Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?

Go down 
+3
NoMaD
Lizpuff
bradt93
7 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:40 am

I was wondering if anyone knew, did Elliot Rodger know about Columbine and maybe got the inspiration to go on a shooting spree from Eric and Dylan?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:44 am

Since it has been widely publicized I am sure he knew about it. He did not mention it at all in any of his writings or anything. I think his shooting was purely about himself and how he perceived women as treating him. He had jealousy for those with girlfriends and wanted to punish them and the "pretty girls"

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:49 am

Lizpuff wrote:
Since it has been widely publicized I am sure he knew about it.  He did not mention it at all in any of his writings or anything.  I think his shooting was purely about himself and how he perceived women as treating him.  He had jealousy for those with girlfriends and wanted to punish them and the "pretty girls"
He had it so good, I would've killed to have his life, not literally of course lol. He seemed like a spoiled little brat. I don't have a bad life now, but anyone would love the hollywood life.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:55 am

bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Since it has been widely publicized I am sure he knew about it.  He did not mention it at all in any of his writings or anything.  I think his shooting was purely about himself and how he perceived women as treating him.  He had jealousy for those with girlfriends and wanted to punish them and the "pretty girls"
He had it so good, I would've killed to have his life, not literally of course lol. He seemed like a spoiled little brat. I don't have a bad life now, but anyone would love the hollywood life.

I don't know how much you know about the case but the more I find out about him the more I have to shake my head. He wanted everyone to come to him. Begging him to sleep with them...only if you were a pretty blonde though.... he walked the streets alone acting all creepy

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 12:59 am

He should've at least tried to approach women, I mean do most women expect the guy to approach them?

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:18 am

I think so yes

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
NoMaD

NoMaD


Posts : 26
Contribution Points : 68487
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:12 am

Most shooters nowadays either are inspired from Columbine or at least know what went down. So I wouldn't be surprised if Elliot fell under both categories, albeit believing himself to accomplish something even greater than E&D did.

_________________
Reise, Reise Seemann Reise
Und die Wellen weinen leise
In ihrem Blute steckt ein Speer
Bluten leise in das Meer
Rammstein|Reise, Reise
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1334
Contribution Points : 84727
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:51 am

I think he came up with his idea for a "Day of Retribution" on his own but he definitely read about other acts of mass murder. However, Columbine wasn't specifically mentioned and I don't think he drew any particular inspiration from Eric and Dylan. There's some information about this in another thread and you can read the report on the shooting through the link posted by Ldude.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:12 pm

I remember watching his videos and being almost embarrassed for him. His acting was AWFUL and those fake little snickers irked me. He always kept his head at a certain angle, or at least it seemed that way to me, so I suppose that was his "good side". There was nothing genuine in those videos, it was all scripted almost.

He wasn't unattractive at all, but he must have given off some kind of vibe that repelled girls. I've met people that give off strange vibes and I steer clear. I wonder how he acted prior to the shootings in social settings. I read about the party where he broke his ankle and it seemed, at least on that occasion, he engaged in odd behavior.

It just goes to show you that money doesn't buy happiness, all the access to whatever luxury your heart desires doesn't quell murderous urges.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:17 pm

Tomb wrote:
I remember watching his videos and being almost embarrassed for him. His acting was AWFUL and those fake little snickers irked me. He always kept his head at a certain angle, or at least it seemed that way to me, so I suppose that was his "good side". There was nothing genuine in those videos, it was all scripted almost.

He wasn't unattractive at all, but he must have given off some kind of vibe that repelled girls. I've met people that give off strange vibes and I steer clear. I wonder how he acted prior to the shootings in social settings. I read about the party where he broke his ankle and it seemed, at least on that occasion, he engaged in odd behavior.

It just goes to show you that money doesn't buy happiness, all the access to whatever luxury your heart desires doesn't quell murderous urges.

People that knew him said he was just strange. This is getting OT but, they said he was quiet. And not like shy quiet...well yes shy quiet lol but weirdly quiet. Like you could ask him a direct question and he wouldn't answer. I think he was very socially inept. He thought he was better than everyone else and everyone should bow down to him. Watching his vids creeps me out

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 6:56 pm

I was quite surprised at how extensively he spoke about being a virgin and dying a virgin. That's was always peculiar to me, when his intentions all along was for the world to see his videos and read his manifesto. Even Cho utilized the services of an escort. Hell, ole Cho even attempted, in his own sick and twisted way, to hit on girls.

I can see him typing up a script, rehearsing it and then making those videos. I bet he really did give girls a weird feeling.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:40 pm

Tomb wrote:
I was quite surprised at how extensively he spoke about being a virgin and dying a virgin. That's was always peculiar to me, when his intentions all along was for the world to see his videos and read his manifesto. Even Cho utilized the services of an escort. Hell, ole Cho even attempted, in his own sick and twisted way, to hit on girls.

I can see him typing up a script, rehearsing it and then making those videos. I bet he really did give girls a weird feeling.

His father says he offered to bring him to Vegas and pay for an escort for him. Elliot declined.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 7:44 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I was quite surprised at how extensively he spoke about being a virgin and dying a virgin. That's was always peculiar to me, when his intentions all along was for the world to see his videos and read his manifesto. Even Cho utilized the services of an escort. Hell, ole Cho even attempted, in his own sick and twisted way, to hit on girls.

I can see him typing up a script, rehearsing it and then making those videos. I bet he really did give girls a weird feeling.

His father says he offered to bring him to Vegas and pay for an escort for him.  Elliot declined.

Girl, you are KIDDING, right?!?!? Omg, how unbelievably f-ed up is THAT? How does that conversation even START? "Heya, son, how bout you and I take a trip to Vegas and I'll pay so you can get some? Don't worry, I'll be right there helping you." Lol, ewwwwww
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 8:12 pm

Tomb wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I was quite surprised at how extensively he spoke about being a virgin and dying a virgin. That's was always peculiar to me, when his intentions all along was for the world to see his videos and read his manifesto. Even Cho utilized the services of an escort. Hell, ole Cho even attempted, in his own sick and twisted way, to hit on girls.

I can see him typing up a script, rehearsing it and then making those videos. I bet he really did give girls a weird feeling.

His father says he offered to bring him to Vegas and pay for an escort for him.  Elliot declined.

Girl, you are KIDDING, right?!?!? Omg, how unbelievably f-ed up is THAT? How does that conversation even START? "Heya, son, how bout you and I take a trip to Vegas and I'll pay so you can get some? Don't worry, I'll be right there helping you." Lol, ewwwwww

Yea. Not only did he have that conversation with him but after the massacre he repeated it in a nationwide interview. Embarrassing for a father

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly


Posts : 94
Contribution Points : 67679
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-22

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 10:27 pm

[quote="Lizpuff"]
Tomb wrote:
I remember watching his videos and being almost embarrassed for him. His acting was AWFUL and those fake little snickers irked me. He always kept his head at a certain angle, or at least it seemed that way to me, so I suppose that was his "good side". There was nothing genuine in those videos, it was all scripted almost.

It seems he doesn't have many worshipers because he made such a fool of himself in those videos. People sort of look down on him. I have a feeling the basement tapes will be similar. There's a good chance E&D come across as petulant children and much of their mystique will evaporate. Instead, we have that infamous photo of them in the commons looking like legit soldiers. Dylan looks like a total badass.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 11:39 pm

runreilly wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Tomb wrote:
I remember watching his videos and being almost embarrassed for him. His acting was AWFUL and those fake little snickers irked me. He always kept his head at a certain angle, or at least it seemed that way to me, so I suppose that was his "good side". There was nothing genuine in those videos, it was all scripted almost.

It seems he doesn't have many worshipers because he made such a fool of himself in those videos.  People sort of look down on him.  I have a feeling the basement tapes will be similar.  There's a good chance E&D come across as petulant children and much of their mystique will evaporate.  Instead, we have that infamous photo of them in the commons looking like legit soldiers.  Dylan looks like a total badass.

He really did fade into oblivion, didn't he? I watched his videos and read his manifesto, but there was the media saturation for awhile and then POOF! Gone, not mentioned. Lol for some reason, the video that is stuck in my mind is the one where he's driving and he starts moving the camera and kinda twitching, like he's dancing. I'm sorry, but I'm laughing about that scene.

He wasn't at all commanding, dominant, authoritative, angry or genuine in those videos. Really not much emotion, just bad acting. I'm going to have to find that clip of him twitching/dancing.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:09 am

Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:10 am

bradt93 wrote:
I was wondering if anyone knew, did Elliot Rodger know about Columbine and maybe got the inspiration to go on a shooting spree from Eric and Dylan?
Probably.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:13 am

bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.
The only way you can relate to Elliot Rodger is if feel you're more entitled than everyone else to having a relationship with someone to the point you want to pick up a gun and shoot a bunch of people to prove your point.

Elliot Rodger had everything he could have ever wanted except a relationship (which may have happened for him eventually given how famous he was).
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 125249
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-22

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 10:32 am

We don't know where he got his inspiration from.

Personally, I don't think he got any inspiration from Columbine or Eric/Dylan
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 11:52 am

Ivan wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.
The only way you can relate to Elliot Rodger is if feel you're more entitled than everyone else to having a relationship with someone to the point you want to pick up a gun and shoot a bunch of people to prove your point.

Elliot Rodger had everything he could have ever wanted except a relationship (which may have happened for him eventually given how famous he was).
No, not that of course, just having trouble communicating with women, because I can't figure them out lol.
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly


Posts : 94
Contribution Points : 67679
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-22

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:33 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.

I think you're already miles ahead of him based on this post. You're actually capable of honest and humble self reflection, he wasn't. He exhibited narcissism that would make Trump blush. You both having Aspergers might be as inconsequential as both having brown hair or being right handed.

bradt93 wrote:
I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need.

This is becoming widely pursued by all types of people, even those who can easily find a partner and settle down. Research "MGTOW" in the West and "Herbivore Men" in Japan for quick examples. Serious, devoted romantic relationships are great for some, but they invariably require effort and curtail freedom.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:41 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.

OT but this is something I do think about from time to time. Most of the time men are the ones "socially required" to go up to women and strike up conversations. Women in general do not do this. I can totally get the feelings of hurt or rejection if that other person isn't into you. Approaching someone can be terrifying.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 4:55 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.
The only way you can relate to Elliot Rodger is if feel you're more entitled than everyone else to having a relationship with someone to the point you want to pick up a gun and shoot a bunch of people to prove your point.

Elliot Rodger had everything he could have ever wanted except a relationship (which may have happened for him eventually given how famous he was).
No, not that of course, just having trouble communicating with women, because I can't figure them out lol.
But it's not like Elliot just had trouble communicating with women, he felt he was superior to other men and that they should approach him at will. He was delusional and needed psychiatric help he never received.
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 6:44 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.

OT but this is something I do think about from time to time.  Most of the time men are the ones "socially required" to go up to women and strike up conversations.  Women in general do not do this.  I can totally get the feelings of hurt or rejection if that other person isn't into you.  Approaching someone can be terrifying.
Why don't women approach men, is it because they want to know if the man is interested in them or not or something like that?
Back to top Go down
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92206
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 6:45 pm

I mean I'm a blonde haired blue eyed guy and muscular. I think I'm very cute, I don't understand the problem, I just can't socialize with women, it's so hard.

_________________
bt
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97349
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2017 6:50 pm

bradt93 wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.

OT but this is something I do think about from time to time.  Most of the time men are the ones "socially required" to go up to women and strike up conversations.  Women in general do not do this.  I can totally get the feelings of hurt or rejection if that other person isn't into you.  Approaching someone can be terrifying.
Why don't women approach men, is it because they want to know if the man is interested in them or not or something like that?

Hard to say. I think because of the past where men were seen as the dominant one women have mostly just relied on men to ask them out. I am not one of those women. I made the first move on my husband actually lol. But I know how hurt I would be by a rejection....I think women think about that too.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
runreilly

runreilly


Posts : 94
Contribution Points : 67679
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-01-22

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 2:56 pm

Ivan wrote:
He was delusional and needed psychiatric help he never received.

This is interesting because it seems he would have refused help.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84438
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-16
Location : Denver

Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 1:31 am

bradt93 wrote:
Ivan wrote:
bradt93 wrote:
Sometimes I can relate to Elliot Rodger scary enough, because I can't relate to women in real life. I too have aspergers and this disorder makes it difficult for me to socialize.I know you have to approach women that you're interested in, but I can't bring myself to do that, because I also don't want to be hurt or rejected. So, I'm going to play it safe and probably get an escort to satisfy my sexual needs and that's all I need. Relationships are just too difficult and I don't want to put in the work and effort.
The only way you can relate to Elliot Rodger is if feel you're more entitled than everyone else to having a relationship with someone to the point you want to pick up a gun and shoot a bunch of people to prove your point.

Elliot Rodger had everything he could have ever wanted except a relationship (which may have happened for him eventually given how famous he was).
No, not that of course, just having trouble communicating with women, because I can't figure them out lol.

Brad, the key to figuring out women is avoiding trying to figure them out:)

you have to put urself out there to a certain degree, just be urself and you'll eventually find "ur crowd" and women who click with you.

Elliott Rodgers had it all.. failed miserably despite the resources, women can sense the unnatural with uncanny skill. The greatest pick up line in the world is the non pick up line. Show respect and genuine interest in their thoughts and be urself.. if they don't respond to that then I wouldn't worry one bit about missing out on a friendship or dating them.

Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2021 5:56 am

He probably did hear about Eric and Dylan, but I think he was inspired by Seung Hui Cho.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?   Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Elliot Rodger and Eric and Dylan?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Elliot Rodger - Eric Harris
» Dylan/Elliot Rodger similar thought patterns?
» Elliot Rodger
» Elliot Rodger AI
» Would Elliot Rodger have envied you?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: