Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dylliot Rodger?

Go down 
+2
gasolinechild
LPorter101
6 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:29 am

Were Dylan and Elliot not somewhat alike in their thinking?

Dylan wrote: "I see jocks having fun, friends, woman, LIVEZ."

...and: "everything is as least expected. The meak are trampled on, the assholes prevail, the gods are decieving, lost in my little insane asylum w. the outhouse redneck music playing... wanna die & be free w. my love... if she even exists. She probably hates me... finds a [illegible] or a jock who treats her like shit."

Elliot said: "I am the perfect guy, but, yet, you throw yourselves at all these obnoxious men instead of me, the supreme gentleman.... Girls, all I have ever wanted was to love you and to be loved by you. I wanted a girlfriend, I’ve wanted sex, love, adoration, but you think I am unworthy of it."

What do you think?

Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150640
Forum Reputation : 2754

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2016 4:34 am

And, while we're at it, let's talk about the Cullenista belief that talking about love all the time (Dylan) means you're not as nutso as someone who writes lots of hateful stuff about how shitty and ungodlike most folks are (Eric).

Elliot Rodger talked about love all the time ... he talked about his yearning to be loved, to find a soul mate with whom he could have shared his days.

And then he fucking murdered people.

Wanting to be loved is one thing ... feeling entitled to love (and sex) is another.

gasolinechild

Contribution Points : 85402
Forum Reputation : 0

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:42 am

In a way. Dylan believed in some kind of afterlife where he would rest in the arms of his perfect goddess, while Elliot had given up on being loved and was disgusted by the very idea in the end. Dylan had no regard for the status quo definition of success by the end, whereas Elliot remained attached to the idea of success within the status quo. Elliot's dream was Dylan's idea of a shallow existence.

They did both feel entitled to a perfect love--and tbh I think they were entitled to that. Everyone is.
Back to top Go down
human_abstract

Contribution Points : 81596

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 9:52 am

I sensed a good amount of similarities between the two as well. One major difference is Elliot Rodger refused to place any blame on himself for his lack of social / romantic life, usually shifting it to the "brutes", men who had success with women. He definitely had a grandiose sense of self, almost to a comical level. Dylan at times had a higher perception of self (obviously, calling himself a God amongst other things), but it was interspersed with sentiments of self-loathing and self-blame for his situation. It's as if he didn't really view being a God as a superiority thing, but a curse that denied him a level of understanding with his peers.
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77495

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 2:50 pm

I can see the similarities as well.  Both had an aggrieved sense of entitlement. This seems to be a common characteristic among mass shooters.....whether it be over a failed romantic life, race issues, failure to be recognized at work, etc.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:25 pm

Eh, I find Elliot just pathetic and lame. Wah a girl won't look at me. Dylan was deeper then that.
Back to top Go down
Squid

Contribution Points : 74471

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2016 11:58 pm

Dylan could get a girl if he wanted but he wanted a special Halcyon girl that felt and thinks the same as him.
Back to top Go down
slippy123

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105413
Forum Reputation : 1235

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2016 4:22 am

Squid wrote:
Dylan could get a girl if he wanted but he wanted a special Halcyon girl that felt and thinks the same as him.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Dylliot Rodger? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dylliot Rodger?   Dylliot Rodger? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dylliot Rodger?
Page 1 of 1