.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 4:42 pm

I'm starting to worry that other countries see America as some kind of heavily armed Mad Max-style hellscape : ) Dirt bikes, guns etc.
Back to top Go down
Archvile

Archvile

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 18

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 11:36 am

Ha, I don't think that, America is on my top 5 places to visit, but I did see videos at a Rampart Range where people were dirt biking around so I meant in my last post as a joke about going to Rampart Range if you don't know the area you could end up getting ran over or hit by a stray bullet, actually after Columbine happened back in 1999 I said to someone in my class that I wanted to visit America one day and his parents who were with him told me "why would you want to go to America where people get shot in schools all the time?".... yeah.... someone actually said that to me.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2015 12:25 pm

Yeah, I've always wondered what other countries thought of our easy access to guns. School violence is usually limited to fistfights. Guns in schools are rare, but probably happen more than other countries just because we have a lot of them here.

I really wonder about Russia though. It seems like every photo set I see from there has at least one person posing with an AK-47. I know some are probably airsoft, but it's still seems pervasive.
Back to top Go down
toolargesweaters

Contribution Points : 66212

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 6:24 am

I know reviving old topic is not something people love, but then again using the search is better than people asking the same questions over and over again in new threads Very Happy

So - has anyone every managed to locate / narrowed down where exactly the video was filmed?
I am from Europe but get the chance to visit the Denver area next year and I want to discretly visit Columbine-related places.
Back to top Go down
radaddio

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 27, 2016 9:26 pm

Yes, someone was able to determine within a 20 km radius where the Rampart Range was. They used footage landmarks(what little there was), as well as local feedback on where people go and shoot.

The specific location may never be known, simply because the terrain and tree line obscure the horizon and make it hard to triangulate to nearby landmarks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rampart Range Evidence?   Rampart Range Evidence? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Rampart Range Evidence?
Page 1 of 1