Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Menendez Brothers' Special

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Menendez Brothers' Special Empty
PostSubject: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:12 pm

On ABC tonight at 9:00-11:00. I'm the first to admit that, while aware they killed their parents, I'm not very knowledgeable about the aspects of it. I think I'll watch it to see if it interests me.
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

Contribution Points : 68678
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:36 pm

I remember hearing about this case a lot in the 90's but it sort of faded from the public consciousness in recent times. I'll have to see if I can still restart/watch the program since it's 11:30 EST now. I don't even know if we get ABC...

shades

Contribution Points : 79711
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 5:00 am

One of my favourite cases. It's insane. It was actually pretty sensational in the 90s. I'll definitely check it out.

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:14 am

I fell asleep a little over halfway through and I swear, I disliked every single person in the story! The parents were pathetic, the boys so spoiled, I could not find anything redeeming at all. Perhaps because you skyrocketed to fame for killing your parents, you feel you are. To that, I have no pity and no reaction, except that it almost feels like a spoiled child complaining. The parents created those monsters and I literally had no sympathetic feeling at all towards anyone! I knew the gist, but I sure didn't know the details. Another senseless tragedy, wasted youth, wasted lives.
Back to top Go down
suburbanmessiah

suburbanmessiah

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 pm

We don't get ABC....

suburbanmessiah

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 7:46 pm

...she finds out a day later.

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 11:06 am

I base this on a general knowledge and finally finishing the 2 hour special, which was good, but if you're very knowledgeable, probably not much new information to be garnered there. I would never have voted to convict, in particular the first trial. The second trial and the judge's rulings? Well, I guess it would depend on what I thought I knew prior to deliberation. I don't know if they were abused, sexually or otherwise. I certainly don't believe Lyle's assertion that he and his mother had a sexual relationship at 11. What I do know, again based on my limited knowledge of this case, but in reality, is that I see and understand "reasonable doubt" differently than the average person. I probably won't delve further into it, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Menendez Brothers' Special   Menendez Brothers' Special Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Menendez Brothers' Special
Page 1 of 1