Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+104
Screamingophelia
Littlelo
starrwilliams
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
droolgag
REBdoomer1999
gumshoe
James411
nicolonoscopy
TheSpiral
dontknow43
sexysin
Pennydreadful
KatieJean1988
ehunterjumper
W.A.R.
myshame
Rose The Hat
Holloka
EGSandrew
Scarletmoon
YouDontSeeMe
Lucy
Selah
suburbanmessiah
spidEr
Acid84
vin_diesel
jada887
Grayscale
spinvault
jp2892
Kiwik
lilith
Kida
aquillina
sororityalpha
bubbles
Freezingmoon
shades
cypressdustwitch
Vii
sscc
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
ThoughtBox
cyn1231
astrospace92
Jayhawk80
Belladonna
slippy123
Gctiger
human_abstract
Jbow89
TaylorsMom
Gamling
C#major
04daviszoe
Archvile
alt reality
radaddio
Gonz
afrrs
exceptionella
LPorter101
Fatheroftwo
John Denver
Gustopoet2
Dico
Falco
eli27
meenwhile
browneyes11
ellie z
Sabratha
lol
WhereHateRunsRed
paradisedreams
JDM87
Mj2beat
lasttrain
jettfyre80
carrie12
TheFragile
Juicy Jazzy
Draw_It_White
Mr_Chagrin
Z_Splatter
tfsa47090
Marco1211
maninthebox
em81
JayJay
deelightful
RaiseTheFist
MarmaladeSkies
Wideawake
queenfarooq
BurnIt
Lifetime
Jenn
areyoulistening
tragedy79
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

The small questions thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:23 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
What was the message on the RNN announcements that day? Something like "how do you expect us to stay in school on a day like this" ?

Why would you want to be hear on a day like this?

It was a reference to the gorgeous weather. It then snowed that night and I try not to think about that because Danny and Rachel were still outside, it makes me sad

The other quote was "Quit yer bitchin" but Erik V had  to change it.

Where was Erik V on 4/20. He is an interesting guy. He seemed to think of himself as close to E & D then all this happened, then he made those threats the year after.
This is something I am super curious about. I don't know if I ever posted all of this before but I'm not sure if I believe Erik's story about this.

(10914)
Veik stated the RNN features a phrase of the day each day He stated the phrase of the day that had been planned for, he did not feel was appropriate, so he changed it. He wrote the phrase, which was aired that morning. The phrase was “how could you expect us to stay in school on a day like this?" Veik stated the original phrase of the day was by James Davis, a senior. The phrase was "quit your bitching." Davis told Veik he didn't care if it was inappropriate because he was going to be graduating in 16 days. Veik went ahead and changed the phrase because he felt it was inappropriate.

This story is not really verified by James Davis.

(5598)
Davis said he was one the students that works on the Rebel News Network and he was unaware what the phrase of the day was.
He said that he did recall it had 4:20 in it somewhere, and that this had nothing to do with the date other than the fact that it was National Pot Smoking Day.

It's odd to me that Davis had nothing to say about the exchange which supposedly explained why the phrase was changed. Then, another strange thing about this is that when he was interviewed about this a second time only a few weeks later, Erik could no longer remember who came up with the original phrase and added that he frequently changed phrases that other people suggested.

(9098)
Eric Veik was in charge of the graphics for the RNN on the day of the incident. He stated that the phrase was initially something like, "Quit your Bitchin". Veik could not remember who came up with the original phrase. Veik stated he changed the phrase of the day because he did not feel the original phrase was appropriate. Veik made the phrase, "How can you expect us to stay in school on a day like today?" Veik actually typed in the phrase to the graphics generator and stated that he often "cleaned up" the phrases. Veik stated the phrases are not approved by anyone and the whole broadcast is left up to the students to keep within limits. Veik stated he had come up with the phrase because the weather had been bad for some time and was expected to be very nice.

The strangest thing of all is that Eric apparently said the phrase "Quit your bitchin" to Kacey Ruegsegger after she was shot during the shooting. It's noted in the 11k under slightly different wording, with only "bitchin" being in quotes.

(122)
After she moaned, the gunman told her to stop her "bitchin," so she fell and pretended to be dead.

In an interview with People magazine several years later, she gave the exact wording.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I knew who shot me,” says Kacey Ruegsegger of the moment when Harris confronted her in the school library, as she huddled fearfully under a table. “I remember looking straight down the barrel.” In the next instant the shotgun blast blew a hole in her right shoulder and her hand. “I made a moaning noise, I guess,” recalls Ruegsegger. “The gunman told me, ‘Quit your bitching.’ I thought he was going to shoot me again, so I pretended to be dead.”

Aside from that, when asked about whether Eric and Dylan discussed their plans for 4/20 Erik responded by saying this.

(10926)
He said they had talked about Hitler's birthday coming up and talked about a senior prank. He said he did not know what that would be. He said he did not care and did not ask.

Is there any possibility that Davis was not really the one who came up with the original phrase of the day? Is there a chance that Eric Harris asked him to make that the phrase of the day to coincide with Eric and Dylan's "senior prank" but Veik chickened out at the last minute because even though Eric was graduating, he would still be there next year and didn't want to lose his position with the RNN? Did Erik forget that Davis came up with that phrase because he was worried that he was being questioned on this subject a second time because they had found out that his original story wasn't true?

I don't believe Erik had any knowledge that anyone would be hurt but this is something I wonder about. Any additional information is welcome.

(And it's interesting to read Zach Rissmiller's statement on 9096, because this may be an alternative to my suspicions about the "quit your bitchin" phrase and would explain where Erik got the idea for the phrase of the day that he actually used. Even that isn't necessarily as innocent as he made it out to be. I remember other people mentioning that the phrase actually did contain the date 4/20 displayed prominently, though I can't quote them right now, so maybe Erik went with that after all even though most people didn't realize that it was a pot reference as Davis did.)
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 65778
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:30 pm

Personally, I don't believe Eric would have told Erik V. to make that the phrase of the day, I think it's just a coincidence that he reportedly said that during the shooting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:47 pm

Actually now that I think about it may have been Eric Jackson that was talking to Eric H. scratch

WAY to many Eric's/Erik's in that damn group of friends. Makes it a nightmare trying to figure out which one they are talking about or to if the faces are not shown.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:48 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Actually now that I think about it may have been Eric Jackson that was talking to Eric H. scratch

WAY to many Eric's/Erik's in that damn group of friends. Makes it a nightmare trying to figure out which one they are talking about or to if the faces are not shown.

There is also Eric Ault!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 9:53 pm

Littlelo wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:

There is also Eric Ault!

I rest my case! How is anyone supposed to tell them apart? The faces are always blurred, so the only way would be by their voices which is hard as hell to do and be accurate.

This is the main reason why a lot of people think Eric Harris was the one who got the Cinnaminis in the breakfast run video. It was indeed an Eric, but not Eric H.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:02 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Personally, I don't believe Eric would have told Erik V. to make that the phrase of the day
Why not?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 63114
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:06 pm

Is there any info about Eric Jackson in the 11k or elsewhere?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:07 pm

sscc wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Personally, I don't believe Eric would have told Erik V. to make that the phrase of the day
Why not?

It's just my opinion and I definitely don't have anything concrete to back it up. I just don't think Eric would have know he was going to say something like that in advance, especially considering he never planned on getting up close and personal with any of his victims, had the cafeteria bombs detonated.

Plus, if he was going to give Erik a quote for the day, why would he pick "quit your bitchin"? Just seems like a coincidence. But I am obviously open to everyone's opinions!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:09 pm

Littlelo wrote:
sscc wrote:
Littlelo wrote:
Why not?

It's just my opinion and I definitely don't have anything concrete to back it up. I just don't think Eric would have know he was going to say something like that in advance, especially considering he never planned on getting up close and personal with any of his victims, had the cafeteria bombs detonated.

Plus, if he was going to give Erik a quote for the day, why would he pick "quit your bitchin"? Just seems like a coincidence. But I am obviously open to everyone's opinions!

I don't know, Eric was into the whole foreshadowing shit. Maybe he did suggest it to Erik.
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 10:25 pm

Littlelo wrote:

They always planned to shoot some of their victims and I do think that they expected to be shooting victims up close and personal. Shotguns, especially sawed off shotguns (because the shortened barrel decreases velocity and accuracy), are not great long range weapons and they each brought one.

Assuming that the scenario I suggested was true (and of course, it's a major assumption), I don't even know if Eric purposely planned to say that phrase out loud on the day of 4/20 in order to have the phrase of the day linked back to him later on. There's always a possibility that he may have intended the airing of the phrase itself to be an overall final comment to everyone at the school, since he knew most of the people at the school would see the quote and that they would later be mourning and crying for the victims. A taunt from the afterlife in the sense of, "You're all upset that we killed a bunch of of your friends? Well, quit your bitchin' because there's nothing you can do about it now."

We'll never know now and there's no actual proof at all so I can't say that I truly believe it myself but I thought that there was enough info on this to make it a possibility and that it would be an interesting idea to post, whether it's true or not.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:24 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you bring up some really good points there, thanks for explaining your thought process. True or not, it definitely sounds like something Eric would do or want to have done.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192924
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 08, 2017 11:45 pm

I can see Eric with his shit eating grin suggesting things for Erik V to write on that day.

They were treating the day almost like they were in a movie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 11:46 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I can see Eric with his shit eating grin suggesting things for Erik V to write on that day.

He probably made a list of things to suggest to Erik. Haha
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 12:57 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

He probably made a list of things to suggest to Erik. Haha

Yes! Named the list something cool.

Eric V i leave you some great ideas and as a senior you HAVE to listen to me. Don't lose it.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:05 pm

Some people claim that Eric's constant moving around during his childhood had a big impact on how he grew up and formed (or failed to form) relationships and friendships. He even mentions it in his journal that they moved around a lot.

Do you think this had a big effect on Eric and his future actions? The argument could be made that Dylan did not move around yet he still developed similar angers and frustrations.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95449
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:15 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Some people claim that Eric's constant moving around during his childhood had a big impact on how he grew up and formed (or failed to form) relationships and friendships. He even mentions it in his journal that they moved around a lot.

Do you think this had a big effect on Eric and his future actions? The argument could be made that Dylan did not move around yet he still developed similar angers and frustrations.

I think so. And I think Dylan being stagnant contributed for him. They both were very different.

Starting with Dylan though- I think he felt very different from the others around him. And add on that he had never been in a different culture, state etc he had been around the same people basically since birth, he knew nothing else. I think that made him think in his young brain that the world was all the same. That everyone that existed were like those around him. Made him feel very alone. He seemed sheltered. Sue talks about raising her boys with an understanding of the world and how they were very progressive parents....Maybe in her eyes. But I don't see it so much. They treated Byron like a leper when he was only smoking pot. You'd think he was a meth addict or something.... All in all I just think that the life Dylan led, made him feel very isolated and alone. He became depressed thinking that his entire life would be what it was at that very moment and couldn't rise above

On the other end you have Eric. He had moved around a ton and experience a ton of loss. While he did get to meet different kinds of people, live in different areas etc he had to always leave that behind. He never got to settle as a young kid and I am sure after a while when meeting new people wondered to himself if he would have to leave them behind too. I think never getting to have roots as a kid did affect him.

I do wonder if the roles were swapped, and Dylan was the one moving and Eric was the stagnant one if things would have been different. I think if Eric had lived in 1 place his whole life (other than CO) he could have done really well in his life. His previous friends/neighbors had glowing reviews of him. Dylan is a bit more grey because I think he could easily have been overwhelmed. But it is interesting to think about.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:16 pm

Littlelo wrote:

I do think Eric constantly being uprooted and moved around did have a big impact on him. He would get settled and into a routine, make some friends. Then BOOM! He would have to move again.  All the anxieties and stress of each move, a new town, new school, new people, etc.  That would have been very hard to deal with. Eric was always the new comer, the outsider. I don't think he ever got over that feeling even though he knew he wasn't likely to be moving around anymore.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:20 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
.  I do wonder if the roles were swapped, and Dylan was the one moving and Eric was the stagnant one if things would have been different.  I think if Eric had lived in 1 place his whole life (other than CO) he could have done really well in his life.  His previous friends/neighbors had glowing reviews of him.  Dylan is a bit more grey because I think he could easily have been overwhelmed.  But it is interesting to think about.

I agree. I think Eric likely would have had a normal life. It seems that everything went to hell for Eric with that last move.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:29 pm

As a child I once moved to a new school in the middle of the year. It was horrible. Everyone already had friends and trying to break into that was hard.

I think that for Eric when he got to a new school he felt he had something to prove. And if he didn't make friends he decided "well I didn't want to be friends with you anyway" and put on that rude persona. He started the school as a preppy sporty kid and ended up conforming to those that accepted him. I think it was super hard for him to start school in a new place as an older kid as opposed to being younger

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 4:46 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
As a child I once moved to a new school in the middle of the year.  It was horrible.  Everyone already had friends and trying to break into that was hard.

I think that for Eric when he got to a new school he felt he had something to prove.  And if he didn't make friends he decided "well I didn't want to be friends with you anyway" and put on that rude persona.  He started the school as a preppy sporty kid and ended up conforming to those that accepted him.   I think it was super hard for him to start school in a new place as an older kid as opposed to being younger

I agree that Eric was pretty much "F*ck Everything" on the outside, while he was hurting inside.

Most younger kids will accept a new kid easier. While older kids seem to be more judgmental and more into cliques. They are usually less likely to break ranks for someone new as well.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 5:16 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I think so.  And I think Dylan being stagnant contributed for him.  They both were very different.  

Starting with Dylan though- I think he felt very different from the others around him.  And add on that he had never been in a different culture, state etc he had been around the same people basically since birth, he knew nothing else.  I think that made him think in his young brain that the world was all the same.  That everyone that existed were like those around him.  Made him feel very alone.  He seemed sheltered.  Sue talks about raising her boys with an understanding of the world and how they were very progressive parents....Maybe in her eyes.  But I don't see it so much.  They treated Byron like a leper when he was only smoking pot.  You'd think he was a meth addict or something....  All in all I just think that the life Dylan led, made him feel very isolated and alone.  He became depressed thinking that his entire life would be what it was at that very moment and couldn't rise above

On the other end you have Eric.  He had moved around a ton and experience a ton of loss.  While he did get to meet different kinds of people, live in different areas etc he had to always leave that behind.  He never got to settle as a young kid and I am sure after a while when meeting new people wondered to himself if he would have to leave them behind too.  I think never getting to have roots as a kid did affect him.  

I do wonder if the roles were swapped, and Dylan was the one moving and Eric was the stagnant one if things would have been different.  I think if Eric had lived in 1 place his whole life (other than CO) he could have done really well in his life.  His previous friends/neighbors had glowing reviews of him.  Dylan is a bit more grey because I think he could easily have been overwhelmed.  But it is interesting to think about.

Swapping their roles definitely makes for something interesting to think about! I agree that they were very different and Eric probably would have liked staying in one place more than Dylan, who didn't seem to embrace it. I think in the basement tapes, Eric says he wishes he could have gone back to visit old friends from a state he had lived in previously (don't RM which one off the top of my head). Dylan is harder to nail down.

What this illustrates to me, ultimately, is both E&D got to this same point in completely different ways.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:32 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
As a child I once moved to a new school in the middle of the year.  It was horrible.  Everyone already had friends and trying to break into that was hard.

I think that for Eric when he got to a new school he felt he had something to prove.  And if he didn't make friends he decided "well I didn't want to be friends with you anyway" and put on that rude persona.  He started the school as a preppy sporty kid and ended up conforming to those that accepted him.   I think it was super hard for him to start school in a new place as an older kid as opposed to being younger

I agree that Eric was pretty much "F*ck Everything" on the outside, while he was hurting inside.  

Most younger kids will accept a new kid easier. While older kids seem to be more judgmental and more into cliques. They are usually less likely to break ranks for someone new as well.

Did Eric move to Littleton in 6th Grade?

I don't think he became friends with Dylan and them until later in middle school.

I think Eric moving around contributed to a lot of his issues absolutely.

It's sad to think of how lonely and isolated you can feel even with friends, it's a horrible feeling and it exasperates everything else you know?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:34 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I think so.  And I think Dylan being stagnant contributed for him.  They both were very different.  

Starting with Dylan though- I think he felt very different from the others around him.  And add on that he had never been in a different culture, state etc he had been around the same people basically since birth, he knew nothing else.  I think that made him think in his young brain that the world was all the same.  That everyone that existed were like those around him.  Made him feel very alone.  He seemed sheltered.  Sue talks about raising her boys with an understanding of the world and how they were very progressive parents....Maybe in her eyes.  But I don't see it so much.  They treated Byron like a leper when he was only smoking pot.  You'd think he was a meth addict or something....  All in all I just think that the life Dylan led, made him feel very isolated and alone.  He became depressed thinking that his entire life would be what it was at that very moment and couldn't rise above

On the other end you have Eric.  He had moved around a ton and experience a ton of loss.  While he did get to meet different kinds of people, live in different areas etc he had to always leave that behind.  He never got to settle as a young kid and I am sure after a while when meeting new people wondered to himself if he would have to leave them behind too.  I think never getting to have roots as a kid did affect him.  

I do wonder if the roles were swapped, and Dylan was the one moving and Eric was the stagnant one if things would have been different.  I think if Eric had lived in 1 place his whole life (other than CO) he could have done really well in his life.  His previous friends/neighbors had glowing reviews of him.  Dylan is a bit more grey because I think he could easily have been overwhelmed.  But it is interesting to think about.

Swapping their roles definitely makes for something interesting to think about! I agree that they were very different and Eric probably would have liked staying in one place more than Dylan, who didn't seem to embrace it. I think in the basement tapes, Eric says he wishes he could have gone back to visit old friends from a state he had lived in previously (don't RM which one off the top of my head). Dylan is harder to nail down.

What this illustrates to me, ultimately, is both E&D got to this same point in completely different ways.

It was Michigan. He seemed to be really happy when he lived in Michigan. I think in some of his reports he talks about his friends there. Wasn't there a story of his friend falling off of a bike and him not leaving him behind?

Both Eric and Dylan have stories of their friends being hurt and them dropping everything to help them.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:35 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:

Did Eric move to Littleton in 6th Grade?

I don't think he became friends with Dylan and them until later in middle school.

I think Eric moving around contributed to a lot of his issues absolutely.

It's sad to think of how lonely and isolated you can feel even with friends, it's a horrible feeling and it exasperates everything else you know?

yes. Eric moved to Littleton when he was 12. He did not get close to Dylan until Highschool

sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Contribution Points : 121563
Forum Reputation : 1001

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:43 pm

1992 Harris Family move to New York

1992-1993 August to May

Kevin in Grade 9 – Plattsburg, New York

Eric in Grade 6 at Plattsburg Middle School - Plattsburg, New York

Dylan in Grade 6 at Governor’s Ranch Elementary School – Littleton, Colorado

1993 August to ~December

Kevin in Grade 10 – Plattsburgh, New York

Eric in Grade 7 at Stafford Middle School – Plattsburgh, New York

Dylan in Grade 7 at Ken Caryl Middle School – Littleton, Colorado

1993 ~November, Harris Family move to Littleton, Colorado

Eric stated the 2 most traumatic experiences in his life: 1) moving from Plattsburg, NY & 2) January 30 1998 Incident

*12-16-93 – At 12, Eric has Surgical Correction of Pectus Excavatum

1994 January to June

Kevin in Grade 10 at Columbine High School

Eric/Dylan both in Grade 7 at Ken Caryl Middle School – Littleton, Colorado

~April/May ’94 – Eric and Dylan become friends

*06-09-94 – At 13, Eric has a steel strut removed from the previous surgery

1994-1995 August to May

Kevin in Grade 11 at Columbine High School

Eric/Dylan both in Grade 8 at Ken Caryl Middle School – Littleton, Colorado

Semester 1 late August 1994 – December 1994

*November 1994 - at 13, Eric first played DOOM

Semester 2 early January 1995 - May 1995

1995-1996 August to July

Kevin in Grade 12 at Columbine High School

Eric/Dylan in Grade 9 at Columbine High School – Littleton, Colorado
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:44 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I was surprised to learn it was just pot that Byron was smoking. I thought for sure he was dropping acid and stealing money from his parents to pay for his habit the way he was described.

It's one thing opening up someones eyes to the world and another thing to actually experience it. The Klebolds remind me SO much of my parents. I can see why Dylan had a hard time opening up.

I think some more travel could have opened up a world for Dylan, granted Arizona is out of state but I feel like he'd still get the Colorado type feel from people. I'd say he would have thrived in NYC or maybe somewhere in Northern California. Then again though, if he was to have his mental health issues, who knows? They can strike anyone. He may have been more open to getting help if he met more people who struggled through depression etc.

Dylan both had an inferiority complex but was VERY snobbish about a lot of things, I mean his report for diversion he blatantly said he was too good for this and they were all idiots.

Thank you Lizpuff. I wonder what drew the two of them together? Eric seemed to take a liking to things Dylan liked and they kind of bonded. Maybe it was a little bit of Dylans "God like" feeling like "someone looks up to me!  NICE"

Sororityalpha- Thank you! That is great info.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:

I was surprised to learn it was just pot that Byron was smoking. I thought for sure he was dropping acid and stealing money from his parents to pay for his habit the way he was described.

It's one thing opening up someones eyes to the world and another thing to actually experience it. The Klebolds remind me SO much of my parents. I can see why Dylan had a hard time opening up.

I think some more travel could have opened up a world for Dylan, granted Arizona is out of state but I feel like he'd still get the Colorado type feel from people. I'd say he would have thrived in NYC or maybe somewhere in Northern California. Then again though, if he was to have his mental health issues, who knows? They can strike anyone. He may have been more open to getting help if he met more people who struggled through depression etc.

Dylan both had an inferiority complex but was VERY snobbish about a lot of things, I mean his report for diversion he blatantly said he was too good for this and they were all idiots.

Thank you Lizpuff. I wonder what drew the two of them together? Eric seemed to take a liking to things Dylan liked and they kind of bonded. Maybe it was a little bit of Dylans "God like" feeling like "someone looks up to me!  NICE"

Sororityalpha- Thank you! That is great info.

I always thought that the Klebold's seemed very hard on Byron in that regard as well. Like he was some sort of hardened drug criminal.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:00 pm

If Dylan could have opened himself up the move would have been great for him. The IF involved there though is giant

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:02 pm

It also makes me think maybe the other things were going on. Especially when Dylan wrote down on his diversion file that Byron wasn't part of his life out of my life and I don't have a problem with that. (Paraphrasing)

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:13 pm

I read somewhere that the diversionbomb was planted near Ken Caryl Middle School. Do you think this was because they hated that school as well?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:15 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
I read somewhere that the diversionbomb was planted near Ken Caryl Middle School. Do you think this was because they hated that school as well?

Its likely they did hate that school as well. But the bomb placement was just to divert police away from Columbine.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:22 pm

How do you know? It could've been both.

Eric talking about his friends from Michigan and Dylan saying he was alone until he met Zach who later ditched him kinda implies it is a possibility.

Maybe they wanted people to also know they didn't care much for their past, aka middle school.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:43 pm

munchkinphone wrote:

Eric talking about his friends from Michigan and Dylan saying he was alone until he met Zach who later ditched him kinda implies it is a possibility.

Maybe they wanted people to also know they didn't care much for their past, aka middle school.

Yes it could have been both. But I still think that it was just a place to divert attention away from what would be happening at Columbine.

Now IF they had somehow managed to place a bomb IN the middle school. Then that would be a different story. If the bomb was actually at Ken Caryl, then yeah you could say that they likely had issues with it as well.

Also to my knowledge no where is the middle school talked about in regards to their plans for NBK. Someone please correct me if I am wrong! Smile
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 7:49 pm

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

Yes it could have been both. But I still think that it was just a place to divert attention away from what would be happening at Columbine.

Now IF they had somehow managed to place a bomb IN the middle school. Then that would be a different story. If the bomb was actually at Ken Caryl, then yeah you could say that they likely had issues with it as well.

Also to my knowledge no where is the middle school talked about in regards to their plans for NBK. Someone please correct me if I am wrong! Smile

I tend to agree with you there. I think it was to divert attention away, and the fact that it was near the middle school didn't make much of a difference.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 8:02 pm

"According to Dylan, with the exception of his parents, his extended family treated him like the runt of the litter.

Dylan: "You made me what I am. You added to the rage."

Dylan says that as far back as the Foothills Day Care center he hated the "stuck-up" kids who he felt hated him. "Being shy didn't help. I'm going to kill you all. You've been giving us shit for years."

He was angry at kids even back in Day Care according to the transcript.

I never gave the diversion bomb or its location any thought. I always thought they did it to start a fire or something but not really injure anyone too much, since they wanted the biggest damage to be to CHS.

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 09, 2017 8:20 pm

I don't know if I would say that the diversion bomb was even placed that close to the middle school. I think the school would be close to the tip of the upward facing arrow indicating the scale, on the north side of Ken Caryl Avenue.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 3:24 pm

Thanks for the clarification, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]!
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 3:40 pm

Do we have any way of knowing what format the depositions will be in when they are released? I hear most people say they will just be transcripts.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 3:53 pm

[quote="Littlelo"]Do we have any way of knowing what format the depositions will be in when they are released? I hear most people say they will just be transcripts. [/quote

I'm not sure, from a quick search I see a lot of times the videos are released as well as transcripts.

I think most of the families (the Klebolds and Dawn- Laurens mom) want everything released. There was a quote from her saying she was frustrated they weren't released right away because she had so much to say but couldn't talk about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 3:59 pm

I don't care how they are released, be it transcripts, video, audio, interpretive dance. Hell I'll take anything. Haha
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 4:12 pm

I would be SO happy to have videos versus just transcripts. I think it would be similar to TBT; having the words just isn't the same as seeing body language, reactions, expressions, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 4:19 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I would be SO happy to have videos versus just transcripts. I think it would be similar to TBT; having the words just isn't the same as seeing body language, reactions, expressions, etc.

Agreed, just a few more years to wait.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 9:39 pm

In the notes to Kristi Epling in german class Eric writes "hey, stay away from those Frostys (redacted…), they might explode some day by no fault of mine! and you could get hurt"

What is frostys?
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 10, 2017 11:06 pm

Maybe Wendy's frosty's? I can't think of what else it would be..
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 12:50 am

munchkinphone wrote:
In the notes to Kristi Epling in german class Eric writes "hey, stay away from those Frostys (redacted…), they might explode some day by no fault of mine! and you could get hurt"

What is frostys?

Dry ice?
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 1:12 am

What I am thinking is that Kristi stored some of the material used for making bombs or actual bombs.

Water and propane can make frosty explosions.

Also there is this quote from Eric in the basement tapes: The napalm better not freeze at that certain person’s house

later talking about chris pizza house (why say a certain person if you later say the name? probably not the same house)

Look at theese videos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kristi hid the german class notes and she lied about what was on them and that she threw them away. In the 11k it is written that she was gonna take a polygraphtest may 28 but I cant find the results on that.

The notes where written late november 98, She dated Eric in January 99 and the quote from the basementtapes are from march 18th 99.

After mentioning the frostys in the german class notes Eric says "Hey, your smart, do something cool when you grow up." Totally out of context.
"God knows I dont want to be an angel".

I just feel like this implies that he is not gonna grow up and that he does not care that what he is going to do is immoral. I just feel like Kristi must've known something even if the frostything might be something completely different.

I wanna know how the polygraph went, if anyone has any info on that or more info regarding Epling please share <3
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 1:54 am

That is amazing, I never caught this... I'm interested in knowing about the polygraph too. Nate had one too I think?

You're probably right, I never delved that much into Kristi.

Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 2:01 am

I don't want to detract from the Kristi discussion but I have a quick question about Radioactive Clothing

-did I miss something. At the end why is Tex passed out on the couch?

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 2:18 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I'm interested in knowing about the polygraph too. Nate had one too I think?
Yep, and I think Nate showed some deception. I know that he decided to confess some of the knowledge that he had previously withheld about pipe bombs and explosives (unrelated to 4/20).

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] That really is very interesting. Thank you for pointing it out.
Back to top Go down
novaprospekt

novaprospekt

Contribution Points : 59430

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 9:31 am

I have a cousin that lives in Colorado who actually worked a part-time job in the cafeteria of Columbine just a few years ago. This got me thinking, has any of the students currently attending Columbine share what it looks like inside now? Like a vlog or a something? Idk i'm just interested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 19 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20  Next