Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ten years of Virginia Tech

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

Ten years of Virginia Tech Empty
PostSubject: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 6:13 am

The tenth anniversary is April 16 - this year, Easter.

Columbine seems like yesterday to me, so Virginia Tech seems like ... a few hours ago. (Columbine happened at a much more critical junction of my life - the time when my adolescence was kicking into gear - so it grabbed me in a way that even bigger events, like 9/11, never did.)

Hard to believe, isn't it?

Contribution Points : 84989
Forum Reputation : 89

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeFri Mar 03, 2017 10:42 pm

I agree I was like 14 when it happened I remember my class mates talking about it. Man it was crazy its been so much time since it happened it was before everyone had a smart phone and people used flip phones.
Back to top Go down
LPorter101
Top 10 Contributor
LPorter101

Contribution Points : 150615
Forum Reputation : 2754

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:14 am

Ten years ago today ... wow. Seems like yesterday, even though a lot has happened since then.

Cho was one seriously screwed-up guy, wasn't he? I mean, we like to wonder whether Eric and Dylan would have done well in the real world, but Cho ... it seems highly unlikely that he ever would have been able to live a normal life. Cho was ... broken. In so many ways.

And then on Thursday we'll be marking eighteen years since Columbine ... that's another bigger wow.

And ten days after that, Eric will have been a body (or a pile of ashes, I guess) longer than he was a boy.

At the end of this year it will have been five years since Sandy Hook.

Time flies, doesn't it?

How best to mark this day? Light a candle?

I haven't watched Richard McBeef in years. But I'm watching it now. It holds up better than you'd think.

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:23 pm

Cannot believe it was ten years ago. Ten years ago. (moment of silence)

Cho, Elliot Rodger, Adam Lanza, Eric Harris, and the other all have their own stories, but the main thing is people need to accept those who are different.

Could they have been saved?Could the massacre have been prevented we will never know?
Back to top Go down
James411

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 6:26 pm

I am not sure if Cho could have been saved. Maybe if he got some help but people do not accept adults with autism, I mean look at Elliot he tried to get people to help him on the internet and people always made fun of him and mocked him, he was virgin and no girl ever had sex with him he was depressed and went to college all those and still women never gave him attention, if only women gave him a chance...
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack

Contribution Points : 96541
Forum Reputation : 52

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:03 am

RIP to all who died and sympathy to their families and friends on a sad, hard day for them.

We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeThu Apr 20, 2017 5:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 124034
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeWed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
FIBAgent
William Atchison
March 18, 1996 -
December 7, 2017
FIBAgent

Contribution Points : 67945
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitimeFri May 05, 2017 9:06 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ten years of Virginia Tech   Ten years of Virginia Tech Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ten years of Virginia Tech
Page 1 of 1