Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Scott family message for Anniversary 2015

Go down 
+5
Fatheroftwo
Juicy Jazzy
Nirvana92
Falco
PaintItBlack
9 posters
AuthorMessage
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96841
Forum Reputation : 52

Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 27, 2015 9:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86932
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Was this a facebook post?

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83489
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 6:01 pm

I don't have a lot of respect for the Scott's continuing to make money off a lie over their dead daughter. I can understand hanging onto a belief to help the healing process, but its different you're actively making profit off of it. Continuing to propagate it harms the Klebold and Harris family and hampers their healing process as well.. They're not only constantly reminded of their sons actions, but they're children are made into even bigger monsters with the "do you believe in god?" myth. What happened to all parties involved was a tragedy, but no one deserves to hurt more than another due to a lie just because their child did the killing. As Christians I feel the Scott's should have recognized that by now.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 7:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Yes,I think it was.

This issue has been raised many times but I do not think the Scotts are consciously lying at all.
I think that they believe that Rachel truly was targeted for her faith and died a martyr.
We must remember that the story of Rachel being killed for her faith was accepted almost as fact for the first year.
Richard Castaldo's Mom even called the family in January 2000 and told them that Richard had told her in the hospital that Rachel was questioned about and taunted about her faith in the last minute of her life before being killed.

Being they are a very devout family told for a year that their daughter was killed for her faith, I can see why they continue to believe that instead of believing their beautiful , vibrant daughter was killed simply because she was in the sightline of two angry, embittered kids.
I believe that Cassie's family still believes she was a martyr despite the evidence to the contrary.
I can see why both families find enormous comfort in this.
So I don't think they are lying. They are sharing what they honestly believe happened.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 01, 2015 10:31 pm

Here are some items of interest.

These are the checks that Rachel had with her in her backpack when she was killed:

This is "Rachel's corner" which her Dad keeps in his study.
It was arranged differently in "13 Families' " so I am not sure if this picture was taken before or after that filming:

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 9:50 pm

One of the shoes Rachel was wearing when she was killed

Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:24 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
One of the shoes Rachel was wearing when she was killed

Incorrect. She was wearing white shoes the day she died.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2015 10:33 pm

@JuicyJazzy,
Thank you for the correction. I found the picture years ago and it was labeled as her shoe and since she really did have a pair of shoes like this or very similar, I had no doubt it was hers.

Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83538
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 12:30 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
Here are some items of interest.

These are the checks that Rachel had with her in her backpack when she was killed:

This is "Rachel's corner" which her Dad keeps in his study.
It was arranged differently in "13 Families' " so I am not sure if this picture was taken before or after that filming:

As a parent, I know if Castaldo's mother shared that with me I would hold onto that account for life.

Either way, the message the Scott's bring serves a very positive purpose. My son met Craig when he was still touring schools w/ his father & the presentation deeply effected him. I doubt my son was ever going to bully or tease other kids, but it certainly motivated him to be aware of surroundings & influence others to treat school mates better/with respect.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77147
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 7:08 pm

Nirvana92 wrote:
I don't have a lot of respect for the Scott's continuing to make money off a lie over their dead daughter. I can understand hanging onto a belief to help the healing process, but its different you're actively making profit off of it. Continuing to propagate it harms the Klebold and Harris family and hampers their healing process as well.. They're not only constantly reminded of their sons actions, but they're children are made into even bigger monsters with the "do you believe in god?" myth. What happened to all parties involved was a tragedy, but no one deserves to hurt more than another due to a lie just because their child did the killing. As Christians I feel the Scott's should have recognized that by now.

I thought it was Cassie's family who wrote the book about the believing in God thing? Although I do remember seeing a video on youtube where Craig goes back to the school and he said Eric did ask his sister that and then told her "good, then go be with him" and then he shot her...but I don't know if thats plausible, i didnt think they were that close to her when she was shot, i could be wrong though.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 7:33 pm

FlyerFan wrote:
I thought it was Cassie's family who wrote the book about the believing in God thing? Although I do remember seeing a video on youtube where Craig goes back to the school and he said Eric did ask his sister that and then told her "good, then go be with him" and then he shot her...but I don't know if thats plausible, i didnt think they were that close to her when she was shot, i could be wrong though.
The Scott's released a book called 'Rachel's Tears' a year of so after the shooting. In the mid 2000's Darrell Scott released two more books, though they are mainly about her legacy after her death.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77147
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2015 9:32 am

Juicy Jazzy wrote:
FlyerFan wrote:
The Scott's released a book called 'Rachel's Tears' a year of so after the shooting. In the mid 2000's Darrell Scott released two more books, though they are mainly about her legacy after her death.

Ohh okay, i hadn't heard of those ones, thanks for the info. I mean its really sad that all of this happened, but at some point you've got to say "am I doing what my dead child would want me to be doing" dont you?

I have read Tom Mauser's book Walking in Daniel's Shoes. I have read it 3 times, and every time I have read it I have cried. It is a book of healing, but also a book of raw, uncensored pain that these parents went through.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2016 1:45 am

Blue butterfly in memory of Rachel on the floor of the new library

Back to top Go down
SandraSmit19

SandraSmit19

Contribution Points : 103319
Forum Reputation : 235

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:45 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:

Is this really only for Rachel? Twelve other people died that day, I wonder where their butterfly memorials are.

Contribution Points : 64214

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 8:43 am

Nirvana92 wrote:

This issue has been raised many times but I do not think the Scotts are consciously lying at all.
I think that they believe that Rachel truly was targeted for her faith and died a martyr.
We must remember that the story of Rachel being killed for her faith was accepted almost as fact for the first year.
Richard Castaldo's Mom even called the family in January 2000 and told them that Richard had told her in the hospital that Rachel was questioned about and taunted about her faith in the last minute of her life before being killed.

Being they are a very devout family told for a year that their daughter was killed for her faith, I can see why they continue to believe that instead of believing their beautiful , vibrant daughter was killed simply because she was in the sightline of two angry, embittered kids.
I believe that Cassie's family still believes she was a martyr despite the evidence to the contrary.
I  can see why both families find enormous comfort in this.
So I don't think they are lying. They are sharing what they honestly believe happened.

I think it's a kind of answer for the mind. A part of the healing process.
I've known a similar situation with one of my friend, dead at young age.
Her parents tried to find meaning, purpose, about the life and death of their daughter.

Cause dying at this age is a total non-sense.
Too young, She did not live enough for her age...

It let in our mind the sentence : "What she could have been if" that is just horrible to assimilate for a parent, or even friends.

So finding or stick to some meaning, even fictionnal, sometimes, allow to live with this idea of that injustified death.
Back to top Go down
Tuga

Contribution Points : 64717

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:40 pm

SandraSmit19 wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:

Is this really only for Rachel? Twelve other people died that day, I wonder where their butterfly memorials are.
IIRC this is the exact place where Mr Sanders was shot. I don't think the blue butterfly is specifically for her even though she was fond of blue butterflies.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scott family message for Anniversary 2015   Scott family message for Anniversary 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scott family message for Anniversary 2015
Page 1 of 1