Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Gay

Go down 
+7
Jbow89
Moonshadow
Freezingmoon
Lizpuff
shades
Nirvana92
NotYourRobot
11 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 75099
Forum Reputation : 0

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 8:27 pm

I wonder why this rumor/story even came up. I read in Cullen's book that one of th jock guys said this about the Trenchcoat Mafia.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana92

Nirvana92

Contribution Points : 83714
Forum Reputation : 80

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 9:21 pm

Because teenagers love to start rumors, and the media loved eating those rumors up in the weeks after the attack. People were so desperate for an answer that nothing was too far fetched. I imagine Evan Todd's "call the weird kids faggots to get rid of them" remark probably didnt help things either.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 80236
Forum Reputation : 38

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 10:55 pm

I hate this mindset that two straight male friends can't be close and loyal to one another.

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 96674
Forum Reputation : 1190

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:23 am

Well there was a rumor going around that the TCM was made up of gay people. That all the guys were gay and the girls had to sleep with them to join.

Joe Stair and Eric Dutro used to "kiss" each other. They were not gay but were doing it to freak the other kids out and it did.

Some still believe that rumor even though it isn't true and most def was not true for Eric and Dylan

I think Cullen would love to believe Dylan was gay though

shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:51 am

The TCM seemed to do the edgy thing where it would be funny to freak people out with how they were okay being sexually open and experimental with one another. Like, if they were the tcm today they would be chanting about pride down the hallway with rainbow dyed hair. Because of all that goofing off people then thought that they were all
possibly gay and by association assumed the same for Eric and Dylan.

Edit: holy shit I just realised the amount of typos by the end of my sentence.

Last edited by ultraviolencelv on Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Freezingmoon

Freezingmoon

Contribution Points : 77995

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 8:23 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I hate this mindset that two straight male friends can't be close and loyal to one another.
Yep, I agree. It's really sad that if two guys aren't big tough jocks slaying the ladies, then they must be gay.... According to our screwed up culture.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2016 11:24 pm

Also I think that scene in Elephant where the two guys showered together and then started to make out because they were going to die that day so it implied they didn't wanna die virgins, may have added to the whole gay myth between Eric and Dylan. I remember talking to a Friend about Columbine and the first thing they said to me was oh and the shooters were gay right? That's why they felt attacked? And I was like no! That was just in the movie. The movie isn't a 100% exact account to Eric and Dylan's lives.

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 72381

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2016 8:32 am

Freezingmoon wrote:
ultraviolencelv wrote:
Yep, I agree. It's really sad that if two guys aren't big tough jocks slaying the ladies, then they must be gay.... According to our screwed up culture.

May I join the club? I find it very sad: in this twisted culture where we need to live in, friendship and loyalty are totally alien things. And so, when they happen to occur, everyone says "They must have been gays!"

Cuckoo
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75485

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 11:21 pm

As a gay guy, I always assumed Eric was gay and tried to hide it by being homophobic
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 3:23 am

Jbow89 wrote:
As a gay guy, I always assumed Eric was gay and tried to hide it by being homophobic
I would like to know why you think Eric was gay and what about him gave that away?

Moonshadow

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 8:44 am

Jbow89 wrote:

It is true that many gay people - who are unwilling or unable to accept their own gayness and are in denial about it - show homophobic attitudes. Just to compensate their negative feelings towards themselves.
But, I am not sure that there aren't any other reasons for someone to be homophobic. What do you think? And, what does your intuition say?
Back to top Go down
Jbow89

Contribution Points : 75485

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm not sure why I think Eric was gay, it's just a feeling I get from reading his writings and watching what little clips of video we have of them.

I was never homophobic despite being in the closet until 25. I do have a friend that was very homophobic and he recently started coming out. He was bullied in school and I guess he didn't want the bullies to find out they were right. You get called gay by everyone you're going to do whatever it takes to prove you're not.

There are people who are homophobic who really aren't gay. Mostly because of religion. As we know a Eric was far from religious lol.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:09 am

Eric wasn't gay. He drooled and boned up at the sight of that girl's thighs.

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:11 am

Eric's homophobic statements was the result of how conservative it was back in the 90s and how it would look more normal if everyone agreed that gay was gross. It's nothing like today where literally anybody has gay best friends and going to gay pride and stuff like that. If he were to be open and okay with gay people at that time he would get so much shit from it. He's just saying things that others would say.

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72972
Forum Reputation : 211

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:42 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Eric wasn't gay. He drooled and boned up at the sight of that girl's thighs.

He could have been bisexual. In my experience, those who get abnormally angered at the thought/sight of gay people, have something to hide subconsciously.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:54 am

Amarantha wrote:
He could have been bisexual. In my experience, those who get abnormally angered at the thought/sight of gay people, have something to hide subconsciously.
I'm open to that. I won't dispute that. But we never really know.

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 1:55 am

And how come Eric's more possibly to like guys than Dylan?

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 5:48 am

ultraviolencelv wrote:
Jbow89 wrote:
I would like to know why you think Eric was gay and what about him gave that away?

You guys say that about anyone who shows any kind of distaste for men liking other men. People are allowed to be grossed out by it, doesn't mean they're secretly gay.
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 74676
Forum Reputation : 25

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2016 6:01 pm

I agree with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. I think something we need to consider is the time period columbine took place in and remember that homosexuality was in the very early stages of being accepted in the 90s. Being considered as gay was often seen as an insult, as people (mainly teenagers) used the word "gay" as a synonym to words like "lame". Kids were bashed and mocked if other kids even suspected they were gay, and most of the time they weren't.  Guys especially were pretty dramatic with their homophobia; always out to make it very clear that they were definitely certainly 100% NOT gay. At least that's how I remember it.

Eric's homophobic rantings to me just reflect the ridiculous levels of homophobia that were common at the time. But I also rank it with his comments about being racist. It all probably comes back to shock value and his desperation to be seen as this hardcore, emotionless tough guy. I don't think his extreme ranting about hating gays was his way of covering up his sexuality. He has hateful extreme rants about a lot of things, and in my opinion he wanted to be portrayed as this scary, badass, infamous figure that would be talked about long after the shooting.
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 75099

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 6:35 pm

I know that this will cause quite a bit of uproar, but honestly I wonder if there were any gay feelings there between E and D, not consciously of course but both were good looking, it seems insane that they couldn't find a girlfriend. I think some of there anger was internal.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2016 8:38 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
I know that this will cause quite a bit of uproar,  but honestly I wonder if there were any gay feelings there between E and D, not consciously of course but both were good looking, it seems insane that they couldn't find a girlfriend. I think some of there anger was internal.

I seriously doubt it.They loved each other as brothers but otherwise I think they were very heterosexual .

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 4:21 am

I have thought about it, but I don't think the closeness they shared between one another is that of a homosexual kind meaning they want to touch each other or have sex, but the most platonic kind possible where they feel appreciative of one another, comfortable, trustworthy and all that. If they could stick together through turmoil and in death that's the kind of connection much closer than even those in relationships. A connection such as that is so rare especially between two straight guy friends.

Moonshadow

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:22 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
I have thought about it, but I don't think the closeness they shared between one another is that of a homosexual kind meaning they want to touch each other or have sex, but the most platonic kind possible where they feel appreciative of one another, comfortable, trustworthy and all that. If they could stick together through turmoil and in death that's the kind of connection much closer than even those in relationships. A connection such as that is so rare especially between two straight guy friends.

Thumbs up, again! Basketball

I have nothing to add. Have already said that I do envy their closeness. Feeling appreciative, comfortable, being able to stick together in turmoil and death... (this is why I could not help but download that "very last" picture of them.)
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84421
Forum Reputation : 13

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:22 pm

NotYourRobot wrote:
I know that this will cause quite a bit of uproar,  but honestly I wonder if there were any gay feelings there between E and D, not consciously of course but both were good looking, it seems insane that they couldn't find a girlfriend. I think some of there anger was internal.

I highly doubt it, as much as people like Cullen would love to believe it! lol

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
ThoughtBox

ThoughtBox

Contribution Points : 84421
Forum Reputation : 13

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 5:24 pm

PaintItBlack wrote:
NotYourRobot wrote:

I seriously doubt it.They loved each other as brothers but otherwise I think they were very heterosexual .

I wouldn't exactly say they loved each other like brothers, I feel that's a bit of a stretch. They used each other for their own purposes, in the grand scheme of things, and I think there are many threads on this forum taking up that topic.

“Despair is the price one pays for self-awareness. Look deeply into life, and you'll always find despair.” -- Irvin D. Yalom, MD
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 97066
Forum Reputation : 52

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 9:36 pm

ThoughtBox wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
NotYourRobot wrote:

I wouldn't exactly say they loved each other like brothers, I feel that's a bit of a stretch. They used each other for their own purposes, in the grand scheme of things, and I think there are many threads on this forum taking up that topic.

I realize that others see it differently but that is my belief about their friendship.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Amarantha

Amarantha

Contribution Points : 72972
Forum Reputation : 211

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 6:17 am

x5000x wrote:
People are allowed to be grossed out by it

Hint: if you're grossed out by two people expressing love for each other, regardless of their sexual orientation, there's a bug in the system.

I would understand being grossed out by something that's actually threatening to your survival and existence (i.e. bacteria, deformative diseases, close contact with corpses & so on), but there's no reason at all to be abnormally disgusted to the point you want to hurt somebody, like Eric did, just because he has different tastes from you.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2016 6:41 am

Then that's what homophobia is all about, which we have debated as to whether Eric really was that or not. I don't think he was, I know I have no prove, and I think he just wrote those hateful remarks for shock value and cause it's prob the norm then to be weirded out by gay people.

Gay Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gay   Gay Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gay
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: