Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum

A place to discuss the Columbine High School Massacre along with other school shootings and crimes.
Anyone interested in researching, learning, discussing and debating with us, please come join our community!
 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  CalendarCalendar  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  MemberlistMemberlist  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Share
 

 The small questions thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
AuthorMessage
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Did Eric and Dylan have any major arguments/fights during their friendship together?

We only know of one, there was an interview with one of their bosses and there was a week where they didn't speak at all.

We know, according to some friends, that Dylan did get irritated with Eric but we don't know if he ever spoke to him about it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]


Here is a great thread with a lot of information.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 9:01 pm

While I was looking for the thread that I posted above I came across a comment saying that Sue mentions the rape theory in her book... I don't remember Sue ever mentioning the rape theory in the book or any interview....

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lizpuff
Off Topic Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Lizpuff

Posts : 2632
Contribution Points : 52694
Forum Reputation : 1015
Join date : 2016-03-02
Age : 31

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:57 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
While I was looking for the thread that I posted above I came across a comment saying that Sue mentions the rape theory in her book... I don't remember Sue ever mentioning the rape theory in the book or any interview....

I think that comment was mistaken. Sue did talk about Eric writing about rape, and about a girl named Cindy and her experience with rape, but she never mentions the theory of the walshbuttrape. (If that is what you were talking about)

_________________
Hold me now I need to feel complete
Like I matter to the one I need
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 9:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
While I was looking for the thread that I posted above I came across a comment saying that Sue mentions the rape theory in her book... I don't remember Sue ever mentioning the rape theory in the book or any interview....

I think that comment was mistaken.  Sue did talk about Eric writing about rape, and about a girl named Cindy and her experience with rape, but she never mentions the theory of the walshbuttrape.  (If that is what you were talking about)

Yes, that’s exactly what I was talking about. I bet the person was mistaken.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Pixie13



Posts : 175
Contribution Points : 14610
Forum Reputation : 230
Join date : 2018-09-08

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 12:06 pm

Sorry if this has been covered before but did either boy shoot anyone they actually knew personally. I know there were a few cases where they knew people and didn't actually shoot, and in John Savage's case actually let him go so I was wondering whether they found it too difficult to actively kill an acquaintance (as opposed to killing them in the plan explosions).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 12:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Sorry if this has been covered before but did either boy shoot anyone they actually knew personally. I know there were a few cases where they knew people and didn't actually shoot, and in John Savage's case actually let him go so I was wondering whether they found it too difficult to actively kill an acquaintance (as opposed to killing them in the plan explosions).

Val, According to a few people spoke to Dylan a few times in class however, I think in the 11k she said she didn’t know Dylan. I could be misremembering. They did have a few classes together though.

Mikai (sp) hall knew Dylan and I think mentioned liking him. I don’t think they were friends but I’m pretty sure he mentioned something about him thinking he was a nice guy.


Dylan knew Rachel from theater. He at the very least knew she was friends with Devon and Brooks.

I don’t know if the knew Lauren or Isaiah.

I just sometimes wonder if Dylan knew Lisa. Robyn knew her well enough to try to get rolls of film from her. And I guess Robyn was blocked from speaking to Lisa after the shooting.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 6:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think it was probably said in a joking way. Dylan had no issues scarfing food down from all the reports from family and friends. Hell on Prom night the amount he reportedly consumed would have fed 3. Smile

I agree that by prom he was stick thin.

It may have been that he looked bulky in his trench coat and he wanted to look "cool"

From all accounts he didn't take his trench coat off for a while, Eric did right away.

Kind of darkly funny that Eric was all about tactical stuff and Dylan was like "we need gloves and a good pair of pants...."

Also I was mildly surprised that he didn't have his hair pulled back in a NBK's type ponytail too.

Yea, he looked especially..

never mind. He may have wanted to go for the crazy clown look like from HFH.

Where does this "crazy clown" thing come from? I don't think any aspect of Dylan's appearance was clownlike.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:06 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
ShadowedGoddess wrote:
I think it was probably said in a joking way. Dylan had no issues scarfing food down from all the reports from family and friends. Hell on Prom night the amount he reportedly consumed would have fed 3. Smile

I agree that by prom he was stick thin.

It may have been that he looked bulky in his trench coat and he wanted to look "cool"

From all accounts he didn't take his trench coat off for a while, Eric did right away.

Kind of darkly funny that Eric was all about tactical stuff and Dylan was like "we need gloves and a good pair of pants...."

Also I was mildly surprised that he didn't have his hair pulled back in a NBK's type ponytail too.

Yea, he looked especially..

never mind. He may have wanted to go for the crazy clown look like from HFH.

Where does this "crazy clown" thing come from? I don't think any aspect of Dylan's appearance was clownlike.

I know sue mentioned that his hair was unruly (he had naturally curly hair) and when he put his cap on the hair stuck out all over the place.

It’s kind of like a bald cap with the unruly hair of a clown at the bottom. Think bozo

I think there were mentions in the 11k about Dylan being like a crazy clown. Due to the hair thing again and his behavior



_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2019 8:24 pm

Pages 000172-000173

Evan Todd described Dylan Klebold as a white male, approximately 18 years of age, with long dirty blond hair." Evan Todd added in respect to Dylan Klebold's hair, it seemed to be somewhat "curly." As Evan Todd was describing Dylan Klebold's hair, he stated the suspect was wearing a black ball cap with a "Boston" logo. Evan Todd indicated the ball cap was worn backwards. After making that statement, Evan Todd noted it was his impression upon seeing Dylan Klebold, the forenamed "looked like a clown." When asked to elaborate, Evan Todd stated what he meant was Dylan Klebold's ball cap seemed to be somewhat tight around the top of his head and then the hair on the sides stuck out, similar to a way a clown might look. Evan Todd stated Dylan Klebold's t-shirt was black and had "red and white writing on it." Evan Todd stated it was his belief Dylan Klebold wore some type of "crossing straps" over the t-shirt, which held "shotgun shells." In respect to Dylan Klebold's pants, Evan Todd stated they were "black Army style, with cargo pockets." Evan Todd also recalled Dylan Klebold wore a "holster" on his left side and had on "black boots."

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 7:28 pm

I don't think "crazy clown" was the look Dylan was shooting for. Laughing Poor Dyl.

Why did Dylan's mom shove him and how exactly did he react?

What did girls in general think of Eric when he was alive? Anything juicy in the 11k about this?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 10:27 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
I don't think "crazy clown" was the look Dylan was shooting for. Laughing Poor Dyl.

Why did Dylan's mom shove him and how exactly did he react?

What did girls in general think of Eric when he was alive? Anything juicy in the 11k about this?

No, I think he was going for some sort of hippie assassin?!

In A Mothers Reckoning Sue was talking about her hard year with Dylan's troubles as well as the health issues of Dylan's dad Tom. I guess according to Sue, Dylan had been really irritable and disrespectful, his grades were slipping AND he missed Mother's Day and that was the straw that broke the camels back so she started lecturing him and she shoved him against the fridge I believe. I imagine Dylan was probably smirking or rolling his eyes at her while she was talking which probably made her angrier. Then Dylan said "don't push me mom, I'm getting angry and I don't know if I can control it" so she backed off and they spoke later in the day and they both felt awful. He apologized and she apologized to him.



The last one is a good question, I know there are a lot of instances where girls talk about Eric. I think [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] probably has some good links and info for that.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2019 10:53 pm

Chapter 3 has some good info about E/D and girls:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3378
Contribution Points : 59544
Forum Reputation : 1640
Join date : 2017-09-04

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 12:04 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In A Mothers Reckoning Sue was talking about her hard year with Dylan's troubles as well as the health issues of Dylan's dad Tom. I guess according to Sue, Dylan had been really irritable and disrespectful, his grades were slipping AND he missed Mother's Day and that was the straw that broke the camels back so she started lecturing him and she shoved him against the fridge I believe.

I maintain that this was a rather poor decision for Sue to have made. I understand that she couldn't have known that her son was a budding killer, but I have little doubt in my mind that Dylan was seething about this.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 10:30 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
In A Mothers Reckoning Sue was talking about her hard year with Dylan's troubles as well as the health issues of Dylan's dad Tom. I guess according to Sue, Dylan had been really irritable and disrespectful, his grades were slipping AND he missed Mother's Day and that was the straw that broke the camels back so she started lecturing him and she shoved him against the fridge I believe.

I maintain that this was a rather poor decision for Sue to have made. I understand that she couldn't have known that her son was a budding killer, but I have little doubt in my mind that Dylan was seething about this.

I imagine he was. He was Already feeling a certain anger and discomfort with his family. And whether or not you believe what he went through at school it had to have been hard for him to be pushed against the fridge by his mom.

I don’t think he wanted to hurt his mom, but I think he was realizing that he was probably capable of hurting someone.

That’s an interesting thing I wish I knew a little more about. When did they become desensitized to the fact that they could hurt people or was it the day of? Because they had never gotten into any physical fights before.


_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 3:28 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] - thanks!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2019 5:57 pm

no problem anytime

check out the Columbine Master Archive for more

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 12:32 pm

I have two 11k questions. Perhaps [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] would be the one to answer!

I don't know if I missed it but in Lance Kirklins statement he doesn't say anything about Dylan saying "sure, I'll help you" before getting shot. Did I overlook it, or did that come from somewhere else?

Also are there any witnesses statements that are missing? I ask that because I read about a student who was in one of the rooms near the library.... but I cannot find his witness statement in the 11k? Ben Lausten

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 3:41 pm

Lance Kirklin's verbal exchange with Dylan was not in his statement however you can find it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was also noted in Jeff Kass', Dave Cullen's, and Tim Krabbe's book.


*Good point about missing/not included statements.

If you look at 016321-016388 Master Index, you will notice quite a lot of redactions that include missing people's statements, etc.

Benjamin Lausten was on Eric's Shit List and maybe that is the reason why his statement was never included.

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 4:55 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Lance Kirklin's verbal exchange with Dylan was not in his statement however you can find it here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

It was also noted in Jeff Kass', Dave Cullen's, and Tim Krabbe's book.


*Good point about missing/not included statements.

If you look at 016321-016388 Master Index, you will notice quite a lot of redactions that include missing people's statements, etc.

Benjamin Lausten was on Eric's Shit List and maybe that is the reason why his statement was never included.

Thank you!!

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 11:01 pm

No problem, anytime!

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
SavageGlocker
Top Contributor
SavageGlocker

Posts : 269
Contribution Points : 15195
Forum Reputation : 173
Join date : 2018-06-30
Age : 26
Location : The land of KFC, bourbon and horses

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 9:40 pm

Does anyone know if either Eric or Dylan listened to Radiohead or the Smashing Pumpkins? I could imagine Dylan listening to them, but Eric not so much.

_________________
"When you get to hell, tell em I sent ya. You'll get a group discount."

- Caleb, Blood II: The Chosen
Back to top Go down
View user profile
cakeman

cakeman

Posts : 460
Contribution Points : 26311
Forum Reputation : 970
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2019 11:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Does anyone know if either Eric or Dylan listened to Radiohead or the Smashing Pumpkins? I could imagine Dylan listening to them, but Eric not so much.
Can't imagine either listening to Radiohead. I think they both listened to Smashing Pumpkins. Dylan sketched out a webpage and said it would play Disarm.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 8:27 pm

Did Sue comment on how Dylan behaved at home, like on a daily basis? What was he like to live with?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 10:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Did Sue comment on how Dylan behaved at home, like on a daily basis? What was he like to live with?

She talks about it in her book and in a few interviews.

Junior year after the arrest he teetered between being moody, distant but also gave glimpses of his old self. Having dinner with Sue and Tom, making everyone laugh etc..

He spent a lot of time in his room on the computer but Sue felt like he got out enough hanging out with friends, working and participating in plays that she wasn't all too worried. Before the van break in, it sounds like Dylan was pretty normal to live with. Sue said she was never afraid of Dylan, which is telling, even when he told her he couldn't control his anger she felt bad and didn't want Dylan to be angry and upset even though she was hurt about Mothers Day and his attitude.

Though in the 11k people say that Dylan didn't get along with his dad and hated being at home. He also said Byron was kicked out of the house... so we don't completely know.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
QuestionMark
Top 10 Contributor
QuestionMark

Posts : 3378
Contribution Points : 59544
Forum Reputation : 1640
Join date : 2017-09-04

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 12:32 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Did Sue comment on how Dylan behaved at home, like on a daily basis? What was he like to live with?

She talks about it in her book and in a few interviews.

Junior year after the arrest he teetered between being moody, distant but also gave glimpses of his old self. Having dinner with Sue and Tom, making everyone laugh etc..

He spent a lot of time in his room on the computer but Sue felt like he got out enough hanging out with friends, working and participating in plays that she wasn't all too worried. Before the van break in, it sounds like Dylan was pretty normal to live with. Sue said she was never afraid of Dylan, which is telling, even when he told her he couldn't control his anger she felt bad and didn't want Dylan to be angry and upset even though she was hurt about Mothers Day and his attitude.

Though in the 11k people say that Dylan didn't get along with his dad and hated being at home. He also said Byron was kicked out of the house... so we don't completely know.

The underlined is what I think is important here. If this is true, I think it's rather telling about how Dylan's real feelings about his home life was.

_________________
"My guns are the only things that haven't stabbed me in the back."
-Kip Kinkel
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:06 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks so much. Very Happy

My next question is, what was Eric like to live with? How did he behave at home? Did his parents ever notice a few screws loose?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:33 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
Did Sue comment on how Dylan behaved at home, like on a daily basis? What was he like to live with?

She talks about it in her book and in a few interviews.

Junior year after the arrest he teetered between being moody, distant but also gave glimpses of his old self. Having dinner with Sue and Tom, making everyone laugh etc..

He spent a lot of time in his room on the computer but Sue felt like he got out enough hanging out with friends, working and participating in plays that she wasn't all too worried. Before the van break in, it sounds like Dylan was pretty normal to live with. Sue said she was never afraid of Dylan, which is telling, even when he told her he couldn't control his anger she felt bad and didn't want Dylan to be angry and upset even though she was hurt about Mothers Day and his attitude.

Though in the 11k people say that Dylan didn't get along with his dad and hated being at home. He also said Byron was kicked out of the house... so we don't completely know.

The underlined is what I think is important here. If this is true, I think it's rather telling about how Dylan's real feelings about his home life was.

I think so too. Which is why it would be really interesting to hear from Byron or Tom.

Were there other reasons why they didn't want the book written?

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Screamingophelia
Other Crimes Moderator, Discord Admin & Top 10 Contributor
Screamingophelia

Posts : 5750
Contribution Points : 130783
Forum Reputation : 770
Join date : 2017-08-25
Age : 37

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], thanks so much. Very Happy

My next question is, what was Eric like to live with? How did he behave at home? Did his parents ever notice a few screws loose?

You're welcome!

Eric's family has always been really private but a lot of people called them "the Cleavers" so really traditional etc..

I think Wayne had worries about Eric due to his notebook he kept on Eric, and any troubles were kept in the house, he didn't want his families business in public.

We know Eric had punched a wall when he was an underclassman but I think with his dad being from a military background I am sure he had to really tow the line. I have a feeling Eric, especially when he started planning for the massacre was probably extremely polite and responsible at home, as to not call any attention to himself.

Have you read eric and dylans diversion records? Those really give you a good look at what it was like at home and also you kind of see their personalities too.

_________________
"And you know, you know, you know, this can be beautiful, you say you're numb inside, but I can't agree. So the world's unfair, keep it locked out there. In here it's beautiful."
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sympathyforEandD

sympathyforEandD

Posts : 217
Contribution Points : 28200
Forum Reputation : 318
Join date : 2018-07-27

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 8:58 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Wow! I've never looked into the boys' Juvenile Diversion records. Just found them on Google. At a glance there's lots of cool information here. Thanks again!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
sororityalpha
Top 10 Contributor
sororityalpha

Posts : 2787
Contribution Points : 75658
Forum Reputation : 461
Join date : 2013-03-22

The small questions thread - Page 34 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The small questions thread   The small questions thread - Page 34 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 01, 2019 11:02 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] you can find almost everything in the Columbine Master Archive below

_________________
Columbine Master Archive

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
 
The small questions thread
Back to top 
Page 34 of 35Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 33, 34, 35  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Kawaii Thread
» Swagbito's mission thread
» Protect Vshinuze from the Monster! (Kihia A rank Exam Thread)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Columbine High School Massacre Discussion Forum :: Thoughts on the Shooting-
Jump to: