Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Robyn's Gun Purchase

Go down 
+3
Jollyhelpful
Giga143
Screamingophelia
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 192899
Forum Reputation : 1317

Robyn's Gun Purchase Empty
PostSubject: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeSat Oct 21, 2017 5:57 pm

Back in 1999 Robyn could buy 3 of the 4 guns with just her ID for E&D, she didn't get in any trouble but then I had a thought.

They were on probation for the van break in at that time. They had a felony hanging over their heads. I wonder if either of the boys were 18, if they could have bought the guns on their own while on probation? I suppose without a background check the could have.
Back to top Go down
Giga143

Giga143

Contribution Points : 60023
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 1:13 am

Yes they could have bought them if they both were 18 because they werent strict big on gun control back then. A month after the massacre congress started talkimg about background checks.
Back to top Go down
Jollyhelpful

Jollyhelpful

Contribution Points : 65369
Forum Reputation : 70

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeSun Oct 22, 2017 6:31 pm

Also, They purchased their guns from private dealers so all they would've needed is their ID's, for proof of age. No background check, no waiting period
Back to top Go down
Lizpuff

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 9:52 am

Jollyhelpful wrote:
Also, They purchased their guns from private dealers so all they would've needed is their ID's, for proof of age. No background check, no waiting period

Correct.

The thing that bothers me about this is....one of the dealers remembered Eric and Dylan. They had gone to him prior and asked to buy a gun and he said no because they were underage. So when they came back with Robyn he asked "did you bring someone 18 this time?"

Like wtf dude.....you know this 18 year old girl is buying the guns for these guys. You give it to them anyway? I know legally it was not illegal to sell to her but morally it was wrong.

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:13 am

I don't really think it was morally wrong of him to sell the guns while likely knowing that Robyn was buying them for Eric and Dylan, UNLESS he knew what they had planned on doing with them. To him it was just another transaction. Probably one that he had done countless times, which is how E&D found him. They knew he would sell the guns as long as the outward appearance of checking an ID was done.

But can you imagine what was going through his head when he he realized that he supplied three of the four weapons that E&D used?
Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:18 am

There are stricter rules when a 21+ person buys alcohol for someone under 21 but not when an 18 year old buys someone younger a gun... food for thought.

He probably felt similar to when Mark Manes and Phillip Duran realized what Eric and Dylan were doing. Mark was the only one to sell an actual illegal gun right?

There was a story from Robyn's friend and I think it is in the 11k but she asked Robyn what it was like going to the prom with a murderer and if that were me and I bought 3 of the 4 guns I would have been thinking "I have bigger problems than that.."

Lizpuff

Contribution Points : 95424
Forum Reputation : 1190

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:27 am

ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I don't really think it was morally wrong of him to sell the guns while likely knowing that Robyn was buying them for Eric and Dylan, UNLESS he knew what they had planned on doing with them. To him it was just another transaction. Probably one that he had done countless times, which is how E&D found him. They knew he would sell the guns as long as the outward appearance of checking an ID was done.

But can you imagine what was going through his head when he he realized that he supplied three of the four weapons that E&D used?

I guess maybe it is just my thinking but I don't like the idea of providing guns to minors. Even 18 year olds....I mean I think of me when I was 18 and omfg....I should never have had access to any weapons.

If it is illegal to supply guns to a minor, and you know a gun is going to go to a minor....that just seems wrong to me. Unless it was Eric's dad providing the ID.. if a parent were doing it w/e I guess...at least you know the parent is aware. But having a peer who just happens to be 18 come in to vouch just seems icky

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:37 am

I agree! I always thought the age limits on things were way off back then. You could buy a gun at 18, but not legally drink until 21. It was like "Here kid, here is a gun that has the potential to kill, BUT you still can't have a drink until you mature a wee bit more." That just made no sense.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess

Contribution Points : 61334
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 10:43 am

You can still buy long guns at 18. I have no issue with it, but then again I was raised around guns.

Contribution Points : 66938
Forum Reputation : 35

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeMon Oct 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Quote :
There was a story from Robyn's friend and I think it is in the 11k but she asked Robyn what it was like going to the prom with a murderer and if that were me and I bought 3 of the 4 guns I would have been thinking "I have bigger problems than that.."

I believe that was actually asked by the father of one of Robyn's friends on the day of the actual shooting. An awful thing to have said.

Back to top Go down
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 12:52 am

That IS horrible.

It's interesting to learn how their different friend groups and acquaintances were treated. I'm not sure if Zach and Devon got any hate after. They had their own crap to deal with of course but I've never heard of them getting shit like Chris Morris, Eric V, Robyn, Nate or Brooks.

I still feel like Robyn had a thing for Dylan and thought getting the guns and going to prom with him would kind of get her into the fold more. Would I have done it if I was her.. yea. I'm younger than Dylan so I wouldn't have been 18 then but I was a senior like them, birthday in October (today actually and it's been crappy UGH) but I digress if the rumors are true and she did really like Dylan, I get it.

Contribution Points : 69573
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:53 am

Screamingophelia wrote:
That IS horrible.

It's interesting to learn how their different friend groups and acquaintances were treated. I'm not sure if Zach and Devon got any hate after. They had their own crap to deal with of course but I've never heard of them getting shit like Chris Morris, Eric V, Robyn, Nate or Brooks.

I still feel like Robyn had a thing for Dylan and thought getting the guns and going to prom with him would kind of get her into the fold more. Would I have done it if I was her.. yea. I'm younger than Dylan so I wouldn't have been 18 then but I was a senior like them, birthday in October (today actually and it's been crappy UGH) but I digress if the rumors are true and she did really like Dylan, I get it.

Well happy bday!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Robyn's Gun Purchase   Robyn's Gun Purchase Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Robyn's Gun Purchase
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: