Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An expensive project

Go down 
+2
Lizpuff
Draw_It_White
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

An expensive project Empty
PostSubject: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 3:37 pm

I was thinking on my way home from work about some bills I've got to sort and regretting blowing £200 this last week on the usual sort of stuff - booze, smokes, takeaways etc.

It got me thinking about the discipline it must have taken Eric and Dylan to amass their arsenal. I know when I was 17 all the spare cash I had was spent on chasing women and going out boozing etc.

Do we have an estimate on what they actually spent to go NBK?

There's the guns, ammo, clothing, bomb making equipment and a whole host of other things they needed.

I wonder if they'd have spent the money and time on dating that they did for NBK they might have got some and all would have been good in their world!?

A vast amount of their wages must have been to spend on NBK and other things they needed for general life (money to run their cars, dinner etc).
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:00 pm

I don't know any exact figures but I know Dylan had to pay for the Tec 9 in installments. They certainly spent quite a bit.

Between that and still having to pay for car ins (Something that Eric complained about) they prob didn't have much money for anything else!

shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:07 pm

good question. I'm assuming it didn't go pass like a thousand? I'm not sure. The way they they spent their money and getting their arsenal was through subsequent episodes of purchasing materials they need and not at one shot so, they always had enough money on them for what they needed at that point of time. They also just give the money to one or two of their friends who could buy stuff (like ammo) for them. (but idk if that's true)
I didn't think it was too expensive at that point of time for a single shotgun either.

Well, they do hang out, but's not like they were spoiling girls either, at the most all they need is a couple bottles of booze and they just chill. Eric dated a couple of girls earlier on and every date was a whole different scenario and i'm pretty sure being a teen and going out didn't go past an average budget. It's not as costly as you think it may be let alone the prices back then.

Last edited by liquorvamp on Tue May 24, 2016 4:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:11 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's interesting. where does it say he paid through installment for the Tec-9? and also they only started buying the guns late sometime '98 am I wrong? So they could possibly have saved up specifically.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:16 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] that's interesting. where does it say he paid through installment for the Tec-9? and also they only started buying the guns late sometime '98 am I wrong? So they could possibly have saved up specifically.

In the 11k. Both Manes and Duran were interviewed. Manes charged him IIRC 500 for the gun. Dylan paid some to Manes at his home, then gave the rest to Duran while at Black Jack.

I lost my searchable 11k so it may take a moment to find the exact pages....
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:18 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ah ok yes thank you.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:22 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] ah ok yes thank you.

OK so Duran can be found on 8215 and later on pages later

Manes is on 8238
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:31 pm

I'm going to throw in that I'm assuming the money they spend on their guns had to be kept from their parents aswell so, I'm not sure if their folks ever hounded them about their money or where it goes. Either way, they got away with it.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
I'm going to throw in that I'm assuming the money they spend on their guns had to be kept from their parents aswell so, I'm not sure if their folks ever hounded them about their money or where it goes. Either way, they got away with it.

Well we know Eric got a 2nd job in order to make more money....
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 83946
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:37 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
I was thinking on my way home from work about some bills I've got to sort and regretting blowing £200 this last week on the usual sort of stuff - booze, smokes, takeaways etc.

It got me thinking about the discipline it must have taken Eric and Dylan to amass their arsenal. I know when I was 17 all the spare cash I had was spent on chasing women and going out boozing etc.

There's the guns, ammo, clothing, bomb making equipment and a whole host of other things they needed.

I wonder if they'd have spent the money and time on dating that they did for NBK they might have got some and all would have been good in their world!?

A vast amount of their wages must have been to spend on NBK and other things they needed for general life (money to run their cars, dinner etc).

Great question, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I wonder if we did enough research you could actually come away with an approximate dollar amount for the "cost" of the attack. You are right, though, it couldn't have been very much.

I always thought to myself, "imagine how much more damage they possibly could have done if they had had more money at hand."

Oh, by the way, is "takeaways" the British equivalent of what we here in the US call "take out" food? Cool

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2016 4:43 pm

It's called takeaways where I live too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pirat

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83239
Forum Reputation : 80

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 2:28 pm

The subject of NBKs total cost has interested me for a long time. When you take into account all the gear, guns, pipe bomb materials, and ammo it had to add up eventually. On top of that we know that Eric had to pay his own car insurance, plus both boys would buy food, CDs, computer equipment, video games, etc.. There's no way they paid for all that with crappy part time minimum wage jobs.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 2:35 pm

Plus for the most part Dylan was unemployed. He worked at Blackjack for not very long, then went to that Computer Renaissance for a short time, then back to BlackJack right before the 20. So how he ever got money is up in the air.

shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 2:46 pm

The best way is to breakdown the duration of their purchases. as I mentioned it wasn't at one shot it was subsequent purchases. It was either monthly or between months. So it was enough to save up. It had to be between save ups from their salary + asking from parents. Their gun purchases was definitely through monthly saving. Then there's ammo/gear/bomb materials. Food, gas, transportation stuff were necessities so I'm assuming they might ask help from parents.
the cost of NBK itself wouldn't include their leisure purchases like CDs, video games or date nights.

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:12 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
It's called takeaways where I live too [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] pirat

Cool, where's that? I find it a very amusing name, for some reason. Off Topic

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:20 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] my bad for the off topic. Somewhere in Asia :X

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:22 pm

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] my bad for the off topic. Somewhere in Asia :X

Haha [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], the off topic was aimed at myself, not at you! I'm glad to have such new and frequent posters as yourself and [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] as well. Keep bringing the interesting, thoughtful posts! They are invigorating this forum.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:26 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] nahhh Embarassed thank you but I've not reach that level of being an asset yet in terms of thorough digging of information or, clever topics. I go back and forth with it but I'll still try. I've learnt alot on here though, it's been great.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:28 pm

LOL I feel somewhat of a loser trolling forums all the time! But I just like having other people that share my interests! I don't have many irl.

ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:36 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
LOL I feel somewhat of a loser trolling forums all the time!  But I just like having other people that share my interests!  I don't have many irl.

What other types of forums to you troll? I pretty much am just on this and WebSleuths because of my interest in the JonBenet Ramsey fiasco (see my posts in the other sections). I don't have time for anything else! But I think it's interesting to have something to go to daily and see if anything new, novel, or interesting ever comes up.

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:40 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] girl you've been amazing on here!

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have a huge interest on true crime too. I could talk Jeffrey Dahmer, WM3 or cannibal serial killers.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2016 5:54 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
LOL I feel somewhat of a loser trolling forums all the time!  But I just like having other people that share my interests!  I don't have many irl.

What other types of forums to you troll? I pretty much am just on this and WebSleuths because of my interest in the JonBenet Ramsey fiasco (see my posts in the other sections). I don't have time for anything else! But I think it's interesting to have something to go to daily and see if anything new, novel, or interesting ever comes up.

Lol. Mom boards actually....this is really the only crime one for right now.
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80572
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 12:28 am

and to think if they didn't spend any money on bombs(maybe only the pipes),they could've bought much better guns,therefore killing more people.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 4:19 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have debated to myself as to whether it was the shitty guns or their lack of actual shooting skills that thankfully held their body count back. What do you guys think? we know that Dyl's tec-9 jammed like hell but I think they weren't exactly on par with their shooting either?
and I think by the end they were running out of bullets no? by the end of their improv/plan B everything was already lackluster and their bombs had failed and they just couldn't go on.

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 8:30 am

liquorvamp wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I have debated to myself as to whether it was the shitty guns or their lack of actual shooting skills that thankfully held their body count back. What do you guys think? we know that Dyl's tec-9 jammed like hell but I think they weren't exactly on par with their shooting either?
and I think by the end they were running out of bullets no? by the end of their improv/plan B everything was already lackluster and their bombs had failed and they just couldn't go on.

They were running out.

Watching rampart range showed me that Dylan wanted the tec for looks only. He immediately stands there and turns the gun to the side pulp fiction style. He just wanted to look "cool".

In the 11k there are 2 reports from girls in the school. They were at the front near the offices and were talking on the pay phones. Before they knew what was going on Dylan was there and was shooting at them. They were not very far away but were of course running and he couldn't hit either of them.

Both Dylan and Eric sucked at shooting moving targets. Even steady targets were bad. When they did hit moving targets I would hazard to say it was mostly luck
Back to top Go down
CaptainMidnight

CaptainMidnight

Contribution Points : 80572
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 7:23 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
to me,it was both.for some really weird reason,they didn't put effort in actually trying to improve their shooting skills.
maybe cuz it was supposed to be a bombing,its my guess.

I'll take your brain to another dimension
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2016 11:03 pm

liquorvamp wrote:

Hi, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think it's a combo of both, honestly. Shitty guns and shitty marksmanship. Thank God they didn't have more money to buy better weapons.

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98043
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2016 2:32 am

ThoughtBox wrote:
Draw_It_White wrote:

Great question, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I wonder if we did enough research you could actually come away with an approximate dollar amount for the "cost" of the attack.  You are right, though, it couldn't have been very much.

I always thought to myself, "imagine how much more damage they possibly could have done if they had had more money at hand."

Oh, by the way, is "takeaways" the British equivalent of what we here in the US call "take out" food? Cool

Sorry, just seen that. Yes, takeaway has the same meaning as take out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An expensive project   An expensive project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

An expensive project
Page 1 of 1