Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Ax Ishmael

Go down 
+3
STK
InsaneIntruder
Smiggles94
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Smiggles94

Smiggles94

Contribution Points : 71064
Forum Reputation : 28

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeFri Jun 09, 2017 8:23 am

Seung-Hui Cho had this drew on he's arm the day he killed himself.
It's from a poem, but does anybody understand it's meaning and why he would want us too find it.
Back to top Go down

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 9:15 am

Callsign

Last edited by TheyAllFloatDownHere on Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 86203
Forum Reputation : 340

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 2:48 pm

There's a picture of "Ax Ishmael" on his arm. I have that picture and I would put it here, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to because in a way it's a picture of Cho's corpse. PM me if you want the picture. It's not graphic but I can't be too careful.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 73344
Forum Reputation : 330

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 3:59 pm

InsaneIntruder wrote:
There's a picture of "Ax Ishmael" on his arm. I have that picture and I would put it here, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to because in a way it's a picture of Cho's corpse. PM me if you want the picture. It's not graphic but I can't be too careful.
I would like the picture.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:02 pm

For Christs sake. Here.

Photo:
Back to top Go down
pessimist

Contribution Points : 61366
Forum Reputation : 0

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 12:28 am

sitnwatchitburn wrote:
For Christs sake. Here.

Photo:

maybe i'm tired so i'm not seeing things right, but did he carve that into his arm?
Back to top Go down
Nate22

Nate22

Contribution Points : 58756
Forum Reputation : 0

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 2:16 am

See page 64 of "Seung-Hui Cho’s Fiction and Poetry," found at schoolshooters.info.

Seung-Hui Cho's character, Ax Manson, is the subject of ridicule from his classmates and derision from his abusive father. Cho's professor comments on the character's name: "Deliberate allusion to Charles Manson?"

Given Cho's apparent penchant for literary allusion, "Ishmael" may be a reference to the Abrahamic Ishmael, who is viewed as an outcast and/or martyr, depending on religious tradition. Given that Seung-Hui Cho was an English major, it could also be a reference to the literary Ishmael of Moby Dick--a character who is also likely an allusion to the Abrahamic Ishmael.

Cho sent his manifesto to NBC using the name "A. Ishmael." In his manifesto, he references "Children of Ishmael": "I say we take up the cross, Children of Ishmael, take up our guns and knives and any sharp objects, and take no prisoners and spare no lives until our last breath and last ounce of energy."

By the time Cho authored his manifesto, he had no money, no meaningful social relationships, no significant other, and no future prospects. When he attempted to publish a novel, it was rejected. When he attempted to approach a girl by anonymously texting her, Cho was contacted by police and was forbidden to make further contact. When he expressed suicidal thoughts to a friend, his friend had him committed involuntarily for psychiatric treatment. These events all happened in succession to Seung-Hui Cho, who as is apparent from his writings alone, was dealing with severe anxiety to begin with.

As Cho was enduring these various punishments, coupled with severe anxiety, he witnessed everyone around him blissfully enjoying all the things he was denied--friends, relationships, and prosperous futures. Every attempt Cho made to escape his situation was met with punishment.

But Cho knew he was not the only one who had dealt with such severe pain. He was aware of Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, both of whom Cho references in his manifesto.

On page 27 of the aforementioned Fiction and Poetry document, one of Cho's characters thinks to himself: "I wish I was a psycho, though. It would be so much easier."

It seems Cho managed to fully inhabit a character he created--Ax Ishmael. In Cho's mind, Ax Ishmael would sacrifice himself and lead a revolution, where "weak and defenseless people"--those like himself, Eric, and Dylan--would take any weapons at their disposal ("take up our guns and knives and hammers") and revolt.

l0ngUsernaem, FalloutDude and brightglowingglow like this post

Back to top Go down

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 10:35 am

pessimist wrote:
sitnwatchitburn wrote:
For Christs sake. Here.

Photo:

maybe i'm tired so i'm not seeing things right, but did he carve that into his arm?
He drew it in red marker in my opinion.
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 120753
Forum Reputation : 3191

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeWed Dec 27, 2017 11:21 am

Nate22 wrote:
It seems Cho managed to fully inhabit a character he created--Ax Ishmael. In Cho's mind, Ax Ishmael would sacrifice himself and lead a revolution, where "weak and defenseless people"--those like himself, Eric, and Dylan--would take any weapons at their disposal ("take up our guns and knives and hammers") and revolt.

And really this is pretty close to what Eric and Dylan themselves did. They felt weak, so they created the personas of Reb and VoDKa.

Massoccur

Massoccur

Contribution Points : 59808
Forum Reputation : 25

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 07, 2018 1:53 am

Nate22 wrote:
See page 64 of "Seung-Hui Cho’s Fiction and Poetry," found at schoolshooters.info.
[...]
On page 27 of the aforementioned Fiction and Poetry document, one of Cho's characters thinks to himself: "I wish I was a psycho, though. It would be so much easier."

I wonder if that was a purposeful reference to Eric Harris. The line "I wish I was a fucking psychopath so I wouldn't have any remorse for this" has been attributed to the basement tapes before.

Sponsored content

Ax Ishmael  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ax Ishmael    Ax Ishmael  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ax Ishmael
Page 1 of 1