Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Only three weeks away…

Go down 
+2
Fatheroftwo
NotYourRobot
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 74399
Forum Reputation : 0

Only three weeks away… Empty
PostSubject: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 7:42 pm

The timing of the shooting always seemed odd to me, I mean the school year was almost over and Eric Dylan were seniors, they were so angry
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo

Contribution Points : 83063

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 8:45 pm

weaponry is probably the key.. then putting everything together once that was secured.
Back to top Go down
Vii

Vii

Contribution Points : 73955

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2016 8:52 pm

The timing was also one of the most heartbreaking factors to me. They had decided many months in advance that it was gonna be April so it's not that it resulted from their procrastination. Their lives were about to change, a whole new chapter yet they still decided to go with that. I guess it just shows that they really didn't see the future for themselves, they were depressed, too upset & angry with the world, and too hungry for revenge. Not to mention the victims who were about to graduate too and they just ruined it for them like that.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 1:52 am

with the issue they had in their mind a short span of time would seem like forever. I remember I couldn't go through with finishing simply a school day and practise (it was a FUCKED UP and insecure day) and just walked out halfway and never came back. If I could do and feel that at what, seventeen? at an uppity school, I can totally get why the boys decided to fuck shit up as opposed to graduating. and besides, this was a planned massacre for months and money has been spent for their arsenal.

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83721
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2016 12:11 pm

Vii wrote:
The timing was also one of the most heartbreaking factors to me. They had decided many months in advance that it was gonna be April so it's not that it resulted from their procrastination. Their lives were about to change, a whole new chapter yet they still decided to go with that. I guess it just shows that they really didn't see the future for themselves, they were depressed, too upset & angry with the world, and too hungry for revenge. Not to mention the victims who were about to graduate too and they just ruined it for them like that.

Precisely. Well put!

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 4:23 am

They began plotting around the time they would have been preparing for life after high school. They even placed it after their prom- which is culturally thought of as an unofficial end to high school.

These were kids discomforted with leaving high school. I believe that goes beyond merely 'not seeing a future' or being disappointing with the choices available to them. And I wonder why it doesn't come up more often in these discussions. You had one kid, Mr.Harris, who was already very sensitive (and possibly traumatized) about moving around and starting over- being the new kid again. And you had another who in my estimation, was heavily invested in his teenage angst and "high school" persona, who displayed lots of disappointment in regards to not achieving what he felt were typical high school benchmarks whether it be playing sports (baseball according to his mother) to having a girlfriend to possessing more than an attenuated sense of self to be recognized for the intellect he believed himself to possess.

These kids "waited" because in some sense they never wanted high school to end; sadly they got their wish.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79536
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 5:42 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wow, i totally see the point you're making. I get it. I really don't have the words to put to my thoughts right now but I get what you're saying.

slippy123

Contribution Points : 105213
Forum Reputation : 1235

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 9:04 am

The thing is I don't think either of them wanted to graduate and become as Eric said "robots". Working for some ahole, doing the same routines over and over. Dylan especially wanted to die, and couldn't wait to. I think the whole going to college thing was just to get his parents off his back. So even if it happened on the last day of school, seeing their mindsets, it doesn't shock me that they could of just waited two weeks, and never saw these people again. NBK was their "lifes work" so to speak, and that was the legacy they wanted to be known for and leave behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2016 12:25 pm

Curioso_Jorge wrote:
They began plotting around the time they would have been preparing for life after high school. They even placed it after their prom- which is culturally thought of as an unofficial end to high school.

These were kids discomforted with leaving high school. I believe that goes beyond merely 'not seeing a future' or being disappointing with the choices available to them. And I wonder why it doesn't come up more often in these discussions. You had one kid, Mr.Harris, who was already very sensitive (and possibly traumatized) about moving around and starting over- being the new kid again. And you had another who in my estimation, was heavily invested in his teenage angst and "high school" persona, who displayed lots of disappointment in regards to not achieving what he felt were typical high school benchmarks whether it be playing sports (baseball according to his mother) to having a girlfriend to possessing more than an attenuated sense of self to be recognized for the intellect he believed himself to possess.  

These kids "waited" because in some sense they never wanted high school to end; sadly they got their wish.

I would really love to hear more about this from you since I also believe the things you said here and it's one of the things that 'bugs' me , especially the "discomforted with leaving school".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Only three weeks away…   Only three weeks away… Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Only three weeks away…
Page 1 of 1