Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

people here dislike Brooks Brown?

Go down 
+5
spidEr
Lizpuff
sororityalpha
Jenn
Lunkhead McGrath
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lunkhead McGrath

Contribution Points : 78861
Forum Reputation : 325

people here dislike Brooks Brown? Empty
PostSubject: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:32 pm

He's been called a liar in some of the old threads I was able to check out. What do people dislike about him?

Also, do you people like the film Zodiac, from 2007, directed by David Fincher? I think it's a ten star masterpiece through and through in spite of some inaccuracies (hell, a lot of inaccuracies I guess.) This is in spite of Robert Graysmith being an absolutely godawful writer.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 121131
Forum Reputation : 1024

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2016 8:56 pm

Well prior to March, 2013 the only problem I had with Brooks is that I thought he kind of used Columbine to get attention. He would constantly say that he put that part of his life behind him but then out of no where, he'd be back in the spotlight either on Facebook or Reddit where he did an "Ask Me Anything" about Columbine. And a lot of the time his answers were short, snarky and sarcastic. But..OK, all that is fine, I didn't really care about him one way or the other. If he wanted to use Columbine to get himself more attention that's fine.

Then...in March, 2013 he was back in the spotlight AGAIN and this time it was on Tumblr. Well someone else on Tumblr released all these conversations, photos and videos that Brooks sent to a 16 year old girl. He apparently thought she was a "human doll" and he was begging her to let him "break her". He sent her photos and videos of himself masturbating. She was 16. Right after this happened, he once again disappeared from all social media. He never made any kind of statement regarding this, that I am aware of. A lot of people don't think it was actually him, but come on, she had pictures of his face as well. So for me personally, that is why I do not like Brooks Brown. I think he is using his connection to Columbine to get attention and take advantage of these young fans. And I have yet to see any proof that it wasn't him who did all of this. There are tons of screen shots on the internet of the conversations he had with this girl clearly showing his Facebook account at the time.

So..I'll leave you with that and you can decide.

QuestionMark and captainbaculum like this post

Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: huhhhh   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:21 am

Oh okay. I meant like had he lied about Columbine details or made things up. I'd read through a lot of the Reddit AMA. I've always wondered how many Columbine "name" people (victims or just other people who came to light) were in that 1999 class photo with the guys making the shooter gestures in the upper left hand corner. (I only recognize E&D, Nate Dykeman, and Brooks Brown.)

I was curious as to how Brooks could be perceived as a liar since I thought his book was viewed as the anti-Dave Cullen and figured everyone here totally hated Dave Cullen (I'm on the fence about his book, really--how many of the girls who "like" Dylan seem to forget him calling Isaiah Shoels the N-word, or blowing away a special needs student like Kyle Velasquez?)

I also noted that neither Kelly Fleming nor Kyle Velasquez were mentioned once in the Cullen book, nor was Hitmen for Hire or the 1999 class photo, the two most intriguing pieces of evidence (I really wonder if the Basement Tapes are actually that interesting/haunting.)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:50 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:

Oh okay.  I meant like had he lied about Columbine details or made things up. I'd read through a lot of the Reddit AMA.  I've always wondered how many Columbine "name" people (victims or just other people who came to light) were in that 1999 class photo with the guys making the shooter gestures in the upper left hand corner.  (I only recognize E&D, Nate Dykeman, and Brooks Brown.)  

I was curious as to how Brooks could be perceived as a liar since I thought his book was viewed as the anti-Dave Cullen and figured everyone here totally hated Dave Cullen (I'm on the fence about his book, really--how many of the girls who "like" Dylan seem to forget him calling Isaiah Shoels the N-word, or blowing away a special needs student like Kyle Velasquez?)

I also noted that neither Kelly Fleming nor Kyle Velasquez were mentioned once in the Cullen book, nor was Hitmen for Hire or the 1999 class photo, the two most intriguing pieces of evidence (I really wonder if the Basement Tapes are actually that interesting/haunting.)    
Zack Heckler and Robyn Anderson were also in the class photo. Nate was in the photo but he was not up top with Dylan and Eric. That was Eric, Dylan and Robyn up top and then Brooks and Zack in the 2nd row. Did Brooks lie? Well he did admit to being a liar. If you've read one of Eric's rants he carries on about all this ridiculous stuff that Brooks was saying that he knew were lies (for example his batting average, how much money he had, houses his family owned) stuff like that. Columbine though? I don't know. He says that he encountered Eric as he left the school to smoke a cigarette and then he walked home for lunch.

I guess it's very possible he did talk to Eric because he was seen walking down the street shortly after he claimed to have had his talk with Eric. But with him being a known liar, I'm not sure if it's true or not. Official reports of the investigation have it as being true so I'm not going to say he was definitely lying because honestly, I don't know, but I do have doubts.

Brooks' book is usually recommended over Cullen's and Brooks' book usually does get positive reviews from the people who've read it. Cullen's book is disliked by so many people because he flat out lied and made stuff up. Brooks didn't do that in his book. He may have made his friendship with the boys seem like more than it actually was but Brooks was friends with them and he did know them and he did know what went on at Columbine, all that is true.

Cullen made up all this ridiculous stuff about Eric being popular and being a ladies man and getting all these dates. And then he said that Eric was in this relationship with some girl named Brenda Parker who is just a fan girl that admitted to lying but Cullen still put it in the book anyways. Then he portrayed Dylan as this sad, pathetic, emo follower of Eric's. When in reality, it was Dylan who came up with the idea of NBK and named it NBK. In fact, Eric was not even Dylan's first choice to "go NBK" with. It was some girl he was obsessed with.

As for the fangirls loving these murderers. Well, they make excuses for them. They say that Dylan and Eric were bullied so it was OK for them to murder these kids. And most of the kids that they did murder had no idea who Dylan and Eric were. And Dylan and Eric both admitted to bullying other kids themselves.

Edit: Sorry, I meant that was Zack Heckler in the class photo not Chris Morris.

Last edited by Jenn on Tue Nov 22, 2016 1:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 126349
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 22, 2016 12:56 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Top from left to right: Eric Harris, Dylan Klebold, Robyn Anderson.

Bottom from left to right: Brooks Brown, Zach Heckler.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 2:56 am

Thanks for the info on the class picture. I may read Brooks' book someday but I'm going probably to pass on reading Sue Klebold's or the book about Cassie Bernall. I really only care about whether or not Brooks lied about Columbine. I thought most of the AMA was of moderate interest.

To be fair (not that this will revive Cullen's standing with anybody here, I suppose) Cullen did issue a 2016 version of his book, with a new foreword and new epilogue and some pics, mostly of Dylan's He deleted all the stuff about Brenda Parker and apologized for falling for it in the new foreword. However his new epilogue (mostly discussion of subsequent shootings) contains the cringe inducing line about Dylan "What a sweet, loving kid. Most of his life anyway." I wonder how "sweet" Dylan was when he was saying vile racial epithets about Isaiah Shoels. This in comparison to Eric whom he compares to a bug under a microscope. Seriously Cullen seems to have some sort of crush on Dylan! I like some aspects of the book though anyway. (Hey, Truman Capote and Vincent Bugliosi had some embellishments in their classic books too!....and Cullen will never be as bad a writer as Robert Graysmith!)

captainbaculum likes this post

Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 98449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2016 8:32 am

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
Thanks for the info on the class picture.  I may read Brooks' book someday but I'm going probably to pass on reading Sue Klebold's or the book about Cassie Bernall.  I really only care about whether or not Brooks lied about Columbine.  I thought most of the AMA was of moderate interest.  

To be fair (not that this will revive Cullen's standing with anybody here, I suppose) Cullen did issue a 2016 version of his book, with a new foreword and new epilogue and some pics, mostly of Dylan's He deleted all the stuff about Brenda Parker and apologized for falling for it in the new foreword.  However his new epilogue (mostly discussion of subsequent shootings) contains the cringe inducing line about Dylan "What a sweet, loving kid.  Most of his life anyway."  I wonder how "sweet" Dylan was when he was saying vile racial epithets about Isaiah Shoels.  This in comparison to Eric whom he compares to a bug under a microscope.  Seriously Cullen seems to have some sort of crush on Dylan!  I like some aspects of the book though anyway.  (Hey, Truman Capote and Vincent Bugliosi had some embellishments in their classic books too!....and Cullen will never be as bad a writer as Robert Graysmith!)  

Well Cullen is gay so it would make sense to me that he is in love with "poor old sweet" Dylan
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 6:06 pm

That's also Alyssa Sechler in the top row, right of middle, right? The girl one of them had a crush on? That's the only other name I can think of.

Are we one hundred percent certain none of the victims are in the pic?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Jenn

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2016 9:05 pm

Lunkhead McGrath wrote:
That's also Alyssa Sechler in the top row, right of middle, right?  The girl one of them had a crush on?  That's the only other name I can think of.

Are we one hundred percent certain none of the victims are in the pic?
Well we don't actually have the entire photo but with what we do have, no, there are no other victims in the photo. This photo was only for seniors (12th grade) and I think the only 2 victims that were seniors were Isiah and Lauren.

About Cullen and him admitting the story with Brenda never happened, that's fine but there are still a bunch of other lies in it and his portrayal of Dylan and Eric leave people believing what he is saying is the truth. That Eric is a psychopath and Dylan an emo follower. And that is not true. There is no way in hell Eric could be diagnosed as a "psychopath" after he is already dead. Him being a psychopath was based on his journal that he left behind. His journal that was written knowing people were going to read it after he was dead.

And then, again based on his journal, Cullen makes it out like Dylan was so sad and depressed and was manipulated into doing the shooting by Eric. That is not true either. Dylan was carrying on about wanting to kill people when he was 15 or 16 years. We've gone over this so many times in the past 4 years and I guess people will just believe what they want to believe and that's it but I would take Cullen's entire book with a grain of salt. What the book should be called is "Loosely based on Columbine". Cullen still won't admit that he lied about Eric.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 29, 2016 1:38 pm

Haha ! Glad to see someone who loathes Graysmith as much as I do Smile

Anyway - I'm pretty neutral on Brooks. His book was good, and I think he did give at least a few answers, but , unfortunately, not the ones I wanted. But, to be fair, I'm not sure anyone could give those answers other than Eric & Dylan themselves, as I wanted honest answers about their home lives. Were either of them abused in any way ? Were the parents truly involved, or was it more passive parenting that appeared involved ? What was in Eric's therapy records ? Those sorts of things.
Back to top Go down
Lunkhead McGrath

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 30, 2016 12:15 pm

"Haha ! Glad to see someone who loathes Graysmith as much as I do"

I think lots and lots of people interested in the Zodiac case hate Robert Graysmith. Hell, probably the *majority* of them do, although I think there's a small sliver of a chance that Arthur Leigh Allen really was guilty. At least Cullen doesn't write like a guy trying to spook a bunch of 12 year old suburbanites sitting around a campfire. And good lord that book "Zodiac Unmasked" is one of the most poorly organized messes ever published.

Personally I don't necessarily consider it important that Eric wrote his journals, etc. knowing that they'd be read after he died.

It's eerie to grow older and watch 1999 fade back into the distance like that. Happens to everybody I know but I wonder how dated that era looks to kids today, the same way the whole Atari era looked when I graduated (2001). Watching documentaries about NBK and seeing all these kids with bleached blonde bull-cuts and Abercrombie & Fitch and stuff. The green screen visuals in that Star Wars movie from that year look horrible. American Pie is another really interestingly dated movie from that period if you want to watch something about kids.

If you were born on 4/20/1999 you'd now be the same age as the killers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 6:02 am

Jenn wrote:
If you've read one of Eric's rants he carries on about all this ridiculous stuff that Brooks was saying that he knew were lies (for example his batting average, how much money he had, houses his family owned) stuff like that.

If you read Brooks' book, he discusses that. He excuses it as typical teenage talk to try to make himself appear to be a more interesting person. Not exactly honest but nothing that would make him a "known liar", except maybe to people who like to exaggerate as well.  But Eric likely took it as an insult to his intelligence, especially if Brooks had ever said these things in front of others when Eric was there and he didn't call him on it because he was his friend.

I've just recently read all the witness statements from the 11k report, and I never saw any bad comments about Brooks from any of the students.

He was seen by a number of people and his actions were well documented from the moment he left the school grounds to some time after. Those actions reveal a lot about the guy. So does his book. Given all that, I can find no reason to think that he had any foreknowledge or involvement, and I believe he was being completely honest in his book with what he said there, even if he may have withheld some things.

I really feel for what Brooks had to go through. I've spent a lot of time thinking about it, trying to put myself in his place during those first minutes and hours, and I think what he had to deal with was excruciatingly more difficult than what most of the victims suffered. I don't think most people really understand that. I think what probably helped Brooks get through this was to put his chin up and try to face the public as well as he could and to be as open and honest as possible in order to find his own sense of healing and closure, but people are ruthless, and he's undoubtedly had a lot of animosity and hate and guilt and suspicion thrown at him over the years, so he will waver and even maybe show some human weaknesses from time to time, and in the process give people more ammunition to sling, but that's just the way things go, isn't it?

I think Brooks deserves some respect, not dislike.

He and his parents warned the cops about Eric and Dylan and what they were up to by showing them their website, and then they proved that the cops didn't do their jobs and stop this event from happening by sitting on their asses and doing nothing at all instead of investigating. Obviously Brooks had no idea what Eric was planning beyond what was on the website, or he would have disclosed that as well. Brooks did all that he could to stop this. His first action after he heard the first bomb go off and realized what was going on was to find a phone and call the police to report what he knew. Meanwhile, others who knew Eric and Dylan were walking around gloating that the two had gone through with it. Alex Marsh comes immediately to mind. There were others as well. And then there's Chris Morris, who knew about all the bomb-making activity and didn't report it, but was never charged for not doing so. Strange. But anyway, these people and many others deserve far more dislike and suspicion than Brooks. Some of them obviously knew what was being planned, even if they didn't know when it would happen or even if it actually would.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 11:48 am

Anthony Forwood wrote:
Alex Marsh comes immediately to mind. There were others as well. And then there's Chris Morris, who knew about all the bomb-making activity and didn't report it, but was never charged for not doing so. Strange.

A fair point. Brooks is in a rather rough position. He has maintained over the years that Eric let him go, so of course there will be some resentment there, and it's likely he struggled with some survivor's guilt . On the flip side, he's done some things, that while questionable, aren't really related to Columbine. And there's definitely some animosity there. As a parent, I can fully understand why. He has chosen to speak out, and without his account, we may not know as much as we do about what Eric and Dylan actually dealt with on a daily basis. This is why I'm neutral on him.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 1:54 pm

This post contains some of the evidence related to Brooks Brown:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2016 5:12 pm

sororityalpha wrote:

This post contains some of the evidence related to Brooks Brown:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Thanks. I looked at it all and that's pretty much everything I've already seen on him from the report.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 71851
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 12:18 pm

I like him, he always replies to my emails about Columbine. I have asked him about that Tumblr thing, he said its a complete lie and the photos that girl had were just taken from his old 2006 blog and his old myspace account. I'd need to be PM'ed those screenshots of his conversations.

If its that one of him holding up a sign, thats from a really old Q+A he did, he held up that sign that said his name to prove its really him, some troll made a FB account in his name, with that photo. It was not him. They even photoshopped the words of the troll onto the piece of paper. I use to have a copy of the original photo of him holding up that sign compared to the edited one.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 04, 2016 3:08 pm

Quote :
The Brooks Files! (links are not included here - search Google)

As promised…this is the infamous, sleazy chat files that took place between Brooks and a girl that went by the name ‘Alice’ and ‘Chloe’.  She was into the aesthetic of looking like a human doll. Apparently, she also trolled the Columbiner communities online and contacted Brooks on FB.  Brooks seemed to take a liking to her doll-like looking FB photo so decided to continue giving her the time of day chatting with her. Their conversations quickly devolved into sex chats.  There first convo took place October 7, 2012 on Facebook progressing to AIM October 23 through November possibly Decemeber-ish 2012 in which Brooks used his ancient AOL username ‘littletonpunkguy’ or hil gty while chatting with ‘Alice’.  

Here’s snippets from their convos with highlights:

Brooks and Alice - part 1    Brooks and Alice - part 2  

Brooks on E & D

For the entire chat transcript files between BB & Alice:  [X]

Warning!  read at your own risk for kinky sex content. What has been seen cannot be unseen. ;)

I don’t believe these are all of her chat transcripts but they are the ones that Alice chose to leak on Tumblr so we don’t really know how long they kept in touch and when their online shenanigans ended.  It must not have ended too well so that by the time Brooks crashed Tumblr she had it out for him being that creepy older guy trolling girls much younger than him and even into non legal, under aged girls as she had found out.  The chats between the two of them was a mutual kind of fuck-up.  He wanted the kinky scenario of making her his young, pure porcelain doll in which he spoke about breaking’ but in exchange, she told him he could have her as his possession as long as he would continue to comply and divulge insider information about Dylan and Eric.

Around the time period that these tawdry chats took place, Brooks ended up making some drastic lifestyle changes, he and his wife divorced and he ended up moving from the San Francisco Bay Area for LA.  He switched from LucasArts to working for James Cameron’s Lightstorm productions.

In March 2013, Brooks decided he wanted to give Tumblr a try as an experiment to expand his presence in social media.  He spent the first part of the week answering Q’A’s under his selected username ‘defens’ . A ¼ of the questions were about him and his video game careers and the majority was about, you guessed it! Columbine questions since Tumblr has a rather vast Columbiner community – which he should’ve known about and probably did.  Alice/Chloe had a Tumblr as ‘cherrypoppies’ and when she caught wind of his Tumblr appearance and decided that his creepy, pedo pursuit of her was something that other young girls should be aware, she decided to blow the whistle on Mr. Pedo brooks by posting the chats as well as his erotic masturbatory vids sent to her.  Within the span of one week, and a weekend maybe, of Brooks’ stint on Tumblr, his blog suddenly quietly vanished and his Facebook and Twitter was heavily filtered and on lock-down from the public and only open for people he knew.

The stilted, sophisticated, arrogant manner in which hil gty speaks to Alice comes across the way Brooks communicates online in both his Reddit and snarky Tumblr q/a answers.  There’s also clues as to why I feel it’s him besides the sheer volume of chat dialog.  Brooks seems evasivee to speak to Alice about Columbine and he refers to it as ‘sad’ which, in the past, seems to be his main adjective used to describe his feelings on Columbine in other instances. When he does finally divulge something to Alice, it’s like little snippets of good memory that he’d previously forgotten that seems to have popped into his head as in when he remembers doing lights with Dylan and Zach during the Bye, Bye Birdie production at Columbine or camping out for the re-release of Star Wars at the Continental Theatre (if you look it up, that theater checks out as having been one of the selected to show the re-releases in ‘97)  or watching ‘great and terrible’ movies in Zach’s basement.  His knee jerk sensitivity when she mentioned that he was ‘selling out’ sounds like him.  He denies that he’s used Columbine or that he’s lied not hasn’t made money off of it and yet there he is doing it - using Columbine by exploiting her for his own twisted sexual predatory ambiitions.  There’s just many components about the chatter’s style of speaking and what is said that makes it very convincing that it’s Brooks.

During the time this all leaked while I was in the midst of observing Brooks doing Tumblr answers and I even asked him a couple of questions myself, I just had that sinking feeling after seeing bits of the evidence that began to post all over. And then those gawd awful videos of him. It was a moment you wanted to bleach your eyes out.  It just seemed to all click and make a sick kind of sense. You know how that feels?  When you know something to be true even though you really wished it wasn’t.  My idea of who Brooks was vastly changed in the course of a week. He was no longer the role-model that had survived Columbine that wrote a book against anti-bullying and spoke in favor of his victim friends, Eric and Dylan.  No, Brooks had changed from what he was back in 2002 when he wrote No Easy.  Now, he was just an adult in his thirties with an unsatisfactory marriage who was looking for cheap sexual kink entertainment even at the expense of exploiting a young, but not so entirely innocent girl. Moot point whether her behavior was innocent or not at eighteen, he, as an adult male, ought to know better!  While, I don’t doubt that Brooks has done a lot of positive representation about Columbine in the past, he’s not doing a very good job of it these days.  It’s apparent to me that he’s made it out of Columbine as a warped individual.  He’s simultaneously runs away from Columbine yet comes back to it all at the same time by using Columbine as something to leverage his own video game career. And with this, he’s exploited Columbine as a sexual predatory to gain certain fantasy kink satisfactions.   The fact that she laid out the bait and he took it and wouldn’t let go, says a lot about his character. In knowing that she may actually be 15 and not 18, well, apparently, that was not a problem for him either. The idea that he’d get off on being a predatory with the satisfaction of soiling her virginal purity and ‘breaking’ her even is just not healthy behavior.  He ought to know better but he apparently didn’t give a shit.  Since his Tumblr stint, I simply see Brooks with a very different lens. Others prefer to ignore this incident and to still see him as that great Columbine ‘celebrity’ but I don’t really see him as being helpful to youth the way he had been in the early days when he really gave a fuck.    Brook’s is weary of Columbine. Who can fault him for that?  But when he uses Columbine to garner attention or exploits Eric and Dylan memories to obtain a teenage girl to satisfy his kinky perversions, it’s just for all the very wrong reasons to keeps himself associated with the tragedy.  Not to mention that it’s just scummy.  And why did he come on Tumblr?  He had to have known the plethora of  Columbiners who almost certainly would hound him for questions on the subject, most especially E & D, and yet he came here and mostly gave out snark answers about the subject.  In the end, Tumblr bit him in the ass and he tucked tail and left.  Funny that he had the arrogance to think he could do what he did in a chat with a girl and think that none of that might come back on him or his career. There is no easy answers for me about Brooks Brown after this incident which I personally believe to be the truth.  Anyway, the scandalous, cheap,and dirty ‘Brooks Files’ are now available. Take a look and judge for yourselves!

If anyone else was present during this epic Tumblr scandal (lol) and has anything to add about the incident, please do so. Smile
Back to top Go down
lasttrain

Contribution Points : 104463
Forum Reputation : 74

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeThu Dec 08, 2016 6:35 pm

I believe Brooks's claim about the conversation with Eric. The reason is that his testimony included lots of evidence about Eric's location, clothing, and gear that was not publicly available. Brooks also saw multiple people in the hours after the encounter and told them a very consistent story.
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 71851
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeSun Dec 11, 2016 1:49 pm

I'm sorry I still don't believe that tumblr thing the Alice person's username is 'cherry poppies' which happens to be the name of the band that a another person named Brooks Brown is a member of. And at one point people were editing the wiki articles to make it looks like CHS Brooks was the same person as that musician it turned into a whole inside joke among Columblrs. The fact that her username is that is a dead giveaway that she is just a troll and had it in for Brooks long before she had even got into contact with him.

As for his marriage problems, he has been with the same woman and is happily married to her for a long time and he is still with her.

There's also a Byron Klebold tumblr floating around that everyone thinks is legit.
Back to top Go down
jada887

jada887

Contribution Points : 77803
Forum Reputation : 175

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Who is the girl sitting next to Robyn Anderson in that photo? Was she Robyn's friend?

Anyway, my thoughts on Brooks Brown. I read Brooks' book many years ago when I was studying positive psychology at UPenn. I thought the book was genuine and honest, but that was because I didn't know much about Brooks Brown or Columbine. His book made me change my career path to social psychology, so I'll give him that much credit.

However, I found a few flaws in Brown's book, and I don't think many people caught them in 2001 when the book was published. Brooks projects his thoughts and emotions onto Eric and Dylan whenever he gets into complex territory that requires more analysis. I found that he tries to understand the motives but often fails. There's nothing wrong with these tiny flaws; at least Brooks tries to be honest when he doesn't know, unlike Cullen.

However, I found his father to be intimidating. After I finished reading Cullen's book, I went to Amazon to write my critique, but before I had a chance to get my thoughts and memories together, I found Randy Brown's review. Of course, he had given Cullen's book one star (that didn't surprise me), but then he got very angry at those Amazon reviewers who disagreed with his son's thesis, which is that bullying was the primary cause. Randy also refused to back up much of what he typed. He even told one reviewer that Eric's father was abusive and never cared to elaborate, even when asked several times. I couldn't believe a grown adult would resort to such childish behavior. "Fuck you, I'm done with Columbine" isn't a nice thing to say to someone who really wants to learn about the tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Juicy Jazzy

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 100819
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 3:34 am

Damn, all I can find are dead links for the full transcript for Brooks' and the tumblr chick. Anyone want to PM me a link if they have one? Smile
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 98449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 13, 2016 8:40 am

jada887 wrote:
Who is the girl sitting next to Robyn Anderson in that photo? Was she Robyn's friend?

Anyway, my thoughts on Brooks Brown. I read Brooks' book many years ago when I was studying positive psychology at UPenn. I thought the book was genuine and honest, but that was because I didn't know much about Brooks Brown or Columbine. His book made me change my career path to social psychology, so I'll give him that much credit.

However, I found a few flaws in Brown's book, and I don't think many people caught them in 2001 when the book was published. Brooks projects his thoughts and emotions onto Eric and Dylan whenever he gets into complex territory that requires more analysis. I found that he tries to understand the motives but often fails. There's nothing wrong with these tiny flaws; at least Brooks tries to be honest when he doesn't know, unlike Cullen.

However, I found his father to be intimidating. After I finished reading Cullen's book, I went to Amazon to write my critique, but before I had a chance to get my thoughts and memories together, I found Randy Brown's review. Of course, he had given Cullen's book one star (that didn't surprise me), but then he got very angry at those Amazon reviewers who disagreed with his son's thesis, which is that bullying was the primary cause. Randy also refused to back up much of what he typed. He even told one reviewer that Eric's father was abusive and never cared to elaborate, even when asked several times. I couldn't believe a grown adult would resort to such childish behavior. "Fuck you, I'm done with Columbine" isn't a nice thing to say to someone who really wants to learn about the tragedy.

Most likely it was her friend yes.

I also found myself reading Randy's amazon reviews and comments one day. For someone who wanted to put this all behind him he sure spends a lot of time online talking about it. He is really quick to turn people interested in Cullen's book toward Brooks' which imho is a good thing in a way. But yea to tell others to Fuck off based on their own opinions isn't very mature. We can see where Brooks gets some of his attitude.
Back to top Go down
NEXT STEP UP

NEXT STEP UP

Contribution Points : 45873
Forum Reputation : 770

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 21, 2023 9:41 am

I have no strong feelings about Brooks Brown.

Now, his DAD...blegh.

Think with your noggin, not your n!ggin'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: people here dislike Brooks Brown?   people here dislike Brooks Brown? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

people here dislike Brooks Brown?
Page 1 of 1