Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"I'm better than you" is not enough

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

"I'm better than you" is not enough Empty
PostSubject: "I'm better than you" is not enough   "I'm better than you" is not enough Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 8:30 am

One thing I do share with Eric is a belief that there are an awful lot of dumbfucks roaming around. Nearly all, if not all, of the folks living in this world are dumbfucks.

(But I'm not. Very Happy)

Most of the dumbfucks are mindless followers, but some are "leaders" (the blind leading the deaf) who go around telling me (and everyone else) what to do

Like Eric, I don't feel like letting some dumbfuck boss me around. I go to great lengths to keep from having to do the things that some dumbfuck thinks I should be doing.

But I do believe in going along to get along, so I keep my thoughts and feelings to myself. I don't wear T-shirts that say, "If you're reading this, then you're a dumbfuck and I hate you." For one thing, I'm not a hateful guy - you have to care about folks to hate them, and I don't care about anyone but myself. If you stay out of my way, and keep your nose out of my shit, then I don't care whether you're the dumbfuckiest dumbfuck who ever crawled out of the gutter.

(But fuck with me, and I'll never forget. I might forgive, but I'll never forget.)

Most of the time, I can tune out most of the dumbfucks around me and keep most of their dumbfuckness from rubbing off on me, so my life is okay. (Not great, but not as bad as it could be.)

But Eric couldn't, or wouldn't, tune out the dumbfucks. They got to him. Their rank dumbfuckness wafted into his nose and stuck in his craw. He couldn't leave them alone - he felt a burning need to blow them up, and mow them down, and show them once and for all that he was their daddy.

So saying that "Eric had a superiority complex" is not a good-enough answer to "Why did he want to kill?" I believe that I'm smarter than nearly everyone wandering around this dippy little earth of ours, and I've never even thought about going on a killing spree.

"I'm Eric Harris, and I'm better than you, and I'm going to prove it by shoving my gun up your rectum and blowing your ass to smithereens" doesn't tell the full story. There's more to it than that.

A little more? A lot more? You tell me.

*I still say that, not so deep down, Eric thought of himself as a worthless little shit, and that all of his "I'm so godlike" bluster is empty BS that he thought made him sound badass. A guy who goes around saying, "I'm godlike ... I'm better than everyone" is trying to convince himself more than anyone else. I don't buy Cullen's belief that Eric truly believed that he was as mighty as he made himself out to be.

WhereHateRunsRed

WhereHateRunsRed

Contribution Points : 82079
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I'm better than you" is not enough   "I'm better than you" is not enough Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 9:50 am

Calling yourself God is actually just a huge defense mechanism, Harris was projecting his own self loathing an awful lot IMO
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151470
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: "I'm better than you" is not enough   "I'm better than you" is not enough Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2015 11:20 am

WhereHateRunsRed wrote:
Calling yourself God is actually just a huge defense mechanism, Harris was projecting his own self loathing an awful lot IMO

Yeah. Tough talk is cheap.

Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83513
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: "I'm better than you" is not enough   "I'm better than you" is not enough Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 8:51 pm

"I still say that, not so deep down, Eric thought of himself as a worthless little shit, and that all of his "I'm so godlike" bluster is empty BS that he thought made him sound badass. A guy who goes around saying, "I'm godlike ... I'm better than everyone" is trying to convince himself more than anyone else. I don't buy Cullen's belief that Eric truly believed that he was as mighty as he made himself out to be."

Without question, Cullen flunks all basics of psychology by thinking Eric truely believing he was superior/almighty.

Your take is dead on, Eric created an alter ego that was fostered thru self hate & insecurity & his journals make it pretty clear he continually knew who he really was.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I'm better than you" is not enough   "I'm better than you" is not enough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I'm better than you" is not enough
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: