Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paris attacks November 2015

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86682
Forum Reputation : 70

Paris attacks November 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 7:21 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I will let you read it for yourself.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 98569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 9:03 pm

Why Paris? Didn't Islamic extremists attack Paris earlier in the year too (Charlie Hebdo)?
Back to top Go down
Falco

Falco

Contribution Points : 86682
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2015 10:16 pm

Yeah they did. The Charlie Hebdo attacks were because of them making fun of Mohammad, that's putting it basically though. I am unsure, probably because of their government stance towards extremists? The unofficial death toll is getting quite high though, I wonder how much of an impact this will have. France last had a state of emergency in the 60s and last closed their boarders during WWII.

Contribution Points : 79431
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 16, 2015 9:11 am

These terrorist attacks must give instant flashbacks to E/D parents. It's the same kind of act their sons did.

I wonder how they tackle it?
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124084
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2015 2:12 am

Bataclan Theatre audio from the first 2 minutes of the shooting:

There were 3 gunmen & I counted 120+ shots in under 2 minutes in that audio clip.

Bataclan theatre massacre

At approximately 21:40, a mass shooting and hostage-taking occurred at the Bataclan theatre on the boulevard Voltaire in the 11th arrondissement. The American band Eagles of Death Metal was playing to an audience of around 1,500 people. About an hour into the concert, a car pulled up outside the venue and three dark-clad men with AKM assault rifles entered the hall. Witnesses heard shouts of "Allahu Akbar" just before the gunmen took up positions on the mezzanine and opened fire on the crowd. Initially, the audience mistook the gunfire for pyrotechnics. The attack lasted 20 minutes, and witnesses also reported seeing the attackers throw hand grenades into the crowd. A radio reporter attending the concert described the attackers as calm and determined, telling CNN they had reloaded three or four times. Survivors escaped via the emergency exit into the street or made their way onto the roof, with some taking refuge in toilets and offices; others lay still on the floor pretending to be dead. The band's members escaped without injury.

Around 22:00, the attackers took 60–100 concertgoers hostage as police gathered outside the venue. They threatened to decapitate a hostage and throw the corpse out the window every five minutes. A witness who escaped told a journalist that the gunmen had mentioned Syria. One witness in the Bataclan heard a gunman say, "This is because of all the harm done by Hollande to Muslims all over the world." There were further attacks on police and first responders who arrived at the scene.

Starting at 22:15, the Brigade of Research and Intervention (BRI) arrived on the scene, followed by the elite tactical unit, RAID. The assault on the theatre began at 00:20 and lasted three minutes. Police launched the assault because of reports that the attackers had started killing hostages. They initially estimated that 100 people had been killed, but the toll was revised to 89. Two attackers died by detonating their suicide vests. Another was hit by police gunfire and his vest blew up when he fell. Identification and removal of the bodies took 10 hours, a process made difficult because some audience members had left their identity papers in the theatre's cloakroom.

Graphic Image of some of the aftermath:

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 9:24 am

Sorry to dig this thread up, is the Netflix documentary about the shooting "November 13: Attack on Paris" available outside France? Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

I thought it was too early, in the US they seem to make movies about dramatic events quickly, but in France we need time. I am not sure I am ready to see it yet, but since it will soon be the anniversary maybe I will try to watch it.

President Macron will not attend the commemoration next November 13, but the Prime Minister will.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2018 6:55 pm

Neah wrote:
Sorry to dig this thread up, is the Netflix documentary about the shooting "November 13: Attack on Paris" available outside France? Has anyone seen it? What did you think?

I thought it was too early, in the US they seem to make movies about dramatic events quickly, but in France we need time. I am not sure I am ready to see it yet, but since it will soon be the anniversary maybe I will try to watch it.

President Macron will not attend the commemoration next November 13, but the Prime Minister will.

I live in the US and watched all of the episodes. I thought it was pretty good and definitely relied on the survivor testimony and news footage so it was much more emotional than dramatic imo. My only issue with it was that it was a bit long like it definitely could've been like and hour and a half or two hours instead of 3 episodes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paris attacks November 2015   Paris attacks November 2015 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paris attacks November 2015
Page 1 of 1