Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How many people had lawsuits filed against them?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Szabo

Contribution Points : 67488
Forum Reputation : 35

How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Empty
PostSubject: How many people had lawsuits filed against them?   How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:09 am

Another thing I've wondered is how are they actually paid? I can't imagine neither of the families had the financial resources to pay some of the figures I've seen. I believe Sue may have touched on this subject in her book, but I can't quite remember what she said.
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95974
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: How many people had lawsuits filed against them?   How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:24 am

Szabo wrote:
Another thing I've wondered is how are they actually paid? I can't imagine neither of the families had the financial resources to pay some of the figures I've seen. I believe Sue may have touched on this subject in her book, but I can't quite remember what she said.

They had insurance that paid a ton, but I Think they also took out loans against their house

Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How many people had lawsuits filed against them?   How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:40 am

Robyn was sued, correct? That is a good question about payment too, Robyn was 18 but still a student, she probably didn't have a lot. Would her parents have had to pay?

Sue did talk about it in her book. She said Dylan's life insurance covered their first legal bill but there were a lot more after. She mentioned it helped going back to work, her salary alleviated the burden a bit but Tom couldn't find work after when potential clients discovered who he was.

Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: How many people had lawsuits filed against them?   How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 21, 2017 11:49 am

This article may help a little

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How many people had lawsuits filed against them?   How many people had lawsuits filed against them? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How many people had lawsuits filed against them?
Page 1 of 1