Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
+104
Screamingophelia
Littlelo
starrwilliams
ColumbineIsInterestingAF
droolgag
REBdoomer1999
gumshoe
James411
nicolonoscopy
TheSpiral
dontknow43
sexysin
Pennydreadful
KatieJean1988
ehunterjumper
W.A.R.
myshame
Rose The Hat
Holloka
EGSandrew
Scarletmoon
YouDontSeeMe
Lucy
Selah
suburbanmessiah
spidEr
Acid84
vin_diesel
jada887
Grayscale
spinvault
jp2892
Kiwik
lilith
Kida
aquillina
sororityalpha
bubbles
Freezingmoon
shades
cypressdustwitch
Vii
sscc
Lizpuff
PaintItBlack
ThoughtBox
cyn1231
astrospace92
Jayhawk80
Belladonna
slippy123
Gctiger
human_abstract
Jbow89
TaylorsMom
Gamling
C#major
04daviszoe
Archvile
alt reality
radaddio
Gonz
afrrs
exceptionella
LPorter101
Fatheroftwo
John Denver
Gustopoet2
Dico
Falco
eli27
meenwhile
browneyes11
ellie z
Sabratha
lol
WhereHateRunsRed
paradisedreams
JDM87
Mj2beat
lasttrain
jettfyre80
carrie12
TheFragile
Juicy Jazzy
Draw_It_White
Mr_Chagrin
Z_Splatter
tfsa47090
Marco1211
maninthebox
em81
JayJay
deelightful
RaiseTheFist
MarmaladeSkies
Wideawake
queenfarooq
BurnIt
Lifetime
Jenn
areyoulistening
tragedy79
108 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192672
Forum Reputation : 1317

The small questions thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 11, 2017 9:30 am

novaprospekt wrote:
I have a cousin that lives in Colorado who actually worked a part-time job in the cafeteria of Columbine just a few years ago. This got me thinking, has any of the students currently attending Columbine share what it looks like inside now? Like a vlog or a something? Idk i'm just interested.

I haven't seen anything from current students but on Everlasting Contrast there are photos from someones blog and a write up of visiting the school during a presentation on the massacre. They went to the theatre, they said the cafeteria is brightly colored and sunlit, the commons are all encased in windows. It was an official visit and presentation, no sneaking in pretending to be a student! LOL.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 12, 2017 11:32 pm

I saw someone mentioning that Sue said Dylan scared people just by sitting near them. In her book she said the exact opposite of that, the only time she mentioned anything close to that was how he looked in his junior year ID photo. She said it made him look really unapproachable and she didn't like it. Did I miss something?

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95199
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 8:34 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I saw someone mentioning that Sue said Dylan scared people just by sitting near them. In her book she said the exact opposite of that, the only time she mentioned anything close to that was how he looked in his junior year ID photo. She said it made him look really unapproachable and she didn't like it. Did I miss something?

There was the one mcdonalds incident but that more seemed like Dylan was scared of others and what they thought of him. Sue thought it was due to his long black coat.

Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 8:35 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I don't want to detract from the Kristi discussion but I have a quick question about Radioactive Clothing

-did I miss something. At the end why is Tex passed out on the couch?

It isn't well established but Tex was hit by some of the clothing in the basement.

Littlelo

Littlelo

Contribution Points : 65528
Forum Reputation : 90

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:11 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
What I am thinking is that Kristi stored some of the material used for making bombs or actual bombs.

Water and propane can make frosty explosions.

Also there is this quote from Eric in the basement tapes: The napalm better not freeze at that certain person’s house

later talking about chris pizza house (why say a certain person if you later say the name? probably not the same house)

Look at theese videos:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Kristi hid the german class notes and she lied about what was on them and that she threw them away. In the 11k it is written that she was gonna take a polygraphtest may 28 but I cant find the results on that.

The notes where written late november 98, She dated Eric in January 99 and the quote from the basementtapes are from march 18th 99.

After mentioning the frostys in the german class notes Eric says "Hey, your smart, do something cool when you grow up." Totally out of context.
"God knows I dont want to be an angel".

I just feel like this implies that he is not gonna grow up and that he does not care that what he is going to do is immoral. I just feel like Kristi must've known something even if the frostything might be something completely different.

I wanna know how the polygraph went, if anyone has any info on that or more info regarding Epling please share <3

I personally don't believe Kristi knew about NBK. She had a younger brother inside the school at the time who, according to the 11k, happened to be in the science room with Dave Sanders. I doubt she would have allowed him to be in the school that day had she known.

Whether she knew about or was involved in any other aspects, I would have to do more research. It would be great if we could see her polygraph results.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 2:16 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:
I don't want to detract from the Kristi discussion but I have a quick question about Radioactive Clothing

It isn't well established but Tex was hit by some of the clothing in the basement.  

Thank you Liz! For both answers.

I forgot about the McDonalds incident in the book. She said something like 'if you wear a long black coat, you're going to get attention"

I always felt like (arm chair psychologist time) Dylan had a bit of paranoia and delusions.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 3:24 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
Lizpuff wrote:
Screamingophelia wrote:

Thank you Liz! For both answers.

I forgot about the McDonalds incident in the book. She said something like 'if you wear a long black coat, you're going to get attention"

I always felt like (arm chair psychologist time) Dylan had a bit of paranoia and delusions.

The paranoia for sure.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 3:53 pm

Do you guys feel like "Reb" and "VoDKa" were alter-egos for E&D? Or do you think they thought of themselves as those personas and slowly became them as things deteriorated?

Personally I don't think they used them as alternate identities to disassociate; I think they believed they were one in the same.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 3:56 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Do you guys feel like "Reb" and "VoDKa" were kinds of alter-egos for E&D? Or do you think they thought of themselves as those personas and slowly became them as things deteriorated?

Personally I don't think they used them as alternate identities to disassociate; I think they believed they were one in the same.

I think REB was what Eric wished he could be. In my opinion he used the REB mask to shield himself.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 3:58 pm

One thing I found interesting is that Eric integrated "reb" into his everyday life. He even told people at his work to call him that. He signed papers with an R etc. It seemed to be who he wanted to be.

Dylan didn't seem to appreciate the nickname and did not take to it as Eric did. Dylan for the most part called Eric "Eric" not Reb. So I don't think he was so keen on having that name.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:01 pm

I think VoDKa was just a nickname to him,I think his friends started calling him that after he downed a whole bottle but Eric gave himself the name Reb.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:01 pm

while I agree that Dylan didn't seem to be as into the nicknames, he did sign with it in his journal and in people's yearbooks.

I do agree that Eric "aspired" to be Reb, which was a person he created in his own mind.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:06 pm

Littlelo wrote:
while I agree that Dylan didn't seem to be as into the nicknames, he did sign with it in his journal and in people's yearbooks.

I do agree that Eric "aspired" to be Reb, which was a person he created in his own mind.

I moreso meant that Eric wrote Vodka when discussing Dylan, and Dylan didn't really call Eric Reb except when it came to like the rebel mission type deals

Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:08 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Littlelo wrote:

I moreso meant that Eric wrote Vodka when discussing Dylan, and Dylan didn't really call Eric Reb except when it came to like the rebel mission type deals

Ah ok, gotcha. You're right, Eric would write Vodka or "V" in his journals. Is there anywhere that Dylan wrote "Reb"?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:14 pm

In Eric's junior yearbook. Dylan writes several pages to Eric and calls him "Reb"

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:15 pm

I remember I used to think that they kept their nicknames secret or between the two of them. I was surprised when I found out most of their friends or classmates knew of the nicknames.

It is interesting to note that Dylan was given his, while Eric created his.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:40 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I remember I used to think that they kept their nicknames secret or between the two of them. I was surprised when I found out most of their friends or classmates knew of the nicknames.

It is interesting to note that Dylan was given his, while Eric created his.

The fact Eric did invent his nickname then wanted to be called only REB is one of the reasons why I think he adopted that persona to hide behind.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:43 pm

I agree. Even his bosses at work called him Reb. Wasn't there a 911 call from one of the guys that worked with them and he referred to Eric as Reb?

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 4:53 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
I agree. Even his bosses at work called him Reb. Wasn't there a 911 call from one of the guys that worked with them and he referred to Eric as Reb?

There were people who didn't even know his real name lol

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 5:12 pm

Yea that's pretty funny lol.

Reb (in Eric's mind)- bad ass, nihilistic, excellent pizza maker...

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 6:39 pm

I swear when I first heard the Pumped Up Kicks song I thought the first line was "Reb's got a quick hand"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 6:45 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I swear when I first heard the Pumped Up Kicks song I thought the first line was "Reb's got a quick hand"

It does kinda sound like that's what he said.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 13, 2017 10:27 pm

Has anyone seen this? It's part of Dylan's shit list. One of the names was unredacted

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Contribution Points : 82046
Forum Reputation : 523

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 9:10 am

You might like this thread.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 10:30 am

Thank you!!

Contribution Points : 62864
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 12:22 pm

Screamingophelia wrote:
That is amazing, I never caught this... I'm interested in knowing about the polygraph too. Nate had one too I think?

You're probably right, I never delved that much into Kristi.

Nate did not want people to know that she was his girlfriend after the shooting either. I feel like Nate and Kristi where tricked to contribute somehow even if they where unaware of what they where contributing to OR they just got hints that they missed and therefore they felt a bit guilty.

But as long as nobody knows what Frostys is supposed to mean I will have a little thought that it could be a nickname for some type of bomb just like "crickets"

English is not my first language so I dont know if there is a possibility that Eric is referring to people? Is it something you ever hear someone say? Like a demeaning word or something?
"Those frostys better watch it!" Hahaha

If he is not referring to people it must be explosives.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:21 pm

Nate's polygraph showed that he was being deceptive when answering questions about his knowledge/involvement. I've heard that lie detectors aren't always accurate or reliable, but it is interesting.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Littlelo wrote:
Nate's polygraph showed that he was being deceptive when answering questions about his knowledge/involvement. I've heard that lie detectors aren't always accurate or reliable, but it is interesting.

Especially if you're nervous and trying to remember anything that may have come up in the course of a year... Nate may have been thinking of any little time that Eric or Dylan made a comment that could have insinuated what was going to happen.

Why didn't Nate want anyone to know he was dating Kristi?

Also who else had a polygraph? I know Brooks did as well.
Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:49 pm

I believe Dustin Gorton, Chris Morris, or Zach Heckler may also have had them.

Brooks ended up taking a second one with a private company after the results of the first test indicated he hadn't been truthful.

EDIT: here are Dustin's results

And Zach's

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 1:57 pm

Littlelo wrote:
I believe Dustin Gorton, Chris Morris, or Zach Heckler may also have had them.

Brooks ended up taking a second one with a private company after the results of the first test indicated he hadn't been truthful.

EDIT: here are Dustin's results

And Zach's

Thanks! I think you're right about Chris.

I wonder if Robyn had one?

Did we ever find out who called in the tip about Robyn buying the guns for them?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:00 pm

Thanks Littlelo, so Zach's was inconclusive.

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:08 pm

If Robyn took one, I didn't see it in the 11k.

When she was interviewed, the investigator noted she looked nervous and hesitant to tell them more, but eventually came clean about the guns. I can't tell if they already knew at the time she confessed and wanted to see if she would tell the truth, or if she was the first to notify them.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:20 pm

Robyn first told her friend then her mom about buying the guns. Then she contacted the police herself

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
Robyn first told her friend then her mom about buying the guns.  Then she contacted the police herself

Thank you for the info. That must have been really stressful for her. Sad

I've always wondered too about Dylan, what made him so odd? Maybe since I have been called weird and odd for years and honestly have NO idea why, I asked someone I was dating once why his sister in law thought I was weird and he said it was because I wore hats and didn't drink cheap wine....... it's a cloche hat, it's fashionable.

I wonder what was so strange about him. Was it just he was shy and awkward? In the videos where he is talking he doesn't sound like or seem any weirder than any teenage boy who is shy that I knew of.

Brooks said he was like Napolean Dynamite without the humor or dancing, I don't get that at all. Obviously Brooks would have a better idea since he knew him but he exaggerates too.

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:11 pm

Dylan was just shy around people he didn't know too well. Devon Adams said it was rare for him to hang out with or talk to certain people alone. He was more comfortable in a group setting where there wasn't pressure for him to hold up a conversation. I know a lot of people like that.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:25 pm

I googled a cloche hat. Had no idea what it was by name but they are too cute!

I agree. Dylan was probably quiet, and didn't say much when spoken to. Add in the long black coat, weird t shirts and general weirdness he seemed to have (social anxiety) I am sure he came off weirder than he was

spidEr

spidEr

Contribution Points : 68601
Forum Reputation : 145

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:27 pm

Devon went as far as to say that Dylan didn't know how to interact with people in the Lundi Investigation 2007.
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:55 pm

-Nate is seen in his truck by Robyn at 7:15 or 7:20. (010635)
-Sara Leary states that she went into the school 7:30 with Eric Harris. (006774)
He went to the arts hall.
-Nate states Eric did not show up for Video production class 7:40. (010695)

Robyn also states that bowling class usually ends at 8.
Where can I find schedules to see if that is correct?
Was Nate seen in bowling class by others?

Back to top Go down
Littlelo

Littlelo

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 pm

Nate was the only one from their bowling team marked as present that day. (Other members were Eric, Dylan, and Chris Morris). Though Chris has always maintained that he was there that morning.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 3:57 pm

munchkinphone wrote:
-Sara Leary states that she went into the school 7:30 with Eric Harris. (006774)

You can find them in the 11k (page forthcoming) but yes Nate was seen by people at bowling and was marked as being in class by the teacher. The rest were marked absent

munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 14, 2017 4:55 pm

Lizpuff wrote:
munchkinphone wrote:

You can find them in the 11k (page forthcoming) but yes Nate was seen by people at bowling and was marked as being in class by the teacher.  The rest were marked absent

Ok, I found that the Psychologyteacher also thinks Epling knew something based on how upset she was at clement park at 4/20. (010137)

I will try to find schedules tomorrow. Something is shady about her and Nate...
And what was Eric doing in school 7:30? I gotta take a look at the school map and check where the hell he was going if it was not video production class.

-------

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The small questions thread
Page 20 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20