Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

 

 FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents

Go down 
+6
Jenn
sororityalpha
InsaneIntruder
silentprocess
sscc
howgoyoufar
10 posters
AuthorMessage
howgoyoufar




Posts : 14
Contribution Points : 60489
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-07

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 12:35 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Seems to be a LOT of information here to dig through. Let me know what you guys think.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:14 pm

OH MAN.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 2:55 pm

Well, the first 535 pages contained nothing new as far as I could see and the last 100 or so pages seemed to be duplicates of the first 100 or so pages.

Lots of completely redacted subpoenas, warrants and other documents with absolutely no information and very few actual interviews. Of the interviews that are included, most of the information is unrelated to Adam Lanza or the Lanza family or is from neighbors who didn't really know them. Interviews with what are most likely Adam's father and brother start on page 129 but these were already included in the originally released documents. Much of the interviews are redacted.

The single bit of information that I don't remember seeing before is that Adam sometimes slept on the floor or slept without pillows but I may have just forgotten about this since it came from an interview that I know that I already read.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:08 pm

Interesting interview with a neighbor on page 151 of the second part which I don't remember seeing before.

This person said Nancy removed Adam from St. Rose because he was "flunking religion." I don't remember hearing that anywhere else.

They also said that although they were not friends, the interviewee heard Nancy make a derogatory remark about Peter Lanza after the divorce. I guess this isn't unusual when people divorce but it's interesting to know that she would do this in front of a person she barely knew.

It also says that Adam was into Japanese manga, which was probably obvious since we knew he was into anime and Japanese music in middle school, but I'm not sure I've seen someone mention it before.

Last interesting bit of information is that "there were always cars going up and down the driveway at strange hours of the night." It doesn't specify but I would presume that this is a reference to the Lanza home.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:40 pm

Strange interview on page 244 of the second part.

The redaction makes it hard to understand the whole story but basically, it seems that someone claimed to have information about overhearing a conversation where Lanza threatened to kill his mother and kids at Sandy Hook in December of 2008. Because they knew Lanza owned an assault weapon (which is not true, since Nancy purchased the Bushmaster rifle in 2010), they said that they notified Newtown police and were told that because the mother owned the guns, there was nothing they could do.

They also said Adam's motive was that Nancy had worked at the school and Adam thought she loved the students there more than him.

Considering the incorrect information about the assault weapon and the fact that this person referenced an early misconception about Nancy working at the school, my guess is that the story is fabricated. Still, they said their story could be verified by checking phone records from 2008 showing their contacts with the Connecticut police. I don't see any followup.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 3:53 pm

Page 341 of the second part.

This is an interview with a friend of Nancy's and confirms what others have said about a possible move. It states that Nancy was planning to put her house on the market in Spring of 2013 and "move to Seattle to make Adam happy." They said Adam had become despondent and wanted to move to Seattle because "it was dark and gloomy." (This also lines up with what Adam said to an online friend in 2010 about his intentions to one day move to northwest Washington, "probably Seattle," and how dark, dreary days put him into a good mood because it was so beautiful when the clouds were covering up the sun, which he hated).

It also repeats the information that Adam had stopped leaving his bedroom for the past three months and would only speak to Nancy through e-mail as well as the story about Nancy asking him if he would miss her if something happened to her, which Adam responded to by saying "No, not really." This upset Nancy but she thought it was related to the Asperger Syndrome, which made him unemotional. The handwritten notes of this interview date this exchange to 2010.
Back to top Go down
silentprocess

silentprocess


Posts : 167
Contribution Points : 62634
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-07-20

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 4:03 pm

I was looking through them as well and nigh everything is redacted on what I actually wanted to see.

_________________
There are no laws of nature that prevent humans from making choices.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 4:51 pm

Page 365 of the second part is a long interview with an online associate of Adam Lanza. Amazing information.

Just for a start...

GAYFORTIMK and
QUEERFORKIMVEER

Laughing

Also, he apparently hated pedophiles and thought they were a threat to children because they had the potential to be another group of adults that wanted to influence or control them.

I'll just paste the whole interview.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Page 6, 7, and 8 are missing and page 9 is completely redacted. There are a bunch of handwritten notes following the typed summary, as well. I can post those if anyone has any interest because some bits that might be relevant are not included in the typed interview, saying things like "One primary - James Huberty," "AL not focused on school shooting" and "Not that interested in Columbine" among other things.

They also refer to Adam as "GR" a couple of times and it seems to be a reference to an e-mail address that he used.

nrmnfckngrckwll and AssburgersHarraserr like this post

Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 4:57 pm

Oh, maybe "GR" is a reference to the "genericregistryemail" account. It seems that they may have communicated through that, as well as "cryinghamster@yahoo.com."
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 5:07 pm

Another long interview with good information from a friend of Nancy's starting on page 389 of the second part.

There is some information about Nancy and her relationship with Adam and I think parts of this interview were already released but there are other parts that I don't remember reading.

In particular, it says that Adam's psychologist warned Nancy not to move him out of the family home when she and her husband separated because "he would not be able to handle it."

It also says that about 4 or 5 years ago, Nancy turned down a marriage proposal because she would have had to move and she could not leave Adam.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 5:16 pm

Page 405 of the second part.

An interview with someone who knew Nancy for a long time, possibly an extended family member. I know that I have previously read parts of this interview but again, I feel that some of the information is new.

It includes a lot of information about Nancy's background and also some information about a younger Adam, though most of this has already been covered.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 5:25 pm

Page 421 of the second part.

This is in the middle of a bunch of handwritten notes for an interview (these may be the notes for the interview that I believe was with his father or brother) but I thought there was an interesting random fact which I don't remember seeing elsewhere.

It says that "one of Adam's poems was published." I wonder where it was published.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 6:15 pm

Here is what's left of some of Lanza's posts on Tumblr.

I can't confirm that Lanza made this himself but it's pretty funny.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Adam Lanza wrote:
A collection of the 19 clearest & basically-most-uncropped pictures of Cho I can find (in a short amount of time) from his manifesto.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
New school shooting movie.

EDIT: There was also originally a link to a compilation of suicide photos of mass murderers Lanza made posted here and the mods will not allow that to be reposted but I wanted to post the caption for it.

Adam Lanza wrote:
Left to right,Top: Charles Whitman (1966); James Huberty (1984); Kimveer Gill (2006); Lubomir Harman (2010).Center: George Hennard (1991) / Tim Kretschmer (2009); Eric Harris + Dylan Klebold (1999); David Gray (1990). Bottom: Cho Seung-Hui (2007); Asa Coon (2007); Wellington Oliveira (2011).

-Charles Whitman was fatally wounded by police with two 12 gauge shotgun blasts to the upper body and head, and was finished off with a third blast to the head.-James Huberty was killed by a police sniper’s .308 bullet to the chest.
-Kimveer Gill shot himself in the head with a 9mm Glock after being shot in the upper right arm by police.-Lubomir Harman shot himself in the head with a 7.62x39mm CZ Vz. 58 (similar to an AK-47, but better) after being fatally wounded by a police bullet to the chest.
-George Hennard shot himself in the head with a 9mm pistol after being shot four times by police.
-Tim Kretschmer shot himself in the head with a 9mm Beretta 92 after being shot once in each leg by police.
-After sharing a final kiss with his lover, Eric Harris suddenly yanked away Dylan Klebold’s 9mm TEC-9 and shot him once in the left temple before putting the barrel of his 12 gauge shotgun in his own mouth and pulling the trigger.
-David Gray was killed by five police bullets.
-Cho Seung-Hui shot himself in the head with a 9mm Glock 19.
-Asa Coon shot himself in the head with a revolver.
-Wellington Oliveira shot himself in the head with a revolver after being shot by police in the leg and stomach.

Aside from that, I also located a Reddit thread on "Morbid Reality" which linked to the compilation and I posted it because:

"There's a comment here that points to a Shocked Beyond Belief thread and another comment that points out who made the compilation. I wonder if any of these deleted accounts belonged to Lanza."

If you want the link to this thread, just ask privately.

**All tumblr links have been removed by forum staff. If anyone wants to know which blog or tumblr user compiled the posts, it can be requested through Private Messages. Direct social media links and user names are not permitted on the forum. Thank you.**


Last edited by sscc on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:34 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : To re-add information that was edited out while correcting rule violations and add Lanza's original captions)
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 6:27 pm

More posts from another blog on tumblr.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
School shooting monologues. Spoilers for the following:

Bang Bang You’re Dead (2002)
Zero Day (2003)
The Outer Limits - Abduction (2001)
To Save A Life (2009)
Beautiful Boy (2010) (stolen from Cho and butchered)
The Final (2010)
One Tree Hill - With Tired Eyes, Tired Minds, Tired Souls, We Slept (2006)
Mad World (2010) (especially)

Sorry for the horrible quality…


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
A sample of United States mass shooting locations for June 1982 - June 2012. Just a little Clearasil and it’ll be good as new.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
Robert Hawkins’s voice an hour before the shooting.

**All tumblr links have been removed by forum staff. If anyone wants to know which blog or tumblr user compiled the posts, it can be requested through Private Messages. Direct social media links and user names are not permitted on the forum. Thank you.**


Last edited by sscc on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Adding Lanza's original captions)
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder


Posts : 2232
Contribution Points : 86378
Forum Reputation : 340
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 6:28 pm

Interesting. It's nice to see more information about it.
Back to top Go down
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha


Posts : 2922
Contribution Points : 124624
Forum Reputation : 1001
Join date : 2013-03-22

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 7:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unsealed FBI docs paint disturbing portrait of Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza

A woman who befriended Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza online said he was "singularly focused and obsessed with mass murders and spree killings" and looked upon school shooters "with respect and understanding," according to heavily redacted FBI documents released Tuesday.

The unidentified woman began online contact with the 20-year-old about two years before his December 2012, rampage at the Newtown, Connecticut, school left 20 first-grade students and six adults dead.

"The weirdest person online" she said of Lanza, who "devoted almost all of his Internet activity to researching and discussing" mass killings he meticulously documented and viewed as "a symptom caused by a broken society," according to the roughly 1,500 investigative documents.

The woman told investigators that Lanza was "extremely intelligent" but depressed and cynical, with a negative view of the world.

Lanza's online posts included screen names that referred to German and Canadian school shooters Tim Kretschmer and Kimveer Gill, according to the woman

Lanza used a Bushmaster Model XM15-E2S rifle during the shooting spree, which ended when he shot himself.

The rifle and two handguns -- found next to his body -- as well as an Izhmash Saiga-12 12 gauge semi-automatic shotgun recovered in his car were legally purchased by his mother, Nancy Lanza. He killed her in their Sandy Hook home before the school shootings.

The woman said Lanza "seemed to wallow" in his depression, riding out low moments in his room and sleeping for 12 hours or more, according to the documents.

The documents paint a portrait of a young man who appeared to have no friends or people to rely on for support. He found food unappealing and complained about being unable to find clothing that fit him comfortably. Saying that natural light hurt his eyes, Lanza avoided daylight and spent a lot of time at home, the documents said.

One document described an interview in which neighbors told the FBI that agents had once visited the Lanza home after he hacked an unidentified government computer when he was in the ninth grade.
Lanza successfully made it past two levels of security before the computer screen went black and agents appeared at his door, the document said.

"Nancy had to convince the authorities that her son was just very intelligent and was challenging himself to see if he could hack into a government system," the document said.

"The authorities told Nancy that if her son was that smart he could have a job with them one day."
Lanza's online friend told investigators that he revealed little about his family and personal life. He liked to portray himself as someone who lived an isolated existence "in which he was always in discomfort," the documents said.

Lanza told the woman he believed he could be "asexual" and that he was sexually attracted to one or two people during his life. The documents said he viewed successful people as "selfish, cruel and controlling," according to the documents. He chose to be a vegan because people were "needlessly cruel" to animals.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeTue Oct 24, 2017 10:09 pm

Page 434 of the second part.

This document was originally dated 12/13/12 until someone wrote a 4 over the 3.

Suspect  

Conspiracy officially confirmed.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 12:33 am

Page 385 of the third part includes a BAU briefing from 2014 on Lanza and what led to the shooting.

It says that there is evidence that Lanza "began contemplating the attack as early as March of 2011."

It also says that in the weeks and months prior to the shooting, his "deteriorating relationship with his mother was a significant challenge and stressor in his life."

Another interesting point is that "there is evidence to suggest that the shooter had an interest in children that could be categorized as pedophilia. There is no evidence that he ever acted out on this interest."

There are several other conclusions listed in the summary but those were the most interesting to me.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 12:39 am

Page 390 of the third part references 3 CDs recovered from the Lanza residence.

Disk 1 contained pornographic images.

Disks 2 and 3 contained Japanese video and images.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:08 am

I skimmed through everything and although there are many things I didn't mention, that's most of the stuff that jumped out to me as new or interesting information.

The only other thing that caught my attention was that there was one piece of evidence ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) that was referenced repeatedly but the description was consistently redacted. After cross referencing with the CSP files, it seems that it was redacted because it's a journal that belonged to Adam's brother. So, nothing interesting there.

And of course, there are tons of references to investigations into crazy people sending cryptic messages or making "prank" calls pretending to be Adam Lanza and threatening to kill people. One memorable line from an e-mail ridiculed the notion that Adam had "ASPARAGUS SYNDROMES."


Though that's not much of a stretch. Out of every agent that recorded that Adam was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, I don't think a single one of them spelled it properly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


And that's about it. Anyone else notice anything worth mentioning?
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 1:39 am

Wow, the FBI finally released some files? It is too bad that 99% of the information is basically old news and stuff we already knew. Nonetheless I welcome the release of this information as it still does reveal some important information that I have thought about and discussed. First off the close email correspondent of Lanza was an unnamed girl who stated that Adam had an intense hatred of pedophiles, which seems to strongly indicate that he was not a pedophile. Although at the same time Adam maintained that "some" adult-child sexual relationships were somehow beneficial. What reason Adam had to justify his view of this however still seems to be a mystery other than that Adam simply saw children as being on the same level as adults.

The second important thing I want to draw attention to is that Adam mentioned in an email to this girl that he admitted himself as having sexual interest in "one or two people" in his life. Who could those people have been? This seems to suggest that Adam was sexual but in my opinion often had his sexuality dormant and suppressed because of his sever depression and mental state. Adam confused his repressed sexual desires caused by his severe depression as being asexuality. I can say that I am convinced that he was not asexual.

The third thing that was mentioned in these files was Adam's noted anger towards "successful" people as "being selfish, cruel, and controlling". I assume that what Adam referred to as successful would be wealthy people. Or perhaps he meant successful in a more broad context in life. It seems not a surprise to me however that he would have a disdain for successful people since Adam's life was stagnant for many years. It is much easier to be jealous of others when one is depressed as opposed to being content or happy.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder


Posts : 2232
Contribution Points : 86378
Forum Reputation : 340
Join date : 2016-06-28
Location : my room

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 2:09 am

sscc wrote:
Page 434 of the second part.

This document was originally dated 12/13/12 until someone wrote a 4 over the 3.

Suspect  

Conspiracy officially confirmed.
Could've just made an error or corrected it.
Back to top Go down
howgoyoufar




Posts : 14
Contribution Points : 60489
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-07

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 4:16 am

sscc wrote:
I skimmed through everything and although there are many things I didn't mention, that's most of the stuff that jumped out to me as new or interesting information.

The only other thing that caught my attention was that there was one piece of evidence ([You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]) that was referenced repeatedly but the description was consistently redacted. After cross referencing with the CSP files, it seems that it was redacted because it's a journal that belonged to Adam's brother. So, nothing interesting there.

And of course, there are tons of references to investigations into crazy people sending cryptic messages or making "prank" calls pretending to be Adam Lanza and threatening to kill people. One memorable line from an e-mail ridiculed the notion that Adam had "ASPARAGUS SYNDROMES."


Though that's not much of a stretch. Out of every agent that recorded that Adam was diagnosed with Asperger Syndrome, I don't think a single one of them spelled it properly.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]


And that's about it. Anyone else notice anything worth mentioning?

Thank you very much for putting in the time to read through the files and write up a summary. I wish there was more information in there...dang redacted!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest




FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 9:39 pm

Adam Lanza seemingly had a Tumblr so guess he was part of the serial killer fandom there given his name. Interestingly enough, this was the Tumblr that first posted the voicemail from Robert Hawkins. Seems he was as into researching stuff as we are.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeWed Oct 25, 2017 11:51 pm

hvernon wrote:
Adam Lanza seemingly had a Tumblr so guess he was part of the serial killer fandom there given his name. Interestingly enough, this was the Tumblr that first posted the voicemail from Robert Hawkins. Seems he was as into researching stuff as we are.
I think Adam was even more into researching mass murder than any of us.

The strange thing is that soon after I read those usernames in the FBI documents, I realized that they seemed very familiar and I had the feeling that I had previously seen them but I don't know where. Does anyone know if these names had been mentioned in connection with Adam before?
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:27 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] No problem. I would still encourage everyone who is interested in the case to read through for themselves. There were a lot of documents which included plenty of information even with all the redaction and it's likely that I missed something interesting.

And there were actually two more things I wanted to point out which I noted when I was reading through but forgot to post here.

Page 176 of the second part discusses investigation into medical tests Adam had related to kidney and gallbladder functioning.

There is no time frame mentioned but the person being interviewed (presumably Adam's father) explains that he believes the tests were performed because Adam had lost so much weight, dropping to about 85 pounds. He was never made aware of the results of the tests so he had assumed that there were no problems.

I have to wonder why Adam's family was so unconcerned about his weight. By the time Adam was 13, he was 5'8" and we know that when he died he was 6 feet tall. It seems obvious that Adam was dangerously underweight, even if he had a naturally thin build. If the estimated weight is accurate, I don't see how Adam could have seen a doctor at this time without being admitted into the hospital or at least evaluated for a potential eating disorder diagnosis but then again, his BMI was way below normal for years so apparently, his doctors were not particularly concerned either.

Page 514 of the second part is about Adam's posts on the Columbine forum. It was called Shocked Beyond Belief by the time the FBI was looking into it.

They had a summary of these posts by 1/11/2013 when the document was written. That's less than one month after the shooting but as far as I know, these details did not make their way to the public until about a year later. A review/analysis of the posts, which included the text of Lanza's posts as well as the context and an explanation of the hyperlinks were made available to the FBI's BAU upon their request.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 3:26 am

Wirely wrote:
Wow, the FBI finally released some files? It is too bad that 99% of the information is basically old news and stuff we already knew. Nonetheless I welcome the release of this information as it still does reveal some important information that I have thought about and discussed. First off the close email correspondent of Lanza was an unnamed girl who stated that Adam had an intense hatred of pedophiles, which seems to strongly indicate that he was not a pedophile. Although at the same time Adam maintained that "some" adult-child sexual relationships were somehow beneficial. What reason Adam had to justify his view of this however still seems to be a mystery other than that Adam simply saw children as being on the same level as adults.

The second important thing I want to draw attention to is that Adam mentioned in an email to this girl that he admitted himself as having sexual interest in "one or two people" in his life. Who could those people have been? This seems to suggest that Adam was sexual but in my opinion often had his sexuality dormant and suppressed because of his sever depression and mental state. Adam confused his repressed sexual desires caused by his severe depression as being asexuality. I can say that I am convinced that he was not asexual.

The third thing that was mentioned in these files was Adam's noted anger towards "successful" people as "being selfish, cruel, and controlling". I assume that what Adam referred to as successful would be wealthy people. Or perhaps he meant successful in a more broad context in life. It seems not a surprise to me however that he would have a disdain for successful people since Adam's life was stagnant for many years. It is much easier to be jealous of others when one is depressed as opposed to being content or happy.
Adam said on the forum that he "used to think" he was asexual and he believed it was because his BMI was so low at the time. That implies that Adam was also convinced that he was not asexual, at least by the time he was 19! I don't know who Adam was attracted to in his lifetime but it seems clear that his sexual orientation was something other than asexuality, though I think you are also correct when you say that his depression probably contributed to the suppression of his sexuality.

Although I continue to doubt that Adam was sexually attracted to children, I have to point out that even if he hated pedophiles, this does not necessarily rule out the possibility that he was a pedophile himself. We know that Adam was self-hating anyway so it wouldn't be out of the question for him to be attracted to children while at the same time hating those who were attracted to children (or at least those pedophiles who coerced children into sexual relationships).

I think that when Adam was referring to successful people, he was talking about people who were in positions of authority or who had the ability to wield power over others. That would certainly include many wealthy people, since money is clearly a shortcut to power (and the truth is that wealthy people do have a disproportionate level of influence over the direction of our society) but I also believe that it was more of a broad statement. He would have hated "successful people" for the same reason that he would have hated coercive pedophiles, controlling parents or brainwashing teachers- because they used their positions of power to influence the behavior of people with less power for what he perceived as their own benefit.

I don't think it was a case of jealousy related to his own lack of success but more likely that this was related to his issues with modern society. He believed that our society was fundamentally flawed and harmful to humanity so he would have viewed successful people as using their positions of power to inflict harm on the average person, simply because they were the ones who maintained the existing toxic system. This would be selfish and cruel because in his mind, the problems with society were so obvious that the only reason he could imagine that they would want to maintain the current system would be to ensure that they maintained their positions in the power hierarchy and the perks that go along with those positions, while the people forced to live in that system were becoming less healthy and less happy without knowing why.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:13 am

Credit goes to a Tumblr user for finding it but this should be Adam's Dailymotion account.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

There are a few videos on there which we can assume were made by Lanza.

(I don't actually know if this particular Tumblr user is the person who found it and I know that I can't link directly but can I post the username to give credit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]?)

This user also located a few other Tumblr posts that I didn't post above.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
Robert Smith (1966) Barry Loukaitis (1996)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
Thomas McIlvane (1991)
TJ Lane (2012)
Copycat Day.


[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
Left: Leo Held (1967) Right: Thomas Hamilton (1996)

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Adam Lanza wrote:
John Hinckley (1981; political assassin)
Cho Seung-Hui (2007)
Wellington Oliveira (2011)

These are some interesting photo compilations.

**All tumblr links have been removed by forum staff. If anyone wants to know which blog or tumblr user compiled the posts, it can be requested through Private Messages. Direct social media links and user names are not permitted on the forum. Thank you.**


Last edited by sscc on Thu Oct 26, 2017 6:48 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Formatting captions)
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3131
Contribution Points : 119333
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 9:20 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Hi, I usually don't mess around with Tumblr links/profiles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] usually does that. So I'm gonna have her take a look at these links you posted and she'll decide if they are OK or if they need to be adjusted so they're not going to a direct Tumblr profile.

As for giving them, credit? Yes, you can give them credit but you cannot post a link to their profile.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
sscc




Posts : 1333
Contribution Points : 84012
Forum Reputation : 698
Join date : 2016-02-27

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 10:07 am

Jenn wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - Hi, I usually don't mess around with Tumblr links/profiles. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] usually does that. So I'm gonna have her take a look at these links you posted and she'll decide if they are OK or if they need to be adjusted so they're not going to a direct Tumblr profile.

As for giving them, credit? Yes, you can give them credit but you cannot post a link to their profile.
Okay, thanks Jenn.

****When taking a screenshot of a social media post, either cut off/cut out the username, or obscure it with an editing tool or program. Thank you.****

**All tumblr links have been removed by forum staff. If anyone wants to know which blog or tumblr user compiled the posts, it can be requested through Private Messages. Direct social media links and user names are not permitted on the forum. Thank you.**
Back to top Go down
Dingus




Posts : 35
Contribution Points : 60766
Forum Reputation : 0
Join date : 2017-10-07

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 10:28 am

.


Last edited by Dingus on Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SaucyJimmy

SaucyJimmy


Posts : 51
Contribution Points : 64972
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-05-16

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:11 pm

Christmas has come early. Thanks for making me aware of this.
Back to top Go down
Myll




Posts : 39
Contribution Points : 61122
Forum Reputation : 70
Join date : 2017-09-20

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 1:43 pm

Great new information.
A lot of interesting stuff.

The most interesting thing from it I've saw so far is when he began planning it.
I thought he would have most likely started planning after summer in 2010 as he was "the most depressed he had ever been before."
I wonder what made them believe he started planning around March 2011.

Interesting seeing how he was somewhat a part of the crime community on tumblr.
Back to top Go down
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn


Posts : 3131
Contribution Points : 119333
Forum Reputation : 1004
Join date : 2013-03-13
Location : A place where it always snows.

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 2:34 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - I've removed the suicide photo that you posted in this thread. The suicide photo is not permitted to be posted on this forum in any way, shape or form. It doesn't matter if they are posted right to the thread. It doesn't matter if they are hidden or if you post them with a warning. They are not allowed to be posted at all and that has been a rule from the very beginning, which is nearly 5 years now.

Please do not re-post them.

And if anyone wants a copy of the Dylan Klebold and Eric Harris suicide photos you can either request them in a PM or tag me in the thread or you can always find them on Google.

Thank you.

_________________
"I’ll see you in Heaven if you make the list"
Zachary Patrick Bowen (March 7, 1995-November 5, 2021).
I miss you little brother.
Back to top Go down
tfsa47090
Global Moderator & Top 10 Contributor



Posts : 944
Contribution Points : 101613
Forum Reputation : 91
Join date : 2013-03-18

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeThu Oct 26, 2017 4:42 pm

While it is entirely understood that many of the direct tumblr posts here were connected to Lanza's alleged tumblr profiles, too many other users' profiles are connected to them, and the snowball effect of posting and linking usernames was already taking shape before we went in to edit this.

It is perfectly fine at this point to type out Lanza's former usernames, but it becomes much too risky even with screenshots, because too many times, people don't remember to edit out "likes" and "reblogs", and the usernames of those who did that are clearly visible.

And direct links to Lanza's former profiles are still against the forum rules, because again, other users' names (hence their profiles) are immediately accessible through the "likes and reblogs" of the post(s).

The [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] explain this quite clearly, and the [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] goes into further detail concerning general media of all sorts, social media, and personal profiles.

We understand that these posts are long, but reading through them will give one all of the information they need concerning these subjects.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions concerning these rules. We are happy to help you.

Thank you for your understanding.
Back to top Go down
SaucyJimmy

SaucyJimmy


Posts : 51
Contribution Points : 64972
Forum Reputation : 25
Join date : 2017-05-16

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 5:34 am

Myll wrote:
Great new information.
A lot of interesting stuff.

The most interesting thing from it I've saw so far is when he began planning it.
I thought he would have most likely started planning after summer in 2010 as he was "the most depressed he had ever been before."
I wonder what made them believe he started planning around March 2011.

Interesting seeing how he was somewhat a part of the crime community on tumblr.
Honestly, I think the FBI's view here errs on optimistic. The Bushmaster rifle was purchased by Nancy for Adam (attested by Ryan Lanza in his interview with the FBI; it was Adam's 18th birthday present) in March 2010, and are we really going to pretend that Adam ever had another purpose for it? No; he started planning in earnest in March 2010, and probably had been fantasising about it since at least 2007. However, I do think it's a possibility that the big gap between March 2010 and December 2012 was at least partially due to a desire to see if his life would improve, which it evidently did not.

nrmnfckngrckwll likes this post

Back to top Go down
Myll




Posts : 39
Contribution Points : 61122
Forum Reputation : 70
Join date : 2017-09-20

FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 1:22 pm

SaucyJimmy wrote:

Honestly, I think the FBI's view here errs on optimistic. The Bushmaster rifle was purchased by Nancy for Adam (attested by Ryan Lanza in his interview with the FBI; it was Adam's 18th birthday present) in March 2010, and are we really going to pretend that Adam ever had another purpose for it? No; he started planning in earnest in March 2010, and probably had been fantasising about it since at least 2007. However, I do think it's a possibility that the big gap between March 2010 and December 2012 was at least partially due to a desire to see if his life would improve, which it evidently did not.

I don't believe he purely got it for the massacre. I think that could be one of the reasons but I think he might have just wanted to get it to go shooting with.
He probably had fantasised about it for much longer, that I can agree on.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content





FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Empty
PostSubject: Re: FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents   FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
FBI Releases new Sandy Hook Documents
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Sandy Hook survivors ?
» Sandy Hook Facts
» Sandy Hook Fake?
» Sandy Hook motives
» Sandy Hook Classroom 8?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Other Crimes :: Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting-
Jump to: