Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+104
Screamingophelia
Littlelo
starrwilliams
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
droolgag
REBdoomer1999
gumshoe
James411
nicolonoscopy
TheSpiral
dontknow43
sexysin
Pennydreadful
KatieJean1988
ehunterjumper
W.A.R.
myshame
Rose The Hat
Holloka
EGSandrew
Scarletmoon
YouDontSeeMe
Lucy
Selah
suburbanmessiah
spidEr
Acid84
vin_diesel
jada887
Grayscale
spinvault
jp2892
Kiwik
lilith
Kida
aquillina
sororityalpha
bubbles
Freezingmoon
shades
cypressdustwitch
Vii
sscc
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
ThoughtBox
cyn1231
astrospace92
Jayhawk80
Belladonna
slippy123
Gctiger
human_abstract
Jbow89
TaylorsMom
Gamling
C#major
04daviszoe
Archvile
alt reality
radaddio
Gonz
afrrs
exceptionella
LPorter101
Fatheroftwo
John Denver
Gustopoet2
Dico
Falco
eli27
meenwhile
browneyes11
ellie z
Sabratha
lol
WhereHateRunsRed
paradisedreams
JDM87
Mj2beat
lasttrain
jettfyre80
carrie12
TheFragile
Juicy Jazzy
Draw_It_White
Mr_Chagrin
Z_Splatter
tfsa47090
Marco1211
maninthebox
em81
JayJay
deelightful
RaiseTheFist
MarmaladeSkies
Wideawake
queenfarooq
BurnIt
Lifetime
Jenn
areyoulistening
tragedy79
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next
AuthorMessage

The small questions thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 4:52 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Yup, they are much much cheaper here in Europe. I've never driven a car with an automatic transmission Smile
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2016 5:20 pm

I learned on a stick myself as my grandma was the one to teach me and that is what she had! My car now is an automatic but it has the option to be a manual if you so desire.

I remember many a times flooding an engine when learning and the embarrassment of pushing the vehicle to the side of the road to wait it out

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 21, 2016 10:25 am

Is it true?

Harris and Klebold, being nerds and outcasts, had been described as fans of the collectible card game Magic: The Gathering, and for a short time the game received the same kind of unwarranted attention that role-playing games had received in the early 1980s. wrote:

Were they playing MtG? I haven't noticed any mention of this game in their journals.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 22, 2016 1:30 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
Is it true?

Were they playing MtG? I haven't noticed any mention of this game in their journals.

IDK about Eric and Dylan specifically but the TCM did play MTG as well as Dungeons and Dragons etc and that was documented. They used to play the card game at lunch. If E&D sat by them they could have played this game as well but they never mentioned it.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

Contribution Points : 72398
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 7:17 am

Is there a footage somewhere of Nate Dykeman's interview on 20/20?

shades

Contribution Points : 78761
Forum Reputation : 38

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 23, 2016 7:25 am

aquillina wrote:
Is there a footage somewhere of Nate Dykeman's interview on 20/20?
lost in space. I'm looking for that and Brooks' interview with his mother on Oprah I think too.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:34 am

Should I read Dave Cullen's book on Columbine? Or is it a waste of time and money?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 1:32 pm

aquillina wrote:
Should I read Dave Cullen's book on Columbine? Or is it a waste of time and money?

I have it and can send it to you for free. Then it would only cost you time! In all honesty I would probably read it if I was you. There are some solid points. As long as you know the real facts of the case so you can pull out all the lies he tells you should be fine.

And it can be fun to laugh at some of the things he says.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:32 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:

I have it and can send it to you for free.  Then it would only cost you time!  In all honesty I would probably read it if I was you.  There are some solid points.  As long as you know the real facts of the case so you can pull out all the lies he tells you should be fine.

That's nice of you. Thanks. Do I need to PM you for an address?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2016 3:42 pm

aquillina wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
aquillina wrote:

I have it and can send it to you for free.  Then it would only cost you time!  In all honesty I would probably read it if I was you.  There are some solid points.  As long as you know the real facts of the case so you can pull out all the lies he tells you should be fine.

That's nice of you. Thanks. Do I need to PM you for an address?

Well it is actually a digital copy. So I could email it to you if you want
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 11:17 am

Timeline that I found on the internet:

11:19- E&D starts shooting outside the building.
11:21- Dylan enters cafeteria for a while to check what happend with bombs.
11:22- A janitor activates CCTV cameras again.
11:23- Students in cafeteria notice that something odd is going outside a building.
11:24 - Students dive for cover.

So, how it may look like? E&D had shot students on the lawn then Dylan holstered his weapon and entered cafeteria unnoticed? Could he open duffel bags to check them?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 1:27 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
Timeline that I found on the internet:

11:19- E&D starts shooting outside the building.
11:21- Dylan enters cafeteria for a while to check what happend with bombs.
11:22- A janitor activates CCTV cameras again.
11:23- Students in cafeteria notice that something odd is going outside a building.
11:24 - Students dive for cover.

So, how it may look like? E&D had shot students on the lawn then Dylan holstered his weapon and entered cafeteria unnoticed? Could he open duffel bags to check them?

If you read the 11k he was not quite unnoticed. Several students saw him enter and some reported he shot at them while they fled. Most of the reports state he came inside looked around and went back out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 7:55 pm

Was Dylan learning german or other language?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2016 8:14 pm

TheWitcher wrote:
Was Dylan learning german or other language?

He at one point took French.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 2:03 am

When did Eric and Dylan first start making pipe bombs?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 05, 2016 1:58 pm

aquillina wrote:
When did Eric and Dylan first start making pipe bombs?

Probably sometime in early 98
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 7:57 pm

What was the stuff koala Dylan had?

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:03 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just a stuffed koala toy, like in this picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ask me to PM you the artist of it if you'd like to know.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 06, 2016 8:16 pm

ultraviolencelv wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Just a stuffed koala toy, like in this picture [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Ask me to PM you the artist of it if you'd like to know.
Wow that's a very great sketch.

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 17, 2016 9:45 pm

What ever happened to Eric's dog?

Kiwik

Contribution Points : 73201
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 1:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've also wondered about his dog. I know it was pretty old and not in the best of health when Eric was still around so I doubt it outlived him by much (I say "it" because I forget if it was a he or a she!). I've also wondered about Dylan's cats. I haven't read Sue's book, but did she mention anything about them in it?
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:27 pm

Same here. I wonder about their respective pets. I know for a fact Eric loved his dog so much so to decide to abandon him for good- abandon things he used to love really, that's pretty sad. I think by now his dog has already passed perhaps...

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 96943
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 9:01 am

Do we know if Deputy Annette Smoker (who was chatting with Danny's mother the day after Columbine) was related to Deputy Paul Smoker?
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 1:29 pm

Kiwik wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] I've also wondered about his dog. I know it was pretty old and not in the best of health when Eric was still around so I doubt it outlived him by much (I say "it" because I forget if it was a he or a she!). I've also wondered about Dylan's cats. I haven't read Sue's book, but did she mention anything about them in it?

She mentions taking them with when they left their home. She also mentioned that one cat which was Dylan's cat Rocky was pretty sick near the end and prior to NBK she was actually worried about having to tell Dylan they were going to have to put him down.

That is all I remember.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Do you think Eric and Dylan tried to garnish sympathy from others?

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:57 pm

aquillina wrote:

When?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 6:11 pm

I got a question about something no one talked about before: What did Dylan mean by "the runes have shown it"?

Did he use physical runes or what? 0o
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 6:46 pm

Magnaphoria wrote:
I got a question about something no one talked about before: What did Dylan mean by "the runes have shown it"?

Did he use physical runes or what? 0o

I have no idea. It is an interesting thought
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 7:24 pm

shades wrote:
aquillina wrote:

When?
I would say hmm....since the van incident?

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 10:12 pm

aquillina wrote:
I would say hmm....since the van incident?
I don't think so. I do know that Dylan beat himself up over it alot, and they had to refrain from spending too much time with one another if I can recall and I think once it happened NBK's planning was on its way so the disconnecting from people they cared about began to take place.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 2:42 am

If Columbine never happened how would the present day be different? Could there have been another shooting that could equal or surpass Columbine?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 1:34 pm

aquillina wrote:
If Columbine never happened how would the present day be different? Could there have been another shooting that could equal or surpass Columbine?

If Columbine never happened would Virginia tech have happened since Cho looked up to Columbine? Would any of the shootings have happened?

If they had then we might all be on a message board talking about Lanza or Cho. If not then I am sure there would be another tragedy of some kind.
Back to top Go down
aquillina

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:04 pm

Do you think Eric & Dylan would have liked listening to Lady Gaga music?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:09 pm

aquillina wrote:
Do you think Eric & Dylan would have liked listening to Lady Gaga music?

HAHAHAHA I say no. Because she is pretty popular.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:29 pm

I always wonder whether the boys had guilty pleasure pop songs they liked, and if they would like certain pop songs of today. Most of the time people who complain about hating it alot actually like it.

Who knows? They might've liked Spice Girls. Didn't Eric write about the Spice Up Your Life music video?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:41 pm

Maybe they had a guilty pleasure for 80s rock bands. Bon Jovi, Poison, Aerosmith, Guns n Roses, Van Halen. Possibly? Who knows. I know I do and still do.

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 4:50 pm

Maybe they liked Macarena.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 5:18 pm

shades wrote:
Maybe they liked Macarena.
Shudders at the thought. Roll

Last edited by aquillina on Tue Sep 20, 2016 9:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kiwik

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:07 pm

It might have been Susan Dewitt, but I remember reading that someone said Eric had Enya and Lorena Mckennet (sp? She's an Irish singer) CDs in his room. Not really pop but kinda out of character for him based on the music he typically listened to.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:13 pm

Kiwik wrote:
It might have been Susan Dewitt, but I remember reading that someone said Eric had Enya and Lorena Mckennet (sp? She's an Irish singer) CDs in his room. Not really pop but kinda out of character for him based on the music he typically listened to.

Yes you are right about that. Susan mentioned they listened to some Enya type music as well as "angry yelling music" on prom night. I think Eric listened to quite a variety of music.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 8:49 pm

Seemed like if he listened to female artists they aren't pop but they're of the slow choir-like genre, Enya and Lorena. I mean he wouldn't listen to like, Beyonce or anything like that.

Juicy Jazzy

Contribution Points : 97569
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:29 pm

Interesting to read that Eric had Enya CDs and played her music when Susan was over his house, considering he had a bitch about her music on his website. Then again, I remember Rachel telling her friends she hated the theme song for the movie Titanic, yet she was learning how to play it on the piano. Laughing

I suppose Eric found it embarrassing to admit to, I think he trusted Susan enough for her to know though.
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:42 pm

Maybe Enya was his go-to record to set the mood so that Susan could get comfy bahaha, He prob didn't know any r&b love songs or sexy songs so, let's just play Enya to be soothing.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 3:55 pm

The 90s for me was the best music era. I wonder if they hated No Doubt, Smash Mouth, Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, Alanis Moirsette, I could go on forever. Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 5:54 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] the only band of the ones you mentioned that they *might* have tolerated would probably be Sugar Ray, before they went all mellow. They were actually more of a harder rock band before they went mainstream with that song "Fly".

And I knew a lot of guys back then who listened to angry music yet they also liked No Doubt, but I think most of them just had crushes on Gwen and weren't actually huge fans of their music. So it's possible E&D could have been closet fans of band's like that haha
Back to top Go down
Draw_It_White

Draw_It_White

Contribution Points : 96943
Forum Reputation : 104

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 1:19 pm

I was surprised that Dylan wasn't really a fan of Nirvana. Contain wrote a lot of songs about women, Dylan had the grunge hair and they both had the suicide mentality. Maybe they weren't heavy enough for him.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 1:31 pm

Draw_It_White wrote:
I was surprised that Dylan wasn't really a fan of Nirvana. Contain wrote a lot of songs about women, Dylan had the grunge hair and they both had the suicide mentality. Maybe they weren't heavy enough for him.

Me too. He totally looked like A Nirvana groupie. He did like Smashing Pumpkins which is along the sort of same line in my book though
Back to top Go down
shades

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 pm

aquillina wrote:
I wonder if they hated No Doubt, Smash Mouth, Matchbox 20, Sugar Ray, Alanis Moirsette, I could go on forever. Wouldn't be surprised if they did.

They hated all of that I promise you. I don't know what kind of music Eric was into before he followed Chris and those dark people, picking up industrial music, german music and dark stuff and all that, but compared to Dylan, Dylan actually came with his own aesthetic and musical tastes. Dylan was more complex, he liked techno, he liked beats, he was into Chemical Brothers and Nine Inch Nails. I think he might've liked Massive Attack. Dylan was pretty original, Eric had to pick up some stuff.

shades

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 1:34 pm

Definitely not smash mouth or sugar ray jesus lol I can't even stand them.

I wish I knew what female artists they didn't mind secretly.

Kiwik

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 2:00 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] gotta agree with you there, as I was never into any of those bands either.

Dylan apparently listened to Alice In Chains, so it's possible he listened to other grunge bands at some point and maybe never really got into it. However when I think back to that time period, a lot of the kids that listened to industrial and bands like Tool or NIN weren't really into grunge and vice versa. A lot of the "industrial" kids in E&D's age group went through their grunge phases when they were younger and moved onto the more darker music. That could have been the case with Dylan, or maybe he just didn't care for other grunge bands. I'm sure he listened to more bands than the ones we know about. Same with Eric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 12 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 20  Next