Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?

Go down 
+2
slippy123
LPorter101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 151268
Forum Reputation : 2754

Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Empty
PostSubject: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:35 pm

Here's a little thought experiment for you.

One day, Eric wakes up as a muscular 6'3" jock. Ask yourself: Does he still go around resenting and hating and spewing venom at everyone? Does he still hate his life? Or is he too busy getting laid?

[Cullenish bullshit about how Eric was a swaggering ladies' man who banged Brenda Parker blah blah blah blah]

The key to understanding Eric is knowing that he was a dweeby little guy who wanted to be a big badass muthafucka. He resented the fact that he did not live up to the masculine ideal set by bigger, stronger, more confident boys - one of whom was his older brother.

If God had given Eric more height and more bulk, Eric wouldn't have been so eager to kill and to die.

What do you think?

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 7:50 pm

Jenn wrote:
His brother was big and bad? I thought he was just a tiny guy like Eric.

Kevin is taller than Eric. How much taller, I do not know.

Quote :
In high school, Kevin bulked up in the weight room and became a second-string tight end on the football squad. With an A-average and varsity letter jackets, he was admired for his leadership qualities and affable demeanor. ''There's no holes in Kevin,'' said Andy Lowry, Columbine's football coach.

There is a big hole in Eric ... in his head.

Quote :
Eric, gawky at 5 foot 9, complained to a co-worker at Blackjack Pizza that he was not as tall as his brother.

Kevin is taller and bigger than Wayne:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:26 pm

Or how about this: Eric wakes up as a muscular 5'8" jock. Is he still unhappy?

Some of the top jocks at Columbine were Eric's height. Brandon Reisbeck, one of Rocky's best buds, was the captain of the football team and the homecoming king in the fall of '98. And he was 5'8":

Dusty Hoffschneider likewise had a lot of social status, and he even managed to do it without going full asshole like his older brother. And he was 5'8" (and 58):

And even good ol' Rocky himself wasn't all that tall compared to a lot of other jocks:

Did Rocky have short-jock syndrome?

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105538
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:51 pm

Random picture of Kevin Harris:

Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 8:52 pm

slippy123 wrote:
Random picture of Kevin Harris:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yeah, he was a smart jock.

There are some football players who have triple-digit IQs...

Contribution Points : 102313
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:12 pm

Yes, Eric is still a psychopath, but of a different kind. As a 6'3 jock, he would have been able to casually victimize people on a daily basis and he might have been satisfied with that.

Eric was not just a psychopath--he was a frustrated psychopath. A psychopath who felt he wasn't getting his just desserts--those of dominating everyone around him.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:15 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Yes, Eric is still a psychopath, but of a different kind.  As a 6'3 jock, he would have been able to casually victimize people on a daily basis and he might have been satisfied with that.

Eric was not just a psychopath--he was a frustrated psychopath.  A psychopath who felt he wasn't getting his just desserts--those of dominating everyone around him.

So Eric was just another asshole who needed to let his assholery run free?

lasttrain, do you believe that Rocky Hoffschneider is a sociopath? He has said publicly that he regrets none of his past.

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:17 pm

I don't disagree with LPorter that Eric had an issue with bigger stronger guys.  I just think it was Eric wanting to dominate them, not them dominating or bullying him.

On 8897 and 10838 Chris Morris says that Eric started fights and then expected the 6'2 Morris to back him up.  Eric's best friend and the person he chose to die with was 6'3.  Nate Dykeman, Brooks Brown, Mark Manes--all tall individuals.

Clearly Eric was attempting to ally himself with superior physical forces whom he could use as a proxy for the violence he wished to commit against others. I would go so far as to saw this was the driving force behind Eric's friendships.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:41 pm

Quote :
Yes, Eric is still a psychopath, but of a different kind.

How do you know, though?

Let's say you're a starving bum who would kill someone for a dollar bill. Then someone gives you a million dollars. Are you still willing to kill someone for money?

Is it not possible that Eric might have been a totally different person living another kind of life, one where he felt like the big, strong, confident man that he always wanted to be? Is it possible that his anger, the rage, and the desire to harm other people were products of the particular situation that he was in? Was there no conceivable scenario in which he could have been happy without needing to inflict pain on others?

There are an awful lot of resentful guys in this world.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124184
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:47 pm

As Eric said himself:

026859 REB DoMiNe by Eric

Send this to everyone you know, the more who know about me the better:

69. If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself What Would It Be: weight

*It was not height, it was weight
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 10:53 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

As Eric said himself:

026859 REB DoMiNe by Eric

Send this to everyone you know, the more who know about me the better:

69. If You Could Change One Thing About Yourself What Would It Be: weight

*It was not height, it was weight

Yeah, he was a skinny dude. But not as skinny, proportionately, as Dylan.

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:05 pm

Eric's beliefs were so extreme that I cannot conclude he was a product of circumstance. I mean, millions of kids are in Eric's circumstances, but none have done what he did. I can only conclude that there is something powerful behind his circumstances that drove him to do what he did, and the only option is a profound personality disorder.

This in essence is my core belief about Columbine.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2016 11:13 pm

lasttrain wrote:
Eric's beliefs were so extreme that I cannot conclude he was a product of circumstance.  I mean, millions of kids are in Eric's circumstances, but none have done what he did.  I can only conclude that there is something powerful behind his circumstances that drove him to do what he did, and the only option is a profound personality disorder.

This in essence is my core belief about Columbine.

And Dylan?

There are lots of depressed kids out there ... how many of them kill even one person?

Contribution Points : 84092
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 1:15 am

God damn, I'm in my mid 20's and I look younger than those columbine jocks
Back to top Go down
eli27

eli27

Contribution Points : 83707
Forum Reputation : 135

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2016 3:52 am

LPorter101 wrote:

I don't know what that woman sees in him ... then again, I'm not a woman. Very Happy

I'm getting what she sees in him. Very Happy

PostSubject: Re: Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?   Eric the jock - stlill a psycho? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Eric the jock - stlill a psycho?
Page 1 of 1