Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patrick's crawl

Go down 
+3
Lizpuff
shades
NotYourRobot
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NotYourRobot

Contribution Points : 73849
Forum Reputation : 0

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:36 am

Is there a diagram or something showing which path he took? I know he didn't hear much but I wonder what he saw. Did he know people were dead, I remember in Cullen's book he found out about Corey I think from the tv while in the hospital.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Contribution Points : 78986
Forum Reputation : 38

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 am

Good question. I'd like to know too. I wonder if investigators took note of a blood trail or something. I doubt he was conscious enough to make out if bodies around him were dead or alive though he prob assumed they were all dead and focused on getting to the window.

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:14 am

True and I doubt he had much movement, other than towards the window of course, considering he was partially paralyzed and had to push himself forward on his back. The only dead bodies he might've seen are Eric, Dylan, Matt, or Isaiah (Cassie was to far away I think).
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:43 am

This isn't exact, but we know where Pat was when he fell after being shot, and that he climbed out near the chairs. So you can kinda find the path from that.[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 am

That's a pretty strenuous path for his condition. Man if pat wasn't a fighter or what.

spinvault

Contribution Points : 72578

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:47 am

It really is remarkable that he was able to pull himself over to the windows, as I am sure there were turned over chairs, books and all types of debris littering the floor. I wonder if the smoke had cleared or was it still smoky from all the pipe bombs and gunshots. I also wonder since he had 2 gunshot wounds to the head could he comprehend what he saw or just think oh that's another obstacle in my way and try to go around it. I am sure he went in and out of conciousness as pulling himself on his back partially paralyzed with a gunshot wound to his foot was exhausting and he had to be losing a lot of blood. It truly was remakable, but it probably saved his life. Had he stayed and waited to be rescued he possibly could have died before any help arrived.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:50 am

I'm gonna assume his vision was gritty throughout and he made sure to focus on the light, regardless of what was in his way. and as he said himself, thankfully SWAT was outside and saw him so they could get him.

Lizpuff

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:53 am

spinvault wrote:
It really is remarkable that he was able to pull himself over to the windows, as I am sure there were turned over chairs, books and all types of debris littering the floor. I wonder if the smoke had cleared or was it still smoky from all the pipe bombs and gunshots. I also wonder since he had 2 gunshot wounds to the head could he comprehend what he saw or just think oh that's another obstacle in my way and try to go around it. I am sure he went in and out of conciousness as pulling himself on his back partially paralyzed with a gunshot wound to his foot was exhausting and he had to be losing a lot of blood. It truly was remakable, but it probably saved his life. Had he stayed and waited to be rescued he possibly could have died before any help arrived.

I bet it was still smoky but being near the floor it would have been a bit more clear. He only had one side to push. It is a true miracle that boy survived.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Here's a pretty good recap video of his escape on footage and him talking about it. He actually visited the school again.

spinvault

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 10:59 am

Fortunately, SWAT caught him as it looked like they weren't ready when he fell out of the window.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:07 am

spinvault wrote:
Fortunately, SWAT caught him as it looked like they weren't ready when he fell out of the window.

nope. According to the Swat team, they were yelling at Pat to stay where he was and they would get him. Pat was so out of it and just kept trying to get out and they had to literally catch him as he fell.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Contribution Points : 77292
Forum Reputation : 25

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:08 am

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for providing that diagram, could you tell me...is the bright green spot where he was shot and the red star where he escaped?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 11:21 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] for providing that diagram, could you tell me...is the bright green spot where he was shot and the red star where he escaped?

Yep. Green is around where he started and red was approx where he exited.
Back to top Go down

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:14 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Thanks for great video.

If you pause it 1:16 you will see a table on the right. Something blue-white is lying under it. Is it Cassie's table?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:33 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
If you pause it 1:16 you will see a table on the right. Something blue-white is lying under it. Is it Cassie's table?
Yeah that part that you paused, was a screenshot that had been going around Tumblr and people asking if the blue-white you pointed out was Cassie's legs or arms. I think it's not her and if I can recall on the diagram discussion awhile back that table might be hers but I am not absolutely sure and am welcome to be wrong.

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:40 pm

Looked at diagram for a while. It may be Table 18 (unoccupied) or Table 19 (Cassie). Maybe if someone remaster video we'll be able to see Dylan's trench coat. Sadly, I found no information how she was dressed that day.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:50 pm

It looked more like a chair to me. I do see a table area, upon initial view I thought it was a chair.

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73426

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 3:06 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
Looked at diagram for a while. It may be Table 18 (unoccupied) or Table 19 (Cassie). Maybe if someone remaster video we'll be able to see Dylan's trench coat. Sadly, I found no information how she was dressed that day.

Somewhere in the 11k one of the witnesses in the library said that cassie was wearing a green shirt. It might have been Bree Pascal who said this. She was apparently somewhere across from cassie and saw her get shot
Back to top Go down
NotYourRobot

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 3:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
How far is that you think from where he started, green, to the window, red?
In that fire department "training" video you can see some of the bloody trail marks left by Patrick
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121538
Forum Reputation : 1001

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

From where Patrick started at Table 15 on his path to Window 5 is around 40 feet

Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 1:19 am

Poor guy. He crawled past his deceased friends and all the mess, the carnage.

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 9:00 am

I bet you though girls were all over him for being such a hero afterwards. His fiancee at the time looked so possessive of him cyclops

spinvault

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 10:44 am

I just realized how close Patrick was to the bodies of Eric and Dylan. It seems possible he did hear Dylan coughing after he shot himself. I don't know if I could have gone back into that school like he did in August. Truly remakable.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 7:34 pm

I didn't realize how close they were to him either. You could be right, it could've been Dylan coughing...his inhalation of blood from the not-so-instant method of killing himself...what a horrible way to go. Maybe he wanted to experience "death"? Maybe when he saw the damage Eric did by blowing his brains out that his death was obviously instant and he didn't want that? Maybe he wanted to suffer a little before dying? I guess we'll never know....
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 5:30 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
I didn't realize how close they were to him either. You could be right, it could've been Dylan coughing...his inhalation of blood from the not-so-instant method of killing himself...what a horrible way to go. Maybe he wanted to experience "death"?  Maybe when he saw the damage Eric did by blowing his brains out that his death was obviously instant and he didn't want that?  Maybe he wanted to suffer a little before dying?  I guess we'll never know....

I am not so sure Pat saw that. I think he was full on focused on getting out of the library. If he did see it, I think he most likely thought it might have been sort of an imagination in a dream state....or perhaps he forgot due to his other issues.

In any case if he did see what Eric and Dylan did to themselves first hand he has never shared so like you said we will never know.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 7:36 pm

I'm sorry, I should've clarified in my post that when I said "maybe he wanted to experience death" I meant Dylan...not Patrick. I am talking about Dylan choosing an almost delayed suicide method of shooting yourself in the head. You're right, I very much highly doubt Patrick saw anything occur when E & D killed themselves....but maybe he did hear it subconsciously...?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 5:44 am

TaylorsMom wrote:
I'm sorry, I should've clarified in my post that when I said "maybe he wanted to experience death"  I meant Dylan...not Patrick. I am talking about Dylan choosing an almost delayed suicide method of shooting yourself in the head. You're right, I very much highly doubt Patrick saw anything occur when E & D killed themselves....but maybe he did hear it subconsciously...?  

Yea I am pretty sure he heard it whether or not he remembers. I hope he doesn't for his sake though that would be a terrible thing to recall later in life.

I think Dylan's form of suicide was mostly just stupidity on his part. I think he saw that on movies and thought a bullet to the temple would kill him

A while back [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] who works in the medical field stated that it was her opinion that even if Dylan was able to move cough etc after the shot he most likely would have been doing it as an autonomous response and that he would not have been conscious. That was a new and interesting thought to me.
Back to top Go down
TaylorsMom

TaylorsMom

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 2:46 pm

Thanks [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], that's a very interesting thought...I will have to look back to read that thread. For some reason I find their suicides to be a huge mystery in ways and I'd love to learn more about them...especially from someone in the medical field!
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeFri Sep 23, 2016 3:10 pm

Man I wonder where [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been speaking of which study

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2016 2:44 am

shades wrote:
Man I wonder where [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] has been speaking of which study

I'm here. I haven't died..yet. I haven't been on in months. I am dealing with serious medical issues right now on top of trying to work when I can.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patrick's crawl Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrick's crawl   Patrick's crawl Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Patrick's crawl
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Documents, Evidence, and Videos-
Jump to: