Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 Eric and Dylan burial sites?

Go down 
+12
EGSandrew
Lizpuff
Draw_It_White
Rose The Hat
PaintItBlack
shades
asloversgo
Jenn
Fatheroftwo
vodkasauce
Pennydreadful
bradt93
16 posters
AuthorMessage
bradt93




Posts : 721
Contribution Points : 92181
Forum Reputation : 255
Join date : 2016-12-21
Location : United States

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 1:56 am

Where were Eric and Dylan buried? were they both cremated?
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66500
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 2:48 am

Yes, they were both cremated. I don't think anyone except their families knows where the ashes are. I would guess the parents either kept the ashes or were scattered somewhere.
Back to top Go down
vodkasauce




Posts : 19
Contribution Points : 66146
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-18
Age : 38

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSat Mar 18, 2017 4:36 am

Sue Klebold has mentioned that there is no burial site for Dylan for fear of shrines and vandalism. Dylan was cremated after his small funeral service.
Eric was also cremated I believe.

_________________
I want to be free
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 1:01 am

I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in. Tom his father, I believe still lives in the home.
Back to top Go down
vodkasauce




Posts : 19
Contribution Points : 66146
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-18
Age : 38

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 4:45 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in.  Tom his father,  I believe still lives in the home.

Really? I didn't know this. I assumed Tom and Sue would have a little necklace or something with his ashes or something. And I thought the Klebold home was sold?

_________________
I want to be free
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3133
Contribution Points : 119949
Forum Reputation : 1014
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 5:28 am

vodkasauce wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in.  Tom his father,  I believe still lives in the home.

Really? I didn't know this. I assumed Tom and Sue would have a little necklace or something with his ashes or something. And I thought the Klebold home was sold?
Well I imagine when Sue and Tom got divorced that he had to buy her half of the house in order to stay there. It really is a shame that they got divorced but I've read that most marriages don't survive the death of child let alone what Dylan and Eric did.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo




Posts : 103
Contribution Points : 76808
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-13

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:04 pm

vodkasauce wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in.  Tom his father,  I believe still lives in the home.

Really? I didn't know this. I assumed Tom and Sue would have a little necklace or something with his ashes or something. And I thought the Klebold home was sold?

Tom bought the home post divorce. I saw him when I passed the house last year, walking up the driveway.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 80936
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 2:07 pm

asloversgo wrote:

Tom bought the home post divorce. I saw him when I passed the house last year, walking up the driveway.

Aw..how melodramatic.

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3133
Contribution Points : 119949
Forum Reputation : 1014
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 3:11 pm

asloversgo wrote:
vodkasauce wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in.  Tom his father,  I believe still lives in the home.

Really? I didn't know this. I assumed Tom and Sue would have a little necklace or something with his ashes or something. And I thought the Klebold home was sold?

Tom bought the home post divorce. I saw him when I passed the house last year, walking up the driveway.
Were you the one who posted that video (I guess it was on Tumblr) of you and your friend jumping up and down and screaming because you saw Sue in the driveway? Someone posted a video here before of 2 girls screaming cuz they saw Sue walking up the driveway with Tom and her Grandkid, I guess it was, which was kinda odd that she was there since she doesn't live there anymore. Maybe her and Tom still talk? Maybe.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
asloversgo




Posts : 103
Contribution Points : 76808
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-03-13

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 20, 2017 6:30 pm

ew no. I'm not a fan girl
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97716
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 37

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 12:08 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Do you know approximately what year this would have happened? It was said for a few years after that his parents still had his ashes. As far as Eric's I don't know.It was said that years after his parents still had them and was also rumored that they had spread them in a beautiful place in upstate New York.I have no idea if either of those things are true.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
Rose The Hat




Posts : 112
Contribution Points : 66698
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-03

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 12:56 am

Did Eric's family ever have a memorial service for him, like the Klebold's did for Dylan?
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97716
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 37

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:14 am

@RoseTheHat,
Since I'm on the board now I will answer you.
We don't know for sure.
About a year ago information came to light that Eric did not have a service at the funeral home.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],just re-posted this information a few days ago in a thread here.
Nobody knows if the family had some private memorial service for him at a later date.I sure hope they did and it's almost impossible for me to imagine that they didn't.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 3:37 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Do you know approximately what year this would have happened? It was said for a few years after that his parents still had his ashes. As far as Eric's I don't know.It was said that years after his parents still had them and was also rumored that they had spread them in a beautiful place in upstate New York.I have no idea if either of those things are true.

was new to Columbine as a hobby when I heard it, but not savvy enough at the time to ask more questions to qualify or get more in depth such as when.
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99168
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 3:53 am

Slightly off topic but here's probably as appropriate a thread as I can find...

We know Dylan had the stuffed beanie babies to help disguise some of the head trauma he suffered.

Eric's head was on a whole other level and beanie babies weren't going to cover up that mess. He will have had a closed casket at whatever service he had I imagine. My question is would they have somehow attempted to close the huge gaping wound or just dumped his corpse in the box? And what will have become of the huge amounts of brain matter that were scattered about? I know they can't have got it all in there but I'm thinking the large amount that spilled out of his head when they moved his body - did that go in the casket with him or was it just thrown in the trash after the autopsy was complete?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97324
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:41 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Slightly off topic but here's probably as appropriate a thread as I can find...

We know Dylan had the stuffed beanie babies to help disguise some of the head trauma he suffered.

Eric's head was on a whole other level and beanie babies weren't going to cover up that mess. He will have had a closed casket at whatever service he had I imagine. My question is would they have somehow attempted to close the huge gaping wound or just dumped his corpse in the box? And what will have become of the huge amounts of brain matter that were scattered about? I know they can't have got it all in there but I'm thinking the large amount that spilled out of his head when they moved his body - did that go in the casket with him or was it just thrown in the trash after the autopsy was complete?

Good question for [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

But I am willing to bet it was a closed casket ceremony if any and that he was directly cremated.  As far as the brain matter it was probably just cleaned up at the scene and willing to bet they didn't take any such cares to making sure his brain stayed with his body

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew


Posts : 62
Contribution Points : 68503
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 12:12 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
Slightly off topic but here's probably as appropriate a thread as I can find...

We know Dylan had the stuffed beanie babies to help disguise some of the head trauma he suffered.

Eric's head was on a whole other level and beanie babies weren't going to cover up that mess. He will have had a closed casket at whatever service he had I imagine. My question is would they have somehow attempted to close the huge gaping wound or just dumped his corpse in the box? And what will have become of the huge amounts of brain matter that were scattered about? I know they can't have got it all in there but I'm thinking the large amount that spilled out of his head when they moved his body - did that go in the casket with him or was it just thrown in the trash after the autopsy was complete?
Hahaha I don't know...Never really thought about that until now. Makes me wonder if Eric's parents ever saw him AFTER the massacre, meaning A: the funeral or B: the suicide photos. I mean..wouldn't you have to identify and verify that it is in fact your son? Idk, I think of messed up shit like that a lot. I'd imagine they at least touched him up so he wasn't still covered in blood, but then again if you're going to be cremated anyway..then what's the point? Idk if they even had a funeral for Eric. I like know zero about the Harris' side of things since they never went public besides the depositions, which obviously are still locked away. ~_~

_________________
I had to die in order to truly live. Just because I think you're okay today doesn't mean I won't hate you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 80936
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Can't even grasp that Eric's brain was no longer with him

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99168
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 1:16 pm

shades wrote:
Can't even grasp that Eric's brain was no longer with him

Yeah it's a strange one. I mean, that big dollop of brains that spilled out had to go somewhere, right? I can't see them performing the autopsy and just scooping them back in his head once they've finished and leaving it to fall out again. Maybe they do some sort of doggy bag they just put in his hand before they sent him off to whatever funeral place burnt him. They just put all his separate bits in that were no longer properly attached (brains, eyeball, skull etc) and just incinerated them with the rest of him.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:18 pm

Jenn wrote:
vodkasauce wrote:
Fatheroftwo wrote:
I've heard from decent but not confirmed sources Dylan's ashes were spread in the red rocks adjacent to the Klebold home he was raised in.  Tom his father,  I believe still lives in the home.

Really? I didn't know this. I assumed Tom and Sue would have a little necklace or something with his ashes or something. And I thought the Klebold home was sold?
Well I imagine when Sue and Tom got divorced that he had to buy her half of the house in order to stay there. It really is a shame that they got divorced but I've read that most marriages don't survive the death of child let alone what Dylan and Eric did.

after Sue's book was released and the tv interviews divulged the divorce, some prior research starting making sense. I/others saw a few mortgage transactions on the primary Klebold home over the years. Initially I thought it was likely to be a refi for multiple possible reasons:

-better rates
-free up cash flow as they were getting hammered with lawsuits/legal fees
-"creative accounting"... Tom runs the real estate mgmt co out of the house so it's technically an office by portion/percentage

We now know at least one of those refi's was to secure "division of assets" for which was the Klebold divorce settlement.

Sue lives in Centennial.. 15 or so minutes SE of Littleton. That I know for certain or at least as of late 2016. Tom I've been told was in the house thru 2015 and likely is still there as I've seen no other transactions aside from the refi due to the divorce. Only other reasonable option may be that he still owns it but moved out and leases it to a family, but I'd bet he's still in it.

Hard to say what the reality of the boys funerals, burials vs cremations etc are.. Between bad info and smoke screens "fact" may not be reality. I recently was trying to chase down some research that suggested Eric was buried in the same site (Chapel Hill Memorial Gardens, Centennial, CO) as a few of the victims and literally less than a 100 feet from Rachel Scott's grave, before being removed for fears of discovery/vandalism.

Never came up with anything and highly doubt the merit of the rumor. If the research was easy it wouldn't be as fun I guess.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89




Posts : 93
Contribution Points : 76135
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-17

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:33 pm

Eric's parents probably didn't see the body until after his autopsy and they probably did clean him up as best as they could. I don't remember how bad his head looked in the suicide picture but it's possible they just wrapped up part of his head in gauze so his parents could see him..

Or maybe his parents saw him as he was (gaping hole and all) just minus the blood. Same goes for people identifying/seeing burn victims (no covering that up)


As morbid as I can be (looking at crime scene photos rarely bothers me) I'm glad I didn't have to see Eric in person....
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99168
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:56 pm

Again wandering slightly off topic - do you this the parents/ brothers ever see the suicide photos by accident when browsing the internet or reading a news article in the paper or something? I know I've seen it a couple of times before when not even looking for something Columbine specific. That'd be horrific if you were just having your morning coffee then saw your son with half his head missing.
Back to top Go down
vodkasauce




Posts : 19
Contribution Points : 66146
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-18
Age : 38

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 8:13 pm

Daniel Mauser was shot in the face, right? The funeral photo I saw, it seems like the funeral home did a great job on him. Do you think that maybe the home that Eric's body was released to, did what they could to his head? I'm thinking something along the lines of a fake skull top or as was mentioned, gauze.
Back to top Go down
Jbow89




Posts : 93
Contribution Points : 76135
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-02-17

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 1:13 am

Draw_It_White wrote:
Again wandering slightly off topic - do you this the parents/ brothers ever see the suicide photos by accident when browsing the internet or reading a news article in the paper or something? I know I've seen it a couple of times before when not even looking for something Columbine specific. That'd be horrific if you were just having your morning coffee then saw your son with half his head missing.


Absolutely.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 22, 2017 1:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

did a little digging on the Dylan/ashes topic..

rumor mill and internet are consistent, 2 theories:   ashes with family (internet specifically said over the fireplace in an urn) and others say "spread" in a special place.  The latter confused with where Eric's ashes were spread?  Vice versa?

I've also read that on Dylan's bday his father Tom takes a Dr. Pepper and young Dylan's koala bear up to the area they hiked together.

Call it speculation or educated guess, but if someone can confirm the exact area Dylan & Tom Klebold traditionally went hiking tgether, that's a pretty strong chance to be the location of the ashes.

If I lost one of my children I can 100% guarantee that every year on their bday I'm visiting their resting place..  if the ashes are in an urn, I'm taking them to "our special place" or the place the best puts me in connection with them.  The article detailed what Tom took to the hiking location..  no mention of urn.  Would support the ashes are at the location special hiking place.

If I had to bet, I'm going with the "hiking location"


edit: still digging and saw a post from our own [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] back in '10. similar if not exact theory and support that I just posted.
Back to top Go down
PaintItBlack

PaintItBlack


Posts : 1656
Contribution Points : 97716
Forum Reputation : 52
Join date : 2014-02-11
Age : 37

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 12:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.

_________________
We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus; That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing.-Charles Bukowski
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew


Posts : 62
Contribution Points : 68503
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 23, 2017 8:06 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.
You never truly know though...they could've spread most of the ashes but held onto a portion of it in their possession somewhere...I mean, that's what I would do. Because once you spread the ashes, they're gonna eventually become nothing, as you said.

_________________
I had to die in order to truly live. Just because I think you're okay today doesn't mean I won't hate you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:29 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.

I think it's a personal thing.. oddly my will includes my ashes being spread, but I wouldn't want that for loved ones.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:31 am

PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.

my pleasure, returning the favor... I read a lot of your stuff.
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 2:34 am

EGSandrew wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.
You never truly know though...they could've spread most of the ashes but held onto a portion of it in their possession somewhere...I mean, that's what I would do. Because once you spread the ashes, they're gonna eventually become nothing, as you said.

so you are saying we just doubled our odds of locating Dylan's "resting place"?Smile
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew


Posts : 62
Contribution Points : 68503
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 24, 2017 10:35 am

Fatheroftwo wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
PaintItBlack wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.],
Thank you for your responses.It's sort of strange for me to think that E &D's ashes are no longer with their families and if they have been scattered no longer even exist as the elements would soon erode them away. I don't know that I could ever let my child's ashes go in such a circumstance but I can't blame anybody for doing what they thought was right for them.If the ashes have been scattered maybe E&D's parents came to believe that's what E &D would have wanted or maybe it became to agonizing to even have the ashes in the house anymore.If they did scatter the ashes, I do hope it brought the families a small amount of comfort and peace.
You never truly know though...they could've spread most of the ashes but held onto a portion of it in their possession somewhere...I mean, that's what I would do. Because once you spread the ashes, they're gonna eventually become nothing, as you said.

so you are saying we just doubled our odds of locating Dylan's "resting place"?Smile
Totally. Cool

_________________
I had to die in order to truly live. Just because I think you're okay today doesn't mean I won't hate you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 2:30 am

Most of Eric's brain matter was collected from the crime scene and turned over to the forensic pathologist as evidence. It was properly labeled and then frozen to be kept for a year, after that year it would have been disposed of as medical waste, not "scooped back into Eric's head" prior to his funeral/creamation as someone suggested LOL. (eww) On a more depressing note, Eric's parents supposedly never claimed any of his belongings, and his clothes, personal items, etc. were eventually all disposed of/destroyed. It's as though they didn't want to claim him as their child even in death. Sad.
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66500
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 2:59 am

ThePsychologyofPhobos wrote:
Most of Eric's brain matter was collected from the crime scene and turned over to the forensic pathologist as evidence. It was properly labeled and then frozen to be kept for a year, after that year it would have been disposed of as medical waste, not "scooped back into Eric's head" prior to his funeral/creamation as someone suggested LOL. (eww) On a more depressing note, Eric's parents supposedly never claimed any of his belongings, and his clothes, personal items, etc. were eventually all disposed of/destroyed. It's as though they didn't want to claim him as their child even in death. Sad.
that's so odd since they were so uncooperative and protective when the police came to their house. Just doesn't make any sense. Maybe it was simply too painful For them to see and touch the clothing he wore on that awful day. Also I'm sure they were struggling with many conflicting emotions..They definitely still loved him, but at the same time resented him and were beyond furious for what he did.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 3:38 am

True, everyone grieves differently, and there is not right or wrong way of doing so but I feel if I were a mother I would need some sort of validation, some truth that it was him, I feel almost as though they knew in their heart what he was capable of towards his final years and simply didn't need that type of validation. But that's simply my take on it, I can't imagine (nor do I want to) what it would be like to be a parent in that situation.
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66500
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 3:40 am

Yes, I completely agree. Just an unimaginably terrible situation.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades


Posts : 2383
Contribution Points : 80936
Forum Reputation : 38
Join date : 2016-03-05
Location : 13th Beach

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 26, 2017 3:51 am

Such a contrast from Dylan's parents, Sue in particular, who makes known of her love and her grief and what she has learnt since Columbine and speaks for herself and on behalf of her son. I'm almost thankful she chose to do this as we finally hear from the point of view of a school shooter's mother and Sue happened to be one who was educated and self-aware.

Unfortunately for Eric's parents as you guys pointed out they must be really disappointed in what he did that they can't forgive or still garner love for him but would rather not claim and acknowledge him after death. Someone should've kept all his belongings. Not even Kevin?

_________________
Will you remain my fire in this temporary paradise?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97324
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 8:43 am

I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing. It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives. I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer. That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives. Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I wonder though if now 20 years later they regret not taking the clothing.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White


Posts : 1114
Contribution Points : 99168
Forum Reputation : 154
Join date : 2014-01-27
Age : 39
Location : England

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:13 am

I agree with the above. They would have had lots of things at home that reminded them of the Eric they thought they knew and loved. I can't see why they'd want the clothes he went on his rampage in.
Back to top Go down
myshame




Posts : 404
Contribution Points : 76119
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-11

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:16 am

Lizpuff wrote:
I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing.  It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives.  I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer.  That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives.  Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I wonder though if now 20 years later they regret not taking the clothing.  

I can't imagine why their feelings would change on that matter.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff


Posts : 2677
Contribution Points : 97324
Forum Reputation : 1190
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 36

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 11:24 am

myshame wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
I can see why they wouldn't want the clothing.  It was such a painful and shocking time in their lives.  I am sure they didn't want to remember their son as a murderer.  That clothing and coat would remind them of the worst day of their lives.  Maybe in 20 years when things calmed a bit it would be easier to handle but I would have a hard time with that too.

I wonder though if now 20 years later they regret not taking the clothing.  

I can't imagine why their feelings would change on that matter.

I am not saying they would have but since it has been quite a long time they have had time to reconcile the event in their minds. Doesn't make them miss Eric any less I am sure but it isn't so harsh in their memories. And especially now that Eric has been gone for so long perhaps they would want anything they could get their hands on to remember him.

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew


Posts : 62
Contribution Points : 68503
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:04 pm

If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.

_________________
I had to die in order to truly live. Just because I think you're okay today doesn't mean I won't hate you tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1334
Contribution Points : 84702
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:28 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.
Back to top Go down
myshame




Posts : 404
Contribution Points : 76119
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-11

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 2:53 pm

sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.

Negative would be an understatement here.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1334
Contribution Points : 84702
Forum Reputation : 773
Join date : 2016-02-27

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 3:37 pm

myshame wrote:
sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.

Negative would be an understatement here.
Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is that those clothes are tied to the reality of the situation and the death of their son. Some people might see value in that even if you do not.

The Klebolds had to go to court because they wanted Dylan's possessions back. They actually wanted all of his belongings but they only got the clothes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Pennydreadful




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 66500
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-04

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 27, 2017 4:57 pm

sscc wrote:
myshame wrote:
sscc wrote:
EGSandrew wrote:
If your son went on the deadliest school shooting rampage in history, would you want those clothes he wore? I highly doubt that...They would still have an entire dresser full of clothes from his room.
They were also the clothes he was wearing when he died. That might be significant to some people. Some people don't want to view their loved ones after death and others have a hard time moving on without the chance to do that. I think this would be similar and I can understand why someone would want to keep those clothes, even if there were negative memories attached to them.

Negative would be an understatement here.
Yes, but that's not really the point. My point is that those clothes are tied to the reality of the situation and the death of their son. Some people might see value in that even if you do not.

The Klebolds had to go to court because they wanted Dylan's possessions back. They actually wanted all of his belongings but they only got the clothes.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
wow i never knew they had to fight in court to get his clothes back. That's so sad, poor Tom and Sue. So maybe it's not that the Harris's didn't want his belongings back. Maybe they just didn't want to go through all that to get them?
Back to top Go down
EGSandrew
Randy Stair
September 17, 1992 -
June 8, 2017
EGSandrew


Posts : 62
Contribution Points : 68503
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2016-12-16

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 28, 2017 10:09 am

That's crazy...That's really lame when you think about it. I mean I get that it's "evidence" but it's CLOTHING, not a bomb or a weapon; it's fabric. Who's to say the families don't have the right to possess their son's clothes that he died in? You know what the FBI or JeffCo would do with it in the end? DESTROY THEM. ~_~
Back to top Go down
Fatheroftwo




Posts : 331
Contribution Points : 84413
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2015-04-15
Location : Denver

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 3:59 pm

EGSandrew wrote:
That's crazy...That's really lame when you think about it. I mean I get that it's "evidence" but it's CLOTHING, not a bomb or a weapon; it's fabric. Who's to say the families don't have the right to possess their son's clothes that he died in? You know what the FBI or JeffCo would do with it in the end? DESTROY THEM. ~_~

That's crazy=that's JeffCo

Columbine exposed the heck out of the clown show. I can't even imagine being the parent of a victim and then having to deal with the knowledge of JeffCo's debacles leading up to and including 4/20. Then you have the issues of dealing with JeffCo cover up after 4/20.

When the disgust and hatred for JeffCo approaches E&D levels.
Back to top Go down
KatieJean1988




Posts : 16
Contribution Points : 65815
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-30
Age : 35
Location : New Jersey

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 6:02 pm

Their parents just cremated them and didn't have a burial site for them because they thought that students and angry people in the community or around the world would destroy it, correct?!? clown
Back to top Go down
myshame




Posts : 404
Contribution Points : 76119
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-03-11

Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 31, 2017 7:06 pm

KatieJean1988 wrote:
Their parents just cremated them and didn't have a burial site for them because they thought that students and angry people in the community or around the world would destroy it, correct?!? clown

Sue Klebold says that in her book. I assume the same happened to Eric Harris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





Eric and Dylan burial sites? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Eric and Dylan burial sites?   Eric and Dylan burial sites? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
Eric and Dylan burial sites?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Funeral & Burial Sites of the Victims
» If Eric and Dylan never met...
» why did eric and dylan do it
» If you had ever met Eric and Dylan
» Looks of Dylan and Eric.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: