Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dave Cullen whines about his hard life

Go down 
+7
Screamingophelia
Dyngus
Norwegian
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
shades
LPorter101
11 posters
AuthorMessage

cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:15 am

Narcissism is way more common than people think. It's also a very toxic trait. Textbooks aren't enough of a guideline - you need to interact with one to know how they operate.

On the surface the stereotypical school bully could be considered narcissistic.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 78103
Forum Reputation : 304

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:34 am

Also: Yes, everyone says nasty stuff to others. Most of the time, we learn to take responsibilty, apologize and move on. And, well, if you Said anything to Cullens face than you are less of a coward, atleast, because atleast, you dont hide behind your nickname and computor. But I highly doubt most people will.

In any case, Ive checked many of Cullens claims, and it's not that inaccurate. If you still believe that Eric and Dylan were the lowest of the low in HS, that Eric never bullied people, that he wasnt a psychopath,that Dylan was the same as Eric, etc. You really need to scrutinize your own understanding of facts, because thats just not true
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:38 am

Ivan wrote:
Narcissism is way more common than people think. It's also a very toxic trait. Textbooks aren't enough of a guideline - you need to interact with one to know how they operate.

Not necessarily, because people dont know how to spot one, a lot of the time. Yet, thats not the point. The point is, being sensitive about what people say to you isnt the same as being a narssisst. Sensitivity about how other people judge you is part of the narssism, but not the other way around.

They could be, but not all the time. Some people outgrow their bullying behaviour, some people dont. Its not all Black and white
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:54 am

Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:

Not necessarily, because people dont know how to spot one, a lot of the time. Yet, thats not the point. The point is, being sensitive about what people say to you isnt the same as being a narssisst. Sensitivity about how other people judge you is part of the narssism, but not the other way around.

They could be, but not all the time. Some people outgrow their bullying behaviour, some people dont. Its not all Black and white
What you're referring to is called a narcissistic injury. Someone with narcissistic traits could become aggressive or even violent if pressured enough.

So narcissistic people are, to some degree, sensitive. They aren't psychopaths.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 4:56 am

Norwegian wrote:
Also: Yes, everyone says nasty stuff to others. Most of the time, we learn to take responsibilty, apologize and move on. And, well, if you Said anything to Cullens face than you are less of a coward, atleast, because atleast, you dont hide behind your nickname and computor. But I highly doubt most people will.

In any case, Ive checked many of Cullens claims, and it's not that inaccurate. If you still believe that Eric and Dylan were the lowest of the low in HS, that Eric never bullied people, that he wasnt a psychopath,that Dylan was the same as Eric, etc. You really need to scrutinize your own understanding of facts, because thats just not true
Eric was too sensitive to be a psychopath. I'd say, like Hitler, he was narcissistic. A lot of narcissistic people are dangerous - including murderers.
Back to top Go down
Norwegian
Top 10 Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 5:10 am

Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

Eric was too sensitive to be a psychopath. I'd say, like Hitler, he was narcissistic. A lot of narcissistic people are dangerous - including murderers.

That might be a fair point. I can't make that statement as Im not a psychiatrist or psychologist or anything like that. But therefore I guess we just have to trust the experts on this. Either a narssisst or a psychopath. Something like that(as the experts disagree, somewhat)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 5:18 am

Norwegian wrote:
Ivan wrote:
Norwegian wrote:

That might be a fair point. I can't make that statement as Im not a psychiatrist or psychologist or anything like that. But therefore I guess we just have to trust the experts on this. Either a narssisst or a psychopath. Something like that(as the experts disagree, somewhat)
Reading his journal gives a lot of secondary insight. He craved attention - wanted proof he was above others. That's why he wrote what he did and acted like the insecure dweeb he was. A psychopath would have enough innate self confidence and bravado to know. Either way the kid was sick in the head.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119628
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 06, 2020 11:36 am

Norwegian wrote:
Its not even remotely that hard to comprehend. It means that just because you are online that doesnt mean you should say whatever you want. It may even fall back on them sooner or later, and it's also extremely cowardly.

Sounds ridiculous.

Norwegian wrote:
Uhm...If you truly think people care what others say online because they are narssisstic, you have no idea what narssissm is.

Does it matter? If you care about strangers making fun of you on the internet you are a pathetic loser. Nobody should have to cater to your feelings. Frankly if it hurts that much just turn the damn computer off for a while and get some sunshine.

Norwegian wrote:
Studies reveal that it's actually the internet trolls that are narrssistic in fact. So if anything,,get your facts straight, if you are going to toss out such argument. Actually have some sense of what narssissm, in fact,, means.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Oh bullshit. This is the kind of crap that's just used to push an agenda - that we should censor the internet "for our own good".

Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 97168
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 6:22 pm

Good to see LPorter101 still banging the drum about Cullen!

I think he was on a hiatus when I last posted here...
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 147925
Forum Reputation : 2502

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 6:27 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Good to see LPorter101 still banging the drum about Cullen!

I think he was on a hiatus when I last posted here...

Cullen is the literary piƱata that keeps on giving.

Top 10 Contributor
Kerea2244

Contribution Points : 122900
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 7:29 pm

People are dying, starving, being abused, and are homeless... and he's whining about people not liking his book? smfh

Hayden Jagst
Former Top 10 Contributor

Carnifex879

Contribution Points : 67497
Forum Reputation : 391
Location : Gretchen Whitler's People's Republic of "The Mitten"

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2020 10:59 pm

I have mixed feelings on what he said. I can empathize with him to a certain degree, sometimes having such dark tragedies on your mind so often can really take a toll on you and make you depressed. However, he does seem to be very melodramatic. He has control over what he does with his life. He's not forced to attend interviews or discuss mass shootings. However, I do feel that he is probably depressed and suffering on the inside. Even though I don't like him at all, I do understand why he feels that way.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dave Cullen whines about his hard life   cullen - Dave Cullen whines about his hard life - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dave Cullen whines about his hard life
Page 1 of 1