Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The small questions thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
munchkinphone

Contribution Points : 21764
Forum Reputation : 0

The small questions thread - Page 32 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 5:04 pm

I think because they where more suicidal than homicidal. Could it also have to do with the weather? Eric mentions the napalm better not freeze. They just wanted the bombs to work primarily
Back to top Go down
View user profile
James411

James411

Contribution Points : 41167
Forum Reputation : 21

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 10, 2018 9:32 pm

Yeah I just been thinking why Eric chose April. If they waited until may the weather would be hotter I think in colorado I am not sure. Was there a specific reason they chose April I read somewhere because it was Hitlers birthday.

Why not may 20????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 59544
Forum Reputation : 1640

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 1:52 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Yeah I just been thinking why Eric  chose April. If they waited until may the weather would be hotter I think in colorado I am not sure. Was there a specific reason they chose April I read somewhere because it was Hitlers birthday.

Why not may 20????

IIRC the school year ended earlier than May 20th.

View user profile
Tommy QTR
Top 10 Contributor

Contribution Points : 49162
Forum Reputation : 475

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 11:14 am

Yeah I just been thinking why Eric  chose April. If they waited until may the weather would be hotter I think in colorado I am not sure. Was there a specific reason they chose April I read somewhere because it was Hitlers birthday.

Why not may 20????
Eric originally planned it for April 19th for the anniversary of Tim McVeigh and Oklahoma City bombing but his ammunition arrived late so he had to do it for the 20th.

-Lil Peep
Back to top Go down
View user profile
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Are there any videos or audiofiles of someone reading the journals of Eric and Dylan without having that exaggerated hatred and superiority in their voices? I really don't believe that's how they felt when they wrote it at least most of the time.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:30 pm

@munchkinphone wrote:
Are there any videos or audiofiles of someone reading the journals of Eric and Dylan without having that exaggerated hatred and superiority in their voices? I really don't believe that's how they felt when they wrote it at least most of the time.

I highly doubt it. Most tried to be very over the top and overly dramatic for the effect. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
munchkinphone

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 5:46 pm

Is there anywhere on this forum where all the witnesses reports about what the killers said during the shooting is?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
5PMSomewhere

5PMSomewhere

Contribution Points : 10615
Forum Reputation : 25

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:27 pm

Who is the student next to Nate and Chris on the class photo? To Nate's right, he seems to be in a 3 with them going off how they're posing together on the silly one. At a glance he doesn't seem the *type* to be with them, he looks more like a jock, just that his cap isn't white.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

Contribution Points : 30208
Forum Reputation : 1515

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2018 7:46 pm

Who is the student next to Nate and Chris on the class photo? To Nate's right, he seems to be in a 3 with them going off how they're posing together on the silly one. At a glance he doesn't seem the *type* to be with them, he looks more like a jock, just that his cap isn't white.

I can't be sure because I can't find a close enough pic to tell, but I think it's Tim Kastle. Dykeman and Kastle were very close friends.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
hvernon
Top Contributor
hvernon

Contribution Points : 44044
Forum Reputation : 1064

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 5:08 pm

When was the 11k made public?

"...we will be free, to explore the vast wonders of the stars. To cascade down everlong waterfalls, & thru the warmest seas of pure happiness... no limits... no limits. Nothing will stop us. "

-Dylan Klebold
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Jenn
Forum & Discord Server Owner
Jenn

Contribution Points : 71045
Forum Reputation : 709

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 9:04 pm

When was the 11k made public?
November 21, 2000.

Vallutaja

Contribution Points : 8805

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 12:10 pm

How many of the killed people were actual jocks, I wonder?

“Jock” at Columbine was a super broad term. You could be just friends with a jock  to be considered a jock. It was more of a clique thing I think. You could be an athlete but not a jock.

I think Lauren, Corey and Isaiah (maybe Matt?) did some sort of sports. Whether they were considered jocks was another story.
It was broad term and I mean it, ye. Even a showcase kid from rich family, not necessarily doing any sports could be considered a jock.
So in this sense, counting wide, how many jocks they killed? I think I saw someone saying once it was 5 or 6 of victims, is it true or is it just me imagining things?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 1:32 pm

I do not know who, amongst the victims, was considered a "jock" rather than just a student who happened to play sports or was popular.

Of those killed:

Isaiah Shoels- played football and seemed to be considered popular

Matt Kechter- played football, junior varisty. I don't know his "status"

Lauren Townsend- played volleyball, was a leader in student activities and considered popular

Corey DePooter- ran Cross Country, he also wrestled and played golf but not on school teams

Daniel Mauser- ran Cross Country

Steve Curnow- played soccer but not for the school team

Of those injured:
Dan Steepleton- unsure what sport he played but when E & D came in the library and told the jocks and everyone with a white hat to stand up, Steepleton was going to so that they didn't shoot his friends but Makai Hall told him to stay down.

Evan Todd- played football and wrestled

Patrick Ireland played baseball and basketball but I don't think they were with school teams.

Those are the ones I remember reading about. I suspect that some of the girls who were with Lauren Townsend (Val Schnurr, Jeanna Park, Lisa Kreutz) could have been involved in a sport, too, but have never come across anything and they aren't listed in any of the team photos in the 1999 year book.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2018 3:29 pm

Lauren always struck me as someone who seems intimidating at first but really sweet and awesome.

joebox97

joebox97

Contribution Points : 26905
Forum Reputation : 255

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 12:23 pm

Its amazing all the home video footage we have of dylan & eric, my question is where did it come from? Who leaked it? And if they leaked/released all of this home video footage, including the target range stuff, why didn't they release the basement tapes?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2018 2:04 pm

I know that the Dylan And Nate video was released really early. Nate actually sold the video for money. He was flat broke and got kicked out of his house. The other videos I think a released Over a couple years. I don’t know why Rampart Range was released and not the basement tapes.

Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 5:42 pm

Really random question... do you think Eric got rid of his cost right at the beginning because it was too hot or maybe it didn’t give him enough freedom of movement?

I think Dylan cared more about his aesthetic than Eric did

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:11 pm

I vote for freedom of movement. The coat he wore in the Hitmen for Hire video was pretty bulky. I'd imagine trying to get to his bandolier to grab the bombs, or pump the shotgun, etc. would have been harder with the coat on.

And I 100% agree that the aesthetic was much more important to Dylan than it was to Eric. His comment about looking "fat with all this stuff on" in the Basement Tapes suggests that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 6:25 pm

I vote for freedom of movement. The coat he wore in the Hitmen for Hire video was pretty bulky. I'd imagine trying to get to his bandolier to grab the bombs, or pump the shotgun, etc. would have been harder with the coat on.

And I 100% agree that the aesthetic was much more important to Dylan than it was to Eric. His comment about looking "fat with all this stuff on" in the Basement Tapes suggests that.

Eric’s frame never leant itself to the trench coat

I don’t think he wore it as much as Dylan and others

However even Dylan left his in the car when he went to Zach’s house... so still puzzling

cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 26311
Forum Reputation : 970

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 7:03 pm

I'm not sure when Eric removed the coat. It's usually said it was after the first shots at Rachel and Richard, and its location probably suggests that, but Patti seems very sure whoever shot her wore a trench coat (and a hat which she thought was a beret) and Brian Anderson said Eric shot him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 7:08 pm

That is interesting that you say that because Eric’s trenchcoat was found outside.

thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2018 11:28 pm

I'm not sure when Eric removed the coat. It's usually said it was after the first shots at Rachel and Richard, and its location probably suggests that, but Patti seems very sure whoever shot her wore a trench coat (and a hat which she thought was a beret) and Brian Anderson said Eric shot him.

In her statement she says it was either a beret or a stalking hat. I believe a balaclava, which is like a stalking hat, and gloves were found near Eric's trench coat outside. I don't want to link to other people's Tumblr or Pinterest but if you do a Google search for "Eric Harris trench coat on ground" you'll see the pic that shows the coat, the gloves, and what appears to be a dark green balaclava on between them.
Moreover, if I remember correctly, I think one of the lists either Eric or Dylan made of things they needed for the attack included a balaclava.

[Edited to add: did a quick scan and there's no mention of a balaclava in the lists I saw, not sure why I thought it. But did have to laugh (not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) at one of Dylan's drawings of the outfit he was to wear. Alongside his shirt he wrote "newly washed- no cat hair" (pg. 26346). He's planning on murdering people and he's focused on making sure there's no cat hair on his outfit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cakeman

cakeman

Contribution Points : 26311
Forum Reputation : 970

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 1:21 am

Yeah he was still outside when he shot Patti and Brian though.

And yes I know about the green balaclava, but supposedly Eric didn't use it, and would have to be wearing it above the eyes like a hat or something to meet the description.

On NBK.doc, the one with "it'll be like duke and doom all mixed together" etc, he says they will wear balaclavas at the beginning.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 8:20 am

In her statement she says it was either a beret or a stalking hat. I believe a balaclava, which is like a stalking hat, and gloves were found near Eric's trench coat outside. I don't want to link to other people's Tumblr or Pinterest but if you do a Google search for "Eric Harris trench coat on ground" you'll see the pic that shows the coat, the gloves, and what appears to be a dark green balaclava on between them.
Moreover, if I remember correctly, I think one of the lists either Eric or Dylan made of things they needed for the attack included a balaclava.

[Edited to add: did a quick scan and there's no mention of a balaclava in the lists I saw, not sure why I thought it. But did have to laugh (not the right word but hopefully you know what I mean) at one of Dylan's drawings of the outfit he was to wear. Alongside his shirt he wrote "newly washed- no cat hair" (pg. 26346). He's planning on murdering people and he's focused on making sure there's no cat hair on his outfit.

Yea, that's Dylan for you I guess... I thought the "zero man" outfit where he talks about the cat hair was his Halloween costume idea. However, I am not sure why I think that, you get so much information at once sometimes while researching.

I noticed Eric's lists were all about supplies and Dylan's were "buy new pants" "get punk gloves!"

Which lends me to my theory that Eric was picturing himself in a video game and Dylan was picturing himself in a movie and when they actually started killing people they realized it was neither, it was very real and I think it may have started to freak them out.

joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2018 9:23 am

The balaclava doesn't make sense to me, if they hide their identities wouldn't that somewhat defeat the purpose of shooting up their school? Knowing Eric's journal and the stuff he says in the basement tapes it seems he wanted to be "known" for the one starting the "revolution" as he called it and being apart of this event.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Screamingophelia

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2018 8:28 pm

Were there ever any bomb threats at the school junior or senior year that we heard about?

joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 3:44 pm

Whenever I read about the events of columbine, I always read things like students getting injured by shrapnel, splinters, etc. How do you get injured from splinters like evan todd?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Contribution Points : 59544
Forum Reputation : 1640

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:05 pm

How do you get injured from splinters like evan todd?

When Eric shot the table, the force of the bullet probably busted part of the table and caused splinters to fly out everywhere.

View user profile
joebox97

joebox97

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 4:50 pm

When Eric shot the table, the force of the bullet probably busted part of the table and caused splinters to fly out everywhere.

Yea but even that I don't see causing much damage to you, maybe a paper cut? I mean I've had wood from a chainsaw shoot at me before at high speed and didn't really do much, I just find it odd, they would even mention something that little in the reports
Back to top Go down
View user profile
thelmar
Top Contributor
thelmar

PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 32 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 6:39 pm

Yea but even that I don't see causing much damage to you, maybe a paper cut? I mean I've had wood from a chainsaw shoot at me before at high speed and didn't really do much, I just find it odd, they would even mention something that little in the reports

If you read Todd's account, he was the one who brought up his injuries, repeatedly, to the officer. The officer was just recording what he was being told. The physical injuries do appear to have been minor.

pg. 169 "Evan Todd stated that his left eye, along with his back, was injured at the time the shotgun rounds were fired in the manner indicated above. According to Evan Todd his father photographed the injury to his eye, as well as his back"

pg. 169 "Evan Todd again told IO he believed his eyes, along with his back, had been injured from "wood splinters" that struck him as a result of the shotgun rounds being fired in his direction. Evan Todd pointed out his father had photographed both injuries."

Later in the report the officer asked if Todd had received treatment for his injuries; Todd told him he was treated at a clinic and released the same day.
pg. 177 "During that discussion, Evan Todd again identified his injuries as abrasions to the left eyelid and also to the left side of his back. Evan Todd indicated he was bleeding from both of those injuries. IO was able to observe what appeared to be a small injury in the process of healing on the left eyelid of Evan Todd. Evan Todd then displayed to IO the injury to his back. Again, IO observed what appeared to be a injury which was healing and had actually scabbed. The main injury appeared to be approximately 1/2 inch long, while there were smaller, similar type injuries surrounding the same area."
Todd also showed the officer the shirt he was wearing at the time and the officer noted "small holes, with a small amount of blood."

For time frame, the interview was done about 2 weeks after the attack, on 5/5/99.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

The small questions thread
Page 32 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 17 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35  Next