Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

So when did it all come together?

Go down 
AuthorMessage

So when did it all come together? Empty
PostSubject: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 12:44 pm

When did they decide to do it? When did they stop joking and took it seriously? I reckon around '98. I wonder if there was a change in their diary entries after they had started planning.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 1:18 pm

1/30/98 (One of the) "January Incidents" - getting caught stealing from the van by cops and doing diversion for the year fueled the upset over being under authorities thumb.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:47 pm

So what do you think would have happened if they weren't caught? Or never broken into the van in the first place?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 2:52 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:
So what do you think would have happened if they weren't caught? Or never broken into the van in the first place?

So did they just decided after that day to shoot everybody? I think not. Yes, that may be the start of the long and winding road, but how can you put it as that date?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:49 pm

CatherineM813 wrote:

I think E&D would've found some other excuses if they had never broken into the van.  However, that experience was so humiliating and made them look really reckless.  I would imagine Eric felt especially stupid and not self aware enough to get away with a theft.  I mean, they must've stolen computer equipment from the tech lab at CHS all the time and got away with it but now they're just plain..sloppy...Caught by a copy redhanded.  Eric didn't want to give the true story (actually blames Dylan!) so Dylan ended up coughing up the truth to the cop. They were just completely unaware and smug, checking out their loot, and suddenly the cop shines a flash light on them.  On top of that, they had to deal with more authority figures: Their parents coming down to the station as they're standing around looking like juveniles in handcuffs. I'm sure that stung real bad.  Plus they had to be extra careful and good after that.  Enough reason to let the rage build and simmer.

I think getting caught and reprimended by authority figures is key. The humiliation and feeling put in their place made them burn for revenge on society.

But if it wasn't that incident, it would've been something else. Some other excuse to make it into the defining crossroads moment for seriously choosing to go NBK.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 26, 2013 4:59 pm

Panzerjoust wrote:
CatherineM813 wrote:

So did they just decided after that day to shoot everybody? I think not. Yes, that may be the start of the long and winding road, but how can you put it as that date?

No, I think they chatted about NBK before then, however, getting busted for the van break-in was that shove in the wrong direction. It was a defining moment that fueled their motivations to go NBK.
No longer half baked jokes and playing around with proto-type pipe bombs. Now they were prepared to build an arsenal and take revenge.

I recall Dylan's tampon/ketchup incident occured in January as well so his "wrath on the commons would be godlike". Another straw that broke the camels back combined with the van theft.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So when did it all come together?   So when did it all come together? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So when did it all come together?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: