Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DooMRebel

DooMRebel

Contribution Points : 62869
Forum Reputation : 0

Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Empty
PostSubject: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 12:17 pm

I'm just wondering if Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked with each other after the massacre.

1Mare1

Contribution Points : 61369
Forum Reputation : 10

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 12:22 pm

I think they were not allowed to, Harrises hardly spoke with anyone, after all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 12:30 pm

At the time due to legal reasons they were not aloud to talk to anyone. Now if they may have spoken to each other after all the legal issues were settled is anyone's guess. It's really not known if they have had any dialog in the years since Columbine.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 193506
Forum Reputation : 1317

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 29, 2017 1:14 pm

I also wonder if they read Sue's book?

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 6:51 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
I also wonder if they read Sue's book?

There's an old saying where I am from that your ears will burn if someone is talking bad about you. So if they did read it, then one would assume that Sue's ears were on fire! I'm sure the way she pretty much said Eric was just a psychopath who pulled Dylan into his sick plan wasn't well received.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 11:10 am

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a phone call or letter written to her by Eric's parents if they did read it. I don't necessarily think Dylan was an awful person, before his actions on 4/20 of course. A lot of what she says is probably VERY true, I bet if any of us met him before that day we would have thought he was shy but nice. However most people say that about Eric too(not the shyness) . I get irritated when all the blame is put on Eric too, there were 2 of them that day that fully participated. I'm preaching to the choir now so to speak.

The saying I heard was a little different, it was your ears ringing, my grandma would say your left ear was something bad and your right ear was something good LOL.

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 30, 2017 11:25 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
The saying I heard was a little different, it was your ears ringing, my grandma would say your left ear was something bad and your right ear was something good LOL.

The one I heard was if your left hand was itching that something bad was going to happen, and if it was your right hand then it meant something good would happen! Just goes to show you that old sayings are different depending on where you live. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Erosion271

Erosion271

Contribution Points : 60413
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:05 am

I know Sue Klebold has spoken to the Harris' a few times since 99 (think she mentioned she's made an effort to make sure her words are not her speaking on behalf of the Harris' everytime they're predictably brought up in interviews)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 9:58 am

If she has, I would love to have heard those conversations.
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 02, 2017 10:22 am

Every time I hear a story about Kathy Harris she is weeping Sad it's heartbreaking.

PostSubject: Re: Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?   Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Did Eric's parents and Dylan's parents ever talked to each other?
Page 1 of 1