Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

When did they die?

Go down 
+3
TaylorsMom
FlyerFan
LPorter101
7 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151485
Forum Reputation : 2754

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 6:05 am

They were dead long before they blew their brains out. Their souls were dead. They were empty shells. Their hopes and dreams had long since rotted away. Nothing was worth doing; life was not worth living. So they said, "Fuck this shit. Let's die. But let's see how many fuckers we can take with us."

When did their souls die? Before they started planning NBK, surely. But how long before?

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:33 am

Well, based on what you're asking, I would say their junior year... 1997-1998. I could be mistake, however, but I believe that's what I've read.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

Contribution Points : 77122
Forum Reputation : 3

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:50 am

I think Eric died a long time before Dylan did, at least in a sense anyway. I still believe that if NBK never happened Dylan would have gone on to live a semi-regular life.
Back to top Go down

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:55 am

FlyerFan wrote:
I think Eric died a long time before Dylan did, at least in a sense anyway. I still believe that if NBK never happened Dylan would have gone on to live a semi-regular life.

I was confused for a second because I forgot what thread I was reading. I thought you were talking about something I read in which Dylan didn't die right away after shooting himself whereas Eric was killed instantly.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:33 am

OffthechainJoehovah wrote:
FlyerFan wrote:

I was confused for a second because I forgot what thread I was reading. I thought you were talking about something I read in which Dylan didn't die right away after shooting himself whereas Eric was killed instantly.

Oh no i meant emotionally dead.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 78292
Forum Reputation : 25

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 9:47 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have to agree with you.
Back to top Go down
deathmedic

Contribution Points : 102124
Forum Reputation : 10

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 10:04 am

Eric died when he moved to Littleton, everyone says that he changed after that. I can see this being the time because moving away from all your friends and starting over is tough, especially when where you get everyone is mean to you or don't want anything to do with you.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124324
Forum Reputation : 1001

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:44 pm

That really is a tough question because of so many factors involved.

But, honestly, there was always some form of change or hope I suppose until they pulled the triggers - that is when their souls died.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 12:54 pm

deathmedic wrote:
Eric died when he moved to Littleton, everyone says that he changed after that. I can see this being the time because moving away from all your friends and starting over is tough, especially when where you get everyone is mean to you or don't want anything to do with you.

I still feel like he could have been helped. Some people think he was a straight up psychopath and couldn't be stopped but I don't really know if I believe that. I mean you have a child who is troubled, how do you not know that? Like I don't have kids of my own but I know that my mom was always involved in all of our lives and would definitely know if we had something troubling us. It just makes me sad that nobody ever picked up on anything to help either of them.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105663
Forum Reputation : 1235

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 1:37 pm

FlyerFan wrote:
deathmedic wrote:

I still feel like he could have been helped. Some people think he was a straight up psychopath and couldn't be stopped but I don't really know if I believe that. I mean you have a child who is troubled, how do you not know that? Like I don't have kids of my own but I know that my mom was always involved in all of our lives and would definitely know if we had something troubling us. It just makes me sad that nobody ever picked up on anything to help either of them.

They were master manipulators, able to put on different facades around different people.
Looking back on things, the parents now see a few things that they should of picked up on but didn't think much of it before 4/20.
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 2:53 pm

slippy123 wrote:
FlyerFan wrote:
deathmedic wrote:

They were master manipulators, able to put on different facades around different people.
Looking back on things, the parents now see a few things that they should of picked up on but didn't think much of it before 4/20.

Even if you are a master manipulator though, you are building bombs in your own home, in your room you have a huge arsenal. That's the thing that gets me the most, like you have probably spent years gaining your parents trust and grooming them to believe everything you say. That really kind of makes me wonder for how long he was really plotting this, not just one or two years.
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83832
Forum Reputation : 135

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 4:22 pm

FlyerFan wrote:

Even if you are a master manipulator though, you are building bombs in your own home, in your room you have a huge arsenal.  That's the thing that gets me the most, like you have probably spent years gaining your parents trust and grooming them to believe everything you say. That really kind of makes me wonder for how long he was really plotting this, not just one or two years.

Grooming and manipulating their parents doesn't mean they were plotting the massacre, just that they were clever enough to know how to make their lives easier and hide the parts of them that they didn't want seen.

Last edited by eli27 on Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
FlyerFan

FlyerFan

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 12, 2016 7:04 pm

eli27 wrote:
FlyerFan wrote:

Even if you are a master manipulator though, you are building bombs in your own home, in your room you have a huge arsenal.  That's the thing that gets me the most, like you have probably spent years gaining your parents trust and grooming them to believe everything you say. That really kind of makes me wonder for how long he was really plotting this, not just one or two years.

Grooming and manipulating their parents doesn't mean they were plotting the massacre, just that they were clever enough to know how to make their lives easier and hide the parts of them that they didn't want seen by them.

Yeah I mean I did hide some things from my mom that I didn't want her to know about me, but I would never dare to hide anything illegal in our house because there was a good chance it would be found and I would be in huge trouble. But I guess we will never really know why or how they got away with hiding all of the things they did.
Back to top Go down

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:10 pm

I dunno, why don't you ask them?.. what a silly thread
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83832
Forum Reputation : 135

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2016 4:27 pm

^ shots have been fired

As for me, I don't think of it that way. Nobody has a soul, you die when your heart stops beatin.

When did they die? Empty
PostSubject: Re: When did they die?   When did they die? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

When did they die?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: