Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Could it have been different?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
aquillina

Contribution Points : 73923
Forum Reputation : 0

Could it have been different? Empty
PostSubject: Could it have been different?   Could it have been different? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 8:09 pm

In a way what could have been done to save Eric and Dylan from committing the massacre? I know this is such a broad topic but I'm open for any discussions.

PostSubject: Re: Could it have been different?   Could it have been different? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 9:59 pm

I've contemplated this question as well. A few things that have crossed my mind:

I've wondered if someone had seen how badly both boys needed help and had made sure they received that help, I wonder if things would have been different. Or would Eric have faked his way through it as he did through diversion ?

If police had followed up on the Brown's complaints instead of letting the warrant fall to the wayside, would they have found the things hidden at Eric's ?

If the school had intervened in the bullying situation, would it have helped or would it have only made things worse for Dylan and Eric ?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80286
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Could it have been different?   Could it have been different? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 10:24 pm

I tell you what, as pointed out by [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], I think the most possible action that could actually halt the entire thing is the follow up by police. Hence why the Browns couldn't let it go after 4/20 because they had made numerrrrrrous complaints and the police still had the reports on them! had to be dug through AFTER NBK. I think this could've had some control over the prevention, or a start at least, to find all the arsenal on them.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96724
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Could it have been different?   Could it have been different? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2016 8:48 am

There are so many many different things that could have brought down Columbine. If Eric's counselor and Diversion counselor had taken him seriously instead of putting him on drugs....

If Eric/Dylan's parents had searched their rooms and found the journals or the guns.

If the Brown's had been taken seriously and actually gotten that search warrant on their home.

If Eric's dad had followed up on Green Mountain Guns call.

If Eric had never moved to CO.

There are so many possibilities. The perfect storm was what it was.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Could it have been different?   Could it have been different? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Could it have been different?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: