Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Oslo, the 22th July 2011

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

Contribution Points : 71881
Forum Reputation : 0

Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Empty
PostSubject: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 3:48 pm

We have discussed some details about this terroraction with [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], and agreed in that it would be worth to start a new topic for this happening, consequences and opinions.

I wonder if anyone is interested in extra info - I followed only the Norwegian media after the happenings. So I don't accurately know how the things are/were covered, but if someone of you wants to know something that the international media did not cover, I might check it out!

The whole country is still affected by the happenings, and there is literally no-one who is not related to the tragedies in a direct or indirect way.
(I did not know any of the victims, but a colleague of my love's father actually lost his son who was laid to rest in the cemetery that is a 10 mins walk from our place.)

Last edited by Moonshadow on Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sscc

Contribution Points : 83282
Forum Reputation : 598

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 4:50 pm

I don't know that much about this one because I assumed that it was purely political at first but more recently I've read things about Breivik that seem to suggest that the political beliefs came along much later in his life and that he was always a bit odd. Do you think he might have done something like this anyway even if he had never come across the anti-Islam content that apparently motivated him? I read something where a person was comparing his acts to those of American school shooters rather than political terrorists but I don't yet know whether I believe that this is true. Maybe they were trying to undermine his political motives by suggesting this?

(If you can still change the title, it should read 22 July 2011)
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:23 pm

Thank you for the warning! Stupid me. First I wrote July, became unsure, changed it to June, and now you warn me... (Have had 3 hours of sleep, but this is not an excuse. And not funny at all.)
Sorry. Really sorry for that.

I have always thought that Breivik's personal problems came first. The political ideology came only thereafter, and it was way too much in synchron with his hatred and negativeness.
So, I assume had it not been the anti-Islam attitude, he would surely have had found another hateful ideology to justify his acts.

Hm, interesting thought! I have always known that he is a very immature person, probably fixated in a 15...16 year old teen (his fantasies would be totally normal for a youngster of that age), and I noticed that most of his victims on Utøya were young. And now, you say that you read that this rather resembles to school shootings...
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 79736
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:38 pm

Anders is gonna take me awhile to study. Because I did have prior knowledge on this for abit before deciding to read up about him, but he is an interesting and aggravating character and the best part is - this fucker is still alive. I will try to ask questions or contribute to this thread but as I've previously told ya [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I will be late to the party so my bad in advance silent

shades

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Here's a picture of Anders back in March this year, head looking like I could play toss.

shades

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 5:49 pm

For general reference, Anders' lovely manifesto: Complete Manifesto “2083 – A European Declaration of Independence” [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Question! Has anyone gone through the entire thing or at least half of it?

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 6:12 pm

I did, back in 2012. Never again. I wonder why he did not do something more useful with his time? (It is not a question why I did not do something more useful. I wanted to torture myself.)
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2016 6:47 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Here's a picture of Anders back in March this year, head looking like I could play toss.
He looks rather pleased with himself.

Moonshadow wrote:
Thank you for the warning! Stupid me. First I wrote July, became unsure, changed it to June, and now you warn me... (Have had 3 hours of sleep, but this is not an excuse. And not funny at all.)
Sorry. Really sorry for that.
No apology necessary. Just trying to help out. I was wondering if someone would make this thread when the possibility was brought up in the other thread but like @ultraviolencelv said, I don't know enough to participate much yet.

Last edited by sscc on Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Moonshadow

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]: yes, as usually. Though I seriously think it was a very bad idea to get his hair cut so short. I understand he would love to look so absolutely right-wing, but there are many bald guys who have nothing to do with this ideology.

On some of the trial pictures, he seems to behave as if he was not the condemned, but actually as if he was the statsadvokat (is "prosecutor" the right English term for this?) who leads the trial.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 3:55 pm

He looks like a potato.

Moonshadow

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 5:03 pm

I think no matter what style he chooses, this disturbing and dishonest look in his eyes makes him ugly.

Earlier, he looked like an unsuccessful actor (who would like to think he is so irresistably attractive, but he isn't), but now... oh no! Potatoes would feel offended, seeing his pathetic attempt to be one of them. They look nicer.
I wonder why he doesn't file against the state (again), for not letting him have a personal stylist?!
(Yes, I meant to be sarcastic.)
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 26, 2016 12:21 pm

I would like to share this excerpt off of the book, highlights the beginning of the attack and I think it is immensely interesting as some of you have pointed out before how Anders was freaking out before shooting a person. Almost wanting to back out and feeling anxious and everything. As compared to Eric and Dylan, I’m not sure if they felt the same way Anders did but we just have no account of it, but for Anders to go from level 1 up until leaving almost NO ONE alive on that island, this man is an interesting fucked up character.

I’m not sure if it’s the last bit of remorse he had (but impossible considering he did the bombing and killed people beforehand), he was nervous about shooting a human being point blank and he hasn’t done that before, or if it was the rush of possibly getting caught last minute because he was in a replica policeman outfit and people were already finding him suspicious. Either way, here we go. The ‘He’ refers to Anders and through his POV.

Quote :
“He suddenly felt paralysed. His limbs felt heavy, his muscles stiffened, his nerves seemed numbed. He felt a sense of dread. He wasn’t going to pull this off. Berntsen went over to exchange a few words with one of the Norwegian People’s Aid volunteers, a woman who had come over on the boat. 'Odd guy’, he said, referring to the policeman. But the woman, shaken by the bomb attack, was in a hurry to go up and join her colleagues in the camp. She merely nodded. Trond Berntsen turned back to the little group at the landing stage.
'When are the other two arriving?’ he asked the bogus PST man.
Under his police outfit, his heart was pounding, he was sweating and breathing uneven.
I don’t feel like remotely doing this, was the thought running through his head as he stood there with Monica Bøsei and the guards.
'They’ll be here later,’ he replied.
'Do you know Jørn?’ Berntsen asked suddenly.
Breivik shrugged. It could be a trick question. There might not be a 'Jørn’. Or pehaps Jørn was somebody that anyone who worked for the PST would be bound to know.
He had to take control of the situation or he would be done for. He pulled himself together and put an end to the interrogation by suggesting they go up to the main building. He could brief them on the bomb in Oslo there. Berntsen gave Breivik an appraising look and then nodded, leading the way up to the slope.”

“'Now or never. It’s now or never.’
The Commander of the Norwegian anti-communist resistance movement took a few steps up the slope behind Berntsen. On his feet he wore black army boots. The spurs on the heels were hidden in the wet grass.
He had a firm grip on Gungnir, which was still covered by the black bin liner. Mjølnir was in the holster on his thigh.
His body was fighting against it, his muscles were twitching. He felt he would never be able to go through with it. A hundred voices in his head were screaming; Don’t do it, don’t do it, don’t do it!
I must either let myself be caught now or carry through what I have planned, he thought as he reached the point where the hill grew steeper. He forced his right hand down to his thigh, unfastened the holster, took hold of the pistol. There was a bullet waiting in the chamber, seventeen more were ready in the magazine. The case and three thousand cartridges inside had been driven to the main building, closed and locked. The key was in his pocket.
Three people were ahead of him, two behind. If they started suspecting anything, they could overpower him.
So. Now. He slowly raised the Glock and pointed it at Berntsen.
'NO!’ cried Monica. 'You mustn’t point it at him like that!’
He fired at the guard’s head. Monica Bøsei turned but there was no time to run. The bullet hit her at close range.”

I thought these parts were interesting where he was half-expecting to be shot back, and also, actually telling the victims to run and not turn back.

Quote :
“He ran up the hill, expecting to be shot in the back. ‘Run for your lives!’ he shouted to everyone he met.
Screams filled the air. The killer was breathing rapidly.
From now on, everything would be easy.
His eyes, his body, his brain, his hand, they were all coordinated. “

“Run! Just run! Don’t look back!” cried Anders.
Breivik opened fire on them with the rifle, from the range of thirty or forty meters. The bullets scorched towards them at eight hundred metres a second. They splintered the trees, smashed into the trunks, hit bodies, a foot, an arm, a shoulder, a back. The young people stumbled, ran on, vanishing among the trees.”

*His rifle had the name Gungnir, while his Glock pistol bore the name Mjölnir. Sounds like someone we know doesn’t it.

Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124059
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 2:05 am

You can download an epub copy of the book about this incident here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 98018
Forum Reputation : 154

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 11:13 am

I'm just getting to what happened afterwards now and it might well explain it in the book - there were seemingly loads on things the police did wrong in this case like at Columbine.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 27, 2016 12:19 pm

The whole diversion with the bombing reminds us so much of Columbine too.

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2016 3:07 pm

I came across this article today

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oslo, the 22th July 2011   Oslo, the 22th July 2011 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oslo, the 22th July 2011
Page 1 of 1