Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Forum member who committed murder/suicide.

Go down 
+66
Mr Bubbless
Carnifex879
lognifiiskurk
Killisaki
thelmar
jamesmatheson
Imperator
AD 19-95
Cemetery Jones
W.A.R.
Tommy QTR
QuestionMark
haydenschool
Screamingophelia
EthanEmerson
pess1mist
Ericklebold99
Tara
KreSade
fly-with-me
Aimee Lacroux
AlteRoad
Lavenderloom
Littlelo
Krieg
MellonCollie
Nightshiftstalker
pessimist
Pipsydipsy
Jollyhelpful
Lizpuff
nbkdoom
James411
limpfisch
spidEr
PaintItBlack
ZCD99
suburbanmessiah
Nirvana92
Introvert
Atlas
Fatheroftwo
FrenchObserver
macks_ant86
philosopher_king
browneyes11
human_abstract
pacshine
Magnaphoria
AestheticDeath
knightzero
Sokushinbutsu
edgelord
sscc
abstractsmigs
STK
GreenGrayDay
FIBAgent
Glamazon
TheSpiral
dahlia_rose
shades
Draw_It_White
fetalstress
Juicy Jazzy
Jenn
70 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage

Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 6:28 pm

Acidic81 wrote:
i think his account is still up here.

It is. After .com put /u2545 and you'll be sent to his profile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 12:02 pm

He'll be in my prayers. Always
Back to top Go down
spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 46036
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 4:26 pm

What he did was pathetic and pointless, and he seems to think he'll have 'fame' afterwards? People are going to forget this while it gets buried under the next 100 shootings. There was that big mall shooting in Kenya a few years ago and a lot of people were killed, yet people have pretty much forgotten it.

Saw a video on his channel, still living with his parents in his 20's (mine kicked me out when I got to 18), seems to have a nice big house, good family, nothing to indicate he was suffering from depression, had a job with a steady income to be able to purchase merchandise for his Nickelodeon shows. He made videos outlining his life, never mentioned bullying, even mentioned that his family were extremely supportive to him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 4:28 pm

What's his YouTube channel?
Back to top Go down
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

Contribution Points : 51239
Forum Reputation : 13

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 4:46 pm

shewwy wrote:
What's his YouTube channel?

Ember's ghost squad.
I think it's been taken down.

Now everybody dancing, the dance of the dead
The dance of the dead, the dance of the dead
Back to top Go down
View user profile
limpfisch

Contribution Points : 55091
Forum Reputation : 3

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 9:36 am

The guy messaged me on YouTube in response to the video of me walking through Columbine High. I received a lot of messages about that video and a lot of them were quite concerning to the point where I didn't reply to them. Randy's, however, were right on the border of Columbine enthusiast and Columbine fan-boy. I decided to reply to his questions and I can't help think that I in some way facilitated this kid's unhealthy existence. I am struggling a little bit to be honest, It's hard. I held off posting this here because my default setting for traumatic events is to shut it off, but I need to express it somewhere.

I'm sorry, this isn't about me, it's about Randy. I think he suffered from narcissistic personality disorder combined with sexual identity problems. He's clearly a massive Eric Harris fan to the point where it's painful. He bought natural selection T-shirts and named his shotguns. He took a car video and a video of him at a shooting range. He kept a written journal after learning about Eric's and his angry rants seemed fake and forced so that he sounded like Eric. He wants a legacy to be left behind like Eric's, but I'm sure he's turning in his grave knowing that he's come out more on the Elliot Rodger side of things.

Sometimes you just can't beat the 90's charm I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 10:38 am

@limpfisch wrote:
I decided to reply to his questions and I can't help think that I in some way facilitated this kid's unhealthy existence.I am struggling a little bit to be honest, It's hard. I held off posting this here because my default setting for traumatic events is to shut it off, but I need to express it somewhere.

He would have done what he did regardless. You didn't give him any tips or anything you just answered some questions he had about Columbine which plenty of others here have done too. If his friends can do perfectly fine now a month on then you sure as shit can too my man.
Back to top Go down
James411

Contribution Points : 60828
Forum Reputation : 39

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 11:49 am

@spidEr wrote:
What he did was pathetic and pointless, and he seems to think he'll have 'fame' afterwards? People are going to forget this while it gets buried under the next 100 shootings.  There was that big mall shooting in Kenya a few years ago and a lot of people were killed, yet people have pretty much forgotten it.

Saw a video on his channel, still living with his parents in his 20's (mine kicked me out when I got to 18), seems to have a nice big house, good family, nothing to indicate he was suffering from depression, had a job with a steady income to be able to purchase merchandise for his Nickelodeon shows. He made videos outlining his life, never mentioned bullying, even mentioned that his family were extremely supportive to him.

Yeah but you never know what sort of depression sadness is going through people heads. Like Kurt Cobain or linking park singer or robin william they have money but there was clearly not enough.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
nbkdoom

nbkdoom

Contribution Points : 38117
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 6:29 pm

I saw some bits about him here and there, he seemed like a fucked up kid. Much the same as other cases like this, I wish he got the help he so badly needed before it got to the point of hurting and killing people, and himself.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 72475
Forum Reputation : 1090

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:48 am

@limpfisch wrote:
The guy messaged me on YouTube in response to the video of me walking through Columbine High. I received a lot of messages about that video and a lot of them were quite concerning to the point where I didn't reply to them. Randy's, however, were right on the border of Columbine enthusiast and Columbine fan-boy. I decided to reply to his questions and I can't help think that I in some way facilitated this kid's unhealthy existence. I am struggling a little bit to be honest, It's hard. I held off posting this here because my default setting for traumatic events is to shut it off, but I need to express it somewhere.

I'm sorry, this isn't about me, it's about Randy. I think he suffered from narcissistic personality disorder combined with sexual identity problems. He's clearly a massive Eric Harris fan to the point where it's painful. He bought natural selection T-shirts and named his shotguns. He took a car video and a video of him at a shooting range. He kept a written journal after learning about Eric's and his angry rants seemed fake and forced so that he sounded like Eric. He wants a legacy to be left behind like Eric's, but I'm sure he's turning in his grave knowing that he's come out more on the Elliot Rodger side of things.

Sometimes you just can't beat the 90's charm I'm afraid.

I am not sure how any of your answers made him do what he did. I think it was in his head for quite a while.

View user profile
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 42507
Forum Reputation : 60

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 12:09 am

I think Mister Metokur's analysis is spot on. Randy Stair wanted to be famous, He tried to make it on youtube over the course of almost 10 years and nothing he did stood out. I think around 2012, He was genuinely suicidal but then thought "If I just kill myself, no one will remember me, But if I kill others I will be immortalized like Eric/Dylan, Lanza, Etc." Ive probably watched 75% of his suicide tapes and I gotta say. It seems like a lot of his hate seems "manufactured" He says he cant stand gay people but claims to be a "lesbian soul in a mans body" I also don't buy the rage against his father for wanteing him to get a full-time job, That is a pretty typical thing for parents to do. I think all and all he wanted to be seen as someone who "Hates the Fucking world". But I think he was just a depressed person who didn't want to be just a footnote in his local paper's obituary section. This is just my opinion and he may have had some serious mental/emotional problems

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pipsydipsy

Contribution Points : 37631

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 18, 2017 2:48 pm

I have some maybe new information on Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris"s suicide. In the library .who do I get in touch with ...Jenn?...in serious..maybe you all know the I do I have maybe not ..but ill share it with Jenn if she is interested in what I have to tell..found the I do on Pinterest..
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 27, 2017 2:06 pm

This guy is one of the most pathetic mass shooters since Sebastian Bosse.

Maybe he should've started flipping heads only coins so nothing of value would've been lost.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 31, 2017 6:41 am

Behind every man, is a weeping shadow longing to be bright. Unfortunately, his shadow arose and striked one of our members. My heart goes out to him and everyone who was effected.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 90188
Forum Reputation : 2923

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 12:34 am

@spidEr wrote:
There was that big mall shooting in Kenya a few years ago and a lot of people were killed, yet people have pretty much forgotten it.

Nobody gives a shit about what happens in Kenya except for Kenyans.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 7:42 am

@Jollyhelpful wrote:
I think Mister Metokur's analysis is spot on. Randy Stair wanted to be famous, He tried to make it on youtube over the course of almost 10 years and nothing he did stood out. I think around 2012, He was genuinely suicidal but then thought "If I just kill myself, no one will remember me, But if I kill others  I will be immortalized like Eric/Dylan, Lanza, Etc."  Ive probably watched 75% of his suicide tapes and I gotta say. It seems like a lot of his hate seems "manufactured" He says he cant stand gay people but claims to be a "lesbian soul in a mans body" I also don't buy the rage against his father for wanteing him to get a full-time job, That is a pretty typical thing for parents to do. I think all and all he wanted to be seen as someone who "Hates the Fucking world". But I think he was just a depressed person who didn't want to be just a footnote in his local paper's obituary section. This is just my opinion and he may have had some serious mental/emotional problems

I agree with you on the fact that his rages seemed patterned after Eric and Dylan's. Also certain aspects of his videos and the weapons he used were copied from Columbine. I mean he even named his shotgun like Eric Harris did.

To me his rants came off as somewhat deadpan, rehearsed, and with little real emotion behind them.  There may have been some mental illness issues as well. It is clear that Stair had problems, but ultimately he was just another Eric Harris wannabe.
Back to top Go down
pessimist

Contribution Points : 37416

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 7:50 pm

Yeah unfortunately I don't really buy into him actually believing in EGS and that he was a girl trapped in a man's body. As interesting as I find Randy's case to be, I think it's pretty clear at the end of the day he seemed to do it because he was depressed and wanted to end his life in a way that he'd be remembered.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 8:42 am

@pessimist wrote:
Yeah unfortunately I don't really buy into him actually believing in EGS and that he was a girl trapped in a man's body. As interesting as I find Randy's case to be, I think it's pretty clear at the end of the day he seemed to do it because he was depressed and wanted to end his life in a way that he'd be remembered.

Stair seemed to have a lot of issues. Yet which was real and which he simply mimicked from Columbine is hard to pinpoint.

I feel that he patterned some of his rants after certain things in the Columbine material. Almost like he tried to hard to convince everyone that he actually felt this way.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Thu Nov 09, 2017 11:06 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nightshiftstalker

Nightshiftstalker

Contribution Points : 59312

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 10:59 am

Hey there,

after having been signed off for quite a while, gotta admit to feel like - I don't know.
Sad to see - another one of us has been gone - no matter you can relate to a person's feelings, relate to -or at least cannot express your emotions without having even known or ever met one, I think.

So - all the best to anyone of us not havin' died ( - whether suicide, massacre or just bein' dead - so far, if cause has been to be in the news - while havin' been told by police to the public around the world - generally speakin' - I guess), yo.

So long
Nightshiftstalker

(Unser Platz, Prinz Pi, Kompass ohne Norden)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 2:42 pm

@Nightshiftstalker wrote:
Hey there,

after having been signed off for quite a while, gotta admit to feel like - I don't know.
Sad to see - another one of us has been gone - no matter you can relate to a person's feelings, relate to -or at least cannot express your emotions without having even known or ever met one, I think.

So - all the best to anyone of us not havin' died ( - whether suicide, massacre or just bein' dead - so far, if cause has been to be in the news - while havin' been told by police to the public around the world - generally speakin' - I guess), yo.

So long
Nightshiftstalker

Pardon me?

Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 2:45 pm

@TheSpiral wrote:
Hey there,

So long
Nightshiftstalker

Pardon me?

Yeah I was confused at that post as well. scratch
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93918
Forum Reputation : 774

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:19 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@TheSpiral wrote:
Hey there,

So long
Nightshiftstalker

Pardon me?

I'm pretty certain that he uses Google translate to read the forum and make posts. And sometimes Google Translate is not that great at translating.

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:22 pm

@Jenn wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@TheSpiral wrote:
Hey there,

So long
Nightshiftstalker

Pardon me?

I'm pretty certain that he uses Google translate to read the forum and make posts. And sometimes Google Translate is not that great at translating.

I pretty much got the gist of what he was saying, but it took a few times reading it through. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:28 pm

@spidEr wrote:
What he did was pathetic and pointless, and he seems to think he'll have 'fame' afterwards? People are going to forget this while it gets buried under the next 100 shootings.  There was that big mall shooting in Kenya a few years ago and a lot of people were killed, yet people have pretty much forgotten it.

wasnt the kenya mall shooting a boko haram attack, so no one really cares for those
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

Contribution Points : 35014

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 10:22 am

I've been reading about this ever since it happened, the guy was a loser. He tried so hard to leave a "legacy" behind and that people would be talking about it like how people have been talking about Columbine for years now, but barely anyone knows who he is and the people that do know about him thinks that he is a complete joke.

Really sucks that he was a member on this forum though..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 12:14 pm

Exactly, I dismissed him as an idiot as soon as he did it. Yet people like CVA, Tumblr and other sites are blowing up with discussions on him. He isn't worth it. A lot of the new spree killer tribute videos on YouTube are now including him alongside Eric and Dylan Rolling Eyes I could see right through his act when I watched parts of his rant videos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 1:00 pm

@spidEr wrote:
Exactly, I dismissed him as an idiot as soon as he did it. Yet people like CVA, Tumblr and other sites are blowing up with discussions on him. He isn't worth it. A lot of the new spree killer tribute videos on YouTube are now including him alongside Eric and Dylan Rolling Eyes I could see right through his act when I watched parts of his rant videos.

In my opinion Randy's videos were for the most part were rambling ripoff parodies of the basement tapes. He tried so hard to make sure he had all the major things about Columbine covered. He did his journals, he did a video parody of Rampart Range. He made videos where he mentioned how much weight he had lost(just like Dylan), he named his shotguns(just like Eric) etc. Rolling Eyes

While part of me thinks he might have had some mental issues, another part of me feels like he was just trying WAY to hard to make people THINK he was troubled. Suspect

But if you make yourself listen to all his content you will hear one thing, or better yet not hear one thing. Emotion. Everything pretty much sounds the same, flat. Almost like he was merely acting like he was depressed and angry and doing a very shitty job of it. But at the end of the day I honestly think he was just another Eric wannabe. His plan of being the next big thing in the TCC has largely failed in my book.

Last edited by ShadowedGoddess on Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 1:48 pm

@spidEr wrote:
Yet people like CVA, Tumblr and other sites are blowing up with discussions on him. He isn't worth it. A lot of the new spree killer tribute videos on YouTube are now including him alongside Eric and Dylan Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I don't get that. Randy was and is a walking punchline. I see no reason to idolize him or to even empathize with him. I'm not exaggerating when I say Randy Stairs is the Chris-chan of rampage killers.

View user profile
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 01, 2017 11:57 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:
@spidEr wrote:
Yet people like CVA, Tumblr and other sites are blowing up with discussions on him. He isn't worth it. A lot of the new spree killer tribute videos on YouTube are now including him alongside Eric and Dylan Rolling Eyes

Yeah, I don't get that. Randy was and is a walking punchline. I see no reason to idolize him or to even empathize with him. I'm not exaggerating when I say Randy Stairs is the Chris-chan of rampage killers.
He's pretty much Chris Chan if he went on a killing spree.

Like no joke he actually reminds me a lot of Chris Chan.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am

@spidEr wrote:
Glad I am not the only one that could see right through him when I watched his rant videos.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheSpiral

TheSpiral

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:14 pm

I really don't think he was faking it. Some people don't show emotions like others do. I could definetly see some feelings in his parents goodbye tape (part 2), watch it through you'll see the part that I'm refering to.
I don't think he was trying to make people think he was troubled considering that he murdered 3 people and then himself.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:42 pm

@MellonCollie wrote:
@QuestionMark wrote:
@spidEr wrote:

If only Randy had been discovered by a group of trolls before his attack. There might've been a chance he would get reported to the police.

View user profile
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 12:51 pm

@QuestionMark wrote:
@MellonCollie wrote:
@QuestionMark wrote:
@spidEr wrote:

If only Randy had been discovered by a group of trolls before his attack. There might've been a chance he would get reported to the police.
If only that were the case..Or at least gotten the help that he really, really needed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 93918
Forum Reputation : 774

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 3:46 pm

@TheSpiral wrote:
I really don't think he was faking it. Some people don't show emotions like others do. I could definetly see some feelings in his parents goodbye tape (part 2), watch it through you'll see the part that I'm refering to.
I don't think he was trying to make people think he was troubled considering that he murdered 3 people and then himself.
I agree with this. I don't believe that there was any acting/faking during the "Goodbye Parents" video. He really hated his Father and wanted him to suffer. He seemed to have a little more compassion towards his Mother and brother and his biggest complaint about his Mother was that he didn't know what she even saw in his Father. I don't believe he faked any of that and I could definitely pick up on his different emotions when he talked about his family.

MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 02, 2017 6:58 pm

I rewatched the "Goodbye Parents" video and I really don't think he faked his emotions in the video. Seemed like that he didn't have the best relationship with his parents, especially his dad. 

I guess I just meant that in his journal and some of his rants, it just seemed a little...exaggerated? That could be his way of showing emotion and i'm just being a sourpuss  Embarassed

QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:22 am

@MellonCollie wrote:
I guess I just meant that in his journal and some of his rants, it just seemed a little...exaggerated? That could be his way of showing emotion and i'm just being a sourpuss  Embarassed

If he had autism, this could explain why his emotions feel exaggerated. It's because he doesn't know how to properly express them, so he plays it up a great deal.

View user profile
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 12:43 am

@QuestionMark wrote:
@MellonCollie wrote:

If he had autism, this could explain why his emotions feel exaggerated. It's because he doesn't know how to properly express them, so he plays it up a great deal.
Good point.
Really wonder if he had some sort of Asperger's or something.

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 1:30 pm

I was mainly referring to his straight out Columbine copying video segments. The ones where he drove around and just ranted and rambled. The pothole one comes to mind. Those just seem fake as hell to me.
Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:52 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I was mainly referring to his straight out Columbine copying video segments. The ones where he drove around and just ranted and rambled. The pothole one comes to mind. Those just seem fake as hell to me.
That's what I had in mind too when I made the first post in this thread because those were the only videos I remembered. I dunno, like when I first watched them it just looked like he was trying too hard with "deh angst".
He really hated potholes, he even put potholes on the "dislike" section on a lot of his characters on that wiki he had before it was taken down.

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 2:56 pm

@MellonCollie wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
That's what I had in mind too when I made the first post in this thread because those were the only videos I remembered. I dunno, like when I first watched them it just looked like he was trying too hard with "deh angst".
He really hated potholes, he even put potholes on the "dislike" section on a lot of his characters on that wiki he had before it was taken down.

Well who doesn't hate potholes? Where I live we have some that will swallow your whole tire! Haha

Back to top Go down
MellonCollie

MellonCollie

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 03, 2017 3:07 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
@MellonCollie wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

Well who doesn't hate potholes?  Where I live we have some that will swallow your whole tire! Haha

Haha That is true

Krieg

Krieg

Contribution Points : 37026
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 05, 2017 6:13 pm

to be honest if I randomly saw his "manifesto" on the internet without any context of what happened I would assume it was a columbine parody and not a "crazy guy manifesto"
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 42878
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:23 am

There is a sort of strange parallel between Randy Stair and Eric Harris. Eric spent hours and hours on Doom playing and designing new levels. In some of his writing (journal, Dylan's yearbook) he references living in a Doom world or creating scenarios that mimic the game in real life. It was a huge part of his life.

Randy Stair spent hours and hours on his cartoons and YT channel and was extremely into his work to the point of obsession (especially with EGS).

Both of them seemed to want to enter this other world, and believed it would be better than anything they could experience in this life.

I wonder if this is a common thing because they had similar psychological problems.

Anyways sorry for rambling just wanted to share.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 10:25 am

It gives off a pharaoh vibe to me, you know how they wanted to be remembered one day, remembered by lots of people, and instead of just another grave in a cemetery full of 100, they wanted to build tall pyramids that would stand the test of time that everyone would know about. For some reason they didn't think they could ever accomplish something positively to be remembered by so they had to do it in a negative way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:00 am

@spidEr wrote:
It gives off a pharaoh vibe to me, you know how they wanted to be remembered one day, remembered by lots of people, and instead of just another grave in a cemetery full of 100, they wanted to build tall pyramids that would stand the test of time that everyone would know about. For some reason they didn't think they could ever accomplish something positively to be remembered by so they had to do it in a negative way.

Agree. Both had tried SO hard to stand out, and were still just another obscure face in the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Lavenderloom

Lavenderloom

Contribution Points : 35022

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm

Wow!! This guy sounds horrible. The more I learn about him the more he seems like a copycat. I bet he regrets what he did now that he's met his maker!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
spidEr

spidEr

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:15 am

My views on mental illness are starting to change. For a long time I thought that you had to be recognizably ill, so much so that you wouldn't be able to attend normal schools or accepted in most job places and have a carer, either at your home or in a facility.. But now it seems anyone can be mentally ill, no matter how smart they are at school, how friendly, sociable or normal they are.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 42878
Forum Reputation : 40

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:09 am

@spidEr wrote:
My views on mental illness are starting to change. For a long time I thought that you had to be recognizably ill, so much so that you wouldn't be able to attend normal schools or accepted in most job places and have a carer, either at your home or in a  facility.. But now it seems anyone can be mentally ill, no matter how smart they are at school, how friendly, sociable or normal they are.

I mean I don't know too much about the Las Vegas shooter but didn't he have a clean record up until the shooting? Clearly he was able to be a part of society and function at some level. I think you're right. It can go undetected in some people.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:14 am

@spidEr wrote:
My views on mental illness are starting to change. For a long time I thought that you had to be recognizably ill, so much so that you wouldn't be able to attend normal schools or accepted in most job places and have a carer, either at your home or in a  facility.. But now it seems anyone can be mentally ill, no matter how smart they are at school, how friendly, sociable or normal they are.

Some people are good at appearing perfectly normal, but then again the very definition of "normal" is changing all the time.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

PostSubject: Re: Forum member who committed murder/suicide.   Forum member who committed murder/suicide. - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 12:41 am

@Littlelo wrote:
@spidEr wrote:

I mean I don't know too much about the Las Vegas shooter but didn't he have a clean record up until the shooting? Clearly he was able to be a part of society and function at some level. I think you're right. It can go undetected in some people.

Or perhaps Stephen Paddock was sane. He certainly showed no sign of mental illness or instability until the time of the shootings.

View user profile

Forum member who committed murder/suicide.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next