Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  Latest imagesLatest images  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds

Go down 
+5
UncontinuedProcess
QuestionMark
InsaneIntruder
STK
sscc
9 posters
AuthorMessage
sscc

Contribution Points : 82296
Forum Reputation : 523

Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Empty
PostSubject: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 1:59 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

That's all.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

Contribution Points : 72209
Forum Reputation : 328

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 2:04 am

Has there been a lone shooter who's fired more rounds then he has? The more I read about Paddock the i'm amazed at the sheer scale of the shooting itself and the planning that went into it. As Lanza would say, it was "an impressive instance of mass murder self-actualization".

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

"If I died thirsty, it wouldn't matter for me if it rains ever again"
- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 2:32 am

I was wondering the same thing but I don't think there have been any that have even come close.

I just looked up Breivik, who would be the best candidate because of his high number of victims and because he had such a long time to carry out his massacre, but he shot a little more than 250 rounds according to this article.

Omar Mateen shot a little more than 200 rounds.

Cho shot around 175 rounds and Lanza shot about 150 rounds.

These were some of the highest casualty incidents so I would expect these to be some of the highest number of shots fired but Eric and Dylan (combined) shot more times than Cho or Lanza and killed far fewer so it could be that there was someone else out there who was an extremely bad shot.

I haven't seen a solid number for Kelley yet but he might turn out to be the closest.
According to the artcle, there were at least 15 empty 30 rounds magazines found at the scene.
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

Contribution Points : 85103
Forum Reputation : 340

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 7:46 am

I wonder how many rounds Woo Bum Kon fired, since he had a similar kill count. His shooting was pretty long. However Breivik's shooting was long and he only fired such a small amount of rounds, especially for his kill count. And Woo could've just got the majority of his kills via grenades.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 8:43 am

sscc wrote:
I was wondering the same thing but I don't think there have been any that have even come close.

I just looked up Breivik, who would be the best candidate because of his high number of victims and because he had such a long time to carry out his massacre, but he shot a little more than 250 rounds according to this article.

These were some of the highest casualty incidents so I would expect these to be some of the highest number of shots fired but Eric and Dylan (combined) shot more times than Cho or Lanza and killed far fewer so it could be that there was someone else out there who was an extremely bad shot.

I haven't seen a solid number for Kelley yet but he might turn out to be the closest.
According to the artcle, there were at least 15 empty 30 rounds magazines found at the scene.

i saw this that said hewas capable of holding around ~400 rounds..but they do not know the exact amount of shots fired
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:11 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
I wonder how many rounds Woo Bum Kon fired, since he had a similar kill count. His shooting was pretty long. However Breivik's shooting was long and he only fired such a small amount of rounds, especially for his kill count. And Woo could've just got the majority of his kills via grenades.
According to this newspaper article, Kon was armed with 2 M1-Carbines, 180 rounds of ammunition, and 7 hand grenades. Wikipedia states that he used all but 4 rounds and all but one hand grenade, but take that with a grain of salt.

"If opportunities for role fulfilment fall far short of the demand by those capable of filling roles, and having expectations to do so, only violence and disruption of social organization can follow. Individuals born under these circumstances will be so out of touch with reality as to be incapable even of alienation. Their most complex behaviors will become fragmented. Acquisition, creation and utilization of ideas appropriate for life in a post-industrial cultural-conceptual-technological society will have been blocked."
- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:21 am

STK wrote:
InsaneIntruder wrote:
According to this newspaper article, Kon was armed with 2 M1-Carbines, 180 rounds of ammunition, and 7 hand grenades. Wikipedia states that he used all but 4 rounds and all but one hand grenade, but take that with a grain of salt.
Considering if he had a grenade left it probably would've exploded when he commit suicide, I find it unlikely that he had a grenade left.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 am

Considering if he had a grenade left it probably would've exploded when he commit suicide, I find it unlikely that he had a grenade left.[/quote]

didnt he shoot himself, why would a grenade explode?
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 10:40 am

-warrior wrote:

didnt he shoot himself, why would a grenade explode?
No he didn't shoot himself. When police cornered him in a house, he took the family who lived there hostage and blew himself up with a grenade.

Last edited by InsaneIntruder on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:41 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Made a mistake, corrected it)
Back to top Go down
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 119653
Forum Reputation : 3191

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:38 pm

sscc wrote:

I guess Breivik, Mateen, Cho, and Lanza simply made their shots count for more by shooting accurately.

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 12:42 pm

QuestionMark wrote:
sscc wrote:

I guess Breivik, Mateen, Cho, and Lanza simply made their shots count for more by shooting accurately.

also the fact that all other shooters had to be close up..he was like 400 feet away in a hotel room with 23 rifles and unlimited ammo..hes was unstoppable

the cops also busted in his room like an hour after the shooting ended..he technically could of gotten so much more carnage
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 4:38 pm

In addition to killing more people than any other American shooter, he also injured about 500 people. I'm not sure how bad the injuries were but 550 people getting shot by one person is insanity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:17 pm

I am amazed there wasn't more deaths/injuries with that many fired rounds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:34 pm

sscc wrote:

i believe micah johnson fired more then breivik
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:46 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Do you know where you read that?

Wikipedia says James Huberty fired a minimum of 245 times so he's close to Breivik too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeSat Nov 25, 2017 5:49 pm

in the wikipedia on it

"At least 200 gunshots were believed to have been fired by Johnson and SWAT officers in that area during the standoff."

i dont know how much the swat team fired though..alsojohnson opened fire on the street before the standoff so that could increase the shot count
Back to top Go down
UncontinuedProcess

UncontinuedProcess

Contribution Points : 66332
Forum Reputation : 430

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 3:30 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] But how much of those 550 injures were from actual gunshot wounds? Since it was at a crowded concert venue of 22,000 I think some of those injures where from people panicking and injuring themselves when trying to escape/stampeding.
Back to top Go down
STK

STK

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:26 pm

You bring up a very good point [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; Take the Ft Lauderdale Shooting. 5 people were killed and 6 were wounded by gunfire, but 36 people were injured by other means. If we include those types of injuries, then the Ft Lauderdale shooting can be said to have resulted in 5 deaths and 42 injuries; as you can see from this example, distinguishing between injuries inflicted by gunfire and other types of injuries is important to understanding a shooting's true severity.

- John B. Calhoun

- Abu Firas al-Hamdani
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:29 pm

STK wrote:
You bring up a very good point [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]; Take the Ft Lauderdale Shooting. 5 people were killed and 6 were wounded by gunfire, but 36 people were injured by other means. If we include those types of injuries, then the Ft Lauderdale shooting can be said to have resulted in 5 deaths and 42 injuries; as you can see from this example, distinguishing between injuries inflicted by gunfire and other types of injuries is important to understanding a shooting's true severity.

in this npr article one hospital had 120 gunshot wounds

On Wednesday, Sunrise Hospital revised the total number of patients it had treated down — from 214 to 200, of whom 16 died and 29 were still in critical condition. Of those, the hospital estimates about 120 had gunshot wounds, but did not release an exact figure.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 4:33 pm

I know getting shot would be awful in every way imaginable, but I still can't help but think getting trampled to death would be worse. Shocked
Back to top Go down
InsaneIntruder

InsaneIntruder

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Nov 27, 2017 11:39 pm

STK wrote:
The Munich shooting is another example of this happening. David Sonboly killed 9 and wounded 4 before committing suicide however 32 people were injured in other ways.
Back to top Go down
Kaynvink

Kaynvink

Contribution Points : 60625
Forum Reputation : 0

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 1:53 pm

Out of everyone in here Adam (smiggles ) probably had the best aim since he shot 156 times in total. Let's take away his suicide shot and the 4 shots he shot hid mother dead with . It makes a total of 151 rounds he used to kill his 26 victims at SHE and in an old report I read a while ago it said that he shot his victims 3-11 times which makes it clear why I say he hitted the most shots.

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 4:30 pm

Kaynvink wrote:
Out of everyone in here Adam (smiggles ) probably had the best aim since he shot 156 times in total.  Let's take away his suicide shot and the 4 shots he shot hid mother dead with . It makes a total of 151 rounds he used to kill his 26 victims at SHE and in an old report I read a while ago it said that he shot his victims 3-11 times which makes it clear why I say he hitted the most shots.

didnt he shoot people from like a foot away, its not hard to aim when your 20 years old going up to 7 year olds in shock and executing them
Back to top Go down
W.A.R.

Contribution Points : 69598
Forum Reputation : 345

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:03 pm

2 months have gone by and all they got is how many shots were fired?

Where are all the people obsessed over Trump possibly colluding with Russia on this?
Back to top Go down
curious2017

Contribution Points : 60090

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:31 pm

-warrior wrote:
also the fact that all other shooters had to be close up..he was like 400 feet away in a hotel room with 23 rifles and unlimited ammo..hes was unstoppable

the cops also busted in his room like an hour after the shooting ended..he technically could of gotten so much more carnage

People in this forum have villainized the hotel staff/police for taking so long to breach the room, but they spooked him enough to prevent untold carnage.
Back to top Go down
curious2017

Contribution Points : 60090

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeTue Nov 28, 2017 7:36 pm

W.A.R. wrote:
2 months have gone by and all they got is how many shots were fired?

Where are all the people obsessed over Trump possibly colluding with Russia on this?

Your unquenchable desire for information about the shooting doesn't change that what happened is open-and-shut, as far as facts. There's a physical scene that contains all of the evidence.

The shooter's motivation? That's a lot more like the Trump campaign's collusion with Russia. They're depending on interviews, documents, digital trails to try and piece that together. That's so much harder.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 3:55 am

InsaneIntruder wrote:
STK wrote:
The Munich shooting is another example of this happening. David Sonboly killed 9 and wounded 4 before committing suicide however 32 people were injured in other ways.

The Jokela School shooting would also be another example. Pekka Eric Auvinen killed 8 and injured 1 before attempting suicide however 11 others sprained their ankles while trying to get away
Back to top Go down
Sabratha

Sabratha

Contribution Points : 96860
Forum Reputation : 440

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 1:52 pm

sscc wrote:

Eric and Dylan shot at inanimate objects and also fired many rounds at targets very far away. Cho on the other hand pretty much fired most of his rounds point blank. Similar as Lanza.

"Bullet Time" - a school shooting film from Poland
Back to top Go down
sscc

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm

Sabratha wrote:
Eric and Dylan shot at inanimate objects and also fired many rounds at targets very far away. Cho on the other hand pretty much fired most of his rounds point blank. Similar as Lanza.
You are correct. I was being a bit cheeky there. Some people make the same comments about Randy Stair, who fired about 60 rounds from a shotgun but killed only three people (and himself). He had also planned to shoot randomly at inanimate objects in the store and probably followed through on that in imitation of Eric and Dylan but people seem to assume that it took him 60 rounds to kill his victims. So, the point would be that the number of shots is not necessarily related to the number of victims and there might be other shootings with fewer casualties where the perpetrator fired a large number of rounds.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds   Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paddock Fired Over 1100 Rounds
Page 1 of 1